No sugar coating | This server is dying.

People are gonna say "Didn't you leave?" Yes and all these opinions are from other people that would like to remain anonymous.

Numbers are slowly going down in every battalion.
Staff team numbers are also super fucking low. (65 people)
Updates aren't coming out.
Content is dry and boring.
High staff doesn't seem to care about keeping people interested in this server.
Getting rid of Battalions won't keep people interested and connecting to the server everyday.
All of this is shown in how many people have been resigning lately.
A BCMD stepped down from his rank because the community is toxic and the server is garbage.
Serious RP isn't fucking real.
When was the last time admins had to kick AFKs so people could join?
High staff just seem to be a bunch of people are disconnected from the community and only pop up once and a while to add something new that literally doesn't matter.

At 3:15PM on a Friday you'd expect more then 40 people to deploy to event server during a full server deployment.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

spacer.png

People are still in school or coming home, and or at work at 3:50PM on a Friday lmao.

If you want something changed and really care about something, leaving and then complaining about things that aren't even true is not the way to do it. I see your point of view but at the same time a lot of your points are plain wrong lol.

• Winner 1

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

2 minutes ago, Trixx said:

People are still in school or coming home, and or at work at 3:50PM on a Friday lmao.

If you want something changed and really care about something, leaving and then complaining about things that aren't even true is not the way to do it. I see your point of view but at the same time a lot of your points are plain wrong lol.

You said something to a single one of my points. If you believe they're wrong tell me how.

spacer.png

I think removing battalions will help cus maths. But there are some issues and the server ain't vibing like it used to. I get what you mean but I feel like people finna be put off from agreeing with you due to the way you present your points.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

6 minutes ago, A-a-ron said:

You said something to a single one of my points. If you believe they're wrong tell me how.

-Regarding the content, yes I know its coming slow and there were talks of monthly updates but life happens and we only have 1 developer I believe with a shit ton of suggestions.

-Whens the last time a staff member had to kick AFKs so people could join? Last weekend when events were popping.

-I cannot verify the reason that a BCMD stepped down so I cannot comment on that.

-High staff don't seem to care about the server dying? That's interesting because I have had lengthy conversations with different people in High Staff even above Directors and they sure do care and are still passionate about Synergy and the playerbase.

-SeriousRP doesn't exist? If you think that then either you are not helping enforce it or the people you were around didn't enforce it to which you contact staff about, I enforce seriousRP as many other high ranking people do and I do not let people get away with messing about.

-People have their own reasons for resigning and it may be because they think the way you do and that is sad because we have lost some really cool people but we will move on and they will probably come back because most people do.

Edited by Trixx
  • Winner 1

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

2 minutes ago, Trixx said:

Regarding the content, yes I know its coming slow and there were talks of monthly updates but life happens and we only have 1 developer I believe with a shit ton of suggestions. Whens the last time a staff member had to kick AFKs so people could join? Last weekend when events were popping. I cannot verify the reason that a BCMD stepped down so I cannot comment on that. High staff don't seem to care about the server dying? That's interesting because I have had lengthy conversations with different people in High Staff even above Directors and they sure do care and are still passionate about Synergy and the playerbase. SeriousRP doesn't exist? If you think that then either you are not helping enforce it or the people you were around didn't enforce it to which you contact staff about, I enforce seriousRP as many other high ranking people do and I do not let people get away with messing about. People have their own reasons for resigning and it may be because they think the way you do and that is sad because we have lost some really cool people but we will move on and they will probably come back because most people do.

To be exact when I said High staff i meant the people above the Directers I shouldve stated that my b. But I can see where you come from on the other points.

Edited by A-a-ron
  • Agree 1

spacer.png

Staff dont  need people or they wouldnt decline so many hehehehe and yeah ik people dont promote RP anymore it's all Kill Kill Kill. I saw someone trying to start RP in an event and everyone ignored it and started shooting. Serious RP is shit. I cant do anything fun without getting warned. Go semi

• Agree 1

Imagine Putting Your Old Ranks And Roles In Your Bio

I Went from Mas Amedda and VA to Blacklisted from every single thing except CT and Jedi :)

Thanks for repeating what’s been said a million times before.

Star wars RP is declining in general (Not Dieing). I thinks it’s solely to do with Star Wars outside of g mod, I know I joined just cause of the clone wars. Hopefully the new season will attract more people.

I think we’re far off from dieing lol. Yesterday we had 110 numbers I think.

Stating my point of view, back when i was staff, people still had some traces of rp back then, some traces. Now let me give a fast example, sith and jedi are fighting an the jedi is just yelling you suck ass or whatever the cuss was. It had boiled over the pot to the point where it already burnt you. Like McFisher said, people started neglecting SERIOUSRP, acting how a character they are playing should, mostly a clone. It always was kinda focused more to the shooting part of the event. Part of the problem is that people THINK, I say THINK they are too lazy to roleplay so they do the easy part - Shooting, BUT also a problem, like the many times I have posted, is the higher ups who are not trying to promote RP ( talking about highers ups like people in a position to command people so they encourage people to roleplay ). Of course there are some exceptions but few. 

To express myself easily:

- The GM program is on the way of stabilizing, I feel like it has more to offer. Like finally making a different scenario of  shoot-em-up, not the standard frigate-pod-pewpew events. I am not callin anyone out, I am just expressing my POV, there has to be new things done. Also lack of building for the events in my eyes
- Very few people encourage RP. 
-In the past the staff had to take tickets for building dupes for battalion trainings! Remember? Well now it's a rarity. That just says a lot, no trainings means the new people would be clueless as to what to do in a scenario they didnt train for, I will list only this.
-And for the final thing, hopefully no one eats me, is I think the limitations of the server to add a lot of new things. I know there are a lot of suggestions and the struggle of High Staff, but I have seen most of the times suggestions, some ridicilous, some actually immersive, denied, because the server wil have a hard time keeping up with the new add-ons. I mean, we can be creative but that creativity has a limit to one point where something has been done with a prop that is on a prop pack at least once.

The point I made in the last thing about the serve performance may be seen as probably unneeded for this topic as we all know back then there was lag also and it was worse but people still had fun only because the points I tried to list above were not there, everything back then was good in my eyes, events were good, people encouraged RP, everyone was asking for something unique, staff had a lot of job so then can show that they were willing to help the community . The only thing was the lag, now it's reverse, the lag is not a big thing now but the other points are present which is scary.

Edit: After I read through it again when I already posted it, some points I made may have been wrong but  hopefully you understand where I am trying to go, I am not trying to do harm, only trying to express myself to see what people thing about it. Blagodarq ❤️

Edited by Cutlaw

Im a dumbass and voted no instead of yes. To prove the point of what going on I see the same thing happen constantly nonstop its always the same 5-6 same events just with different names and roles that they do. I literally dont see anyone building anything anymore and I only see the same battalions being deployed constantly. These long dragging rp events where only one or two battalions participate on main server really kill the pop and is keeps people bored. Im gonna make my own post on this going over everything in my opinion on probably would need to be changed or fixed.

• Agree 2

I mean, this is just another roundabout.

We have one of these mass discussions every year, its the holidays soon, people are prepping for the holidays. and seeing as the majority of the SWRP community here at synergy are teens, they're most likely dragged out and seeing family and all that pazazz. It'll havea  roundabout and we'll peak again, it happens every year.

On a note for content. Theres few people, stuff happens. Such as the props and stuff. 

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Scribbles said:

I mean, this is just another roundabout.

We have one of these mass discussions every year, its the holidays soon, people are prepping for the holidays. and seeing as the majority of the SWRP community here at synergy are teens, they're most likely dragged out and seeing family and all that pazazz. It'll havea  roundabout and we'll peak again, it happens every year.

On a note for content. Theres few people, stuff happens. Such as the props and stuff. 

Im not just talking about this month or even past 2 months Im talking just in general it been a slight decline.

spacer.png

It's not a matter of the server dying and not dying. It's a matter of server population, 40 is a lot of fucking people for the average SWRP server, just because right now we aren't really competing with IFN and Superior. Things like this fluctuate and we just need to wait it out, when Staff positions start becoming empty then we can start to say the server is dying.

also saying the server is dying is not what we need, it just makes us all pessimistic and we end up leaving because we see no hope.

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Removing a  battalion removes people dedicated to that battalion/faction. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Me, Fyi, Bro and Bigzach, and kinda llama but he was only a lord for 2 weeks, were the only ones that really stuck around after the removal. Rexko, shroomie, maverick(got banned cuz of how pissed he was), roach(not as actove as he once was), aust(resigned before removal but that was cuz he saw the writing on the wall), Apex, Baker, Chrome(ahhhh), Fours(saw the writing in the wall), and Hero, and others all disappeared after the removal and haven't come back. Removing battalions doesnt help really just make your battalion stand out but main issue I have seen is leadership and other issues that are easily fixable if people actually commit to there positions(not saying those who failed didnt but a large portion is cuz of that). We need to step in and assist instead of kicking battalions while they are down, doing so makes people give up and leave because "why the fuck would I work for a position when it's getting removed anyway and why would I comeback cuz everyone is so toxic"

• Agree 1

This same topic occurred literally the same time last year in December, and people seriously thought synergy was dying. A staff purge happened too on top of that for the lack of effort.

The server is either dying or it’s just going through a phase rn.

in my opinion, it’s gonna be the latter half

The population of the server is doing fine IMO but the player base is suffering, I tried playing on the server for about 2 weeks and it was surreal events were rare as shit and most people would be afk I would see maybe 10-15 people actively doing something on the server at peak hours, it felt a lot like when I paid icefuse a visit a couple months back with cornbread, server was at max pop but so much of the player base was afk we could go around throwing grenades into peoples bunks and people wouldn't do anything about it. TLDR we have the numbers but there is no more passion in this server I feel, atleast nowhere near what it was when we launched.

btw to those who think removing battalions is the solution, it isn't

people who are loyal to those battalions just leave, which includes a good amount of people

ik i'm not in synergy rn but if the 91st suddenly got removed (again) i'd be out again in an instant because i have an attachment to them which i've had since late june 2016 or something like that, so ye

ok bye again

edit: where the hell is my profile pic help i'm scared

edit:nvm fixed it ok good

Edited by Bolt
  • Agree 1

bolt

From my few years of experience in SWRP going back to Hammerfall Networks, I always was the least active when my battalion had no one on. I don’t want to be RPing by myself. Personally I want less battalions because it is better for the player experience when you more opportunity to rp with others and not have to afk because you got no one to talk to.

It's not just Synergy. 

It's GMOD in general. 

Take a look at https://steamcharts.com/app/4000 the game has been losing concurrent players every month. 

When the game went free for about 2 days couple of days ago, there was a spike, however it was minimal. The game saw an increase of players by less than a thousand if I'm reading the graph correctly. 

Game is almost 14 years old by this point. I'm amazed it lasted this long. 

Edited by Phil
Spelling error
  • Agree 2

I've been around for a loooong time and I've seen the server on the ups and downs and right now it's pretty much a carbon copy of how it was last year.

People reaching peak fatigue with exams, holidays and existial crisis as a new year is almost here and things slow down.

We will rebound from this and we already have plans in the works to change things up.

@A-a-ron Management is always working to improve the server and the community.

we aren't content to leave things as they are and try new ideas which fail sometimes but it's better then maintaining a stale experience.

We ain't perfect and what many people keep forgetting that we are Volunteers no one is getting paid to work on the server which is why things are slow at times because like all things in the community it's based on people's spare time to work on it.

We take community suggestions as seriously as we can while balancing performance and actual practicality if things. (Bounty Hunters is the new faction that's being worked on to add a new take on CWRP @Sanchez Resident has been working hard on it.)

At the end of the day these threads just devolve into a few things.

Staff bad

Director+ bad

Events bad

RP bad

People afk

People only want to be led around and have events to give them things to do.

People ruin events and RP because they don't like RP or force RP to go they're way.

Very few actually propose any new ideas or solutions.

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

I've been around for a loooong time and I've seen the server on the ups and downs and right now it's pretty much a carbon copy of how it was last year.

Genuine question, when was the last time you joined the server and just , talked to people that weren't staff. Do you actually know what's happening or does staff just play telephone game and stuff doesn't get done the right way.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

People reaching peak fatigue with exams, holidays and existial crisis as a new year is almost here and things slow down.

We will rebound from this and we already have plans in the works to change things up.

@A-a-ron Management is always working to improve the server and the community.

we aren't content to leave things as they are and try new ideas which fail sometimes but it's better then maintaining a stale experience.

We ain't perfect and what many people keep forgetting that we are Volunteers no one is getting paid to work on the server which is why things are slow at times because like all things in the community it's based on people's spare time to work on it.

We take community suggestions as seriously as we can while balancing performance and actual practicality if things. (Bounty Hunters is the new faction that's being worked on to add a new take on CWRP @Sanchez Resident has been working hard on it.)

At the end of the day these threads just devolve into a few things.

Staff bad

Director+ bad

Events bad

RP bad

People afk

People ruin events and RP because they don't like RP or force RP to go they're way.

https://prnt.sc/qdtkth steam chart of players

This isn't a phase its the game dying.  Nothing we can do about that. The subject shouldnt MaKe ThE SeRvEr BeTtEr They're a ton of great servers with great additions and tons of paid developers but even their struggling.  The problem is the game.  It's a hard realization to make but since the 2016 boom Garry's Mod Has just been going downhill. 

Edited by Juan_Cena
  • Winner 1
1 minute ago, A-a-ron said:

Do you actually know what's happening or does staff just play telephone game and stuff doesn't get done the right way.

Gonna ignore the first part carter (chambers) has real life things going on and he does not need to explain to you why he hasn't been on the server he generally vets his ideas heavily and discusses with people that play of the server the only one recently was the encounter thing 

My whole time has director chambers has done his job as I have done mine. It seems that you completely ignore the fact that he is volunteering to even help with the server in his position I do not expect him to do anything and yes I mean anything. At most he the guiding hand me and marvel now trad use when we are in disagreement of something.  

For the second part do no insult the staff team. This isn't a telephone game. A-a-ron Gmod in generally is having a tough time recently and the population of the game yes is dying.  We aren't doing things wrong we have a method to everything we do and work hard at it. 

This toxicity that I've seen from you yes you a-a-ron I know its hard for you to understand that you are at fault for once is appalling.  You say in this post that people leave the server because of toxic players guess what you are one of them. Get off your high horse and show alittle humility. 

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Sanchez Resident said:

Gonna ignore the first part carter (chambers) has real life things going on and he does not need to explain to you why he hasn't been on the server he generally vets his ideas heavily and discusses with people that play of the server the only one recently was the encounter thing 

Is this a permanent LOA??? People have been saying that for around 7 months now.

spacer.png

Just now, A-a-ron said:

Is this a permanent LOA??? People have been saying that for around 7 months now.

Does it matter. Did you not read anything else that I said. Why does it matter if hes on the server if hes not making any of the big rp changes. my whole time as director chambers has made two decisions. 

9 minutes ago, Sanchez Resident said:

This toxicity that I've seen from you yes you a-a-ron I know its hard for you to understand that you are at fault for once is appalling.  You say in this post that people leave the server because of toxic players guess what you are one of them. Get off your high horse and show alittle humility. 

Everybody is fucking toxic, never once did i say "As a perfect human I believe" No everyone is fucked up in some way.

Ive been kicked from so many positions that if i thought i was anywhere near perfect I would need an actual mental deficiency 

Edited by A-a-ron

spacer.png

Everybody is fucking toxic, never once did i say "As a perfect human I believe" No everyone is fucked up in some way.

No not true. Also it seems that you are on a high horse when you rant about this post. Dont critique something that you are.

"A BCMD stepped down from his rank because the community is toxic and the server is garbage."

-A-a-ron 

Its not saying directly but indirectly. Not gonna lie a year ago I was pretty toxic and sometimes when I rant I can be but generally im nice.

Not gonna list people that I've never seen be toxic but it would be long. The argument well everyone does it is not an argument at all. 

Don't throw stones in glass houses 

Just now, Sanchez Resident said:

No not true. Also it seems that you are on a high horse when you rant about this post. Dont critique something that you are.

"A BCMD stepped down from his rank because the community is toxic and the server is garbage."

-A-a-ron 

Its not saying directly but indirectly. Not gonna lie a year ago I was pretty toxic and sometimes when I rant I can be but generally im nice.

Not gonna list people that I've never seen be toxic but it would be long. The argument well everyone does it is not an argument at all. 

Don't throw stones in glass houses 

I used the BCMDs words...........

spacer.png

• Retired Founder
46 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's not just Synergy. 

It's GMOD in general. 

Take a look at https://steamcharts.com/app/4000 the game has been losing concurrent players every month. 

When the game went free for about 2 days couple of days ago, there was a spike, however it was minimal. The game saw an increase of players by less than a thousand if I'm reading the graph correctly. 

Game is almost 14 years old by this point. I'm amazed it lasted this long. 

Everyone in this thread is dumb besides this guy.
GMod is a 14 year old sandbox game that has thrived FAR past it's peak. If you were around for PEAK Garry's Mod you would know some infamous gamemodes like the original PERP 1.0 servers.

Anyways, this is the annual GMod cycle. Players decline in winter due to holidays/school, people quit/take breaks, and slowly crawl back in March-April due to boredom, and then the flood gates open during June when school ends.

Most developers, programmers, & mappers who all worked on GMod at some point in time have moved on to other games, or careers in the field tbh.

Garry's Mod overall, is a declining game, playerbase wise.

Let me show you the top garry's mod servers in all of the united states, right now, at 8pm on a Friday Evening

FI3AacP.png

Do you notice a trend? These are the TOP 10 SERVERS IN NA. Not a single one is close to fulll, and servers that are usually "packed" are struggling to maintain 100+ players on a friday evening during "peak" times.

This isn't a SERVER "issue"; it's a Garry's Mod "issue".

Also -

qCDUUkM.png

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

z5dGuiK.gif

• Retired Founder

A few things, 

#1.) Gmod In general is taking a hit. It has dropped 5k Playerbase since last year alone.
#2.) There is an overflowing ammount of SWRP communities over 100+ Players. Synergy/Superior/WerewolfGaming/Icefuse/Defcon - The population is now split between all 5 with multiple players playing on all communities.
#3.) The laws of content are becoming limited, there's only so much you can do / add.
#4.) It also takes the effort of the players within their battalions to create roleplay (which has been majorly lacking for awhile
#5.) Jackson / Square are currently working on the update as we speak as they have received the files that they need to do so. (It is the holidays, it's not uncommon for holidays to not be busy, Last year during christmas we only had 80-90 players online per day 20th - 28th.

• Retired Founder
4 minutes ago, Ron said:

GMod is a 14 year old sandbox game that has thrived FAR past it's peak. If you were around for PEAK Garry's Mod you would know some infamous gamemodes like the original PERP 1.0 servers.

Anyways, this is the annual GMod cycle. Players decline in winter due to holidays/school, people quit/take breaks, and slowly crawl back in March-April due to boredom, and then the flood gates open during June when school ends.

Most developers, programmers, & mappers who all worked on GMod at some point in time have moved on to other games, or careers in the field tbh.

Let me show you the top garry's mod servers in all of the united states, right now, at 8pm on a Friday Evening

FI3AacP.png

Do you notice a trend? These are the TOP 10 SERVERS IN NA. Not a single one is close to fulll, and servers that are usually "packed" are struggling to maintain 100+ players on a friday evening during "peak" times.

Also -

qCDUUkM.png

Couldn't have said it any better.

5 minutes ago, A-a-ron said:

This isnt a fucking State Standardized test.

What? 

Do you not think when you post. Do just blurp words into the screen. No thought or effort going into what you say. 
When you post an opinion its used as supporting evidence dont just randomlly say it unless you agree with it, and if you do you need to address that you are apart of the problem

What? 

Do you not think when you post. Do just blurp words into the screen. No thought or effort going into what you say. 
When you post an opinion its used has supporting evidence dont just randomlly say it unless you agree with it, and if you do you need to address that you are apart of the problem

Sanchez, i deadass couldn't give less of a fuck about what you say.

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, A-a-ron said:

Everybody is fucking toxic,

???
bruh moment

Nah but FR I don't 100% agree with every one of your points here, as I do see high staff come on and talk and just be a player. Directors and stuff come on and talk with us and hang out and actually play as a player and see whats happening but I understand where you are coming from in most of your points

The only thing I'm really taking away from this thread is you guys need to kinda chill out and keep it civil. There is no real reason to argue. Aaron stated his opinion and someone disagreed but you don't need to call people names and say no no words.

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

What you say doesn't carry any weight. The people who play the server make up the community and the server not just Highstaff.

What how is this a response at all. Never once did I say that only high staff play on the server and never have I acted like that. Maybe you are just trying to strawman me and pull shit out of thin air or piss me off but I dont know what you're replying to. 

What how is this a response at all. Never once did I say that only high staff play on the server and never have I acted like that. Maybe you are just trying to strawman me and pull shit out of thin air or piss me off but I dont know what you're replying to. 

Seems like it's working.

spacer.png

Rons right, And the other dude who stated it also, But theres a lot we could improve ourselves to attract people from other communities, for instance Defcon Gaming;

Handles way better than Synergy

Has more unique features that we dont have

Allows more for a player to do during downtime

more incentive to play overtime for instance, loot crates, player trading of unique skins etc

Now im not saying copy at all, But how are we any different from some b grade CWRP than pops up? Not a whole lot, The main thing people say is "Oh we are more optimized" but that aint true compared to other servers that have more on the server box, More being used at a time and being done, more players on at one time etc we are still running substantially worse then them at prime.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Staff bad

Director+ bad

Events bad

RP bad

People afk

Im going to only relate to this last part, because it annoys me a lot.

Staff are bad: We cannot address that issue, As a player its not our area to address.

Directors+ Bad: This is dumb, I would say HA+ bad in some circumstances, once again its just a staff issue, you guys should be able to fix it, One thing I personally see, is its a lot of favouritsm and who you know thats getting people HA. NOW WAIT, before you say "No they go through a massive process and we a very careful with who you pick" Ima call it here, Bullshit. You got HA's that are apart of the GM team who literally run shit 2 hour events multiple times that most lose interest in or break immersion. You got HA's that dont even want to play GMOD, you have HA's that really dont do a whole bunch of good, this has been proven and seen time and time again, I did just see a director seeping so low as to argue on a forum post, I told Heart of for doing that on one of these a while ago, Just dont do it, if ur annoyed or angry fuck outta here, its for feedback not arguments neither the post owner or the director are being professional at all or the least bit constructive anymore.

But its not a massive issue, we have a CoC and if followed correctly, as IT DOES, We shouldn't have to see a HA+ or a Director+ very often.

Events Bad: This is the part thats triggered me, I know I have made a post relating to way to improve the efficiency of events and quality, by properly planning and developing events on a form to structure to develop a better guide with the help of Rohan, If people looked you would see this.

RP Is Bad: I also stated this in another post and some ways a BCMD can improve quality of the battalion, How a REG+ should now approach his role to make it more enjoyable, How any Officer can role, How a marshal should work but I will say this. Before I resigned, Ive seen little work from the REG+ team, now that includes Marshal and Palp. I see them do shit all tbh, and i say this with confidence and they are my friends, But dont hold a position for the title, Hold it because you want to work and develop the community, People just apply to keep going up ranks, or to gain a new title, Theres not a lot of productivity going on anymore tbh.

People AFK: Who cares we dont reach max cap anyway

People only want to be led around and have events to give them things to do: Roleplay server, if they want to be led around and roleplay that way then meh

People ruin events and RP because they don't like RP or force RP to go they're way: Very true actually, but once again things cant be fixed if no one reports the situation etc, Lets say I kill an event by forcing RP and making a 30 minute event take 2 hours, thats ruined and boring for those that are involved in the new RP, Unless you tell me not to, how will I know not to? Unless you ask me to avoid doing so because people are disliking it how will I know?

You see, running from your problems and not facing them when they rise it and bringing them up in a forum post is dumb, Sort it when you see it.

Edited by Dreams-
  • Disagree 2

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt
8 minutes ago, A-a-ron said:

Wait are we also gonna gloss over how Sanchez compared "rape is fine" to "server bad"

No, Why make this fucking post if youre just going to be a retard on it, Its for constructive feedback and you and sanchez just made this a fucking shit show and a meme.

Current:

• CT Private Reggin

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt
16 minutes ago, Dreams- said:

Rons right, And the other dude who stated it also, But theres a lot we could improve ourselves to attract people from other communities, for instance Defcon Gaming;

Handles way better than Synergy

Has more unique features that we dont have

Allows more for a player to do during downtime

more incentive to play overtime for instance, loot crates, player trading of unique skins etc

Now im not saying copy at all, But how are we any different from some b grade CWRP than pops up? Not a whole lot, The main thing people say is "Oh we are more optimized" but that aint true compared to other servers that have more on the server box, More being used at a time and being done, more players on at one time etc we are still running substantially worse then them at prime.

Im going to only relate to this last part, because it annoys me a lot.

Staff are bad: We cannot address that issue, As a player its not our area to address.

Directors+ Bad: This is dumb, I would say HA+ bad in some circumstances, once again its just a staff issue, you guys should be able to fix it, One thing I personally see, is its a lot of favouritsm and who you know thats getting people HA. NOW WAIT, before you say "No they go through a massive process and we a very careful with who you pick" Ima call it here, Bullshit. You got HA's that are apart of the GM team who literally run shit 2 hour events multiple times that most lose interest in or break immersion. You got HA's that dont even want to play GMOD, you have HA's that really dont do a whole bunch of good, this has been proven and seen time and time again, I did just see a director seeping so low as to argue on a forum post, I told Heart of for doing that on one of these a while ago, Just dont do it, if ur annoyed or angry fuck outta here, its for feedback not arguments neither the post owner or the director are being professional at all or the least bit constructive anymore.

But its not a massive issue, we have a CoC and if followed correctly, as IT DOES, We shouldn't have to see a HA+ or a Director+ very often.

Events Bad: This is the part thats triggered me, I know I have made a post relating to way to improve the efficiency of events and quality, by properly planning and developing events on a form to structure to develop a better guide with the help of Rohan, If people looked you would see this.

RP Is Bad: I also stated this in another post and some ways a BCMD can improve quality of the battalion, How a REG+ should now approach his role to make it more enjoyable, How any Officer can role, How a marshal should work but I will say this. Before I resigned, Ive seen little work from the REG+ team, now that includes Marshal and Palp. I see them do shit all tbh, and i say this with confidence and they are my friends, But dont hold a position for the title, Hold it because you want to work and develop the community, People just apply to keep going up ranks, or to gain a new title, Theres not a lot of productivity going on anymore tbh.

People AFK: Who cares we dont reach max cap anyway

People only want to be led around and have events to give them things to do: Roleplay server, if they want to be led around and roleplay that way then meh

People ruin events and RP because they don't like RP or force RP to go they're way: Very true actually, but once again things cant be fixed if no one reports the situation etc, Lets say I kill an event by forcing RP and making a 30 minute event take 2 hours, thats ruined and boring for those that are involved in the new RP, Unless you tell me not to, how will I know not to? Unless you ask me to avoid doing so because people are disliking it how will I know?

You see, running from your problems and not facing them when they rise it and bringing them up in a forum post is dumb, Sort it when you see it.

Defcon has all those things because they managed to steal alot of Superiors custom scripting somehow that they have paid thousands of dollars to get developed exclusively for them which is why everything runs so well and the can have those more complex systems.

We don't stoop to stealing other peoples content and as a by product of that we don't have the newest and most exclusive systems out there (Not that you were suggesting we do this ,) 

1. HAs being favourtised is some of the biggest horseshit I've seen in a long time because there are quite a few people I have disliked on a personal level that we have appointed to HA positions because they had been doing good work or they had shown themselves very dedicated to the staff team, they don't have to be god tier GMs as that's not what their position entails, if they are good GMs they get promoted in the GM team and some of that can cross over to staff but it's not the other way around.

Reports on HAs are very far and in-between so I encourage you to actually tell Director+ about HAs doing wrong WITH evidence (we can't do anything about people bitching to us we need evidence) 

To clean up the staff team, we have already been cleaning up the staff team thanks to @traditional having a better schedule and better to keep an eye on things.

Even former High staff come to us about problems because they know what to provide us so we can take care of it @Forseen @Dennis @Nade Jones have all done this in the past regarfless of how we parted.

I can assure you it's not about who you know but your actions that get you HA and if you are passing judgement you are just as guilty as the others you have already dismissed for commenting on something they no nothing about.

Some after promotion have shown themselves to be not suited to the position and have been removed after evidence and corrective action is not effective.

Sanchez is coming to my defense because he is aware of my situation and is having a very visceral response because of that knowledge and I already communicated to him that A-Arons words aren't bothering me in slightest.

Sanchez is a passionate individual which is what makes him such a good Director and we aren't perfect people that can make perfect decisions all the time, especially when we are fired up over something (I am guilty of this myself)

2/3. I am not suggesting your post (which I have read) falls into the category of bitching without solutions/ideas, your post was well thought out, priced an analysis of what was going on a proposed solutions, that is the kind of posts I like to see and we already discussed some of these ideas and getting them implemented (As I said before everything is being done in our spare time so it might not be super quick) 

@Omalic @Korm Ugh I forget who the new Regs are that we just promoted but here ya go, heres you giving them feedback on how they are doing, it's much easier to speak to someone about what's going wrong or report them for it rather than making a post on a forum post  that they might never read. (Kind of how you said it's dumb to bring it up in a forum post?)

Don't rest have the energy to expand in this more but the gist of it is that we have already asked for community assistance on getting things on track to report/punish people that ruin the experience for others and we cannot be around all the time.

Like you said of you don't tell someone they are doing something wrong and how to fix it then what's the point?

St the end of the day change has to be made to the majority as the minority can't keep things going all by themselves.

(Forum posts are missing key things like tone and other context from verbal communication, this was delivered not in a lecturing way but simply stating my thoughts on the matter based on your reply take it as you will) 

• Winner 2
1 hour ago, Ron said:

FI3AacP.png

Also -

qCDUUkM.png

117 is pretty close

not everything will last forever else than Minecraft, Minecraft will always last

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Defcon has all those things because they managed to steal alot of Superiors custom scripting somehow that they have paid thousands of dollars to get developed exclusively for them which is why everything runs so well and the can have those more complex systems.

We don't stoop to stealing other peoples content and as a by product of that we don't have the newest and most exclusive systems out there (Not that you were suggesting we do this ,) 

1. HAs being favourtised is some of the biggest horseshit I've seen in a long time because there are quite a few people I have disliked on a personal level that we have appointed to HA positions because they had been doing good work or they had shown themselves very dedicated to the staff team, they don't have to be god tier GMs as that's not what their position entails, if they are good GMs they get promoted in the GM team and some of that can cross over to staff but it's not the other way around.

Reports on HAs are very far and in-between so I encourage you to actually tell Director+ about HAs doing wrong WITH evidence (we can't do anything about people bitching to us we need evidence) 

To clean up the staff team, we have already been cleaning up the staff team thanks to @traditional having a better schedule and better to keep an eye on things.

Even former High staff come to us about problems because they know what to provide us so we can take care of it @Forseen @Dennis @Nade Jones have all done this in the past regarfless of how we parted.

I can assure you it's not about who you know but your actions that get you HA and if you are passing judgement you are just as guilty as the others you have already dismissed for commenting on something they no nothing about.

Some after promotion have shown themselves to be not suited to the position and have been removed after evidence and corrective action is not effective.

Sanchez is coming to my defense because he is aware of my situation and is having a very visceral response because of that knowledge and I already communicated to him that A-Arons words aren't bothering me in slightest.

Sanchez is a passionate individual which is what makes him such a good Director and we aren't perfect people that can make perfect decisions all the time, especially when we are fired up over something (I am guilty of this myself)

2/3. I am not suggesting your post (which I have read) falls into the category of bitching without solutions/ideas, your post was well thought out, priced an analysis of what was going on a proposed solutions, that is the kind of posts I like to see and we already discussed some of these ideas and getting them implemented (As I said before everything is being done in our spare time so it might not be super quick) 

@Omalic @Korm Ugh I forget who the new Regs are that we just promoted but here ya go, heres you giving them feedback on how they are doing, it's much easier to speak to someone about what's going wrong or report them for it rather than making a post on a forum post  that they might never read. (Kind of how you said it's dumb to bring it up in a forum post?)

Don't rest have the energy to expand in this more but the gist of it is that we have already asked for community assistance on getting things on track to report/punish people that ruin the experience for others and we cannot be around all the time.

Like you said of you don't tell someone they are doing something wrong and how to fix it then what's the point?

St the end of the day change has to be made to the majority as the minority can't keep things going all by themselves.

(Forum posts are missing key things like tone and other context from verbal communication, this was delivered not in a lecturing way but simply stating my thoughts on the matter based on your reply take it as you will) 

Now this is the feedback I like to see, because I feel like shits been listened to, and is quite pog. Filling the community in with this info and having a good PR is a great step forward, and for me personally appreciate the time you've taken to write a proper response. I still think theres some clashing arguments and views from being a retired player and a current high staff, but that'll always be the case.

As for the content part, thats the only part I wish to touch futher on, It was not a idea of stealing content(As you stated Youre aware i wasnt implying that) but more so evaluating other servers, In business and advertisment you see what your opponent is doing and do it better, thats what we did when we left icefuse, but now there are more opponents in the game with is breaking apart communities, but what are we here at synergy doing that will put us ahead of lets say Superior or communities like that? I see many unique additions to those server, but we don't and Im not saying I do not like vanilla CWRP but its bland at times, and we dont have a lot that a player can do in their sparetime on the server which he can do by himself. 

Now this is probably a server suggestion type post thing, but it would be cool to see some sort of update, its like we are still playing the server from 2017 but not going on with the times, for instance for me personanly, Perma weapons and Skill points was us moving on, a map update is, but content stays the same, what can we do at Synergy to improve the content value of the server and make it more up 2 date with the others going into 2020 IE, custom scripts to promote Engineer roleplay in an engine room where you interact with the consoles and have to do proper repairs type thing? Maybe a NPC which you can go up 2 every now and then and get jobs to do around the base, like if your a naval, it would be restricted to naval and put in naval bunks, when you press e you have a series of jobs that essentially need doing by naval on the ship and you actively have to do it, like if the librarian chick is around, she has to go collect and books around the temple archives etc, and they get some coin from completing it?

Not saying add these but like what ideas are actually in the works to improve the content value of synergy, and bring it on par of Sup etc? Is there any in the works, I think a lot of people are left out of the loop with this sort of stuff.

Current:

• CT Private Reggin

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

This is pointless tbh. There is always going to be a drought with the server so I don't think this should be new to anyone numbers will arise on its own.... like they always do. Now the content of the server can be argued about with the events that come out and lackluster of other things can be discussed. Although I think it is dumb to blame the way the server is like this in this way.

• Agree 1
Banned
3 hours ago, A-a-ron said:

Genuine question, when was the last time you joined the server and just , talked to people that weren't staff. Do you actually know what's happening or does staff just play telephone game and stuff doesn't get done the right way.

God damn legendary question!

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

7 minutes ago, Tinovious said:

Just wipe everything and have CT rp you fucking nerds. Oooooh, or we could turn the server into dungeon and dragons Star Wars clone roleplay,  I will be CT PVT Mage Master Thy Fourth Ballbagimus Balthazar Primus.

How about halo rp

Banned
3 hours ago, Regional said:

Anyone going to play Sons of the forest when it drops? @Cannon

Im down to preorder if you are

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

Like chambers said sitting around as a person who doesn’t play anymore and complaining doesn’t help. The only way to help is to join back rejoin / join staff and see the amount of hard work and time people put into the server. Oh yea by the way all the extra staff stuff is BY CHOICE, I know this is shocking but uh no one gets paid for being staff. 

Like I have said before on my other thread. The time is now during this break for the people of the server to come together and really sit down and try to address and find and then solve the problems that the server has. There are many ways to do them but the best part about this is that the community for the most part decides on what gets added and what doesn’t. 

The time is now my fellow gamers to let your voice be heard and help solve the problem take action and help the community so many of us care for thrive!

like he said I keep the homie chambers on the happenings of the server my man knows what’s going on. He is the all seeing eye. 

• Agree 2
  • Winner 2

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

From my experience people would leave due to not being able to do anything.. like when i was Darman i would Jump around in CY for like 3 hours before something happened, and then when a event or encounter did happen they were extremely dull and boring they would repeat them selfs over and over due to lack og ideas. This was after the Sith removal when Chrome was Dark Lord there was so much shit to do, he wasnt an asshole like 90% of the people on this server, and he put alot of effort into Roleplay like alot.. honestly i think that was the golden time for the server, there was something to do, there was almost always roleplay.. if things would go back to how It was then i would definatly come back.

When i left the server was full.of people trying to start shit cuz they were bored.. they would always cause Drama and Spread lies

Now im not sure this is how It is now  atleast thats my thoughts on things.

18 hours ago, A-a-ron said:

Numbers are slowly going down in every battalion.

Im sorry what? Yes we have some battalions that are less active than others but where are you getting this information from?

Staff team numbers are also super fucking low. (65 people)

Just more indicative of people not wanting to staff b/c they would rather focus on their battalion / RP stuff.

Updates aren't coming out.
Content is dry and boring.

I will admit that updates take a while to come out, but this latest one has been hampered by the situation involving the prop packs needing to be fixed ASAP.
Also why complain about infrequent updates when you think the additions are boring? Just say updates suck or something along those lines.

High staff doesn't seem to care about keeping people interested in this server.

This is more of a view of them, I can't say you are right or wrong cause this is more opinionated than other arguments. I do believe that our high staff is trying their best to make the server better for everyone else. I am not involved in any of their discussions but this high staff team seems more motivated than other ones I've been under.

Getting rid of Battalions won't keep people interested and connecting to the server everyday.

I actually agree with this.

All of this is shown in how many people have been resigning lately.
A BCMD stepped down from his rank because the community is toxic and the server is garbage.

People resign all the time, regardless of rank and position. And also, in my experience, 9/10 times the person who resigns due to "toxicity" do it because they couldn't handle the criticisms of a position they where going for or the position they held.

19 hours ago, A-a-ron said:

When was the last time admins had to kick AFKs so people could join?

This week

19 hours ago, A-a-ron said:

At 3:15PM on a Friday you'd expect more then 40 people to deploy to event server during a full server deployment.

Most people ( as this is an NA based server ) are still in school or at work at 3:15 PM EST. Prime time is generally around 6 PM EST

I've said all I've needed to.

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

Can Y’all stop acting retard for like 3 seconds. Seriously.

@A-a-ron You could have said this in a way better way, and not caused a fucking war

@Sanchez Resident Stop reaching down to his level.

im not trying to be rude, but like come on. We are all adults here(Some of us). I think instead of arguing about how it’s dying. We develop a way to fix the issue. I find it best to not dwell on the past but work on the present, and focus on the future. If we really want this thing to survive. We can’t bitch to each other.

@Ron and @Phil Both gave the best bit of evidence in this entire post. Gmod is dying. Doesn’t matter if staff isn’t “doing” anything, or High Staff is “inactive”. That’s literally going on anywhere. The best thing we can do is work with the changes and try and work with it. Stop acting like shit heads, and look towards the problem.

Now I can agree with both sides. We need some more updates. If anything is gonna help us out. It’s working with the issues. We don’t need division right now. We need to come together 

• Agree 3

Former: Liaison

Honestly we shouldn’t be trying to argue about it we should be trying to find a way to keep the player base popping even in the holidays. Even though pop will always drop in the winter because of holidays we should always look for new ways to keep the pop always active and look for new things to have people having fun on the server

• Agree 1

Did you know that cats spend around 30 to 50 percent of their day grooming themselves. This behavior serves several purposes: It helps cats tone down their scent so they can avoid predators, it cools them down, it promotes blood flow, and it distributes natural oils evenly around their coat, allowing them to stay warm and dry. Grooming also serves as a sign of affection between two cats, and it’s thought that saliva contains enzymes that serve as a natural antibiotic for wounds.

• Funny 2
  • Winner 2
4 hours ago, Phil said:

Did you know that cats spend around 30 to 50 percent of their day grooming themselves. This behavior serves several purposes: It helps cats tone down their scent so they can avoid predators, it cools them down, it promotes blood flow, and it distributes natural oils evenly around their coat, allowing them to stay warm and dry. Grooming also serves as a sign of affection between two cats, and it’s thought that saliva contains enzymes that serve as a natural antibiotic for wounds.

image0.png

• Funny 1

To get a bit technical a such.

When a product is created it goes through a cycle;

Introduction 

Growth

Maturity

Decline

Gmod is declining. It has not aged well and not many young player play it or buy it.

Gmod has been competing with Tripper A games for years now, somehow chugging along.

But this ship is now sinking. If you look at the player count over the whole life of the game, it started dropping beginning of this year.

• Agree 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

23 hours ago, Ron said:

Ron's not wrong here.    Garry's Mod was in it's prime around 2009-2010 when Facepunch was kicking with all sorts of addons for Garry's Mod.      Facepunch was BOOMING at this point with so many addons and model packs being made for it.   The problem is that your working with an aging engine.

That being said,   Garry's Mod is not on death's door.   There's still a good chunk of people still playing it.    I have a feeling that there will be a renaissance in the future with Source 2.     

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

• Retired Founder

>HighStaff above directors don't care. wah wah

Here is the short, all the highstaff have actual lives outside of Gmod which take up a good amount of their schedules. Gmod doesn't pay the bills. It's hilarious how the people that are always complaining are the people with the most time, and the least effort amount of effort put towards to results. A community is run by everyone, if you want to fix it, be the change, don't just bitch on the forums. It does nothing at all champ.

I know you have been ripped apart already, but my short addition is basically this in tl;dr
You are the exact problem, shut up and change it. 

To round this all up, I will be doing something that brings me the upmost pleasure.
When players are around, after they stopped playing, and the only thing they provide is toxicity, negativity, or problems (like yourself). I simply help them out the door.
I will be helping you out the door A-A-ron. Goodbye.

Don't worry, these opinions come from many players in the community who prefer to remain anonymous. ;)

• Agree 2
  • Funny 6
  • Winner 8