Steam Name:
Gohn | Syns.gg

RP Name:
Gohn | Yularen

Steam ID (SteamID Finder)
76561198134507191 | STEAM_0:1:87120731

How many terms have you held the position?:
One term

How do you feel your previous term went?

My term went very well I would say, this is the first applicable position that I have been in and Naval was in the mud in the beginning and as of now it has grown and is becoming bigger and better every day.

Why do you wish to remain Admiral of the Navy?:

I wish to remain as the Admiral because I still wish to see Naval grow and become a powerhouse. I want it to be the most successful faction on the entire server, when you open the tab Naval will have 15 members on a daily basis. That's the end goal. I also want Naval to become reliant on their own, where they don’t need someone to hold their hands to make stuff happen. Where our NCO’s take the initiative to go out of their way to host something. I also really enjoyed my time as Admiral of the Navy and I feel like this is just a small step of making Naval the best. With proper leadership, the Navy will be stable. I really enjoy working with the current officers and it motivates me to keep on playing. I myself have improved a ton during my time and I want to keep on improving. I have acquired new leadership skills, and I think it’s great to have for the future so this position has been great towards me and I wish to remain in it to keep on growing.

Current availability:

Always available on discord

16:00-23:00 GMT+1

What are some of your achievements in the navy during your past term?:

• Increased Activity

• Total of 113 recruits (January 1st -September 25th we got a total of 155)

• Added Naval Jedi

• Naval Missions

• Officer Evals

• Naval Quota

• RSB under cover.

• RSB Contracting

• RSB On Solid Feet

• Former Yularen got a permanent human job

• Revamped Naval Handbook

• Fixed up the Discord

• Battlestations for the Temple

• Automated Roster 

• Built up Officer Corps that I trust

• Supply Sheet.

• Cheatsheet

• MED, ENG, Aviation Tryouts.

• Roleplay Guide

• NCO Handbook

• Reworked Naval Handbook

• Added Lore Jedi

• New pilot training with LVS

What improvements or changes do you plan on making within Naval?:

During my term I will be making sure that Naval is in a good position if I decide to not reapply and that we have Officers that are willing and able to step up and pick up the position to ensure that it never is near dead again.

Month 1

Starting off the first month I will push for Entertainments to be hosted. We have done this once before and it went very successfully, and we interacted with a ton of new people and showed them why Naval is good and what makes it fun.

Going more in depth of making the docs we currently have easier to manage this is something I have been thinking about as of recently, and most of the time It’s hard to navigate them and find the information you want.

Interacting more with the BH other than them running into the base, I wanna expand on this by going over to the Village on a weekly basis, being there often and making it a populated place somewhat, because currently the only populated place is the Base / Temple.

Month 2

Second Month is when the recruitment starts, and during this time it will be a priority to get people into Naval and making sure they have fun, because people are  the number one factor that decides if the Faction / Battalion you are in will be successful. Without them you won’t have anyone  that plays and fills in the important positions.

Going through documents and sheets and removing the ones that are not being used, since we have a ton of them but only half of them are being used so making sure that the ones that are not very successful will be getting remastered or removed.

Moving most of the documents that we have over to Google Sites since it is very easy to navigate and set up. 

Month 3

Month 3 will mark the end of my journey within Naval. During this time I will find out who is interested in stepping up to become Yularen, and guide those people to the best of my abilities and show them and explain to them why I do certain stuff. I will be like a mentor this last month and teach them very in depth behind every decision I make.

We will be starting with a ton of entertainment during this time as well to ensure that Naval is keeping up their relations with the server because you could say that Naval are (Mini-GMS). They are here to ensure that stuff is happening around the base, and to keep the players morale up.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes

Edited by gohn
  • Winner 2

Veteran Admin

+1 Did good his first three months why not another 3

• Agree 1
Head Admin

+1 best Yularen I have ever seen, constantly active, great attitude, very approachable. 

Let's see another term baby. 

• Winner 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

Veteran Admin

+1 why not? Good luck!

Current: 501st Commander | TC Kano | Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager | Quest Master TRO
Former: 332nd Captain Vaughn (x2) | Torrent Company Commander Appo | 501st Regimental Advisor | 332nd Officer Vyse (x3) | TC Officer Kano | TC Officer Tup | TC Dogma

96e1f283745a8d13665184e2f4d1c2c787303b42
IM BATMAN

Head Admin

+1 he really did make naval great again. Gohn is a real winner

• Agree 1

Current: BCMD Cody (FIRST IRISH & WELSH CODY)
Former Waxer | Former Boil | Former Wyler

+1, you've done great so far!

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

I have a few questions before I vote on this. 

1. You stated that having 15 members Daily is your final goal for the naval branch. How do you feel you took steps to set up for that during your first term? Do you possess the confidence and capability to attain this high number in your second term as admiral?

2. Considering the circumstances, how do you plan to better relations between the Naval and Civilian factions? I've seen some issues in the past and would love to hear your thoughts on how you aim to tackle them.

3. Was there anything that proved challenging to achieve in your first term, and if so, what were those goals?

4. You've been stressing the need for self-sustainability within our faction. What's your take on whether our current officer and command core are up to the task or if there's room for improvement? If there is, what do you think they could work on?

5. You talked about improving a ton in your opening statement. What do you feel you improved on the most, and how do you think it affected the naval branch?

6. I wasn't present for the first month of your term, but I heard about a considerable improvement from before you got the position. These numbers were great but seemed to drop slightly during the last month of your term (I might have been on at the wrong hours, but this is what I've seen and heard). Do you feel like there was a reason for this other than getting close to the holidays, and how do you think you could have prevented this from occurring while additionally preventing this from happening in the future?

• Confused 1
  • Dumb 3

Current: Poker

Prior: Poker

• Director
Director
6 hours ago, Poker said:

You stated that having 15 members Daily is your final goal for the naval branch. How do you feel you took steps to set up for that during your first term? Do you possess the confidence and capability to attain this high number in your second term as admiral?

I can't promise getting 15 members on daily, but that is the end goal for the Faction. The steps that has been have worked as expected, we are making sure people have something to do when they are on, we have put up a quota to make sure people do stuff rather than just sitting in their position. I very much possess the confidence to have 15 people on but the second part the capability. It will be hard getting these numbers, and what we have done already is great. Naval is the least "updated" faction. The Civilian faction itself has 21 jobs / whitelist & the Jedi has 28 Jobs / whitelist, but if you look at Naval we are no where close to having that amount of jobs / whitelist at our disposal we currently have a total of 7, and that's including the Cadet job. So with this in mind the what we have achived so far is great, but with the update that was mentioned in the community meeting I am hoping for some new and exciting stuff that could spice Naval up. 

6 hours ago, Poker said:

2. Considering the circumstances, how do you plan to better relations between the Naval and Civilian factions? I've seen some issues in the past and would love to hear your thoughts on how you aim to tackle them.

You mention that you have seen some issues in the past, but I am unsure what you are talking about. I would assume you mean my disliking of Bounty Hunters. That will remain there I think the idea of them is great and they bring a unique way onto Synergy that many other server does not posses, but as I have said before is  that I don't like the 50/50 chance of either having a chat with them and them helping us out or having a gun pointed at me. My relations between the Civilian faction overall I would say mainly on good grounds. I haven't talked to many of our current senators but every now and then there comes one that roleplays with the Naval Faction, the Govenor (Edgar) and myself does not always see a eye to eye but we have had good relations with eachother and work pretty well with one and another. I am currently unsure about your Senator Lead, since I haven't had a interaction with him yet. The only unstable relation is with the Guild Lead (You) I would say, and that is us not seeing eye to a eye on many of the suggestion that have been put in the the Commander Chat. I have said it before and I will say it again I dislike bounty hunters, not because you are in charge of them but the overall way Bounty Hunters act. With them one day being friendly and the next they steal a vehicle. What I have brought up to Edgars attention is that instead of putting up suggestions that would change the permission a bounty hunter has inside the base base, I am willing to sit down ingame and write up documents, negotiations, sanctions tc where we can bring in a big chunk of the playerbase to wittness this. Since both Naval and the Civilian faction is heavily dependent on roleplay this here is one great way for the relations to increase even further.

6 hours ago, Poker said:

3. Was there anything that proved challenging to achieve in your first term, and if so, what were those goals?

The Challenging part, was reviving Naval. I stood hours recruiting people every day. I made countless dupes putting them up around the base showing off Naval. I even went as far as offering a 1v1 If they won they would get a 1,000,000 credits but if they lost they would have to join Naval. But after a lot work we revived the Faction and made us a force to be reckoned with.

6 hours ago, Poker said:

4. You've been stressing the need for self-sustainability within our faction. What's your take on whether our current officer and command core are up to the task or if there's room for improvement? If there is, what do you think they could work on?

There is always room from improvement, I myself am not perfect. I really suck at writing up documents, or making the discord look nice, automating the roster ETC. But that is where we (officer core) have eachother. So in the  beginning of my term I sent out a message to the Officer Core where I wanted them to write me a message with the following format. 
Things I like doing:
Things I don’t like doing:
Thing I am good at: 
Things I am bad at:
So with this message being sent out I somewhat figured out what people wanted to be doing and what they did not want to be doing. Once I have accumulated the answers I based the work I had in mind for each person and let them do what they where good at / liked doing. If they liked doing documents but weren't very good at it I would still give them the chance to improve on the work they enjoyed doing. I did not wan't to force anyone into making a document or hosting tryouts but if that is what they liked then they where given the chance to do it. 

So my overall take on the current Officer and Command Core is that currently it's in a great position and they are up for the task but it's always room for improvement. 

6 hours ago, Poker said:

5. You talked about improving a ton in your opening statement. What do you feel you improved on the most, and how do you think it affected the naval branch?

The skill that I improved on the most is my leadership skill. I have learnt what drives people and what discourages them, I have tried looking at most things with a fresh pair of eyes. I have sent many of our new people in Naval a message asking them if they have encountered any problems or have any question after 2-3 weeks within the faction. So overall it has been a positive effect in the Naval Faction, it has grown prospered new ideas, and made it more fun for people.

6 hours ago, Poker said:

6. I wasn't present for the first month of your term, but I heard about a considerable improvement from before you got the position. These numbers were great but seemed to drop slightly during the last month of your term (I might have been on at the wrong hours, but this is what I've seen and heard). Do you feel like there was a reason for this other than getting close to the holidays, and how do you think you could have prevented this from occurring while additionally preventing this from happening in the future?

As I mentioned above Naval is the least "updated" faction. Where we only have 7 jobs / whitelist in the Faction. This is a big factor that comes into mind, because people join the Faction they haven't tried it out before and they come in and wanna do a little of everything. Going for new positions (going up the food chain) but after a while they have done most of the stuff they wanted fairly quick and this is the stop for them. It's a big stop that they can't do so much if you compare it to any other battalion / faction since we have been limited. But with the new update I really hope Naval will get some new stuff that can spark a intrest in people. One of the ways we prevent the activity from dropping is by releasing a bunch of new stuff.

We made the changes so RSB Can go undercover with the blessings of Edgar

We added a Naval Activites that includes missions, challenges and awards that can be given with a big bonus of credits.

This is some of the stuff we implemted to combating people from feeling like they can't do much with the Faction. They have to option to go for the "harder" branch (RSB), or grind out some credits for a perma weapon in the Armory. So as you said "how can i prevent this from happening in the future" Simply that is impossible, whatever I do activity will drop and it will increase. What I can do on the other hand is slowing it down and those changes have been put in place. With the new update in mind I hope that there will be new changes for the Faction, that allows us to do more work and combat this. Since it is impossible to prevent people from leaving the Faction / Server. 

Edited by gohn
  • Winner 2
  • Informative 1
  • Based 2

Veteran Admin

+1

Currently: CG TKL CPT Hound / Gume Saam / Veteran Admin of le server

OG ranks - SO CMD Moose and First ever CPT Taggart  - The best Walon Vau - 212th Longshot -212th Boil

image0_0.jpg?Expires=1713869171&Signature=pQFr0NFqAAclPZeYNF7vhjGNiPkVMzCrH5co-1b6Ddw1rG4MIxfk17QXicML2RluDZGf6Cd17LvfdGdiXTTvScbv3iIjPv3jiDfNaPF4M-3pI2cbtrnaLpcnzt~XkWlzLxEZ3CD4hIo~SBuKePikssjLNIrqXs2pdyixwLeZPcXakqp~jqSnMKz8jBnMDAt-X2LnAx1X47sVHM3NeQkU4kKMnsAqrA~llVmvG-yVD32CB57Ak5Mb6V4jj87XqMSjpClxprk1RWL2RYawitVkPy49rMJvqj8-ofbmdIX5FlThB2BQCze2ateZjdaoD1xMVLWkWk2J0cB3OggMzdK9Ew__&Key-Pair-Id=K3RDDB1TZ8BHT8 

+1... I would love to see more application, but the reapp process is definitely a much shorter application than a first app. Naval has grown with a day/night difference. 

Really haven't seen Naval do this well since Freck was Yularen. Hopefully you stick to your guns and keep Naval going strong. It's refreshing to see that blue name in the chatbox granting my PTL's rather than a CPT+

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Veteran Admin

+1 

+1 gohn has done great things with naval

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

GM Leadership

+1 No brainer

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

GM Leadership

+1 cause EU 

• Based 1

Former:
Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager
CMD Alpha 17  | BCMD Gree 

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Management

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk