Add Ima-Gun Di [[COUNCIL APPROVED]

• Retired Founder

Name: Forseen

Suggestion: Add Ima-Gun Di as a Jedi Master job.

So I know many of you might be saying. “He's dead already” or “He died in Phase 1” BUT I can counter that. Let me begin.

These are some characters who have died before our time frame and are in the server:

-Halsey died 20 BBY and he got added to the server.
-Colt and Havoc both died in phase 1, in 21 BBY but are still in the server 
-Echo is known to be dead or MIA in 21 BBY
-Tracer died in 22 BBY, same year Ima-Gun-Di Died.
-Dash 44 and Dash 29 Died in 21 BBY and are in the server.
-Ziro the Hutt is in the server, yes she's a event job but is in the server. She died in 21 BBY.
-All of Foxtrot Excpet for Gregor are dead

So after naming all these people who have died or are MIA, why not add in 1 more person who yes would be dead in our time frame BUT is a very cool lore character and is a respectful and fun character. He is a more appealing character then some of the other lore characters, like Eeth Koth, Keelyvine Reus, Saesee Tiin and Adi Gallia. He already has a model and I would say it is a VERY nice model
He has more lore then a lot of characters on the server. He would be freelance, which would be a more popular lore general cause said master can8 choose which battalion he wants to join. Ima-Gun-Di is a very interesting character lore wise because he was a Lightsaber instructor and was very tactical when placing his troops to attack.

Some of you might say, I might be the only Ima-Gun-Di if he gets added and when I leave the position no one will be him, but there will be someone. That will enjoy the character. You have characters like Saesee Tiin that nobody thought was gonna be filled but Newt took up the role and hasn't left it since. Quinlan Vos was opened for quite some time but as of late hasn't been open at all. Medic became Quinlan then Metro right after then Freck took up the role when Metro became Cin. So my point is even IF Ima-Gun-Di is open for a long time, someone will eventually take up the role and enjoy as much as I would if it would be in the server.

This suggestion was already approved by the council. 

Implementation: Insert job into F4 menu under the Jedi tab.

Lore:  https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ima-Gun_Di

Workshop content if applicable:  Pretty sure Joah has the model already, however it can be found. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700780874&searchtext=Ima-Gun-DI (He would need to be pulled out of this pack, just like all the others we have were.)

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Add Jedi Master Ima-Gun Di. 

Job: Ima-Gun Di (Jedi)

Slots: 1

Pay: 700 as per all Jedi masters. 

Description: Ima-Gun Di was a Force-sensitive Kajain'sa'Nikto male who was taken in by the Jedi Order and trained to become a Jedi.

Model: models/tfa/comm/gg/pm_sw_imagundi.mdl

Weapons: Eeth Koth's Lightsaber (Until one is made for him) weapon_lightsaber_eethkoth

Banned

+1

A fine addition to the collection

• Management
Management

Sorry, but in my honest opinion, just because there are several characters already on the server that are dead, doesn't mean we should just add more and more. We should be working on fixing these specific problems of dead characters on the server rather than adding onto it. 

If we go off this logic then let's just add Qui-Gon? How about making Anakin Episode 1 Anakin? Adding Keeli's Unit since Ima-Gun Di would be on the server?

• Agree 6
  • Winner 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

3 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Sorry, but in my honest opinion, just because there are several characters already on the server that are dead, doesn't mean we should just add more and more. We should be working on fixing these specific problems of dead characters on the server rather than adding onto it. 

If we go off this logic then let's just add Qui-Gon? How about making Anakin Episode 1 Anakin? Adding Keeli's Unit since Ima-Gun Di would be on the server?

-1 this really isn't needed and will just keep allowing more dead characters in the future.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Retired Founder
25 minutes ago, Alexz said:

Qui-Gon died before the Clone Wars. Anakin was not a child in the Clone Wars. Keeli's Company would be a stupid suggestion, what's the point of adding another unit when we just removed/added others?

This is simply asking to ONE other Jedi Character to the list. We currently have a full council and a lot of current jedi do have the potential of moving up to master. With Tiplar and Tiplee not having their models added back into the server, I figured this would be a good time for this.

The character itself also offers interesting Roleplay as a character with some lore behind it and is one that a lot of the current council members and other members of the jedi would like to be able to have the chance to roleplay as in the future.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
2 minutes ago, Forseen said:

Qui-Gon died before the Clone Wars. Anakin was not a child in the Clone Wars. Keeli's Company would be a stupid suggestion, what's the point of adding another unit when we just removed/added others?

This is simply asking to ONE other Jedi Character to the list. We currently have a full council and a lot of current jedi do have the potential of moving up to master. With Tiplar and Tiplee not having their models added back into the server, I figured this would be a good time for this.

The character itself also offers interesting Roleplay as a character with some lore behind it and is one that a lot of the current council members and other members of the jedi would like to be able to have the chance to roleplay as in the future.

where did you quote that from me, I never said that? That was Marvel lol. 

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

1 hour ago, Forseen said:

-Ziro the Hutt is in the server, yes she's a event job but is in the server. She died in 21 BBY.

Excuse me!

DID YOU JUST ASSUME Ziro's gender, twas a male.

• Funny 1

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

I don’t understand where people jumped the bandwagon where they +1 poof a suggestion that was highly controversial but -1 this one cuz he is dead, our lore is all over the damn place so let’s Just take our horse to the old town road and ride til we can’t no more thank you 

+1 

• Winner 1

+1 I like his character and I wish more was elaborated with him, maybe Keeli Company will get added in the future if stuff is boppin! Who knows?  Sky is the limit, I guess in this case you could say the edge of the galaxy is the limit.

2 hours ago, Jayarr said:

+1

A fine addition to the collection

Would also like to say I enjoy your signature quite a lot. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

Good idea, I'll make a keeli's unit suggestion now.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

I'll give my hesitant +1.

I feel like this will be a role taken at first but then after resignation of the first person to play it, it'll fall out of favor and eventually be decided to be removed by council. Ima Gun Di is on of the lesser "cool" roles to play so I do hope you guys will be able to keep it filled.

2 hours ago, Forseen said:

Confused as to why you +1'd Poof if this is how you feel?

I plus 1’d poof for the meme, And didn’t really understand everything going on. If I could go back and -1 it I would.

• Winner 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Agreeing with Jax. There’s been a recent cycle of added Jedi things and their removal not even a month later. In my eyes this should really be stopped however, because it’s something that can be easily implemented with little server strain, I’ll give a +1 with the hope tag it’ll stay 

Thing is why does council keep approving these things like isn’t there atleast 1 person on the council who thinks like this? Or is the council just mindless accepting every character suggestion. Worrying to say the least.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

29 minutes ago, Nade Jones said:

Thing is why does council keep approving these things like isn’t there atleast 1 person on the council who thinks like this? Or is the council just mindless accepting every character suggestion. Worrying to say the least.

We think about people who would actually want it, but there are people that all have different taste and we get new councils members all the time it’s the way the server goes but rn we have 0 named master spots available so we r tryin to open some more doors up or they can be like me and Love being Ja’Baku who needs to be a named master when u can be more like  me !

Edited by JaBaku
Just now, JaBaku said:

We think about people who would actually want it, but there are people that all have different taste and we get new councils members all the time it’s the way the server goes but rn we have 0 named master spots available so we r tryin to open some more doors up or they can be like me and Love being Ja’Baku who needs to be a named master when u can be more like  me !

Yeah but you gotta think for the future yeah all the positions are full now but for the majority of times they won’t be so opening a bunch of doors that won’t be touched in a few months ain’t so good.

It’s pretty much long term solutions for short term problems...

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

• Retired Founder
7 minutes ago, Nade Jones said:

Yeah but you gotta think for the future yeah all the positions are full now but for the majority of times they won’t be so opening a bunch of doors that won’t be touched in a few months ain’t so good.

It’s pretty much long term solutions for short term problems...

I can tell you, as someone who has been a member of the Jedi Council for the majority of the time the server has been up, Ima-Gun Di has always been one that has been desired by players and members of not only council but the order.

Banned

If we can't have Keelyvine, we can't have Ima-Gun Di >:(

• Winner 1

r4ymo.gif

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Agreeing with Jax. There’s been a recent cycle of added Jedi things and their removal not even a month later. In my eyes this should really be stopped however, because it’s something that can be easily implemented with little server strain, I’ll give a +1 with the hope tag it’ll stay 

In what I've seen, that's a false statement. I looked through it myself, and the last sughestion pushed through to pending was Poof, and the last suggestion for jedi that was accepted was to add personal sabers to named masters. (That was December 31st btw.)

Same as with battalions, as jedi leadership you should be expecting changes and suggestions put in. The thing about some of the reason characters that have really sold the character is that their model is already in the server packs, which is a majority of why it was passed.

I'm personally not sure why so many people are -1ing because of the dead character thing. One thing that was brought up by Marvel is that we should be fixing all the dead characters that have piled up, and while I can understand that, nobody is going to push for these removals, least of all himself.

With that in mind, why block a character with more lore than an entire battalion? Ima Gun Di can provide good roleplay to the server, which is lacking from most everybody on the server.

Edited by Thexan

From my point, why is it so important to you if he is dead, didnt you see Keeli and his company with Ima Gun Di, it would be a freaking honor to serve and have him on the server, I mean that was probably the best and saddest scene of the season, If there is a person to uphold his glory, the character wont die, hell even if they add Keeli company rofl

Massive +1, I served under Gun Di on another server, I want to serve again

-1 the jedi has kept making post for dead jedi masters for a while just be happy with the ones the server has already 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

• Retired Founder
21 minutes ago, [SR]KillJoy[SA] said:

-1 the jedi has kept making post for dead jedi masters for a while just be happy with the ones the server has already 

@[SR]KillJoy[SA] Please read the below statement, posted in the comments of this very post.

5 hours ago, Thexan said:

In what I've seen, that's a false statement. I looked through it myself, and the last suggestion pushed through to pending was Poof, and the last suggestion for jedi that was accepted was to add personal sabers to named masters. (That was December 31st btw.)

Also, to add to this... The last master denied before Keelyvine, was Poof and that was without Council approval?

I don't know anyone in the Jedi Council other than the suggestions for Keelyvine (who was alive during the clone wars) and Poof (which was accepted) who has made a suggestion for the addition of a master? 

Edited by Forseen
15 minutes ago, Forseen said:

@[SR]KillJoy[SA] Please read the below statement, posted in the comments of this very post.

Also, to add to this... The last master denied before Keelyvine, was Poof and that was without Council approval?

I don't know anyone in the Jedi Council other than the suggestions for Keelyvine (who was alive during the clone wars) and Poof (which was accepted) who has made a suggestion for the addition of a master? 

Poof got pending not accepted 

+1 - we have tons of Jedi Knight 4 and 5s who I know are definitely ready to become masters. And our council is already full of the named masters. Adding another master will open a slot for a new master to have a named character, and also work within a battalion. This is not only beneficial to the new master, but is also beneficial to a specific battalion.

• Agree 1
40 minutes ago, [SR]KillJoy[SA] said:

It is our duty as a VIP Branch of the server to keep it refreshing, next time you ask for new models or even a new class buff the argument can simply be "be happy with what you have."

It's a silly argument to tell us to be happy with what we have, as long as the server can be improved we'll adapt with it.

• Agree 3

Ok, hear me out. How about we remove the dead that you stated. 

Actually though. I'm going to +1 this, for the reason of: I dont see why not. Yes, lore death is important, but if people want it then as I said before, i dont see why it would be a bad thing

• Agree 1

As Joah said "I am sick of this back and forth shit with the council". Make sure you guys are actually going to keep this position and not butt fuck it around.

Also is named characters are always filled, either make it harder to get them or something. Adding some snake looking dude just so some masters can get a named character doesn't sound like a good idea. Fucks sakes.

1 hour ago, Blueberry Juice said:

As Joah said "I am sick of this back and forth shit with the council". Make sure you guys are actually going to keep this position and not butt fuck it around.

Also is named characters are always filled, either make it harder to get them or something. Adding some snake looking dude just so some masters can get a named character doesn't sound like a good idea. Fucks sakes.

Well this “snake lookin dude” is someone new and help with masters that want a named master position and help with roleplay and let someone try something new 

22 hours ago, Forseen said:

Pretty sure that Ziro wasnt a female but thats a little off topic. 

Anyways +1! 

Ive always been confused with the servers timeline. As you said people like Colt and all those people died but yet they are still on the server so yeah 

+1 From Me!

• Agree 2

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Retired Founder
14 hours ago, GM-3022 Havok said:

If we're going by this logic can we please add:

Qui Gon Jin

Clone Commander Ponds

Clone 99

Captain Keeli

Jango Fett

Pong Krell

Because Lore can go to hell amirite?

As already stated, a LOT of “lore characters” on the server, would not be alive either, so obviously lore isn’t one of the biggest concerns?

I mean we have Sith during the Clone Wars so our timeline is pretty borked, but in all honesty Ima Gun Di is my all-time favorite Jedi, when I did my Padawan trials 6 months ago I put my favorite lore Jedi as Ima Gun Di even though he wasn't on the server. 

Big +1 from me

THE TWI'LEKS LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY!!!

8 hours ago, Forseen said:

As already stated, a LOT of “lore characters” on the server, would not be alive either, so obviously lore isn’t one of the biggest concerns?

You see the problem is, if this gets passed, then it basically gives everyone the green light to fuck lore in the ass and bring dead characters back from the grave. I bet you if this gets accepted, by this time next month, everyone is going to be asking for dead lore characters to be reanimated because we bought master di back didn't we?

14 minutes ago, GM-3022 Havok said:

You see the problem is, if this gets passed, then it basically gives everyone the green light to fuck lore in the ass and bring dead characters back from the grave. I bet you if this gets accepted, by this time next month, everyone is going to be asking for dead lore characters to be reanimated because we bought master di back didn't we?

That my friend is 100% true. Accepting this will set a precedent that we don’t want.

• 4 months later...