[ACCEPTED] CWRP - Clutch's Staff Re-Application x2

Clutch

RP Name: 21stSO SUPL CPT Spark

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:239387446

VIP (Y/N): Yes and Sub

Timezone: EST

What was your previous staff rank?: Senior Admin

Are you currently staff on a different server?: No

Why did you leave the staff team?: I was focused on Jedi at the time and wanted to focus on the Jedi Order and didn't have time to do staff.

Why do you want to rejoin the staff team? (3 sentence minimum): One reason I wish to become staff again is because I would like to be able to host trainings and events for my battalion. Another reason I would like to join staff is to be able to help with late night staff duties as most of my active hours recently have been later in the night and there a lack of staff later in the night. Finally the last reason I wish to join staff is because I have a lot of good ideas for events that I am able to express my creativity and I am looking forward to hosting them if I were to get staff again along with doing game helps and getting myself more involved in the community.

How do you feel your previous time as a staff member went? (3 sentence minimum): I feel my previous staff term went well I was Senior Admin and was an active game master and enjoyed hosting events. My last term I also made a lot of dupes for Jedi. During my last time as staff I was staff for a couple of months and was able to keep my rank without getting any talks from head admin team at the time so I say I was doing a good job. Finally my last term was my favorite time in staff from the few times I've been staff which meant I enjoyed what I did and I've heard good things from the current staff team so I think I would be motivated to do good work if I get staff currently.

Do you understand by re-applying to get your previous rank back that you will be tested on your knowledge of the server rules and practices?: Yes

If you are reapplying for the rank of SA, you are aware that applying will opt you in to becoming a Game Master? (Failure to opt in to GM will drop you down to the rank of Admin): Yes

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

+1. Clutch has improved his demeanor and isn't the same person who was staffed a year ago. It was such a blast when he joined the 21st. He has made a new name for himself rising through the ranks and pulling the 21st SUP department out of retirement and has put forth a lot of good to people around the server hosting trainings. He would be an amazing addition to staff since he knows what he’s doing and gets along great with people. I’ll say it again Huge +1 to Clutch, He has a lot to offer the community in terms of event ideas and entertainment later at night 

• Agree 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Has anything at all changed from this last staff app? It's been exactly a month and you haven't talked about anything that was put in the comments of your last app. For context;
unknown.png

unknown.png

I really don't understand what the thought process is here. If you got 10 -1's and were denied on the same date that you put up the last app, what has changed in the past month to make you think it would be magically fine ~30 days later? 

Still a huge -1 from me. If you have something that would make up for blatant homophobia and transphobia, or even a single sentence saying that you've improved as a person, I'd love to hear it.

• Informative 4
  • Dumb 3

GMD HA / Guild LT / Dev. Assistant Mavelle 
unknown-8.png

5 minutes ago, Spieler said:

Has anything at all changed from this last staff app? It's been exactly a month and you haven't talked about anything that was put in the comments of your last app. For context;
unknown.png

unknown.png

I really don't understand what the thought process is here. If you got 10 -1's and were denied on the same date that you put up the last app, what has changed in the past month to make you think it would be magically fine ~30 days later? 

Still a huge -1 from me. If you have something that would make up for blatant homophobia and transphobia, or even a single sentence saying that you've improved as a person, I'd love to hear it.

Yeah, it has changed. Clutch deleted the channel. He's stated multiple times that he made that shit a long ass time ago. People do dumb shit and correct for it. 

Yes, one month ago he got denied from staff. Clutch spent ages as a staff member and I remember being an SA along with him. Clutch wants to return to staff for the reasons I put in my +1. He likes making events and has a decent track record at making good events. He constantly offers his advice to the staff in 21st that are struggling or where they can improve. I guarantee you if any staff member asked Clutch for help they would benefit. He wont change their lives or anything but Clutch is a very solid dude and keep it real.

How long do you want to waive that in his face. In your opinion, what's the proper time that Clutch should spend away from staff from a stupid ass TeamSpeak channel? 2 months? 6 months? What's the appropriate amount of time for you?

• Funny 1
  • Dumb 1

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

7 minutes ago, TheCyan said:

Yeah, it has changed. Clutch deleted the channel. He's stated multiple times that he made that shit a long ass time ago. People do dumb shit and correct for it. 

Yes, one month ago he got denied from staff. Clutch spent ages as a staff member and I remember being an SA along with him. Clutch wants to return to staff for the reasons I put in my +1. He likes making events and has a decent track record at making good events. He constantly offers his advice to the staff in 21st that are struggling or where they can improve. I guarantee you if any staff member asked Clutch for help they would benefit. He wont change their lives or anything but Clutch is a very solid dude and keep it real.

How long do you want to waive that in his face. In your opinion, what's the proper time that Clutch should spend away from staff from a stupid ass TeamSpeak channel? 2 months? 6 months? What's the appropriate amount of time for you?

This has nothing to do with "waiving it in his face." It has everything to do with pointing out the fact that he put transphobic and homophobic comments in a TS channel, and then:
1. Complained when confronted about it
2. Didn't change it himself. It was only changed after a liaison got involved.

The screenshot of the discord text clearly shows that he has no remorse for his actions, and in-fact is more annoyed that he had to deal with anything rather than feeling sorry about his actions. This kind of behavior and actions don't belong in the community, let alone anywhere near staff. I'm glad Clutch can do good in 21st, but I can't support this in any way, shape, or form. I don't care about how long he spends away from staff. I only care about seeing that he's improved. If he would respond to what he did and show any bit of remorse PUBLICLY, I'd love to open my mind up. Until then, still, it's a -1 from me. 

Edited by Spieler
  • Winner 1

unknown-8.png

38 minutes ago, Spieler said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

I'm sorry, The channel description shown was from a different time on the server, it was all jokes back then, i took a year or so break and came back to never use the channel. It wasnt something that crossed my mind or was ever brought to my attention. Gradually it collected dust until it was noticed and brought about to a Liason. At which point i remembered and regretted it. It was merely a joke in a different time. Something i wrote on the internet doesn't define me as a person and doesn't define me or my beliefs. I am well aware of the society we live in now and you won't see one of these slipups from me as an admin. I know it wont change your outlook, or your vote. I just felt the need to explain to people and publicly apologize to myself and the people around me. I was clearly angry in my response to you on discord. I'll apologize for that too. What youre doing though is gatekeeping my entry to prove my sincerity. I appreciate your need to warn people about who they're +/-1ing i just want to be able to show my worth to the community i spent 9000+ hours with.

Edited by Clutch
Rewording
  • Informative 1
  • Optimistic 1
  • Dumb 1

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

1 minute ago, Clutch said:

What youre doing though is gatekeeping my entry to prove my sincerity

I personally don't care at all about the fact that it's you specifically applying for staff. I care about making sure people in the community feel safe and welcomed, no matter their upbringing or anything else about them, especially something like their sexuality or gender. Letting someone who is openly unregretful of their actions into a position of power on the server is the opposite of that.

4 minutes ago, Clutch said:

At which point i remembered and regretted it.

4 minutes ago, Clutch said:

I was clearly angry in my response to you on discord. I'll apologize for that too.

I appreciate that you're apologizing for it finally, but the discord message just doesn't even slightly line up with any bit of regret. I may be wrong, but even if your discord response came from you at a time of anger, it shows no remorse or regret. The fact that you're also willing to point this onto me as gatekeeping makes me think even more like you don't feel bad. You don't prove your sincerity by spamming events on the server, you prove your sincerity by showing that you've changed and owning up for your wrongs.

7 minutes ago, Clutch said:

I am well aware of the society we live in now and you won't see one of these slipups from me as an admin.

Finally, this ain't it. This piece really just screams, "I'm not wrong, I just made a mistake by speaking my mind too much". You phrasing the situation as a "slipup" is a giant red flag in my mind.

I'm glad that you're responding, but I just can't support this. I really do hope that you can prove me wrong by showing that you've changed for the better. Until then, -1.

• Winner 1

unknown-8.png

6 hours ago, Clutch said:

Yes and Sub

You’re a dom bro don’t put yourself down ✊🏽

I usually don’t like to comment on previous cases I’ve worked with on the server but I make it very clear that no matter what has been done in the past the thing that keeps our server maintained and fun is members of our community volunteering to become members of the staff team.

Has he done some dumb shit and said some dumb shit? Yes, but so have I and the rest of the community. Life moves on, political choices change, and so does the way we express ourselves.

+1, good luck.

• Funny 1

+1 if someone like me can not only get Senior Admin but Executive Officer in a battalion im pretty sure we can let Clutch into staff

in all seriousness tho clutch is one of the hardest workers ive seen in a while and all he wants to do is amend his loses and fix the past through good work so give my guy a little chance

the Darman Keller guy

+1 from me, things happen in our past that I am sure everyone at some point regrets. I have plenty of things I wish I could go back and change myself however, the past is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present. Focus now on being a positive force on the server that I know deep down you truly are. 

• Winner 1
2 minutes ago, Tomm said:

+1 from me, things happen in our past that I am sure everyone at some point regrets. I have plenty of things I wish I could go back and change myself however, the past is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present. Focus now on being a positive force on the server that I know deep down you truly are. 

Didn't expect life advice in a staff app, +1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

+1

No matter what has happened in the past I still believe clutch has the ability to be an outstanding staff member. Yes, shit has been said in the past but when are people gonna let others move on from their wrong doings. My guy has done a lot for the battalions hes been apart of, and he has the maturity and leadership to take a staff position if given a chance.

Doom the Boom

+1 my boy

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1 Personally, that whole scenario that everyone keeps bringing was a bit of a mess, however, I dont hold past actions against someone who is actively trying to fix it. 

I think Clutch deserves a shot at Staff, because if we are to go off of past actions, clutch did a hell of a lot for 41st back in the day. 

Hopefully He'll prove people wrong. 

Former: Liaison

You have been ACCEPTED for an interview!

Please contact a Veteran Admin+ to organise your interview!

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO STAFF APPLICATIONS - PENDING

Congratulations! You have been ACCEPTED into the CWRP staff team!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO STAFF APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

• Optimistic 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...