A question for the community.

Should Battalions be looked at for closure?   

97 members have voted

1. 1. If Battalions were to close what ones would you see closed?

• 501st
    • 212th
    • Galactic Marines
    • 104th
    • 41st
    • Rancor
    • Dooms Unit
    • Coruscant Guard
    • RC/SOBDE

This poll is closed to new votes

After careful consideration and consulting with our server Director and members from the server’s High Command Team myself and @Woeny are faced with a very difficult and unpleasant decision but because of the scale of this action we are here to gauge public opinion and see how the community feels on the decision. Do you feel battalions should be looked at for closure either temporary or permanent and if so what battalion(s)?  

• Funny 1
  • Dumb 1
  • Bruh 1

30 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I wish the poll results where private. Nothing is more discouraging then seeing the community vote for your battalion to get removed.

Why are people dumbing this? It's a real, genuine, valid take. He's absolutely right. Do you know the levels of anxiety you'd get coming back every hour to see if your heart and soul was on the chopping block? The announcement should be made after the polls are done, and the rest should stay quiet.

Also tbh what purpose does RANCOR even serve?

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Dumb 8

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

I think this is a genuinely bad idea. The issue I see with that logic right now is that if we remove some thing it will cause more people to leave most likely and with our current dwindling population that is not a good idea. 

For example, even if the people in DU rarely play on the server but you remove the Battalion and now they go away that is permanent population loss instead of temporary population loss. It doesn’t matter if they’re active or not if they never come back that is a permanent member loss. I would rather see someone be on once a week then someone never come back

Not to mention in this is just a weaker reason but you also lose the possibility of anyone who loves a battalion ever coming back. Like what happened to 327th

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

1 hour ago, Lovestruck said:

Why are people dumbing this? It's a real, genuine, valid take. He's absolutely right. Do you know the levels of anxiety you'd get coming back every hour to see if your heart and soul was on the chopping block? The announcement should be made after the polls are done, and the rest should stay quiet.

Also tbh what purpose does RANCOR even serve?

PFFT. I know how it feels. Nobody cares about that and it sucks.

• Agree 2

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Just now, Hanz said:

Bro is still not over the Galactic Marines changes 🤣

GM Changes were baller. I'll forever be asshurt that my subunit was removed lmao

• Winner 1

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti

It’s funny that there are more people who vote on this than actually get on the server 

• Agree 2
  • Bruh 3

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

12 minutes ago, KillJoy said:

It’s funny that there are more people who vote on this than actually get on the server 

You can vote for more than one

• Agree 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

4 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

I think this is a genuinely bad idea. The issue I see with that logic right now is that if we remove some thing it will cause more people to leave most likely and with our current dwindling population that is not a good idea. 

For example, even if the people in DU rarely play on the server but you remove the Battalion and now they go away that is permanent population loss instead of temporary population loss. It doesn’t matter if they’re active or not if they never come back that is a permanent member loss. I would rather see someone be on once a week then someone never come back

Not to mention in this is just a weaker reason but you also lose the possibility of anyone who loves a battalion ever coming back. Like what happened to 327th

and 91st and 187th... and the people who resigned form the 21st wipes... and the SOBDE wipe.... and the minge era of 41st.... its never worked. You bring up a good point with the population loss. Everytime somethings been wiped or removed its caused quite a few resignations. 

Edited by Mystic
  • Winner 1

11 minutes ago, Mystic said:

ned form the 21st wipes... and the SOBDE wipe.... and the minge era of 41st.... its never worked. You bring up a good point with the population loss. Everytime somethings been wiped or removed its caused quite a few resignatio

yeah sorry to not mention the others. Just using 327th as an example

• Dumb 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

14 minutes ago, Maddoxx said:

image.png.a6470363ab6a777bf8dc2b416e22a2e9.png

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!? | Who Are You People | Know Your Meme

Conrads been alting again!

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

Heres the thing: I don't think the problem is that we have to many battalions. The problem is that no one is playing on the server and removing a battalion would only make that problem worse.

However if we do have to remove one I think 41st and DU would be the ones to go. DU has seen almost no activity for weeks and 41st has long had a habit of turning into the minge battalion every few months (don't deny it). Last I heard 41st only ha 4 active members on their roster (idk if thats true or not).

But again: cutting ANYTHING right now in the state the server is in IS A MISTAKE. THIS IS GOING TO COME BACK TO BITE US SOONER RATHER THEN LATER @Maddoxx I URGE YOU AND OTHER DIRECTORS TO RECONSIDER

Edited by Ccmonty
  • Dumb 4
  • Bruh 2
  • Coordinator
Coordinator
9 minutes ago, Ccmonty said:

Heres the thing: I don't think the problem is that we have to many battalions. The problem is that no one is playing on the server and removing a battalion would only make that problem worse.

However if we do have to remove one I think 41st and DU would be the ones to go. DU has seen almost no activity for weeks and 41st has long had a habit of turning into the minge battalion every few months (don't deny it). Last I heard 41st only ha 4 active members on their roster (idk if thats true or not).

But again: cutting ANYTHING right now in the state the server is in IS A MISTAKE. THIS IS GOING TO COME BACK TO BITE US SOONER RATHER THEN LATER @Maddoxx I URGE YOU AND OTHER DIRECTORS TO RECONSIDER

We wouldnt be removing them entirely, it would just be locking recruitment and Bcmd apps etc etc until the server gets into a state to support that,
its not a decision we are doing 100% thats why the post was made to gauge  community feedback ,

11 minutes ago, Ccmonty said:

21 hours ago, Maddoxx said:

we are here to gauge public opinion and see how the community feels on the decision. Do you feel battalions should be looked at for closure either temporary or permanent and if so what battalion(s)?

Did you even read? People kept saying it should happen and so we created a place to see how the community feels. 

• Dumb 1

2 minutes ago, Maddoxx said:

Did you even read? People kept saying it should happen and so we created a place to see how the community feels. 

I believe this might be a communication issue in the poll itself. If you had included a none option then that might have conveyed the point better. I see people seeing the poll, feeling like they have to choose one, and moving forward with that. Just a thought. to improve communication on the issue.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

19 hours ago, Ccmonty said:

41st has long had a habit of turning into the minge battalion every few months (don't deny it)

What do you mean 212th and 501st still had more arrests than 41st ever did and that is a fact. We just knew to have fun and we never broke server rules. We knew when to stop when things were taken to far. If you look at the current arrest logs 501st, 212th, Jedi and even CG have more arrests than 41st even in the past 41st used to be top 5 at most in terms of arrests. Just because we knew when to have fun doesn't mean we were a minge battalion. 

Edited by Grief
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

ICEFUSE: SHOCK XO/BCMD Thorn | 327th XO

SYNERGY: 41ST CMD/ARCL/GCL x3 | Former BCMD Gree