Harsh

Steam Name: [SR] Harsh

RP Name: TR HS REGL CMD Harsh

RP Rank: Commander

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:167592505

Battalion or Squad you are applying for: Doom’s Unit

Experience:

212th (PVT - CPT)

The 212th was the first battalion I joined on the server, and the only group outside of Null that I have committed to as a server member over the past two years. I started where everyone does, a fresh-faced private with no clue what CWRP was. I learned quickly, and started climbing the ranks to become a Junior NCO and a 2ndAC Medic (eventually becoming MED lead). After a while, I moved through the ranks as a Senior NCO, joining the elite Ghost Company and serving as Longshot. I was soon promoted to Warrant Officer, and did as much as I could with the position (pushing the NCOs to tryout, promoting passive RP, and hosting regular entertainment for the battalion). My WO term ended with my promotion to 1st Lieutenant and to the position of Boil and Ghost Company Officer. I was promoted to Captain around 2 weeks later, and applied and received the role of Support Overseer (overseeing MED, ENG, and HVY) that I would hold until my resignation around a month later due to school. 3 weeks into being a CPT, I applied for the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi, thus freezing my rank until my resignation. 

Jedi (Youngling to Master)

Approximately a week after I joined the server for the first time, I purchased VIP. I really wanted to try RPing as a Jedi, and I knew as soon I started playing on Synergy that I was falling in love with the server. 

I quickly moved up from padawan to Knight, and passed Shadow trials one late night in May. I soon started working as hard as I could to achieve the rank of master. To do so, I hosted more than 30 trials in a month for the Shadow branch. I also managed to reach the role of Shadow Manager Lead and then GateKeeper (Sentinel branch second in command). As SHML, I created a Shadow handbook to guide newer members through their journey as a Shadow. As Gatekeeper, I ensured that trials for the Sentinel and Shadow sub branches were up to par and being held regularly. 

For my work in the Shadow branch, I was nominated and passed into the master role. I then applied for Ki Adi Mundi, and served a month and a half in the position.  During that time, I built 4 distinct tryouts for each class of 21st Jedi (Nova Corps, GM, KU, and SO). I soon transferred from the position into the position of Obi Wan Kenobi for around two weeks, where I collaborated closely with Cabrera (the next Kenobi) to build GC, Foxtrot, 2ndAC, and 212th Jedi Trials. My journey as a Jedi Master taught me a lot about leading from a command position and what it is like to be in a high command position for a large battalion. It also helped shape the same work ethic and high effort mentality that I apply to everything I do on the server today. 

Null Squad Jaing Skirata

For around 2 weeks in April, I attended and failed around 30 rounds of Null tryouts. I finally passed on the overall round 42, becoming the first person to pass. Being a Null member for the past 7 weeks has been a truly amazing experience. Porch (Kal) taught me a lot about GMOD mechanics and helped me push myself to become a better player, leader, and all around person. As Jaing, I made it my goal to contribute to the Null squad becoming the best squad it could.

To execute that goal, I set up a large number of outreach trainings for the specialized regiment battalions (at the time our designated outreach) and worked with their HCs and down consistently for a month to help them with the issues they saw with their battalions. These trainings consisted of regular PvE and PvP trainings, trainings oriented around specific issues like battle comms, and the Null drills that all of us Nulls hosted together. 

Part of making Null a better squad overall was creating an initiative to fill our squad and ensure that our squad members are the best they can be. I constantly pushed for us to do tryouts (as much as possible) and regularly requested that my fellow Null members train the very same PvP and PvE skills we taught. After all, practice makes perfect, and perfect is the kind of image I wanted us to have for the server. It should go without saying that I also helped with as many rounds of tryouts as I could. 

Playing Jaing was a dream from an RP perspective. I finally had an actual character to emulate, and did my best to promote passive RP server wide by ensuring that I exemplified my character’s traits as much as I possibly could (e.g. being absolutely brutal during interrogations). I also ensured that I remained a good role model for the server; I have never been arrested and have always presented professional behavior both inside and outside of the game. 

Null Squad Kal Skirata

I’d like to preface this section with the fact that I was only Kal for a short 4 day period. I still wear this accomplishment proudly on the server, and consider it one of the best things (removal and all) that happened to me on the server. To clarify why I was removed, I had spoken out improperly in a legacy channel for a battalion I had previously been a part of. I did not follow the rules for the channel, and when I was told to cease discussion, I very stupidly did not do so. I have already privately cleared things up with all involved parties, and have since learned from my mistakes. If you’d like more details or further explanation, I will endeavor to provide it via dms. 

I didn’t have much time to execute the various plans I wanted to as Kal, but I still see obtaining the position as an accolade and wanted to briefly mention it here. 

Doom’s Unit (PVT - CMD)

I came back to Synergy approximately 4 to 5 months after my removal. I had worked extensively with DU as their outreach as Jaing, and noticed that the battalion had been hit hard recently by the exodus of a number of higher ups. I decided to give the battalion a shot, and went to the tryouts. 

I started out as a private back when our HC consisted of Slak (Jedi Lead) and Po (commander). I quickly moved through the enlisted ranks, and started to prove my worth as an NCO. Because of the state of the battalion at the time, virtually every member was an NCO - we had maybe two junior officers, a single senior officer, and a handful of others I’ve forgotten about already. I applied for and received the position of ARFL shortly after becoming a SGT. I had noticed that ARF was dead in the battalion (there wasn’t even a tryout!) and wanted to revive the branch. It took me a week after consulting with certain 41st members to build a tryout and training that are still used today. 

Slak soon applied for Doom, and from my outstanding work in the battalion as an NCO (recruiting, hosting trainings, leading, etc.), I was quickly promoted from SSG → Warrant Officer. 

I only served a 1 week term as Warrant Officer. The reason I was only able to stay for one term was because I was, at the time, studying for the MCAT. For those who are unfamiliar, the MCAT is the Medical College Admissions Test, and is considered one of the toughest graduate-level exams out there. 

My test was a month and a half out when I got WO, and I realized a week later that I desperately needed to focus all of my mental resources on my IRL situation. As such, I put in a one month LOA. Despite my short term, I was given a promotion to the rank of 1stLT. I was told that I did outstanding work over the short duration of my term, and was deserving of the promotion. I was also used as a model WO for future WOs in the battalion, and mentored each of them up to our most recent one (Flip). 

After returning from my LOA, I was given the opportunity to hold the position of REGL. DU high command (now consisting of Flytape, Willy, and Slak) had determined that I was both trustworthy and hard-working enough to hold the position and succeed with it. As REGL, I created a server suggestion to add a JT regiment to DU, something myself and many other DU members desperately wanted. I also asked after and received a much needed discord and rank restructure, adding in the positions of ATKO and SFO to help the REGL oversee the many branches. Finally, I implemented a new training roster to log training from each branch, and created a minimum training requirement for each branch.

My work as REGL did not go unnoticed. I was moved from 1stLT to MAJ a short time afterwards. I used this new responsibility to increase disciplinary standards in the battalion, enforcing comms discipline and PTS in every scenario out of game. I also enforced seriousness in game, cracking down on any potential mingery as soon as possible. Some things did slip under my radar, but I am proud of what I accomplished as a MAJ. I also managed to continue good work as REGL, creating a thriving regimental structure with almost all positions in the structure filled. 

A week or so ago, I was promoted from MAJ to CMD. This promotion came with increased responsibility, and I have taken it upon myself to maintain the principles of professionalism, maturity, and seriousness in game as much as possible (both for myself and others). My time as a CMD has proven short, but I have learned a lot about the inner workings of battalion high command during this period. I have continued my work as REGL, and already have a suitable person picked out to replace me should I be graced with the responsibility of the BCMD position. 

Why should you become a battalion commander?

I am incredibly dedicated to my battalion. There have been points during my tenure as a DU trooper where I have questioned my place in the battalion, but I am absolutely confident that I belong with DU and that I will do good for the battalion. 

I also have the leadership skills necessary for the role of BCMD. I am not afraid to discipline my troops, and I know how to do so politely (after all, this is a game). I endeavor to be as professional as possible in every interaction I have both in and out of game, and I make it a policy to never personally attack someone. I will provide criticism or feedback, but my goal has and always will be to foster a safe and comfortable environment for everyone I interact with. 

I have good judgement, and I am mature enough and humble enough to admit when I am wrong. I know that everyone I work with is comfortable enough to come to me with problems, without having to fear punishment. 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?

Yes.

Availability: 

In Game: Every day 10 P.M. EST - 1:30 A.M. EST

Out of Game (Discord, mainly): 10:00 A.M. EST - 1:30 A.M. EST

I’d like to pre-emptively address my activity here. Outside of my LOA (explained above in “Experiences”) I have only missed one day of being on the server for at least 2 hours. This was due to a physics exam that stretched late into the evening. Outside of that, for the approximately 60 days I have been active inside of DU, I have shown up every day for an average of 3-4 hours of active playtime. This is not counting my out-of-game contributions, which are sizable as well. 

Yes, I do play late at night. Many of my battalion’s members play late at night. We still manage to maintain a sizable presence on the server throughout the day as well. To help manage the battalion in game while I am not there to do so myself, I will be appointing a full command staff (3 commanders and our 1 XO) that spreads across all active time zones, with an emphasis on prime time. I already have eligible members in mind. These people are people I trust enough to deal with any issue that crops up. Should something especially grave occur, they will contact me out of game and I will do my best to deal with whatever has happened. 

No one who plays this game should play it like it is real life. Real life should always come before RP. Unfortunately, my real life considerations prevent me from being online earlier. I don’t see this as a huge problem - a number of past leadership in equivalent positions and higher positions than this one have been in the same situation. They have all succeeded, and I have absolute confidence in myself that I can do the same. 

Estimate of how long you’ve played on the server?

Over 3237 hours. 

Do you have a microphone?

Yes.

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?

Professionalism: This is probably at the top of almost every BCMD application out there, but it still needs to be said. I place professionalism as the most valuable trait a player of this game can have. Professionalism means refraining from breaking character in game, never making others feel demeaned or less worthy with your comments, always showing maturity in every situation, and taking the time to consider every view before you make a decision. DU has improved greatly in terms of professionalism over the past few months under Slak’s leadership. I feel that I can continue to improve our professionalism with a BCMD term. 

Openness: The biggest problems I have seen with the battalion recently have resulted from a lack of openness between conflicting members. As I mentioned earlier, I consider myself to be an approachable and fair leader. I want everyone in my battalion to be unafraid of coming to me with problems, and I know that this has not been a problem with me so far in my CMD position. To increase openness, I will continue to use the newly minted DU high command problem reporting form. This will utilize an open forum communication style, allowing people to anonymously submit complaints if they would like to. 

Another solution I will implement will be increasing use of Chain of Command, and following CoC to the “t.” By regularly checking in with my SNCOs, Junior Officers and Senior Officers, I will be able to catch more problems that might have otherwise slipped past me. This is a virtue of people being more willing to talk to others in lower positions rather than higher to avoid punishment. Hopefully, increasing check-ins with lower ranks in the battalion will allow fewer problems to escape under my radar. 

A Well-Balanced Battalion: At the end of my term, I want my battalion to have a solid base of capable and promising NCOs, a smaller yet still impactful group of Junior Officers, a number of Senior Officers, and a full command staff. To achieve this, I will immediately begin by filling my command positions with people I trust (there are a number of these who are deserving and haven’t been recognized for their work). The lower ranks will also rise somewhat before stabilizing as a result. My next initiative will be to push all along each rank for recruitment. This will tie into the next section, but we have really slacked off recently with recruitment. I have always said this and will always say this, but the NCOs are the backbone of any battalion. I will incentivize recruitment and get more NCOs in. I will push my officers to be responsible and do what’s best for the battalion by pushing the NCOs to work better and more efficiently. 

From a regimental perspective, I will be actively mentoring the new REGL with ideas on how to rebuild our regiments. There are a number of promising candidates in each branch that I am sure will do amazing work if given the opportunity to. 

Overhaul of the NCO and Officer Requirements: The NCO requirements are brutal. This has been brought up many times and is finally being changed by DU High Command. I want to completely overhaul the requirements system and put a much larger emphasis on recruitment. I truly believe that the most important thing an NCO does is recruitment. As such, I will be reworking the NCO requirements to reflect recruitment heavily. I will also increase the TIG requirement for every rank, but I will make it so that, with 1 DU HC confirmation, an NCO can be promoted out of TIG (and without requirements complete) if they are considered to be doing good work. To summarize, I will decrease requirements and increase TIG, but give NCOs the ability to be promoted by being active, responsible, mature, and hard-working in game. 

No system will be perfect. It is for this very reason that I am introducing some measure of subjectivity into the promotion process. This way, NCOs will have more incentive to do their job and excel. 

I will do something with officer requirements. The TIG will increase, but requirements come second to actual work done in the battalion. Being an officer is not about shadowing recruitments or mentoring trainings (though these are a part of the job). Being an officer is more about being responsible and being a leader - nebulous ideas that cannot be adequately reflected in a checklist on the roster. I may even do away entirely with Officer requirements and implement a TIG based system like in other battalions. I will want to see how this first change goes, and will also want to get the opinions of my High Command members. 

Discipline: I will be enforcing the utmost of discipline while in-game and in-RP scenarios. My officers and I will enforce the normal things (battle comms and PTS) with punishment if necessary. I want to make sure, however, that we are riding the fine line of not giving too harsh of a punishment for small lapses in judgement. As such, I will be revising the discipline handbook with DU high command and adjusting it to better fit the ideals of our battalion. 

Inter-Battalion Relations: Our relations with other battalions are in a relatively good place at the moment. We have a solid relationship with 212th and CG, but have not had much of a chance to branch out and interact as much with the other battalions on the server. Our officer requirement currently have a small join training section. I feel that increasing this joint training section (while decreasing other sections like recruitment shadowing and event mentoring to compensate) could help increase the number of joint trainings we hold. 

Additionally, I would like to "beta test" a Joint Training role system. I am thinking that this could fall under the duties of the Infrastructure commander in our current command structure. We would have Joint Training dedicated officers/SNCOs that are required to host a certain number of Joint Trainings each week (perhaps 1 to 2 a week). These individuals would be rewarded both monetarily (with credits) and with further scrutiny from High Command for promotion. Should this system not work well, I will remove it and turn to plan B, which would be incentivizing joint trainings through a monetary incentive (credits) for the most joint training work done by a single person in the battalion. Another potential solution I would like to test is creating a requirement for Senior Officers to host a certain number of joint trainings each week - SOs currently lack any requirements, and this could help them stay busy. 
Again, these are just potential solutions I would like to test. I firmly believe that, until something is tried in the current environment, it shouldn't be discarded as a possible solution. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive you will be removed from your position?

Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and that you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?

Yes 

Edited by Harsh
The last section of my plan didn't paste in for some reason.
  • Winner 2

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

+1, Harsh you've remained unbias in every decision you make and even going as far as giving PT to your friends. I think once you get in the right path and don't stray from it you will be a great BCMD. I'm not giving you a plus one because your my friend but because you've shown work for the battalion. Just try to be more active than what you are pls.

• Agree 1

+1 This is a huge plus one from me. He is extremely professional and gets the job done. He is extremely mature and handles every situation professionally. He has a lot of respect within DU, especially mine. Some of you will say he is inactive, but doesn't see all the work he does behind the scenes. He is on everyday for a few hours at least. He will have his HC to show face when he is not on the server. If you have any doubts about him, go and ask anyone from DU on there opinion about him. 

+1

Harsh totally deserves the position. He has worked non-sense hours into this battalion. He has been there for every change I have made even when the man was on LOA. He still got on to dedicate his time to the server. 

Before you start calling him Inactive, only on during late night, will not be able to support the battalion when he isn't on. Look at his application actually. He wants to help this battalion in a good way and will benefit it in long run. I talked to him 1 to 1, the current HC is designed in a way that each individual will be on at separate times. That being said it will still run as an orderly fashion.

Harsh is on every single night day by day, he is never missing a night and will live to prove that. Harsh is a very professional and mature guy. He lives up to what he states and will never state a lie.

Good luck Harsh. If you ever need anything, let me know.

Edited by Slak
Added something

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

+1.

Good luck, super nice, experienced. You’ll do great.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

From our conversation on the forums and your show that you aren't afraid of taking criticism and actually taking the time to break down what someone says and analyze it to your best of your ability shows that you not only care for your battalion but yourself. I admire that, feel you are the perfect candidate for this position. I hope you see more and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

+1

The Clover Crew Member

spacer.png

Not that 1 -1 will matter here but I would like to leave my genuine criticism about the direction DU has been taken the past 3 months.

When I was Tiplar and after I resigned, watched as the current DU CMD has changed what DU used to be. Don’t get me wrong, DU was never perfect and a lot of changes were for the better good. DU used to be an inactive, toxic, power-hungry, aggressive atmosphere. However, DU still held onto a uniqueness that made it a *different* enough option compared to other battalions. In my opinion, DU had an identity that was very different from other battalions. Now, as Slak has come into BCMD, I’ve seen many changes occur. One such change, that you yourself helped implement, was the tearing apart of the Regimental Sectir of DU. Not only had DU gained “Attack Overseer” and “Specialized Overseer (or whatever it’s called)” but DU also dropped the practice of all new recruits becoming HVYs. In y opinion, this practice was a large contributing factor that made DU a unique experience. The changes that you and Slak brought around only served to “standardize” DU, and thus loosing its identity. 

I have also noticed a serious attitude issue in the DU officers. I cannot speak to recent (1-2 weeks ago) behavior, however, I noticed a LOT of officers demanding activity from people during ALL hours of the day. There is nothing wrong with being a “late-night” battalion nor is there anything wrong with people in your battalion having LIVES, however, I noticed frequent announcements of DU Officers demanding and even threatening activity from Enlisted-SNCOs. In my opinion, with the numbers DU is able to pull, this demonstrates how the Officers cannot see how good DU really is right now versus what it used to be in the past.

This is in no way an attack on you Harsh, I just respectfully disagree with some of the decisions that have been made to take DU in a specific direction. This is strictly MY OPINION and I will have to -1 you Harsh. Willing to change it after a response or a talk (if my -1 even means anything).

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Confused 2

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

+1 good luck

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

9 minutes ago, TheCyan said:

Not that 1 -1 will matter here but I would like to leave my genuine criticism about the direction DU has been taken the past 3 months.

When I was Tiplar and after I resigned, watched as the current DU CMD has changed what DU used to be. Don’t get me wrong, DU was never perfect and a lot of changes were for the better good. DU used to be an inactive, toxic, power-hungry, aggressive atmosphere. However, DU still held onto a uniqueness that made it a *different* enough option compared to other battalions. In my opinion, DU had an identity that was very different from other battalions. Now, as Slak has come into BCMD, I’ve seen many changes occur. One such change, that you yourself helped implement, was the tearing apart of the Regimental Sectir of DU. Not only had DU gained “Attack Overseer” and “Specialized Overseer (or whatever it’s called)” but DU also dropped the practice of all new recruits becoming HVYs. In y opinion, this practice was a large contributing factor that made DU a unique experience. The changes that you and Slak brought around only served to “standardize” DU, and thus loosing its identity. 

I have also noticed a serious attitude issue in the DU officers. I cannot speak to recent (1-2 weeks ago) behavior, however, I noticed a LOT of officers demanding activity from people during ALL hours of the day. There is nothing wrong with being a “late-night” battalion nor is there anything wrong with people in your battalion having LIVES, however, I noticed frequent announcements of DU Officers demanding and even threatening activity from Enlisted-SNCOs. In my opinion, with the numbers DU is able to pull, this demonstrates how the Officers cannot see how good DU really is right now versus what it used to be in the past.

This is in no way an attack on you Harsh, I just respectfully disagree with some of the decisions that have been made to take DU in a specific direction. This is strictly MY OPINION and I will have to -1 you Harsh. Willing to change it after a response or a talk (if my -1 even means anything).

Hi Cyan. Thank you for your feedback; I consider all feedback, negative or positive, to be very valuable. 

I will try to provide an explanation for each of the points you have brought up. Please let me know if you need further clarification or if my explanations are insufficient. 

Firstly, regarding the regimental structure and loss of a unique identity. As REGL, I had the ability to make changes to the regimental structure that I viewed to be necessary. I realized that one person overseeing 5 branch leaders and up to 10 brach officers could not effectively keep an eye on all of them without spending an exhausting amount of time in and out of game. As such, I came up with the idea of implementing the ATKO (oversees HWS, ARF, and ARC) and SFO (Oversees SUP and MED) positions. Upon discussion with other officers in DU (I don't believe I had the chance to speak with you individually, as I brought this up during a late night TS conversation with officers), I realized that people wanted these positions. At the end of the day, I added these positions to help out with my workload as REGL and to further stratify the regimental structure, giving branch officers and leads a position to set their sights on that isn't a command position. 

Now, I personally don't see this change as one that makes DU lose its unique identity. It does truly nothing other than help the REGL out with their workload - these positions aren't standardized, and aren't officially recognized by naval or the rest of the server. The things that make DU a physically different battalion from others (the armor, shields, and HS subunit) aren't changed. Even the more nebulous aspect of what I see as the main contributing factor to uniqueness (the unique people) hasn't changed. 

From the HWS change standpoint, this was more of an experiment I suggested to Slak. Slak was on board with branching HWS out as its own branch. My reasoning for making HWS its own branch were as follows: 1) No one used the normal trooper job, and only really rolled around with the Heavy Whitelist. I thought that maybe this would be something that would change with the Heavy Job requiring a training. 2) I felt that adding HWS leadership would increase RP and training with the heavy weapon. 3) HWS had been a jumping off point/fallback in the battalion, and I wasn't seeing stable use of the standard heavy job. 

I'll be honest, in the past few weeks since we implemented this change, the HWS branch has not been doing great. We were already looking at its removal (reverting back to the old system), as the previous leadership left before being able to do anything, and current leadership doesn't really exist. Regardless, I again am going to have to disagree with adding HWS making DU less unique. If a member wants a Z6, all they have to do is pass a 10 minute tryout. From what we've seen of DU in lore, most if not all DU members should have Z6s. Obviously this would make the battalion overbalanced (and we saw this in the past when this was a feature of the battalion), but we still have the physical item of the shield to set us apart instead. So, from a physical perspective, DU still has a unique item to identify it from other battalions - it doesn't have to just be the Z6. 

For the DU officer issue: I'd appreciate it if you could dm me some names (if you're comfortable) of people from whom you see threatening activity. I personally haven't seen anyone threaten our battalion members to get them to hop on the server. It is true that we will send announcements at prime time or when there is an event on the server asking our members who can get on/want to get on to join the server. While yes, we are an active battalion, a lot of people like to hop off the server when nothing is going on; they instead join back when they get a ping from an officer telling them to hop on the server (this pretty much only happens when an event/deployment is going on). I have a feeling that this particular point of yours may have come from a lack of proper communication skills from our end. It can be very easy to misinterpret the mood/intent behind someone's words when typing, and it is possible that some of the messages you've seen seemed hostile when (I can assure you) they were likely not meant to be hostile. If this is the case, I will be sure to speak to the officers and make sure that they understand how to properly motivate our troopers without making anyone feel out of place or threatened. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I hope this cleared some things up. 

• Informative 1

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

3 hours ago, Harsh said:

Hi Cyan. Thank you for your feedback; I consider all feedback, negative or positive, to be very valuable. 

I will try to provide an explanation for each of the points you have brought up. Please let me know if you need further clarification or if my explanations are insufficient. 

Firstly, regarding the regimental structure and loss of a unique identity. As REGL, I had the ability to make changes to the regimental structure that I viewed to be necessary. I realized that one person overseeing 5 branch leaders and up to 10 brach officers could not effectively keep an eye on all of them without spending an exhausting amount of time in and out of game. As such, I came up with the idea of implementing the ATKO (oversees HWS, ARF, and ARC) and SFO (Oversees SUP and MED) positions. Upon discussion with other officers in DU (I don't believe I had the chance to speak with you individually, as I brought this up during a late night TS conversation with officers), I realized that people wanted these positions. At the end of the day, I added these positions to help out with my workload as REGL and to further stratify the regimental structure, giving branch officers and leads a position to set their sights on that isn't a command position. 

Now, I personally don't see this change as one that makes DU lose its unique identity. It does truly nothing other than help the REGL out with their workload - these positions aren't standardized, and aren't officially recognized by naval or the rest of the server. The things that make DU a physically different battalion from others (the armor, shields, and HS subunit) aren't changed. Even the more nebulous aspect of what I see as the main contributing factor to uniqueness (the unique people) hasn't changed. 

From the HWS change standpoint, this was more of an experiment I suggested to Slak. Slak was on board with branching HWS out as its own branch. My reasoning for making HWS its own branch were as follows: 1) No one used the normal trooper job, and only really rolled around with the Heavy Whitelist. I thought that maybe this would be something that would change with the Heavy Job requiring a training. 2) I felt that adding HWS leadership would increase RP and training with the heavy weapon. 3) HWS had been a jumping off point/fallback in the battalion, and I wasn't seeing stable use of the standard heavy job. 

I'll be honest, in the past few weeks since we implemented this change, the HWS branch has not been doing great. We were already looking at its removal (reverting back to the old system), as the previous leadership left before being able to do anything, and current leadership doesn't really exist. Regardless, I again am going to have to disagree with adding HWS making DU less unique. If a member wants a Z6, all they have to do is pass a 10 minute tryout. From what we've seen of DU in lore, most if not all DU members should have Z6s. Obviously this would make the battalion overbalanced (and we saw this in the past when this was a feature of the battalion), but we still have the physical item of the shield to set us apart instead. So, from a physical perspective, DU still has a unique item to identify it from other battalions - it doesn't have to just be the Z6. 

For the DU officer issue: I'd appreciate it if you could dm me some names (if you're comfortable) of people from whom you see threatening activity. I personally haven't seen anyone threaten our battalion members to get them to hop on the server. It is true that we will send announcements at prime time or when there is an event on the server asking our members who can get on/want to get on to join the server. While yes, we are an active battalion, a lot of people like to hop off the server when nothing is going on; they instead join back when they get a ping from an officer telling them to hop on the server (this pretty much only happens when an event/deployment is going on). I have a feeling that this particular point of yours may have come from a lack of proper communication skills from our end. It can be very easy to misinterpret the mood/intent behind someone's words when typing, and it is possible that some of the messages you've seen seemed hostile when (I can assure you) they were likely not meant to be hostile. If this is the case, I will be sure to speak to the officers and make sure that they understand how to properly motivate our troopers without making anyone feel out of place or threatened. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I hope this cleared some things up. 

I like the reply. While I still disagree, I think we can agree to disagree on the semantics. I’ll change to a +1 as you seen to be very willing to take criticism and listen to others.

Good luck Harsh.

Edited by TheCyan
Typo

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

+1 man , i have always heard good from you, and from the time I've been in DU, always something positive to say about you

Former:   41st 2ndLT  John , Havoc Squad Acid,  2ndAC SUPO John  Current: Delta 6-2 Pvt Scorch

OIP.y6OKZid8MhDEinZGHWT6MwHaHa?w=179&h=1

On 3/11/2021 at 9:37 PM, Harsh said:

I came back to Synergy approximately 4 to 5 months after my removal. I had worked extensively with DU as their outreach as Jaing, and noticed that the battalion had been hit hard recently by the exodus of a number of higher ups.  

:monkaS: (PTSD)

On a serious note. Back when i was around i was one of the people who worked extensively with harsh. I may not know of his recent actions and achievements, but this man was a serious pleasure to work with back when he was jiang and he was very patient man and worked extremely well in getting what I was looking for done. He was quite professional and very willing and eager to work with us. We had extensive talks and provided actions and a sound plan to help whip DU into shape at the time. DU got a lot better with his work as our outreach alone. And i know he did amazing work while he was in DU. Man didnt get to CMD just having a bit of fun in the stalls

+ fucking 1

P s. I miss you harsh and miss those times.:peepoLove:

• Friendly 1

+1 you have gained my blessing please for the love of god let everyone who joins be a heavy. Let the strings start being pulled :pepeLaugh:

• Funny 4
  • Confused 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Banned

+1 great guy, I genuinely think he would be an amazing doom

Records I hold: Fastest time to return and resign 4 minutes | Most returns and resignations 6 Times 

Gonna drop a fat +1 here. You're such a hardworking guy even with your college things and you'll do a lot of good in the position. I still hold on to the "quality over quantity" thing for recruitment since I brought you into the 212th :)

Also miss you, it's been forever since we've had a chat

Please void my application. If you'd like an explanation, please pm me. 

• Friendly 1
  • Pay Respect 1
  • Confused 1

This application has been VOIDED by the author.

You are permitted to put up another application for other positions, however;

If you void another commander application within 30 DAYS, then you're subject to a 30 DAY cooldown from applying.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED