Office of HC 3/24

Vote  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Office of High Command March 24th, 2023. 

File:Galactic Republic.svg - Wikimedia Commons

Marshal Commander: Mazen | Bacta

Hello!

First things first: 

After a Commander Vote and a Meeting, We've passed a rule regarding the maximum positions you hold. Due to the immense change and nature of this rule, we now want the community opinion and vote on this said rule. 

The rule is an extension of our rule that puts a cap on the amount of lore characters you may hold. If this vote were to pass the public opinion, you will not be permitted to hold more than 2 positions from this list. 
"You may not hold more than 2 positions from this list"

image.png

Note: Holding GMD + another staff position only counts as one position. 

An example of something that's works:

Mazen

- Marshal Commander

-Jedi Master Plo Koon

- Veteran Admin

- Gamemaster Director

This would be okay, he would only hold 2 of the positions on the list. However if Mazen were to get promoted to the Jedi Council, he'd have to drop one of the 3 positions. His occupancy of Gamemaster Director + Veteran Admin only counts for one position, 

An example of something that does not work:

Mazen

-Commander Cody

-Veteran Admin

-Guild LT. 

This would not be ok, as Mazen occupies 3 of the positions on the list, so he'd have to drop one of the positions. 

As mentioned above this was voted on by Commander+. For transparency, here's what people voted. 

image.png

image.pngimage.png

This vote wasn't a one day thing, it was discussed over the span of a couple of days, and finally was brought to a close during the command meeting. The general consensus was that the rule should be brought to the community to be voted on. Our reasoning for the rule is to ensure that people in positions of power and responsibility are being used in an effective and above bare-minimum way. Way too often do people stretch themselves too much, causing them to be less effective in more positions. This leaves certain positions occupied but not being used. Similarly to anything, this rule is NOT concrete and can be added, removed or changed to ensure the rule is fitting our specific server climate. 

As always we want to hear and understand the community perspective of this, I urge you when voting to think, discuss, and understand why this rule has been brought to the table. So please, take your time, ask questions, and vote. 

Moving on: 

We still have these HC positions open!

Chancellor Palpatine - The leader of all the Factions

Attack REG - Leading all Attack Battalion's (including DU on its return)

Admiral Yularen - Leader of the Naval Faction

I've noticed that people are fumbling a bit when it comes to asking for a waive. Make sure that before you do, you understand the problems of the battalion, come in with support of the people you will be leading, and lastly, come with confidence. Going for a random position with no idea on what's actually going on in the Battalion/Faction will result in a denial. Do your homework, come with confidence, and you have a pretty good chance of getting a waive. 

As always, my dms are open with Zwin 2e#3961, and I encourage anyone to DM about situations to ensure we are tackling, battalions have been on the up and up so I'm excited for the future!

Edited by Cubby
  • Confused 3

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

I don't really like this personally, If people can't take all the jobs they should resign but if they can why limit them?

If they become inactive under all means remove them. But I've seen people and was able to be a SA, Appo, and Barriss at the same time. Its all about being able to find time for all of them.

**UPDATED**

After a discussion with Bacta I feel like he has presented himself really well. This idea should be put into place not to limit people but to put strain off of people. Lets say your VA, Yoda, and Rex. You can't do that, no way you'll be able to handle all of the responsibilities you'll end up leaving a position and then the position you leave is empty, and it'll stay empty for some time and that puts a whole in the Battalion or Faction. This rule could really patch many problems with missing leadership and make people more active again. Thats all I have.

Edited by Zin
me and bacta discussed
  • Agree 1

Former: Warrant Officer Appo | Jedi Commander Barriss Offee | 212th SGT Zin Senior Administrator

4 minutes ago, Hanz said:

I don't know if Veteran Admin should be on this list but I like it other than that

Veteran Admin manage the staff team every week and something that is demanding on the server, being a VA is the equivlent IMO to the work that a regular commander does, as they are managing, demoting, promoting, and handling situations everyday

• Winner 1
  • Informative 1
  • Dumb 1

It would be better if holding more than 2 was eliminated naturally as people simply cannot uphold the standards but that's never worked in ghe past so a brute force method is the best functional 

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

I think Staffing shouldn’t be considered within this rule change. I understand the in-game positions part, but why is Staffing also included as well?

• Agree 2

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

I just want to explain my position on this vote as I have a small difference in opinion. I agree that a limit would help. But I would rather have the current positions one holds to be brought up in heavier conversation should said person go for another. Example. I'm BCMD and I want to go for a Senator. But then also be a Council Member. Already holding 2 things, it should be considered whether or not I can handle it by the Command Team of the group.

• Agree 3

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

While i also don't think VA should be on the list, i do think that this rule change could be effective if upheld and enforced. 

If it doesn't i do hope a reversion is possible in the future. A large part of past failures is refusal to rollback to a working system.

I hope it all works out!

1 minute ago, Bacta said:

You would be fine with this

nice signature

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Forum Admin
7 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

But I would rather have the current positions one holds to be brought up in heavier conversation should said person go for another.

People always say they would do this, and then it never happens. I think that’s why a rule being put in place actually holds people accountable. 

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

7 minutes ago, Bacta said:

You would be fine with this

Just an example. It doesn't actually fit the criteria.

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Forum Admin
14 minutes ago, Zin said:

But I've seen people and was able to be a SA, Appo, and Barriss at the same time. It’s all about being able to find time for all of them.

Yea the difference is these are all positions which have little to no responsibility to others, nor are truly that sought after. Not to mention you wouldn’t be affected in this case at all, because these positions aren’t listed in those affected. 

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

4 minutes ago, Xiao said:

The idea sounds good but I dont feel like Staff should be included on the list as staff doesnt relate to server leadership other than High staff go brrrr. Other than that everything else is fine

Staff is server leadership, when you rank up in high staff your time is divided more very similar to a commander.  Ranking up in staff does effect your RP positions  regardless as you are given much more responsibilities,  as someone who has been VA multiple times i can attest to this matter as this takes up a majority of your time

Edited by Bacta
  • Agree 1

After a discussion with Bacta I feel like he has presented himself really well. This idea should be put into place not to limit people but to put strain off of people. Lets say your VA, Yoda, and Rex. You can't do that, no way you'll be able to handle all of the responsibilities you'll end up leaving a position and then the position you leave is empty, and it'll stay empty for some time and that puts a hole in the Battalion or Faction. This rule could really patch many problems with missing leadership and make people more active again. Thats all I have.

THIS IS A NEW POST AFTER DISCUSSING WITH BACTA

Edited by Zin
spelling error
  • Friendly 1

Former: Warrant Officer Appo | Jedi Commander Barriss Offee | 212th SGT Zin Senior Administrator

2 hours ago, Zin said:

After a discussion with Bacta I feel like he has presented himself really well. This idea should be put into place not to limit people but to put strain off of people. Lets say your VA, Yoda, and Rex. You can't do that, no way you'll be able to handle all of the responsibilities you'll end up leaving a position and then the position you leave is empty, and it'll stay empty for some time and that puts a hole in the Battalion or Faction. This rule could really patch many problems with missing leadership and make people more active again. Thats all I have.

THIS IS A NEW POST AFTER DISCUSSING WITH BACTA

1. You can’t be yoda or Rex because you can’t be two applicable positions at the same time. 

2. I thought this was common sense by the faction / server leadership. We have seen people try and most fail. I guess if it has to be put into a rule I’d say HA / GMD / Director but honestly I don’t think Director should hold anything CMD+ 

• Agree 3

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

23 minutes ago, Dennis said:

1. You can’t be yoda or Rex because you can’t be two applicable positions at the same time. 

2. I thought this was common sense by the faction / server leadership. We have seen people try and most fail. I guess if it has to be put into a rule I’d say HA / GMD / Director but honestly I don’t think Director should hold anything CMD+ 

i am of the same opinion on #2. I think if you limit High Staff, Limit the ones with an actual say in the servers changes, As well as the part about Director+ holding a CMD or Applicable position. HA+ gets a vote on new BCMD+s. As well as having multiple other duties split amongst them while being less numerous than VAs. But to each their own in that regard.

Edited by Mystic

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

I truly don't think that is necessary of a change to be made. I didn't see anyone in a long time do anything for this rule needed to be made. It puts a lot of unneeded pressure on people, it would make people like me, mystic and meow unable to become a commander without either dropping staff or jedi. And people like Baddog would be forced to drop one of their positions. 

I understand you want to limit responsibilities that one person can have, but i think its something that could be done invidualy.

• Disagree 1

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

Putting it bluntly, as most of Synergy has a "I can do anything and everything" mindset for some unknown and unfounded reason.

This rule is in place to ensure people don't stretch themselves thin and either burn themselves our or give themselves unneeded stress by trying to spin too many plates at once.

This rule is mainly for the more important roles, as outlined above. These roles  require a high level of activity and dedication to the relevant faction. Many of the people who would have reservation about have likely not been in a situation where you are in too of these. 

About year ago I was Bacara and a VA/HA. Both these roles took a lot of my time as staff needed me to monitor the whole staff team while Bacara needed me to monitor those in my battalion and those outside it.

I have seen many people see position as titles or trophies to win. That is an incorrect mentality to have. Positions are proof of competency, the person above believe you can do it, it's not something given mindlessly and has responsibilities associated with it. 

Every position has a different work load, so unless you have done them all, dont be quick to judge. The higher you go in synergy the more it becomes a pseudo job, for lack of better words.

• Friendly 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

I also dont just think this just makes sure people in power are more dedicated to their positions, I think it will give more people an opportunity to get into these positions that aren’t already super involved in the server already.

Edited by Hanz
  • Confused 1

🌓🌙

12 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

I just want to explain my position on this vote as I have a small difference in opinion. I agree that a limit would help. But I would rather have the current positions one holds to be brought up in heavier conversation should said person go for another. Example. I'm BCMD and I want to go for a Senator. But then also be a Council Member. Already holding 2 things, it should be considered whether or not I can handle it by the Command Team of the group.

A problem with this is that the command teams of every group are very different. No two teams would approach someone in a similar situation the same way, causing a lot of issues- if the Guild's leadership thinks that I can't hold another position, but the Jedi Order does, what do I have? A headache.

• Funny 1
  • Informative 1

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

+1 Not many people can manage 3 positions of these caliber, and with the current growth it would be more beneficial to have them focus on and be even better in just the 2, opening those spots for other people. 

This is a good immediate fix for the issue rather than having to deal with increasing some artificial standard and have people just barely scraping by the same as they were before. 

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

3 hours ago, Hanz said:

I also don’t think this just makes sure people in power aren’t more dedicated to their positions, I think it will give more people an opportunity to get into these positions that aren’t already super involved in the server already.

Blud | Know Your Meme

This is like actual nonsense, it's bad for new people to become involved with the server and gain positions? You think we should consolidate power in the hands of people already in power?

Edited by Comics
  • Funny 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

This actually makes complete sense; throughout the years this has always been an issue. When the server started, we limited the number of positions someone could have, and it made sense. Like it has been said before, we are seeing growth, not SIGNIFICANT growth but growth, nonetheless. If we continue at this rate, we'll start seeing a pretty good average player count, people should have options to be lore characters and not have to worry about too much else. 

When you volunteer for the staff team you are volunteering that the time you're putting towards the server goes towards player enjoyment. I will not lie, some people can definitely pull it off and be two things plus staff, but not everyone. If this goes into effect, you will see better effort being put into certain programs because that's where the focus is. You won't have to worry about someone who is a Head Admin doing his staff work plus being a BCMD and also a Jedi General lore character, it just doesn't make sense logistically and it doesn't help when you can't see the communication between major characters in the Star Wars universe.

All for this, I will be honest though; the way this was typed out is WAY too goofy.

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

I'm all for this change. I've seen firsthand how people struggle to hold multiple positions, and how it affects the people they're supposed to be leading. I'm optimistic this will increase the quality of leaders we have, and push the community in a better direction.

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

3 hours ago, Comics said:

Blud | Know Your Meme

This is like actual nonsense, it's bad for new people to become involved with the server and gain positions? You think we should consolidate power in the hands of people already in power?

I am saying this is a good thing

I typed it on my phone when I was tired and didn’t notice the typos that made it confusing

Edited by Hanz

🌓🌙

Due to the positive feedback from the poll this rule change is accepted, as stated in the discord message also, this will be our mindset going forward with future members of the community.  If anyone currently breaks the new rule currently they will not be effected!

image.pngimage.png

Edited by Bacta