Animated Profile Avatars

Name: Clutch

Suggestion: Allow Animated/Gif profiles avatars on basic forum accounts.

Why should we implement this? I feel that it is more visually pleasing along with the fact that Head Admin+ and retried Staff can have it so why shouldn't everyone else?

How will this improve the Forums? I think people could express themselves more on the forms and add a bit more personality to their profile.

Edited by Clutch
Fixing Spelling Errors.
  • Agree 4

f4c120298be4761d4e0c32a9b9011a74bc36ec87

• Clutch changed the title to Animated Profile Avatars

+1 

spacer.png

Former: 212th SPCCG HVY CPL, 21stSO ARFL CPL-XOWolfpack JTL Boost 2ndLT-LTC, 2ndAC 2ndLT, Rancor 2ndLT, Synergy Intel, TGM Padawan, SA/GM/TRO, BH.                                                                                   Current: Retired, vibin’

3 hours ago, BigZach said:

+1 swingingballs.gif

+1 techdeck.gif 

332nd CT-0292 Colonel "Vaughn" | First and Only Medal of Maxwells Recipient

+1 swag bitch

yuh everyone should have the option

(dont ask how I already have one :D)

Edited by Guac

𝐑𝐂-𝟑𝟐𝟐𝟐 "𝐀𝐭𝐢𝐧" | 𝐆𝐮𝐚𝐜 | 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬

I'd be happy to allow it, but be aware that mobile clients will take a much longer time to load each thread, and depending on how the service we use implemented caching it could lead to longer load times even on a normal we browser. 

@Forseen

• Informative 2
50 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Oh boy, animted cringe anime girls for boys as their pfp instead of just stationary cringe anime girls.

+1

If i had that meme of “dumb people buying discord nitro to make their anime pfp blink” id link it. But I’m on school iPad. And school iPads are dumb. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

332nd CT-0292 Colonel "Vaughn" | First and Only Medal of Maxwells Recipient

*Darkk has entered the chat* 

*Cyan has entered the chat* 

Femboys unite. 

+1 but god the anime pfp are gonna be so dumb and make me question the sanity of some people. 

+1 

Time for my JoJo gif

Edited by Slak
  • Agree 1

Former: 187th Support Overseer Captain, SO ARCO Major, Commander Faie / 41stGC ARCL / 41stGC REGL, Guild Cabinet Member, 21stSCO eARCL WO, HS Crush, 1LT MEDL Aven, Commander Tiplee, SA/VA/TRM, Commander DoomLast Gregor, First Engle Current: Freedom from GMOD

d1f7c9034534838c17b6757ff9b5d99c.png

• Founder

I'm going to tag everyone that's currently voted to ensure they see this and can re-evaluate their votes should they choose to do so.

@Marvel @Aeon @Black @Dinaric @BigZach @Taz @Bleach @Conrad @Guac @Arizona @Tinovious @Neptune @Slak @Finn @Deathtiger @maverIck

This is just a reminder that this has been suggested before and denied by the old Founders.

On 7/14/2018 at 7:43 PM, Joah said:

No, It causes performance issues. It also can cause a Cache overflow.

This is something we can test out if everyone wants it, however it could cause a forums crash that may require us to do a massive cache clear again, causing the loss of a lot of things on the forums.

• Informative 1

Tbh if its going to cause such a big issue for the fourms its just not worth going through the trouble so some femboys can have their anime girlfriends come to life for a few seconds. ill change my vote to a -1

Edited by Arizona

updating to -1 after reading forseen's post.

"If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more. If you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough."