327th JTO CPT Obama
DU XO Locke
TCC XO Kano
SGM Trauma
Null-12 SGT A’den
501st MAJ Jesse (Current)
Guild Leader (Current)
Head Admin | GMM (Current)

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?

Knowledge of the battalion

I have been within the 501st a few times, majority of those times reaching higher ranks within it. With this I do have the knowledge of a lot of things that worked and didn’t work, as well as current and past cultures regarding the battalion’s way of operation. There is, in the plan section, a lot that I would bring back and some I would never bring back due to me having said knowledge of the battalion at those times. Unlike previous time where I applied, I have joined the battalion and worked my way from SGM to MAJ as of now learning the systems and integrated myself 

Dedication & Work Ethic

When I set my mind to achieving something, I work constantly to achieve that goal. I don’t do things half-heartedly, I work my hardest to get everything done to a high standard and on time. I care greatly about the battalion, and I want to use my time to fix the current problems in the battalion and grow it into something great. I’ll do as much as I need to do to ensure the battalion succeeds, may that, if accepted, be this singular term or multiple terms in the future.

Approachability

I try to be as open as I can be in the sense of people being able to come to me with their problems, concerns, or anything else. I prefer handling it this way as this ties into being able to resolve issues within the battalion with healthy communicative ways. 

Management & Leadership

As a leader, I believe in leading by example and showing my team the way through my actions. I keep up a high level of activity and expect the same from my battalion. Whether it's about sticking to certain standards during in-game fun or keeping a strong work ethic, I think leaders in higher spots should be role models for their battalion.
I'm also good at dishing out tasks and keeping an eye on their progress, all while staying in touch with the people involved. This lets me pitch in and help the battalion evolve while keeping things in check. I'm pretty adaptable too, so I can handle different situations and learn from them quickly. This has come in super handy before and will be a big plus in a leadership role.
Working with my officers is gonna be my main thing. I value their thoughts and insights to make decisions for the battalion. Everyone's viewpoint matters, and I'm happy to team up with others to make the battalion perform at its best.

Availability
Monday - Thursday; 12 PM EST - 10 PM EST
Friday - Saturday; 6 AM EST - 10 PM EST
Sunday; 6 AM EST - 10 PM EST

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?
| 501st MAJ Jesse has played for 5136:19:34.

Do you have a microphone?
Yes I do

Where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term?
The following sections will go over what I want to do over the entire term, spread out, to prevent burnout and ensure it’s optimised to the point it can be used by future BCMDs and/or innovated upon the systems put in place during my term. 

Officer Corps

Currently the officer corps is in a stable state as to where there are enough officers that even if a few were to go on LOA or go inactive we would still manage. There is no change that is needed for that specifically, but rather the distinction between the four ‘’levels’’ of officer ranks. Currently there is no real difference between WO-MAJ within the battalion. Pushing for the changes where there is a clear difference between WO, LT-CPT, MAJ, and CMD+ is necessary so people assigned the ranks understand what their actual job is within the battalion. In short here is what it would entail:

- Warrant Officer position is to be treated as a 3 week long trial officer period in which they have an increased interaction with the NCOs & Enlisted, learn the ropes of becoming an officer and at the end of this ‘’term’’ be concluded by the current officers if they are moving up to LT or moved back down to SGM based on their performance within those 3 weeks.

- Junior Officer (Lieutenant & Captain) rank group troopers will be overseeing management of the Enlisted+, and will be expected to carry out their duties as defined by their day to day operations (Disciplining, leading in events, working on management goals, etc). This rank is expected to lead/mentor in any event that comes on our way and can do so flawlessly. Anyone at this position is expected to show a high level of professionalism when communicating with other battalions, and are to be seen as the role models for the battalion. I consider this rank group to be on the front lines of much of the day to day operations.

- Senior Officer (Major) rank group members will be overseeing the JOs and below. They will be expected to carry out duties that will be more defined as management of the battalion, and assist the JCOs with their inquiries. Anyone in this position, like with JOs, will be expected to show a high level of professionalism when communicating with other battalions, inner-battalion personnel and be a major role model for the battalion. This is a rank I consider to be actively aiding in game when needed, helping Battalion Command now and then, and hosting training revolved around improvement.

- Command (Commander) is considered to be a senior management role of the battalion, this is where troopers are expected to handle the top-down management of the battalion (implementing structural battalion policies, evaluating and rewriting documentation, handling the direction of the battalion as a whole, etc). Troopers of the CMD rank group will be expected to show outstanding leadership, and are able to take a look at the overall macro management of the battalion. This is also where they will be transitioning into handling management matters, with delegating many of the daily operations to the NCOs, SNCOs, JCOs, and SCOs. If the BCMD is otherwise disposed, the members of the Command team are expected to be able to take over command of the battalion as a whole and are trusted personnel within the battalion.

- Battalion Commander considered to be the head honcho, the Battalion Commander Rank/Role is critical to keeping the battalion on task. This rank is essential for setting battalion wide goals, setting standard, and being the face of the battalion as a whole. This rank is responsible for overseeing documentation development, writing documentation, watching over the conduct of everyone, ensuring continued battalion relations, and much more. This rank is one that should be held with honour, integrity, and respect. As I have stated before, leadership stems from the top, so strong leadership is important to fostering a sense of brotherhood amongst the ranks. Anything that is done at this rank (inactivity, minging, etc) will surely be seen and replicated by others of the battalion, so it is important to stand tall as the role model for change and progress.

Regimental & Sub-Unit Structure 

With the current Regimental Structure we have there is the position of Regimental Lead, like usual, and currently also the position of Regimental Advisor. This so-called ‘’REGA’’ is essentially a fancy name for a REGO, in other battalions. I plan on completely removing this position and keeping it to just REGL. 
    This would also apply to the current role of Jesse being placed as an immediate XO for the 332nd sub-unit. Rather than putting someone in a position just because they got a certain character, have them work up to it. With this it’d effectively move Jesse to a normal ARC trooper within 332nd itself with the possibility for them to apply for 332nd Officer.

As for the current state of the sub-units, they are in a decent spot. With TC having the vacant slot of Appo it will be one of the first points to address within the term to get Torrent Company running smoothly from the start. 
    As for 332nd, they are in a decent spot besides the retention and activity. As this is an easier sub-unit to get into, it also comes with the complication of retaining people that enter it. This is an issue that will be addressed with one of them being the requirements being SGT+, EOD, and Tech without the ability for a waive in this case. This is so the people who play and get into the sub-unit actually are serious and put in a little bit of effort into it rather than join, go inactive, and eventually get removed.

Transfers

Small point, but important to me. I will be removing any and all transfers above the rank of SGM for the sole purpose of not being a fan of integrating new officers into the battalion that already has a working officer corps. If people are adamant on helping a battalion out and they are serious about it, they can work their way up to the position of WO again and go from there while getting adjusted to both the battalion and its culture. This would have no exceptions no matter who it is.

Documentation, infrastructure, and organisation

This point is more so everything is organised in a way that it’s all in one place and accessible at any time for the necessary personnel. My first time in 501st CMD+ positions we had a google drive that hosted any and all officially made documents from the 501st Legion accessible by only CMD+. This would mean that any and all docs not within this ecosystem would be seen as scrapped and not in-use. With this think of folders such as Regimental-, Battalion-, and miscellaneous structures. With people needing access having the access needed. 
    With this infrastructure change any and all Senior Officer+ would be responsible for the changes made to documentation as opposed to other people. All documents will be changed into a uniform format so it all follows the same system. 
    As for organisation, some minor changes to clean up the discord and make it easier to navigate in the discord itself for both existing and new members. This would not change any systems in the discord currently installed for our intel purposes unless fully needed.

I believe that all these changes, while not directly influencing how we play, will help a lot from a management standpoint and organise everything for the future BCMDs.

NCO Corps

As it currently stands there is not a system in place to see who needs to be promoted and who not, rather it is based on the officer’s discretion. While I want to keep that, I also am going to add performance based promotions. What does this mean? While it’s still officer’s discretion, the amount of work people are putting in, as both officers and mainly NCOs, will be factored in heavily. This is both in-game and anywhere else where it helps the battalion.
    A small, but needed change, is to implement EOD training within the SGT training if the trainee doesn't have it yet as we as the 501st host that training and it’s important for any and all 501st SGT+ to possess that.

Battalion Jedi

Currently our jedi program is basically dead, consisting of only two active jedi. It’s a big thing as we have 2 of the biggest jedi lore characters within the battalion and I want to take advantage of that. Currently we are lacking an Ahsoka, which is one of the things I wish to address ASAP so we can get someone into the position who has dedicated their time to the 501st. 
    As I am not the biggest nerd on Jedi, I do not have a ton of plans for the battalion as of now other than integrating them into the day-to-day operations and establishing a successful jedi regiment for the 501st with leadership members who add value to said regiment.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?
Yes I do

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?
Yes I do

• Friendly 2

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

Veteran Admin

+1 Hes a real one and has a mission

• Friendly 1
Head Admin

massive +1

• Friendly 1

Current: BCMD Cody (FIRST IRISH & WELSH CODY)
Former Waxer | Former Boil | Former Wyler

1 hour ago, Bleach said:

+1

Sam's Tailor moment

+1. 3rd times a charm

• Funny 1
  • Winner 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

GM Leadership

+1, based on interactions. Great candidate. 

Edited by gurk
  • Friendly 1

Former:
Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager
CMD Alpha 17  | BCMD Gree 

Biggest +1 I could possibly give.

Rohan is a stand up member of the community who has extreme passion and determination to rise up though the ranks of it. He is an extremely close friend of mine who I trust even more so. He has been there for me whenever he's needed for more times than I can count.

He is a commendable person worthy of recognition within Synergy and has shown that he is more than worthy of becoming Rex and running the 501st.

Staff side, he is an excellent leader who will answer any questions any member has and is always willing to help out someone, along with him being the infrastructure HA he is more than capable of making/implementing a merit system for the NCO Corp so they will be able to be promoted.

In-game wise, he's a great role player and will engage in any situation if he is brought into it. He's extremely active and will stop on a dime if you need help whether a new player or old.

Rohan, as I've said, is single handedly one of the greatest person I've ever met on this server before and know that is his capable and truly worth being friends with.

• Winner 1

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

I met this guy not too long ago, and hes one hell of a guy. When he says he wants to do something or fix something, he will keep to his word. I truly believe he would do the job as the leader "Rex" and run the 501st. Hes very dedicated. +1

Edited by Ajax-Dogma
  • Friendly 1

spacer.png     

Current: 501st Ajax

Former: TC REGL Kano, TC REGA Dogma, TC Hardcase TC REGL Tup      41st Clanky,   41st Cooker WP REGL Sinker WP Mortar 332ndO Ross 332ndO Gunner

Veteran Admin

+1

Rohan has been great as my 332ndXO, great guy fr

• Friendly 1

Current: 501st Commander | TC Kano | Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager | Quest Master TRO
Former: 332nd Captain Vaughn (x2) | Torrent Company Commander Appo | 501st Regimental Advisor | 332nd Officer Vyse (x3) | TC Officer Kano | TC Officer Tup | TC Dogma

96e1f283745a8d13665184e2f4d1c2c787303b42
IM BATMAN

Veteran Admin

+1 he got this

• Friendly 1

+1 Best applicant for the position

• Friendly 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

+1

The detail is brilliant in the application and he's just a great guy.

• Friendly 1

Current: Vango

Former: Mechanised Regimental | (First) 41st MEDL CMD Gett | 104th General Plo KoonNaval Commander Vango | Jedi General Adi Gallia Sinker | Serra Keto | Battalion Commander Wolffe

+1. You have a good set on where you want things to be and how to do it. Good luck

• Friendly 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1

• Friendly 1

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Management

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

• Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk