Allow Go up one to be said

Pythin

Name:Pythin

RP Rank: Tech

Suggestion: Abolishing the Abolishment of the Go up one rule

Implementation: Allow it to be said because its now getting kind of ridiculous  when people say it and they get arrested for it. Like its a mistake, and is a rule that no one likes imp. I would say allow it to be brought back. its just something that gets people arrested for trying to promote someone for doing good. Like who cares what they say, The person being promoted is getting promoted. He did well.

Lore: Isnt really any lore. its just something we use to do all the time

Edited by Pythin
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Former: Liaison

+1 I might be biased as I was the one who got hit with the baton and lead to this request being made but yeah idk

I get that you don't want people to be lazy and just be like "uhh everyone go up one" since that's fail RP but since it was a rushed optional DB and they went straight to promos I didn't get a chance to make my list and I didn't want to miss my troopers' promo

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

3 minutes ago, Jagger said:

+1 I might be biased as I was the one who got hit with the baton and lead to this request being made but yeah idk

I get that you don't want people to be lazy and just be like "uhh everyone go up one" since that's fail RP but since it was a rushed optional DB and they went straight to promos I didn't get a chance to make my list and I didn't want to miss my troopers' promo

NO I want it to be said

• Management
Management

-1 I feel promotions as of late have sounded very professional due to the COs saying who got promoted and what rank they were promoted to.

• Agree 5

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Banned

-1 I mean you should not get arrested for it but you should not say go up one if you are  a CO just make you look bad and lazy

Edited by Jaydon

-1 what Marvel said

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

-1 it makes sense and I appreciate the extra effort the rule makes people put in. But ST the next time I say it accidentally don't bang me up. ❤️

Edited by BigZach

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

Alright so even if this passes i am still going to do my promos like a professional (say the rank they are going to and a reason) but if others are lazy as fuck and they have to say "go up one", Otherwise they will get a heart attack from being tired than i dont really care.

However i feel like arresting someone who uses it should be a 2nd thing to do. First there should be a warning from DB host and then if they won't fix it quickly AOS/Arrest. 

With that being said so i feel like this should stay a thing, but punishment for saying that should be different. 

Edited by Blaki
  • Agree 1

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

• Management
Management
18 minutes ago, Pythin said:

To Clear Something up. I just dont want people to get arrested for it. 

Like Im fine if it gets a warning then a AOS

I just dont think an immediate arrest is okay 

I think if it’s their first offense then they should be told to go back up and do it the right way. If they fail to do that then beat they ass

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

4 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I think if it’s their first offense then they should be told to go back up and do it the right way. If they fail to do that then beat they ass

I agree

but people just straight aos them

and I feel that’s just not cool

it should either be a warning or just allowed

-1. If your to lazy to keep track of your men and actually state what rank they are going to you shouldn't be a officer to begin with

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

"Go up 1"

"Go up 1 rank"

"Go up to sergeant"

Whose honestly gives a crap hows its said.... when i was cody it was always go up 1. And officer promos were professional.  Like. And if i did say go up 1. I fixed it in private comms.   Why? Because while enlisted ranks and sergeant ranks are great, its the officer promotions that should go all professional.  Bc its a HUGE achievement. Just bc you went from private to PFC doesnt mean i should have to because some stuck up to say "Private, great work, go up to Private FIRST CLASS :0  as i use to say. Why fix something that was never broken to begin with. 

+1 

And also instead. how about the warning and shit going on officer promotions (this goes for CSM to 2ndLT) 

• Agree 3

1. the ranks are on the wall infront of you

2. no commanding officer in the clone wars is going to tell their trooper to "go up one", they would recognize the dedication and effort on the battlefield, on and off, and make sure the trooper is aware of what rank they're promoted too

bolt

Banned

Yes I hate the rule right now it’s so stupid fat +1 

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

+1 Its Unfair For People To Just Get Bloody Arrested For Not Knowing All Their Mens Ranks

As A Battalion Can Have Alot Of People Its Nearly Impossible To Know All Of Them And Their Ranks Off By Heart

Edited by Pot

Hi I’m Pot

Current/Former: Child

Honestly sometimes you arent prepared and have to do stuff on the fly, For example if you forgot their rank like you looked at it but when it came time to do the promo your mind blanked i mean no one wants to wait 5 minutes for someone to look in the tab menu +1 remove this rule even tho its unprofessional to say go up one sometimes you just forget

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

3 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

I mean they even put all the ranks on the back wall of the debrief room

3 minutes ago, Darkk said:

Honestly sometimes you arent prepared and have to do stuff on the fly, For example if you forgot their rank like you looked at it but when it came time to do the promo your mind blanked i mean no one wants to wait 5 minutes for someone to look in the tab menu +1 remove this rule even tho its unprofessional to say go up one sometimes you just forget

Bruh ^

-`1 Put effort into promotions, it's really not that hard to not say go up one.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1
1 minute ago, Carter said:

Bruh ^

Wut .-. It happens to the best of us

Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Well yea but im talking about forgetting the troopers ranks, not forgetting the ranks in general. For example lets say bob was a pfc and he needed a promo so you check his rank and see its pfc. Then you get to the podium and your mind blanks you have forgotten bobs rank so you take 5 min to scroll through the tab menu

-1 you guys complain there isn't enough roleplay. When @Technodad goes up and gives his well detailed response to an event people complain. Saying go up one doesn't sound professional and I am sure if you watch star wars when jedi and clones are ranked up they don't just say go up one, they do a very detailed speech and recognize the efforts the trooper/jedi have achieved. I understand this is a semi-serious star wars server, but if you want events, debriefs, etc... to have better roleplay it stems from the officers being an example to their troopers.

Edited by Hayley
  • Disagree 1
35 minutes ago, Darkk said:

Well yea but im talking about forgetting the troopers ranks, not forgetting the ranks in general. For example lets say bob was a pfc and he needed a promo so you check his rank and see its pfc. Then you get to the podium and your mind blanks you have forgotten bobs rank so you take 5 min to scroll through the tab menu

The ranks are on the wall infront of the podium

1 minute ago, Bbstine said:

The ranks are on the wall infront of the podium

37 minutes ago, Darkk said:

^

Maybe Billiam was right, they player DON'T know what they want.

This gets brought up and debated so many times its dumb. The server will CRY AND COMPLAIN about how long DB's take, how long promos take, etc. but then as soon as someone tries to change something "Oh My gOd YoUrE rUiNiNg DebriEfsaisa{I"

It truly amazes me, how people care about someone saying "go up one", like really? That's your concern? Sad.

Second off, for those saying "it improves roleplay", if we have reached a point where someone saying "Go up to sergeant" is considered "roleplay", then you might as well just shut the whole thing down, because roleplay must be dead.

Third, the difference from saying "Go up one" and "<name here> go up to sergeant" is literally 2 words different. It does not matter.

Fourth, "Do it the professional way". Have you heard ANYONE on this server who promotes give a promotion? It is literally two seconds of "ya did good, go up to <rank>", there is NO PROFESSIONALISM in promotions. If there was, everyone would give rousing speeches, and coming from THE man who does them, I can fully say no one does it. So don't say "be professional".

+1

Unbelievable.

Edited by Washington
  • Disagree 1
  • Winner 1
Just now, Bbstine said:

not even the best quote from him

"The players are guests on our server"

its more accurate

The full phrase was

"The player's don't know what they want, the player's are guest on our server"

But I felt that the first half works better, since they don't know what they want

• Funny 1

Y'all who wanna promote with small words of encouragement even for enlisted and NCO's can still do that even if this is passed, I mean for real. I get maybe it doesn't sound too caring to say "go up one" but it's not much different than "go up to (so and so rank)" but it's a dumb rule and doesn't deserve an arrest in my opinion.

I'm personally not going to say it, but I don't think I care enough to stop people from saying it, with it being lazy or not. Whatever happens, happens.

+1 gang

signature_alt.png
𝓞𝓾𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓡𝓲𝓶 𝓒𝓻𝓾𝓲𝓼𝓮𝓻 𝟝𝟘𝟝𝟚 🢩

9 hours ago, Pot said:

+1 Its Unfair For People To Just Get Bloody Arrested For Not Knowing All Their Mens Ranks

As A Battalion Can Have Alot Of People Its Nearly Impossible To Know All Of Them And Their Ranks Off By Heart

the ranks are on the walls, it's a quick glimpse and promote

if they can't remember the rank of the player quickly check tab menu or look down at the player for their rank

bolt

7 hours ago, Darkk said:

takes me 5 seconds at most to find the battalion, another 2-3 to locate name and let go of tab key, and I haven't promoted even anyone in over a year because I haven't been an officer in over a year, plus there's TS which you don't even have to tab out for and will take another 4-5 seconds, very simple solutions.

bolt