[DIRECTORS] Admiral Equal to Marshal

Lazer

If you would like to suggest something to be added to the server please try to follow this template to make it easier on our end to get the suggestions sorted through with what is possible to the server and players!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Lazer

Suggestion: Making Admiral yularen equal to Marshal Commander.

Implementation: Really just changing the Republic Hierarchy. 

Lore: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wullf_Yularen

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: N/A

Job: N/A

Model: N/A

Weapons: N/A

Other: Why would Grand Master of the Order be equal to Marshal Commander when the Admiral of the Republic, Fleet and the whole entire ship and only equal to Regimental Commander? I'm sorry Jedi I don't mean to offend you but you are guests on the Republic Naval ship and somehow not just Yoda but Mace Windu as well are higher up then the Admiral. I wouldn't even really care if you didn't change any of the other naval ranks in the Hierarchy all I am asking for is to please just change the Admiral of the ENTIRE ship.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Why the FUCK WOULD THIS MAKE ANY GODDAMN SENSE.

You are comparing an Admiral, who is in charge of ONE FUCKING SHIP to the Marshal Commander in charge of the large portion of the FUCKING GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC

You run a SHIP. Not troopers. In fact, Naval cannot even ORDER TROOPS! So the whole thing is a waste of time

We won't even have an Admiral soon, so there is literally NO POINT to this

" but you are guests on the Republic Naval ship and somehow not just Yoda but Mace Windu as well are higher up then the Admiral. " Have you ever seen Clone wars before? They literally called ANY Jedi General "Sir" or "General" you know what that means? THEY OUT RANK THEM! "They are guests on our ships" holy fuck we might as well all be guests... oh WAIT... WAITTTTT JEDI ARE IN CHARGE OF THE CLONE ARMY WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ITS ALMOST LIKE. YOU ARE GUESTS IN THEIR ARMY.

" Admiral of the ENTIRE ship. " Cool, I'm in charge of the ENTIRE FUCKING ARMY, congrats on your tiny ship. One of a few thousand.

Edited by Washington
I forgot the -1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 8

Right so here's the thing. To become MCMD you must go through at least FOUR applications and interviews. To become admiral you must go through one. This doesn't make sense because of that. If the other admirals also had to go through interviews then I could understand but they don't so -1

1 minute ago, Washington said:

You are comparing an Admiral, who is in charge of ONE FUCKING SHIP to the Marshal Commander in charge of the large portion of the FUCKING GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC

This is a god damn joke in a half, and will be carried through by power-hungry Naval

You run a SHIP. Not troopers. In fact, Naval cannot even ORDER TROOPS! So the whole thing is a waste of time

Power hungry naval? Hmmmmm I always love seeing our Marshal Commander call out Naval the people who run the ship that he's on...Also, if you want to go all technical there would be no Marshal Commander job like you are on right now, it would be 91st Marshal Commander Neyo,  212th Marshal Commander Cody ETC...

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
10 minutes ago, Washington said:

This is a god damn joke in a half, and will be carried through by power-hungry Naval

" but you are guests on the Republic Naval ship and somehow not just Yoda but Mace Windu as well are higher up then the Admiral. " Have you ever seen Clone wars before? They literally called ANY Jedi General "Sir" or "General" you know what that means? THEY OUT RANK THEM! "They are guests on our ships" holy fuck we might as well all be guests... oh WAIT... WAITTTTT JEDI ARE IN CHARGE OF THE CLONE ARMY WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ITS ALMOST LIKE. YOU ARE GUESTS IN THEIR ARMY.

" Admiral of the ENTIRE ship. " Cool, I'm in charge of the ENTIRE FUCKING ARMY, congrats on your tiny ship. One of a few thousand.

When someone makes a simple suggestion but you act like your enema didn't go as planned.

Edited by Pyle
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Washington said:

Man you need to chill and hop off your high horse, I made a simple suggestion and you come in yelling like you own the place. You may be in charge of the entire Army but that doesn't mean you're good at it, they respect you and that you're superior to all others, It's a gmod server no need to wave your E-penis around. You're also more inactive then our Rear Admiral...oh wait...we don't have one.

• Agree 4
1 hour ago, Mr.Acorn said:

Right so here's the thing. To become MCMD you must go through at least FOUR applications and interviews. To become admiral you must go through one. This doesn't make sense because of that. If the other admirals also had to go through interviews then I could understand but they don't so -1

Also as @Robby/Ri stated, Yoda only has to go through one interview and gets Marshal.

1 minute ago, Llama/Yoda said:

+1 however just pointing out that Admiral Yularen was assigned UNDERNEATH Jedi General Anakin Skywalker. If we were going off of lore then every single Jedi Knight and above would outrank literally every single member of naval. 

This is a good point the only issue is is that there is no way it would work on the server lol. I do see your point.

1 hour ago, Washington said:

Seems a bit power hungry? Just my thoughts

• Agree 3
42 minutes ago, Lazer said:

You're also more inactive then our Rear Admiral.

Do you know what an "LOA" is? It stands for "Leave of Absense"

noun
noun: leave of absence
  1. 1.
    time when one has permission to be absent from work or from duty in the armed forces.
    "Joe was home on leave"
    synonyms: vacation, break, time off, holiday, furlough, sabbatical, leave of absence
    "he was on leave"

And I'm on one so... it's almost like... My activity would be reduced, thats crazy isn't it?

Edited by Washington

Neutral if its the only the admiral,

but -1 if the whole hierarchy has naval pushed up two. There were some pretty good reasons for them being put down two. I don't see a need for the whole branch to be moved up.

I am going to put this here, IN ANOTHER SUGGESTION. Please keep this civil. 1 or 2 comments only and calm down on the flaming. If you want to go start roasting kids, go to tantrum rantrums or go scream at each other in TS.

• Agree 2

After reading the comments to this post, just wow. Wow. Never have I ever wanted to put a toothpick under every toenail I have and kick a wall more than I do now at this very moment. WE ARE A COMMUNITY GUYS. Try to chill please.

Neutral. If I go anything else someone will probably hunt and kill my first born because I disagreed with their opinion on the admiral's rank in a star wars rp server.

No, but serious guys chill out please. Try to be less hostile and more friendly. If you want something to attack, focus on their actual argument and points, not ad hominem. 

Actual opinion is I'm neutral because either way doesn't really affect me.

• Agree 3

Just coming back to forums just to post on this. I was one of the people who pushed for all naval ranks to go down one rank and I still stick by that. Naval often have a tendency more than any branch(It is a repetitive history, which I make with a year of star wars RP experience.) to abuse the powers of there rank, so when their ranks went down one, such powers were also limited.(IE Vice admiral deciding he wants to fuck with Regimentals.) Not only that, Im not going to state that Admiral isnt "Hard to get" but when it comes in aspects of the other positions(Marshal and yoda) it pales in comparison. Both of which could take 5-7+ Months.(Jedi having to make it to master and Marshal having to climb to senior) however admiral could take only a month-two to get(Which Often I see. IE Squeaks and Freck, individuals who when in comparison to Previous Yoda/Marshals, there time to obtain such a position is much smaller.However I will admit there are instances of a Yoda obtaining Said position pretty fast,however this is a rare occurrence )

With all that being said, obviously I must state that I do not support this suggestion and thus give a -1

• Agree 1
22 minutes ago, Maymays said:

I don't know if this actually happened, but the point of this suggestion is to only move Admiral Yularen To the rank equivalent to MCMD. 

Which is why I gave two reasons but I will go a little further into my first reason. Just cause I said Vice admiral fucking with Regimentals does not mean it has not happened before in which the Admiral flexes rank on others(Which was why I said IE. Meaning it was just a example), I know Freck would not do this but its the fact that Naval as a overall has this history of doing such a thing.

TBH the only reason naval got that back in the day is because odyssey liked the way I ran it and after I left it kinda got scrambled. I have not been on lately so I can not judge how naval is doing. I mean if they are doing very well doing great RP and showing people naval is a wonderful thing having naval in comms deck for events keeping up to date with every battalion and naval is at its peak with professionalism I don't see why not. But on the other hand we are having a ground map soon and naval are going to be base ops but still I think you should talk with joah about the base ops thing make a plan ranks ect and then make a suggestion about that :) but atm i'm neutral - again the only reason why is because idk how it would work on the base ops map so if anyone has a plan let me know

Edited by Max

Neutral.

I want to remind people, that an admiral would usually be in command of multiple ships in a fleet. So they would be able to command more than the naval personnel on the ship. Also if since we look at the clone wars, yularen and skywalker always seem to,be work side by side of on another. He did the same with Obi-wan, and it seems almost the same thing happened with Windu and the ship’s commander, before boba destroyed the ship. While some may say the saying “sir” is towards the higher person in command, it is also a sign of common respect towards people along the same rank and some times lower ranks. If we look at a ranks of militaries across the world and through a lot of fictional military also, so to build on top of that, if you reached admiral, your at the highest rank in a navy, just like a four star general, or in this case, a marshal commander. 

The reason that this is a neutral post is that since there is a shift to a new map and it’s a land base map, the navy has to change accordingly, which will force the admiral rank to change and will pull that rank down since it’s a base that a general would usually command.

sorry for this rather lengthy post.

-PUCK

• Agree 1
44 minutes ago, Shrugger said:

Admiral is leader of a whole fleet, a captain is in charge of 1 ship.

In this context, (Star wars) I do believe the admiral position is in charge of one ship in a fleet, serving under the fleet admiral, who serves under the grand admiral.

10 hours ago, Robby/Ri said:

The grand and fleet admiral are non-existent ranks in the clone wars.

According to the link below, Fleet Admiral was used in the clone wars.

51 minutes ago, Shrugger said:

This link kind of proves the arguement against his rank up right, as at most he commands 72 warships, whereas the Marshal Commander commands at least 10,000 - 25,000 men. (Yularen was not a Fleet Admiral in lore, just a commissioned Admiral.)

Difference in size is key. I don't know what he equates to at this moment, but Regimental sounds about right.

Just now, Shrugger said:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Venator-class_Star_Destroyer/Legends

The crew of one warship, the venator in this case, is 7400. A full crew for a battle group of venators is going to be 532,800(7400*7) personnel. 

(Clearly I should look into the math before spouting numbers.)

The Admiral commands the fleet personnel aboard, not the troops aboard the ship. THE CREW MEMBERS ARE MOSTLY TECHNICAL CREW, WITH THE MARINES/BAORDERS FALLING UNDER GAR.

Orders to the men: BCMD > Admiral

Orders to fleet personnel: BCMD < Admiral

Looked up some math around here, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Army_of_the_Republic/Legends , and determined that the Marshal Commander has somewhere around 589,824 - 1,120,000 men under him.

Another note, each Admiral seemed to be advisors when it came down to the jedi aboard. (Yularen and Anakin for example.)

On 4/5/2018 at 6:13 PM, Lazer said:

Power hungry naval? Hmmmmm I always love seeing our Marshal Commander call out Naval the people who run the ship that he's on...Also, if you want to go all technical there would be no Marshal Commander job like you are on right now, it would be 91st Marshal Commander Neyo,  212th Marshal Commander Cody ETC...

O.O.F

-1 Because on this server the admiral has a tonne less responsibility than the Marshall. The admiral only cares after the naval in server context. The Marshall is meant to be responsible for the majority of the server population, the clone troopers. The only way for the admiral to be equal to Marshall is to give the admiral a good bit more responsibility.

Edited by BigZach

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retired Founder

Denied for the following reasons, 1 the Admiral runs a ship, not the entire fleet so regimental does make sense in that aspect. Now the second and most valid point is that we will be switching to the ground map relatively soon and when this happens naval will become base ops, which will be controlled by high command. Therefore the Base ops commander (replaces the admiral position) will only be equal to BCMD, so there is little point in accepting this with that change coming up.