Zeros

Steam Name: Zeros 

RP Name: TC SUPO SGM Hawk

RP Rank: SGM

Steam ID: 76561198151315208

Battalion you are applying for: 501st BCMD Rex

Experience:
104th Mechanized: Private - Captain
I’ll be honest, 104th was the first thing to catch my eye when I first joined Synergy, just over a year ago actually! It’s been a real ride since but it was really where I began to build my skills and experience on server. It was a really good learning environment, whether it be from Sinker or the lessons learned on the road to CPT. The memories and friendships I formed and continue to hold that stemmed from 104th is just..wow. This was really where I began to find my place on the server and thrive, whether it be learning the ropes of leadership, how the server works, and everything bundled into that tent. 

41st Recon: 1st Lieutenant
I formed a lot of friendships within 41st while a 104th, which eventually led to me joining. 41st wasn’t the longest lasting battalion, close to about a month, but it really taught lessons and drove the stake of experience further into the dirt. While 104th was incredible and still is, there was much more space in 41st to expand and learn. Improcco Company was another subunit experience and 41st itself was where I really learned what roleplay, other than just the standard MED or EOD, meant to the server and how it could impact my own experience.

501st Legion: CSM - BCMD
Really the one that matters most here. I remember joining 501st after growing incredibly close with many members of the battalion and decided to join. It truly feels like home, where I’ve never felt a burnout of the battalion and rarely of the server. Over my many months of being in the battalion, I learned a lot about how to be a leader, branch out, and many more lessons, not to mention all the incredible memories. 501st became and will always be my home battalion with nothing really equal to it on the server. As a REGL, I learned how to effectively manage the selection of positions and decision making in such an important role, which I really have to thank for paving the way for my first time as Rex. TCC/Appo was an incredible point to learn from, with managing a subunit and dealing with all the perks/downsides of doing such. I’ve learned how to properly manage and maintain 332nd from my time as Vaughn, making it more than “just a skin” on the models. My term as Rex was a great time, though there weren’t too many changes other than trying to reach a recovery point. I’ll be completely honest, I got burnt out of the server and leadership..like really bad. Out of all the things I’ve done on the server, my biggest regret has to be resigning from Rex. I could’ve and definitely should’ve taken an LOA or an ROA to get away from the server but I’ve got a pretty bad habit of not doing so. However, all of my experience within the Legion, my best ideas and changes, my worst ideas, and more, have all paved the way for my confidence to run for Rex once again.

SOBDE/05 Commandos
I’ll be honest, this was a really short experience. I went to 05 due to the burnout from leadership and just wanting to be in a squad with friends, but that was a decision made out of that burnout. However, I learned a real good amount of how a squad system can really do wonders while still managing to keep it feeling like a battalion. I had a lot of fun in SOBDE but I eventually felt a longing to actually *do* something for the server again. Which eh…led to this one.

Mechanized Regimental
Oh boy, MECH REG! This was a really, really, fun position. Fun aside though, it was a really demanding position. This was much more of a supervisor/advisor role compared to my past experiences which was definitely a shift in how I worked. There were a lot of prevalent issues within the Mechanized battalions which was my ultimate goal to try to fix them, which really worked for GM and 41st number-wise. The 104th began to do better as well, especially with them getting the purpose of 104th Mechanized back by gaining the two tank trainings again. I really wanted to see these battalions succeed, which they’ve certainly gotten back on the road to do. For my first experience in High Command, it taught me a lot about how the server is run and how changes are made/decided. I didn’t exactly make it all the way through but that experience and knowledge has stuck. 

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:
I believe I should become a Battalion Commander due to my ability to be a strong leader, overall experience in the battalion and on the server, as well as my past and current effort and dedication to the 501st. I’ve always had a strong belief in communication within the battalion. This can range from simply asking for another opinion on a change, passing down information that is safe to be known, and making sure everyone’s perspective is considered and made heard. I believe this is an extremely important trait to have when running a battalion, as you’re running a battalion, not just a project by yourself.  The 501st needs a communicative and strong head, which I can definitely be. Doesn’t hurt that I’m active, either.

Availability: Every day throughout the week after 3-4 PM EST, weekends almost all the time.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: Over a year, I joined back in early July of 2021.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes.

Where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term?: 

I just want to start off with my plan for myself before I jump into the battalion goals and plans. I do not intend to resign this time. If I ever start to feel burnt out or just not how I think I should feel as BCMD, I’m taking an LOA this time. I fully intend to make the term limit of three months, not a single month and leave because I went full force for a month without taking a break. Woods’ term really showed what everyone can do at their best, providing the perfect momentum for the swing to keep, well, swinging. I believe that I can provide the push needed to finally climb out of the slump the 501st has found itself in. I truly want to see 501st dominating the server not just in numbers, but in roleplay and in their actions. Here comes the good part.

Torrent Company: TC is in a strong spot, only missing Tup and Dogma currently. However, we can definitely improve. We’re currently missing an unnamed Jedi, which is a priority to get filled. Once slots are full, I’m shooting to see Torrent Company as the pillar of professionalism and expertise within the battalion. This isn’t a “oh they’re an elite group” mentality, rather that the members *know* what they’re doing and how to guide others to reach where they are.

332nd Company: To be completely honest, I’m most likely going to *close* 332nd to new members for a short period of time in the beginning, maybe a week or two, just to build our current base of 501st up stronger. Once I feel that the battalion is able to support 332nd, it’ll open ASAP unlike the event server. Vaughn, Jesse, and Ahsoka will still remain open though! First priority is to get an Ahsoka ASAP alongside the Jedi team we’ve got. Once 332nd is opened again, the goal is to fill it up with an incredible group and with these new policies: 332nd has priority with EOD within the battalion. Hosting trainings for it, dealing with it, etc. This doesn’t mean regular 501st can’t do these things, just 332nd have that first priority. Second, unnamed 332nd won’t be a thing any longer. The idea is to simplify things and modify the subunit to be lore names only similar to 212th’s Ghost Company. Once the lore names are full in the future, the possibility of unnamed 332nd will be brought to the table.

The Officer Core: To be transparent, we have a big problem with the officer core and its numbers. We currently only have 9 officers, with 1 CMD, 2 MAJ, 3 CPT, 1 LT, and 2 WO. This is…really low to be blunt. The issue is not only filling these ranks up in order to have a strong head, but also in order to maintain a constant flow of promotions, intel work, and other associated things. Once we fill back up, I plan to have a brand new Officer Training in order to make sure everyone understands the current goals, mindset, and their duties within the battalion, which will be required for everyone to go through (although it won’t be a long one, just to respect everyone's time).

NCO Core: Our NCO core is slowly rebuilding itself with new recruits and a new mindset for the current NCOs, where our lifeline and foundation is becoming stronger and stronger to what it was in the past. However, the amount of trainings is at a concerning low. I’m full throttling on the push for trainings, both from NCOs, Officers, and even myself. My main goal is not to have trainings constantly, as that’s a burnout in seconds, but at least four or five a week minimum from the entire core, not just a person. These don’t have to be massive trainings as well. We’ve been incentivizing training and recruitments on the server and 501st, and I’d like to continue to do that. 

Jedi: With Jedi right now, we’re in a pretty rough situation, with only Anakin and 1-2 actively playing, which we really need to improve upon. As stated prior, an immediate goal is to push for an Ahsoka in the battalion. I’d  also like to see more recruitment for them within the Jedi discord and a push in game to recruit more 501st Jedi. Our Subunit Jedi is a little hidden on how to join and I want to see it much more transparent on how to become either 332nd or TC Jedi and with tryouts a much more frequent thing.

Intel: I’ve noticed Intel, roster-wise, is rather smooth and works like a well-oiled machine. However, there’s currently an issue with *who* can do tag assignment and maintain the roster if something does go wrong. I plan to combat this issue by bringing back the idea that Officers should be maintaining the roster and anything intel related within the battalion, especially the “log your own stuff” idea in order to make sure everything is updated ASAP.

Roleplay: Yeah, almost every BCMD+ application has an RP section, but I’m not here to say that we “need to enforce roleplay as a standard” because forcing RP is the worst possible idea. The 501st has already been pushing for roleplay within our ranks and encouraging it within encounters, deployments, and just IC conversations in game. I don’t want to force anything, but rather continue to encourage and incentivize roleplay. Rex being on almost daily will make the 501st have way more opportunity, which is what I hope for. My goal is to push for much more character playing, especially within deployments or even just mass-taking a quest for the hell of it. 

Player Retention: The BIGGEST issue I can possibly address here, is player retention. 501st has had this issue for months, which began with the server’s overall decline and it’s really disheartening to see. The main way I plan to combat this is to be active myself, which’ll encourage members to stay online and active. I can also find ways to incentivize activity with trainings, patrols, and also by starting little encounters (even if it’s box RP) with my ability as an SA/GM. Although I wish my own activity would be the godsend gift to fixing this, it isn’t. There’s always numerous issues within a battalion to fix and none are perfect. It’s always been part of 501st culture to make sure everyone feels at home and welcome, which is something that needs to strengthen and continue to be part of our culture to keep players within the battalion. Of course, it also relies on everyone else to keep the system running, but I’m here to make sure that happens.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: Yes

Edited by Zeros
waived in title
  • Informative 1

retirement is bliss

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wd5z54vl09nbbv1okw

Head Admin

+1, why would you leave sobde man :(((((((((((((((((

Good luck either way!

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

• Director
Director

+1 very helpful in all situations, looking at his previous spots he has been marvelous!

GM Leadership

+1, active and helpfull. Only had good  interactions with you.

Edited by Gurk

Former:
Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager
CMD Alpha 17  | BCMD Gree 

I genuinely don't know if i can +1 this in good faith. I lack the ability to think you'll actually finish out your term.

Because i love you so much i'll +1 it. But please don't make me regret it 501st really could use you.

Edited by Mystic
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

18 minutes ago, Mystic said:

I genuinely don't know if i can +1 this in good faith. I lack the ability to think you'll actually finish out your term.

Because i love you so much i'll +1 it. But please don't make me regret it 501st really could use you.

Considering how the server crash and my subsequent resignation has left 501st with the struggles it currently faces, I don't plan on resigning early at all. Not gonna regret this whole thing a second time.

retirement is bliss

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wd5z54vl09nbbv1okw

GM Leadership

+1

Exactly what the 501st needs.
Very Active
Amazing Interactions
I have absolute confidence in Zeros capability to lead the 501st in the right direction and do what needs to be done

• Dumb 1

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

11 minutes ago, Hanz said:

Knowing your personality and how you act while on the server/in teamspeak, I honestly don't think you're fit to represent the entire 501st or be BCMD equivalent.

-1 Hanz said it best.

• Funny 1
  • Winner 1
  • Dumb 2

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

+1 honestly this guy has always wanted to help 501st even when he wasnt in the battalion. he is a loyal and respected member of the 501st and is 1 of 3 people i would want to apply for this position because what 501st NEEDS is someone like zeros to pick it back up after the cluster of the past. i hope you get it man because god knows 501st needs you right now goodluck!

Certified Femboy!!
Current Positions: Jedi KU Elder Master Simms| Former Friendly Neighborhood Yoda

+1 Good guy, I think he is deserving of the position!

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

Head Admin

+1 get this man his keys! 

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

+1 During my term I depended on Zeros a lot and he pulled his weight. And a lot of people enjoyed his previous Rex Term. Say what you want, but I have high hopes in him and I believe in him! I will even come out of retirement for him! Get this man his second Rex Term!

Former Rex - Fives - Walon Vau

+1 Since he joined the Battalion again he's being doing great work to get us back on track and it's motivated me to try even harder to help out the battalion. I would be honored to work with him for as many terms of Rex that he applied for. 

+1, I fully endorse this man to succeed. He can do what I could not.

Bash on him, hate him, bring up his past history. Whatever you want to say, this man is doing what no one else is doing, he's trying. He's apologized for his mistakes, he's even made up for most of them. As a wise man once said:

wp-1523386801159.jpg?fit=1200,799&ssl=1

Edited by Wood
  • Friendly 1

+1

• Dumb 2

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

+1
I had a lot of fun with you when you were Rex and later when you were RCMD. During that time, I think you were a good leader, and I'm sure you can bring some of that leadership to the 501st. I hope you can help them bounce back and get them back to the good times.

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• Management

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk