Willy's Mas Amedda Application

Willyworm1

Steam Name: Willyworm1

RP Name: Lux Bonteri

RP Rank: Senator (Captain)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:88673790

Experience: 

I will make this briefer than I have in the past, but if you’d like to see a more detailed version, you can look at my past applications :)

327th PVT-BCMD
I started out in the 327th and helped quite a bit with many of the areas within it. I worked under a number of Blys until my term. During my time in 327th I had a lot of fun and did many things for the members as well as for members in other battalions, such as giving advice on things others could improve on and doing joint trainings, It was my favorite time in synergy and it helped me learn how things work around here.

Staff SA/GM
During my time as a GM and SA I made a number of events, as one would, in order to entertain the server. Overall my rating average was decent, but I resigned from GM and staff because of the length of my LOA, Though I may return to it eventually.

Senate
I have been in the senate twice, both times as Lux Bonteri, and I can honestly say that I feel like I have had more that I can and need to do as a senator than the first time, I’ve held selections, done political RP, I’ve wrote, voted on, and passed a number of bills in the senate to improve the RP, and I have led a committee with various members that have passed through during their stay in the senate.

Dooms Unit LTC-CMD, 2LT-XO
After 327th was removed, I sought a new battalion to call home. I joined DU on the recommendations of a few of the current legacy members in DU and proved my value to Trixx and Dennis. I helped recruit, train, and teach a number of members on the server about various things before I took a massive LOA. I returned as a 2LT right before Slak became Doom. I started working through the officer ranks and around the middle of Slaks term he made me his XO. Now I have served as an XO for 3 Dooms in total, and led Dooms unit during the two waiting periods for a new doom, now starting the third.

Why should you become Mas Amedda?:

This is not my first time in the senate, and it very likely won’t be my last, as such I feel that I represent the best successor to Jovanovic and the right person to continue his work and include new goals to the senate. Out of the current senators, I feel that they are all good players, but a number of them are still, by all accounts, new senators, having at the most just barely more than a month in the role and at the least having barely more than a week in the role. The only exception to this would be Deku and I have a strong feeling that he does not want to step down from marshal commander to be Mas Amedda.

Now apart from me being a good option in the regard previously stated, I also have been working with Jovanovic long enough that I know the ins and outs of the senate currently, I know how the server sees it, I know the servers general opinion on each specific senator, and I know how to use this position to increase the senate's prestige, all that is needed apart from that is senators that will follow me towards the goals we wish to achieve.

Do you understand the lore of the Galactic senate?: I do

Availability:

I can usually be on anywhere from 3-9 hours a day not including the odd day that I take off to recharge. I would normally give a more specific schedule, but my schedule has been rotating quite a bit. My most normal time frames include:

10 am - 6 pm CST

3 pm - 11 pm CST

10 am - 3 pm CST

7 / 8 am - 3 pm CST

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:

Senator Lux Bonteri x2

Senior Senator

BCMD Bly

327th MEDO

327th XO A’den

Game Master

Senior Admin

Doom’s Unit CMD x2

Doom’s Unit XO (for 3 different Dooms)

What do you feel the role of the Mas Amedda is?:

I know that the role of Mas Amedda is to lead the senate in its endeavors, both on the server and behind the scenes. As the leader of the senate on the server, he sets the agenda and does his best to keep the activity, relations, and work ethic high. Mas Amedda decides who his go to senators are that can deal with problems and assist him in any way he needs, especially while he is not around. In lore on the other hand, he is the Chancellor's right hand man and as such plays a vital role in the work with the rest of the Galactic Republic. As well, since he is a regimental commander equivalent, his role is to support the server by giving people advice when they want it and to help make sure issues that are presented are being met. In my opinion, since he does not have battalions under him, he can act as a floater to offer additional help and support where it is needed.

Now that the senate commandos are more closely involved with the senate on the server, his role is to ensure the relations with the senate commandos and the rest of the server is stable. His job is paradoxical in that it's a straightforward one but also difficult and precarious in certain ways, as the senate is a fragile thing on the server in terms of the relations and requires strength to hold it together.

Lastly, I would say that the role of Mas Amedda is to provide everyone with the ability to RP with the senate and give everyone a good experience. This would not only include ensuring activity, but also creating more opportunity outside of server RP.

Do you have a microphone?: I do

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: I do

How do you plan to improve relations between the senate and the server?:

The answer to relations is a difficult one, because the smallest things can cause relations to plummet. So I would continue the work we are currently doing:

1. Working with the BH and the contract system to bring less innate hostility between the republic and the guild. This can only be done by offering more opportunities and missions/rp for the hunters in order to give them an actual investment in the GAR for RP sake.

2. Work closer with the navy and it’s admiralty via supplies and administrative work. There are projects underway with the navy that the senate would be very happy to support and assist in as needed.

3. Improve the Military oversight committee to reestablish communication with all the battalions (Which is probably in the most dire need of attention at the moment). 

The big thing would be creating more RP scenarios and events specific to battalions in order to allow them to work with the senate more, and give them more of a voice for the senate by reworking the liaisons system that was scrapped. We definitely need to improve the communication and working relation with the Jedi, one way I believe would work is by including them with the senate ethics committee since the military oversight committee works with battalions, since these jobs closely follow the RP beliefs of the order.

Overall, the best way to improve these relations are by including all the other factions in our work and making sure that we are here to support them and improve their RP

Do you understand that your position has a three month term?: I do

Edited by Willyworm1
  • Winner 1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

+1 Well, Well, Well. Looks like it's horny time for you now.

• Funny 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

I'm sure you'll do a great job as mas, but I'll be honest this is another scenario where I don't like that this position is a regimental equivalent. Going from just being a senator to having equivalent to Yoda just doesn't feel right to me.

If this was just the person in control of the 8 senators you get a whole hearted+1, but with the regimental equivalency I'm giving you a very hesitant +1 instead. Good luck in the position but please don't overstep just because you have the power to do stuff, act reserved and get a feel for the role before you dive head first into the helping others part that you mention in your app.

• Winner 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Plus one. 

From my interactions with Willy as a Senator when I was in CG he engages with the community and the battalion very well. He clearly has the passion and commitment for the role and I believe he will portray the role incredibly.

Edited by Voidio
  • Friendly 1

I will +1 as I believe Willy would do a good job but personally I side with Conrad. Mas Amedda should not in anyway be a regimental commander equivalent. Also I believe senate is a very awkward thing on the server and honestly I really don’t enjoy the RP that the senate puts out. Most of the time it’s just “Oh look I got kidnapped, come save me” or “I need some troopers for a supply mission” it gets stale very fast and I know that you said you wanted to work on the RP but that’s something you can do already. Anyways enough ranting from me, good luck! 

• Friendly 1
On 8/7/2021 at 5:23 PM, Conrad said:

I'm sure you'll do a great job as mas, but I'll be honest this is another scenario where I don't like that this position is a regimental equivalent. Going from just being a senator to having equivalent to Yoda just doesn't feel right to me.

If this was just the person in control of the 8 senators you get a whole hearted+1, but with the regimental equivalency I'm giving you a very hesitant +1 instead. Good luck in the position but please don't overstep just because you have the power to do stuff, act reserved and get a feel for the role before you dive head first into the helping others part that you mention in your app.

3 minutes ago, Luther said:

I will +1 as I believe Willy would do a good job but personally I side with Conrad. Mas Amedda should not in anyway be a regimental commander equivalent. Also I believe senate is a very awkward thing on the server and honestly I really don’t enjoy the RP that the senate puts out. Most of the time it’s just “Oh look I got kidnapped, come save me” or “I need some troopers for a supply mission” it gets stale very fast and I know that you said you wanted to work on the RP but that’s something you can do already. Anyways enough ranting from me, good luck! 

If you guys dislike Mas having RCMD perms feel free to either make a suggestion about it or talk with the @ Directorabout possibly changing it.
Leaving this here for anyone else with similar sentiments about the position

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management