Harsh

Steam Name: Harsh

RP Name: Null-10 Jaing Skirata

RP Rank: Captain

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:167592505

Battalion or Squad you are applying for: Null

Experience:

212th (PVT - CPT)

The 212th was the first battalion I joined on the server, and the only group outside of Null that I have committed to as a server member over the past two years. I started where everyone does, a fresh-faced private with no clue what CWRP was. I learned quickly, and started climbing the ranks to become a Junior NCO and a 2ndAC Medic (eventually becoming MED lead). After a while, I moved through the ranks as a Senior NCO, joining the elite Ghost Company and serving as Longshot. I was soon promoted to Warrant Officer, and did as much as I could with the position (pushing the NCOs to tryout, promoting passive RP, and hosting regular entertainment for the battalion). My WO term ended with my promotion to 1st Lieutenant and to the position of Boil and Ghost Company Officer. I was promoted to Captain around 2 weeks later, and applied and received the role of Support Overseer (overseeing MED, ENG, and HVY) that I would hold until my resignation around a month later. 3 weeks into being a CPT, I applied for the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi, thus freezing my rank until my resignation. 

Jedi (Youngling to Master)

Approximately a week after I joined the server for the first time, I purchased VIP. I really wanted to try RPing as a Jedi, and I knew as soon I started playing on Synergy that I was falling in love with the server. 

I quickly moved up from padawan to Knight, and passed Shadow trials one late night in May. I soon started working as hard as I could to achieve the rank of master. To do so, I hosted more than 30 trials in a month for the Shadow branch. I also managed to reach the role of Shadow Manager Lead and then GateKeeper (Sentinel branch second in command). As SHML, I created a Shadow handbook to guide newer members through their journey as a Shadow. As Gatekeeper, I ensured that trials for the Sentinel and Shadow sub branches were up to par and being held regularly. 

For my work in the Shadow branch, I was nominated and passed into the master role. I then applied for Ki Adi Mundi, and served around a month and a half in the position.  During that time, I built 4 distinct tryouts for each class of 21st Jedi (Nova Corps, GM, KU, and SO). I soon transferred from the position into the position of Obi Wan Kenobi for around two weeks, where I collaborated closely with Cabrera (the next Kenobi) to build GC, Foxtrot, 2ndAC, and 212th Jedi Trials. My journey as a Jedi Master taught me a lot about leading from a command position and what it is like to be in a high command position for a large battalion. It also helped shape the same work ethic and high effort mentality that I apply to everything I do on the server today. 

Null Squad Jaing Skirata

For around 2 weeks in April, I attended and failed around 30 rounds of Null tryouts. I finally passed on the overall round 42, becoming the first person to pass. Being a Null member for the past 7 weeks has been a truly amazing experience. Porch (Kal) taught me a lot about GMOD mechanics and helped me push myself to become a better player, leader, and all around person. As Jaing, I made it my goal to contribute to Null squad becoming the best squad it could.

To execute that goal, I set up a large number of outreach trainings for the specialized regiment battalions (at the time our designated outreach) and worked with their HCs and down consistently for a month to help them with the issues they saw with their battalions. These trainings consisted of regular PvE and PvP trainings, trainings oriented around specific issues like battle comms, and the Null drills that all of us Nulls hosted together. 

Part of making Null a better squad overall was creating an initiative to fill our squad and ensure that our squad members are the best they can be. I constantly pushed for us to do tryouts (as much as possible) and regularly requested that my fellow Null members train the very same PvP and PvE skills we taught. After all, practice makes perfect, and perfect is the kind of image I wanted us to have for the server. It should go without saying that I also helped with as many rounds of tryouts as I could. 

Playing Jaing has been a dream from an RP perspective. I finally had an actual character to emulate, and did my best to promote passive RP server wide by ensuring that I exemplified my character’s traits as much as I possibly could (e.g. being absolutely brutal during interrogations). I also ensured that I remained a good role model for the server; I have never been arrested and have always presented professional behavior both inside and outside of the game. 

Why should you become a battalion commander?

First and foremost, I know that I have the dedication and work ethic to complete the plans I have put in place to improve my squad. As I discuss later on in my application, my plans include a great number of tasks that will take a long time to complete. I know I have the patience and ability to fulfill my goals, and I will make sure to complete them with as much efficiency and quality as possible. 

My experience in Null over the past month and a half has taught me a lot about leadership, and I believe that I am ready to fill the role of Squad Lead. I have learned how to lead both inside and outside the squad, and have made it a point to never make the same mistake twice. 

Before applying, I discussed my position with the 4 squad leads and the regimental commander, each of whom agreed that I would be a great fit for the position. I have also established a great rapport with each SOBDE squad member, and I know that I will be able to work well with all of them in this new leadership position. 

Finally, I am in the unique position of having a complete and in-depth knowledge of what this squad needs. I have worked closely with the remaining Null members and I believe that the solutions I have proposed will eliminate the (relatively few) problems the squad currently faces. 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?

Yes.

Availability: 

In Game: 

Monday through Thursday:  9 P.M. EST - 1:30 A.M. EST

Friday: 9 P.M. EST - 3:00 A.M. EST

Saturday: 8 P.M. EST - 3:00 A.M. EST

Sunday: 8 P.M. EST - 1:30 A.M. EST

Out of Game (Discord, mainly): 10:00 A.M. EST - 1:30 A.M. EST

Estimate of how long you’ve played on the server?

2901 hours

Do you have a microphone?

Yes.

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?

My top priority for my term will be to fill my squad with high quality and highly skilled members. Pursuing this goal will take a lot of energy and time, but as I have demonstrated through my time on the server and as a Null, I have the work ethic and persistence to pursue and complete this goal in a timely manner.

As I fill my squad, I will be expecting each of my squad members to retain the best skill set and best attitude on the server. To that end, I will implement regularly scheduled PvE and PvP training for the Nulls. In other words, I will be pushing my Null members to be participating in SIMs as well as hosting them. This is extremely important, as finely honed combat skills are necessary for an elite squad like Null. In terms of attitude, I will make sure to drill into each of my members the essential tenets of respect and hard work that are necessary to be a Null squad member. As has been the case with the rest of the SOBDE squads over the past couple of months, each of my squad members will be on a 1 strike system. I will not be tolerating misbehavior or disrespect; after all, we are all here to have fun. 

Along the lines of ensuring that Null remains an elite squad, I would like to promote RP skills by regularly teaching and testing lore knowledge of each member. This will help each Null member remain true to their character, and will make sure that each Null squad member will be RPing their characters at the highest level. I have already prepared brief guidelines (character sheets, if you will) for each character that I will keep adding to. Null members will be expected to remain familiar with their character’s lore and mannerisms so that they can RP properly on the server. Regular tests will be conducted on lore knowledge to improve each member’s RP abilities. 

As my squad maintains their RP and combat skills, I want them to share what they learn and know with other battalions through outreach work. I am a huge proponent of the outreach program; as I mentioned earlier in my application, I have been working closely with DU and 21st to help them as an outsider. I intend to incentivize outreach work by positively reinforcing squad members conducting trainings. To that end, I will be introducing a training roster to more effectively track individual squad members’ contributions to outreach work. I will also be looking at reintroducing the rank system to the squad to create more tangible incentives for each squad member. 

Please note that I do not intend to force my squad members to do outreach work if they don’t want to. I will simply be incentivising it to give my squad something to work towards.To be completely clear, I intend to place squad RP and and inner-squad training above outreach. Outreach can be a benefit (and work will be rewarded), but it will not be the sole determinant of incentives and will be second to working with and filling up the squad. 

Additionally, I want to make sure that Null is cooperating and working well with every other SOBDE squad. To improve relations, I will be opening up tryouts to be helped by all other SOBDE squad members. This will help streamline the tryouts process while also showing each other squad that Null is on equal terms with them. 

Along those lines, I want to promote regular cross-squad training with the rest of SOBDE. I have been pushing for this already as Jaing, and will continue to do so as Kal. These trainings will mainly be PvE and PvP SIMs to help improve cross-squad communications and cooperation. These trainings will also hopefully improve the relationships between Null members and other squad members. 

I have also noticed that it has been relatively difficult to get SOBDE wide events and deployments. As Kal, I will be working closely with other Squad Leads and members to leverage connections with GameMasters to organize more events for SOBDE. These events will allow us all to test out the skills we will be training, and will again work to improve inter-squad communications and relations. 

The rough plan I have outlined above will bring Null closer together and push each of them to become the best squad members they can be. My hope is that, by adhering to this planned regimen of training, Null will continue to perform exceedingly well on evaluations and during events. I also hope that each of my squad members is able to forge tighter bonds with each other and the other SOBDE squad members. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive you will be removed from your position?

Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and that you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?

Yes

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

• Management

Huge +1

I’ve only seen great things from you as Jaing and I only expect even greater things in the future. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen someone with dedication to more than just themselves in SOBDE and you are definitely a good fit for the position.

Keep up the good work 

:Pepega:

• Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 This man is the type of Null I was searching for when I was Kal. Someone who is passionate about their role on the server, someone who makes sure they are doing things right before they do them, someone who is willing to be there and learn to make themselves better, and who wants to make sure that everyone else on the server is learning as well.

He's not only dedicated to his positions, dedicated towards actually helping improve the state of the server, but also someone who shows a good balance between listening to others for advice and still has their own opinions and ideas. There is one bad thing though...we are gonna have to find a new Jaing too and god dammit no one can pass tryouts.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1
Forum Admin

+1, this guy's dedication is perfect for what Null need right now

• Friendly 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Banned

+1 good luck man 

r4ymo.gif

HUGE +1 Watching this guy tryout and proceeding to get farther and farther each time and show that he was learning. Then after passing continuing to show what a great person and squadmate he was. I was proud to serve as his XO and show him the ropes of being null. This man has my full support. Good Luck "Step Bro"  

When Harsh came to me on Discord and asked for tips on passing tryouts, I knew he would make a great Squad Lead someday.

Harsh's time in 212th was great, but he made his transition to SOBDE seamlessly.

Probably the best candidate in the SERVER, not just in Null.

+1.

hi.

I have had nothing but great experiences with Harsh especially while he was jiang. I've worked closely with him as he helped DU with his great outreach work. I could only have seen one other candidate for the position and that was woeny obviously with woeny as RCMD these 2 will do amazing things together.

Huge +1 my dude. Don't forget about DU when you get Kal

+1 Damn. This app is a little............. HARSH......... HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Funny 2

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

One of the most compassionate players I met on the server.
Harsh has shown so much devotion towards the well being of the 212th troopers, during my time as a 212th master.
His experience and humbleness will be a  great addition  in the position
+1

Head Admin

+1, good luck my man

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

+1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview

Please contact one of the Server Directors to organize your interview before 06/12/2020 or your application will be DENIED

// Locked

// moved to Commander Applications - Pending

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance: