Ghost company improvements

Name: Super

RP Rank: LT (waived by BCMD and GCC) 

Suggestion: Part 1 - Bringing Medics to Ghost Company 

Implementation: Replace the two 212th Officer Jobs and instead Add 2 Ghost Company Medic Jobs to GC. We would take the 212th officer job as no one uses it so we don't go over the job limit for 212th. The job itself would only have what a standard medic would normally have. We would also add 2 more lore characters from Ghost company Nova and Wyler these wouldn't be specific medics or jobs but it adds 2 more members to our roster. Ghost Company as of recent is almost at full capacity this would allow more 212th to join our elite unit.

Lore: During the 2nd battle of Geonosis arch, you can see a Ghost Company trooper administer medical aid to Trapper.In the episode The Solitary Clone  of Bad Batch we see our 2 new lore characters, Nova and Wyler, on a mission with Commander Cody.

Job: Ghost Company Medic 

Slots: 2

Loadout:

rust_syringe

rw_sw_dc15a_o

rw_sw_dc15s

weapon_bactakit

Model: models/synergy_roleplay/212/officeg/officeg.mdl

Dev Implementation: Only thing that would need to be developed is adding the medical symbol to this model.

Suggestion: Part 2 - Improve the weapons within Ghost Company 

Implementation: Add the purge variants of both the DC-15a and DC-15s to all of the Ghost Company jobs.

Lore: Ghost Company was 212th’s elite unit that Cody hand selected himself for special missions.

Add or Change: Add the Purge weapons to all Ghost Company Jobs.

Job: Ghost Company ARF, ARC, HVY, SUP, Waxer and Boil

Description: Ghost Company's only current appeal is the people within it, the armor, and the health bonus. Besides that Ghost Company doesn't have much appeal compared to 2ndAC which has jetpacks. 

Weapons:

1. rw_sw_dc15a_purge

2. rw_sw_dc15s_purge

Dev Implementation: Just have to add the guns to the Ghost Company Whitelist.

We’re fine if we only get one of these weapons we don’t expect to get both.

Edited by SuperTrooper110

Grand Master Yoda I High command

Head Admin

^ As current BCMD Cody, this has my full approval. Ghost Company and 2ndAC competes with each other to bring in quality members into either subunit, and one having jetpacks vs cool looking armor is definitely a little lopsided. We NEED medics in Ghost Company to ensure the ability for full on spec ops missions and a weapon kit change would help out our elite unit. 

The 2 slots for lore names are an added bonus and something that would help us create unique RP. While Wyler and Nova were not clearly indicated as Ghost Company troopers, it can be inferred that they were at minimum within the 212th. I believe 212th can make use of these lore characters and create new RP with them. 

• Agree 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

+1 I like having medics and guns :)

• Agree 1

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

+1 for the addition of medics. but i don't think you can remove the Officer Job as i think its a default for all battalions.

-1 on the Purge additions. The purge weapons surpass the Westar in terms of usefulness and strength. Not to mention both are currently Perma weapons purchasable through credits, which i don't think the Developers or Founders want to circumvent by giving to a Subunit. 

• Agree 1
  • Pay Respect 2

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Head Admin
4 minutes ago, Mystic said:

+1 for the addition of medics. but i don't think you can remove the Officer Job as i think its a default for all battalions.

-1 on the Purge additions. The purge weapons surpass the Westar in terms of usefulness and strength. Not to mention both are currently Perma weapons purchasable through credits, which i don't think the Developers or Founders want to circumvent by giving to a Subunit. 

Can understand the purge weapon comments. GC wanted to pick a weapon that wasn't taking away from the regiments inside the subunit while also giving a spec ops unit an advantage. We've been told that while perma weapons are unlikely to get added, anything above blue rarity is 100% a no go. Fingers crossed we can find some sort of weapon in the future that helps us out. 

• Agree 1

spacer.png

+1 for the medics, this can provide cool new roleplay with special operation medics
-1 for the purge weapons (if what Mystic said is true)

22 minutes ago, KaiserNeiner said:

Ghost Company and 2ndAC competes with each other to bring in quality members into either subunit, and one having jetpacks vs cool looking armor is definitely a little lopsided

I think this is a dumb reason for wanting additional things tbh. I understand where it comes from, but I don't think 2ndAC and GC can be (and should be) equally compared. GC is supposed to draw people in not because cool models but because of cool lore and prospects of special operations and the tight-knit squad structure. Saying that the quality members that could choose between either choose 2ndAC on the criteria of good model vs jetpack is IMO more indicative of a larger issue that needs to be resolved and that shouldn't be resolved just by giving a strong weapon to GC. There has to be something that allures people that isn't just a strong weapon. GC is sick as hell and you guys gotta use the other stuff you have to do that. 
You don't need a medic job and a new weapon to get more members and compete with 2ndAC! You can use what you have, like the interesting dynamic of GC and the interesting lore characters and the elite stance on roleplay to get quality members. If those members make their decision on where to go based on models/jetpacks, they aren't that quality of a member anyway! 
But yea a medic job would be cool nonetheless and pretty useful for operations and stuff

• Winner 1
  • Pay Respect 1

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

+1 For Medic
-1 For Weapons

After reading from a few others I think medic can actually be a good fit with the limited slots of the two jobs. I was just skeptical about it fitting in, I do however have a question for Super. Would Nova and Wyler be limited to being medics? Or would they be able to be taken to other reg slots like the other lore names are? 

The Purge versions of the guns are pretty powerful, and are perma weapons. Not to mention they are pretty damn powerful. I feel maybe if you wanted to add specifically the DC-15A / S purge, not both, it'd be better. As for lore wise, similar to how I feel to the first one, I feel if Cody gave his specialized subunit a better weapon than most troopers, it would probably be something that isn't a modified version of their standard kit.

Edited by Fars
Changed Opinion
  • Disagree 1
  • Confused 1

Former: 187th 1stLT | 104th 1st LT Warthog | 2ndACC REGL CPT Barlex

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

+1 for the medics, this can provide cool new roleplay with special operation medics

I think this is a dumb reason for wanting additional things tbh. I understand where it comes from, but I don't think 2ndAC and GC can be (and should be) equally compared. GC is supposed to draw people in not because cool models but because of cool lore and prospects of special operations and the tight-knit squad structure. Saying that the quality members that could choose between either choose 2ndAC on the criteria of good model vs jetpack is IMO more indicative of a larger issue that needs to be resolved and that shouldn't be resolved just by giving a strong weapon to GC. There has to be something that allures people that isn't just a strong weapon. GC is sick as hell and you guys gotta use the other stuff you have to do that. 
You don't need a medic job and a new weapon to get more members and compete with 2ndAC! You can use what you have, like the interesting dynamic of GC and the interesting lore characters and the elite stance on roleplay to get quality members. If those members make their decision on where to go based on models/jetpacks, they aren't that quality of a member anyway! 
But yea a medic job would be cool nonetheless and pretty useful for operations and stuff

I suppose truthfully the "strengths" of the Purge weapons are dependent on the person using it. Though that can be said for any gun. The DC15S Purge has a better Fire rate and higher damage than the Westar and the DC15A Purge is essentially a DC15X with a higher fire rate and mag size  but still slower than the DC15A base which it makes up for with its 50+ damage shots (including its long range scope) So statistically they are better than the now nerfed Westar and they work better in events where tick rate affects the Westar Fire Rate. 

TL;DR The Purge Weapons are statistically better than the Westar, but are far less versatile in terms of one gun doing it all.

(my last comment. Just wanted to give Eclipse some insight. Don't merc me Guac)

Edited by Mystic
  • Friendly 1
  • Pay Respect 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Head Admin
5 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Competing is a bit closer to "friendly competition" than actual competition yet I hear what you're saying and don't disagree. High quality roleplay is what distinguishes the subunits however these changes could add some variety and spice into the current Ghost Company. 

• Agree 1

spacer.png

Banned

heck nah  -1

• Agree 4
  • Confused 1

r4ymo.gif

1 hour ago, Fars said:

-1 for both.

According to what I've seen, Ghost Company is largely a recon/assault unit and does the best with the kits they're given. Medics wouldn't, in my opinion, fit in well. Instead of finding another strategy to recruit new soldiers into the subunit, it appears as though an effort is being made to increase the size of Ghost Company by including one of the most well-liked regiments and two additional slots. (As for extra details, I basically agree with everything Eclipse said about comparing 2ndAC and GC)

When it comes to medic ive been aproched by multipule 212th medics that have said they would love to join Ghost Company but we dont have medics 2 of the people that wanted this was our MEDL Yapper and one of the first MEDL Chill

• Agree 1

+1 For medic. Personally I see no downside, as a previous GCO I was asked by medics why there wasn't a class for it, so now that this could be introduced I don't have to say "never been a thing never gonna be".

I'm neutral on the purge weapons on the other hand. Wouldn't mind what the 212th considers "the elite of the elite" to have higher damaging/performing weapons but also then what is the point of going for arc with the westar like others have pointed out. I personally recommended giving GC grappling hooks to make them stand out, just like these weapons would make them stand out but it got shot down very quickly. No other squad wants to share what makes them special because then they wouldn't be special. Currently GC is just recolored default troopers with 212th that died. Other then the color or their armor the only difference is that they don't have puldrons.

• Pay Respect 1

Current - Six-Ten

Longshot - Peel - GCO - GC - SupL - ArfL - HVYL - Oddball - Waxer - Boil

+1. I am all for a sub unit getting medics. Medics are so valuable on this server and if it makes the medics in your battalion happy and it is lore accurate, I see no reason why.

• Agree 1

Former 41st GC REGL XO Tetra | Former Cin Drallig x2 | Former Serra Keto x2 | Former Branch Overseer Former Mace Windu

41st CMD Tetra

I can see why the suggestion was posted, nobody uses their battalion officer whitelist unless they're a brand new transfer. However realistically, unless they get rid of ALL battalion's officer whitelist, this won't pass. It's either every battalion changes the whitelist, or none do. 

Good luck tho :FeelsDankMan:

(+1 for changing officer whitelists, but -1 to everything else tbh. They won't only do this for 212th and not the rest of the battalions as well)

Edited by Deku
  • Informative 1

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

1 hour ago, Fars said:

question for Super. Would Nova and Wyler be limited to being medics? Or would they be able to be taken to other reg slots like the other lore names are? 

As stated in the suggestion they would be open to all of Ghost company 

Having Ghost Company Medics would be something that would be good to have back and to have a new change in GC. For this, I'd give a +1 for GC medic and GC new item changes as they are a specialized unit.

+1 overall 

• Agree 1

spacer.png

Former: [212th] - 2ndAC SUPL LT Goji
Current: [Naval] - Navy Rear Admiral Rampart

• Management

I already approved the use of Wyler and Nova for 212th.

The purge weapons will not get added to any job because they are perma weapons.

As for GC Medic that’s an understandable request but you state that your reasoning behind it is to give GC an edge on 2ndAC but 2ndAC also has a medic job… with a jet pack. Have y’all given any thought on swapping 2ndAC medic for GC medic instead? The issue with the GC vs 2ndAC debate is both subunits are similar size with near exact jobs but 2ndAC have jetpacks. I’d recommend thinking about it from that point of view instead.

Just my two cents

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

8 hours ago, Mystic said:

I suppose truthfully the "strengths" of the Purge weapons are dependent on the person using it. Though that can be said for any gun. The DC15S Purge has a better Fire rate and higher damage than the Westar and the DC15A Purge is essentially a DC15X with a higher fire rate and mag size  but still slower than the DC15A base which it makes up for with its 50+ damage shots (including its long range scope) So statistically they are better than the now nerfed Westar and they work better in events where tick rate affects the Westar Fire Rate. 

TL;DR The Purge Weapons are statistically better than the Westar, but are far less versatile in terms of one gun doing it all.

(my last comment. Just wanted to give Eclipse some insight. Don't merc me Guac)

+1 for medics and Nova and Wyler
-1 for purge weapons

I still think the nerf of the westar was dumb af, if i use the dc15a it feels better now than a westar and the westar 11 is also better than a westar which is bad in my opinion. The Westar M5 should be the only weapon that is equal or slightly better than a high tier perma weapon. The sole reason is the trainings you have to go through to get it and the limited slots in battalions, but going back onto purge weapons it is unneeded in my opinion with what ghost company has in terms of lore and missions that they should be doing. GC doesnt need any more flashy shit to make themselves look better than 2ndAC. It just comes down to how well you can sell your subunit to a new trooper and what you can impress them with. If I'd see a elite subunit with cool ass armor who go on elite missions i'd be like fuck yeah instead of the flying boarding guys. Thats just my opinion.

• Agree 1

+1 to the Medics and Nova and Wyler. -1 to the Purge weapons. I cant really find a good enough reason to agree with the idea of purge weapons for GC. I thought it was a cool idea me being biased towards GC because I'm in it. But thinking about it now without any of the excitement I had towards the idea at first. I cant find a good enough reason to give a perma weapon to some whitelists for free, while others have to farm credits to get it.

• Agree 1
11 hours ago, Marvel said:

Have y’all given any thought on swapping 2ndAC medic for GC medic instead?

Honestily i dont agree with this point 2nd AC medic is one of the most saut after possitions in 212th and is constantily full i wouldent even think of getting rid of it giving Ghost company medics would improve our quality of life as a squad as we dont have to rely on our sister unit to constantily heal us 

+1 talked about this at length with ghost company and will hopefully bring a bit more incentive to join 

Edited by Rezz
  • Agree 1

Former: Alpha-78 (x2) | Colt | Havoc | Alpha-77(x2) Alpha-17 (x2) Alpha-66 Alpha-98 | Boil | GCC Nova

Head Admin
18 hours ago, Mystic said:

This^

+1 for medics, -1 for the weapons

• Agree 2

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

On 5/8/2023 at 2:37 PM, SuperTrooper110 said:

2nd AC medic is one of the most saut after possitions in 212th

The point he's making is that adding GC medic doesn't give any real leg up on 2ndAC. If you remove 2ndAC medic, it makes the role of GC medic more desirable because it's now the only subunit medic. Why would someone be a GC medic when they can be a 2ndAC medic instead and get a jetpack? Marvel's saying that gives GC more of a leg up, rather than them getting a medic as well and better guns.

• Pay Respect 1

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

1 hour ago, Eclipse said:

The point he's making is that adding GC medic doesn't give any real leg up on 2ndAC. If you remove 2ndAC medic, it makes the role of GC medic more desirable because it's now the only subunit medic. Why would someone be a GC medic when they can be a 2ndAC medic instead and get a jetpack? Marvel's saying that gives GC more of a leg up, rather than them getting a medic as well and better guns.

For me i actually think 2ndAC and GC are quite balanced. GC has jobs like ARC, Heavy and ARF which 2ndAC don't have and gives them to be apart of GC and their lore if they do switch. But with introducing 2 medics it Nola and Wyler it would make the roleplay more interesting, i'm thinking on the lines of Kix roleplay similar to torrent of 501st.

• Agree 1
  • 1 month later...

+1 for medics, purge weapons were already denied.

Being a current GC and REGA for 212th, I am almost consistently asked by 212th Medics on if they can join GC as medics and It hurts me every time having to turn them away to 2ndAC or just normal med. I think it would be extremely useful for operations as a special operations unit because often times we do find ourself getting milly rocked and it often seems we are underpowered compared to 2ndAC who can just *poof* with their jetpacks.

If medics don't get added, I'd like to see some buff or something for GC.

Current: Nothin :)
Former: Shadow Company Enlisted | RANCOR Captain Kase | RANCOR Alpha-22 "Aven" | RANCOR Alpha-26 "Maze" | RC-1140 "Fixer" 212th Ghost Company Trapper, Gearshift, Threepwood | First Rav Bralor
spacer.png

+ 1 medics
-1 weapons
End 2ndAC medic tyranny.
As current Waxer I am willing to return the jetpack that was 'liberated' from 2ndAC storage and in exchange we receive medics.
I believe this to be a fair and honorable trade.

Systems Dev

This suggestion has been moved to REVIEW PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been accepted by the community vote or through Founder approval and a concept is being created by the development team)

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife