Increase kyber rifle spawn ammo from 5 to 10

Conrad

Name: Conrad

RP Rank: Major/Overseer

Suggestion: Increase kyber rifle spawn ammo from 5 to 10

Implementation: Increase the amount of ammo it spawns with

Weapons: rw_sw_kyber_rifle
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Other: As one of the few people who can purchase this gun, and has used it semi regularly before the weapon resell for 100% went away the one of two thing keeping me from buying this gun is the amount of ammo that it spawns with. I'm no cheater and don't want to have to reset my character to get more ammo, but for the price tag 5 is simply not enough for a gun that only works half the time.
@Brooklyn we fight the good fight here.

• Funny 2
  • Winner 1
  • Dumb 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

+1 i agree. Not to mention the disintegration effect is gone now for some reason. 3 shots isn’t worth 800mil. Only bought it for clout

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

24 minutes ago, Conrad said:

for a gun that only works half the time.

What do you mean by this? Would it not be better to fix this issue rather than just up the ammo count? Personally I’m against an increase to 10 for a gun that’s only balance is being too close to the person wielding it or having them run out of ammo. I know it’s expensive but that doesn’t necessitate being able to just hop on BH and nuke people 10x over with it during base raids. It’s like with rocket launchers like the RPS-6 where you only get 3 shots and have the make them count. Maybe 5 or 6 would be better but 10 seems excessive IMO.

I’ll leave my vote off for now while I wait to see how drastic the issue is with it. 

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

13 minutes ago, Keegan said:

What do you mean by this? Would it not be better to fix this issue rather than just up the ammo count?

Jad has looked into this issue many many times, and no fix has come out for it. I'm trying to look for an alternative to buff it up and make it worth buying. The issue being it just sometimes doesn't kill people in the aoe, and its pretty consistently not doing this. Just today we had one out and shot it and i killed all of 1 person that was in the aoe area of a total of 3. It just doesn't work half the time. In its current state its less consistent and effective then a rocket launcher. And i've i'm looking to spend this kind of money i'd like to spend it on something better then a base class weapon.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Just wanna reference that the Kyber Rifle is worth (In Synergy Economy) about $5,333 USD. A rocket launcher can be bought in BH for either a small amount of renown which is 1 = 10k credits. Or with a couple points however they do it now. I REALLY don’t think a $5.3k weapon having 10 shots is dumb. This thing is less OP than the Lightsaber rifle and is still worth more.

Regardless of this fact, it works half the time. Has 1/20th the fire rate. DPS is a huge marginal difference with lightsaber rifle leading heavily.

Edited by Brooklyn
  • Agree 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

• Founder
Founder
1 hour ago, Brooklyn said:

+1 i agree. Not to mention the disintegration effect is gone now for some reason. 3 shots isn’t worth 800mil. Only bought it for clout

Honestly thought this was fixed in a patch that happened like 4 months ago. I'll take another look at it :pepeThink:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
17 minutes ago, Jad said:

Honestly thought this was fixed in a patch that happened like 4 months ago. I'll take another look at it :pepeThink:

I tested it yesterday and noticed it was gone. Got off before i said anything <3

+1. Doesn't affect me. Conrad and Brooklyn are always AFK anyways.

Edited by Mystic
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 2

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

If it is really that bad and cannot be fixed, I would support it being increased to 10. But don’t be too much of a menace! 👍

:redblush:

• Optimistic 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

-1 could always make it so that you could buy ammo, however make it so if they want more rounds they most spend a lot. 

Edited by KillJoy
  • Dumb 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

21 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

I REALLY don’t think a $5.3k weapon having 10 shots is dumb

maybe don't waste 5k on an immaginary star wars gun? you bought it knowing it behaved like this, no? your choice was your choice

of the community doesn't want an insanely, like actually unbelievably, OP weapon to be buffed even more. That's how it's gonna go, you wasting your own money isn't a reason we should care

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 4
  • Winner 1
  • Confused 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

4 hours ago, Comics said:

maybe don't waste 5k on an immaginary star wars gun? you bought it knowing it behaved like this, no? your choice was your choice

of the community doesn't want an insanely, like actually unbelievably, OP weapon to be buffed even more. That's how it's gonna go, you wasting your own money isn't a reason we should care

It doesnt work the same as when i initially had it. Not to meantion currently it doesnt land the hits all the time. And the hitbox registration is fucked up. Its not buffed or OP. Its a reskinned rocket launcher. It does have its downside though. Force reflect can stop it, unlike an RPS

• Informative 1

-1 Cope. The ability to have what is essentially a rocket launcher on every character is enough to make it OP. I dont see why we should be giving more to the ~2 ppl who even have this anyway. I don't understand why there isn't more cosmetic / utility things exclusively on the store. 

• Agree 3

spacer.png

-1 I'm personally not a fan of 1 hit weapons. Put in the hands of the wrong person and they kill events.

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

11 hours ago, Taz said:

+1 make it as strong as possible so people have incentive to get on and AFK for 18 hours and/or drop $300 on credits.

try $3000

• Agree 1

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti

43 minutes ago, Mystic said:

try $3000

Try $5,340

9,000,000 (x89) - $60 (x89)
 - (796,000,000 - $5340)

You can get 4 mil from sub, but you'd still have to buy 89 packages (assuming you start at 0) to get to 800,000,000 anyways

If you've spent 5.34k on credits for a gun, or played long enough and scammed enough kyber crystals to buy this gun, you deserve the shame of only having 3 shots.

Edited by Lovestruck
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Dumb 1

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

Just now, Lovestruck said:

Try $5,350

9,000,000 (x89) - $60 (x89)
 - (796,000,000 - $5340)

You can get 4 mil from sub, but you'd still have to buy 89 packages (assuming you start at 0) to get to 800,000,000 anyways

If you've spent 5.35k on credits for a gun, or played long enough and scammed enough kyber crystals to buy this gun, you deserve the shame of only having 3 shots.

i know the cost. I was saying 3k because usually someone who wants the Kyber Rifle has a hefty chunk saved up... plus 5k didnt fit the joke you just ruined...

I never liked the fact that some weapons have limited ammo like this. I think it'd be really cool if there was spawnable ammo for non-bullet guns. As long as the price is in line with the power of the gun, it shouldn't be an issue. I'd be willing to shell 30-50k per rocket, I don't see why the richest players on the server wouldn't pay 50-100k per round

• Agree 2

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.