[DIRECTORS] Allow call outs during debrief [READ FIRST]

Alfa

Name: Alfa

Suggestion: Allow Troopers to call out others during debrief.

Reasoning:

BTW THIS SHOULD ALWAYS BE DONE IN CHARACTER 

Okay first off I want to say, if someone is straight up disrespecting someone to the point that it becomes straight up bullying then ya arrest that mofo but if they have a valid ROLEPLAY reason then they should be allowed to express themselves. 

But why are we silencing ourselves from what truly has happened. If a 212th mofo straight up kills a 501st in battle, why the hell ain't we gonna talk about it, seems like its something that should be discussed in a debrief. If someone wasn't doing their job the right way they should be called out so that they can improve for next time. Not only would this make debriefs much more interesting but it would also bring an essence to roleplay. Imagine a 501st gets called out by a 41st, and then 41st CO can have a PTS and justify the callout.

Debriefs are boring as hell now,

Naval: Any Commanding officer PTS?
Commanding Officer: shout out to this person and that person
Naval PTS: Shout out to this guy and this guy
Jedi: BLAH BLAH BLAH SHOUT OUT TO THIS GUY AND THAT GUY
WO+ PTS: SHOUT OUT TO battalion #1 and #2 FOR DEFENDING MHB

Okay so now for everyone's favorite part in debreif....
*repeat*

HARD PILL TO SWALLOW: No one cares about your shoutouts.

Literally, everyone's main reason to attend debrief is to get promoted but in reality it can be turned into a whole passive scenario in itself. I don't want people's favorite part of debrief to be promotions, I want to callout a mofo for doing some dumb shiz and have them clap back. 

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1
Banned

Everyone confuses in-character banter for disrespect. +1

Edited by Jumes

r4ymo.gif

• Coordinator
Coordinator

+1

-1. This is just going to trigger the idiots and create drama. I am 100% behind telling people they shot someone or that they did something wrong. I would be ok if the rule was adapted, but allowing people to yeet on people and call them out and embarrass they ass in-front of an entire DB is inviting people to feel some type of way about the community and the server as a whole. Imagine being a relatively new player, lets say an NCO and you mess up flying a LAAT or you killed people because of lag. You have to deal with the initial backlash, which can already ruin events or cause outrage that an entire TS channel will hear about, but then you gotta get rimed by the whole DB and make that fuck up public. If I was younger, emotional, or someone who has something going on, then I wouldn't continue to play. Why should we allow every person on the server responsible or not to possibly ruin someone fun. 

AGAIN I AM NOT SAYING THAT THE RULE SHOULDN'T CHANGE AND I KNOW PEOPLE ARE GOING TO SAY THAT PEOPLE NEED TO STOP BEING SNOWFLAKES AND TAKE THE INTERNET SO SERIOUSLY, BUT WE'RE ALL HERE TO HAVE FUN. THE SERVER IS NOT AT THE LEVEL WHERE WE CAN DESTROY PEOPLE FOR DOING SOMETHING WRONG. That will just bring us to the "is the server serious rp or not" conversation. 

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

I can see the point, I just feel that people can't be trusted with leniency on this. There's always going to be a line between criticisms and insults, and I feel that those who get up and say "HEY, 501st, YOU GUYS SUCKIN' FUCK AND ARE A BUNCH OF INCOMPETENT RETARDS" will use the allowed callouts as a safety net if they get in trouble.

And, eh... there's kind of already ways to criticize people without breaking the rule.

If this does get accepted, I hope it's at least made very clear that being straight up disrespectful will still get you in trouble. But as for me, I'll put it to a -1. Just feel it's not needed if anything.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

-1 - This is bound to cause more drama between people, guaranteed. If a complaint is necessary take it to the commanding officer of that battalion and deal with it civilly instead of being childish and calling people out. 

Edited by Chop
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Not a Medal of Valour recipient 

I can see where everyone is coming from when it comes to things like this as you can almost always branch it into "They should not take the game seriously" but ultimately if you have someone to complain about most Battalions have a set way of reporting those in their Battalions and so that option should always be sought out first rather then just calling them out publicly for something that could simply be solved privately due to this I am going to -1 this.

+1 and not one of the bandwagon ones either, my reasoning behind supporting this is, it simply allows debrief to be spiced up. 

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

-1 I know you guys are trying to spice up debrief but this would cause a lot of unnecessary drama. Yeah if someone accidentally shoots someone then talk to that person after Debrief don’t call him out and embarrass him. Also think of battalion reputation what if naval  opened sky gate freely for general grievous and count doily to enter, then get called out in debrief for this stupid act, just like when you guys allowed anyone to enter the ship. This is my reason 

Edited by Arroyo

People -1ing are the ones that are scared of being called out rip

The thing is, It is not insulting/causing drama if you say “Yeah that 212th flew a laat into like 5 people and killed them well done.”  

That is what that callout part is. It is not a controversial drama starter.

Edited by Stern
  • Friendly 1

Honestly, this’ll be entertaining but I feel like if a new guy is called out he/she would become embarrassed and more likely to leave. In the end it’s the player choice to call them out or not. -1 Yeah this ain’t such a good idea 

Edited by Snadvich
1 hour ago, Stern said:

People -1ing are the ones that are scared of being called out rip

The thing is, It is not insulting/causing drama if you say “Yeah that 212th flew a laat into like 5 people and killed them well done.”  

That is what that callout part is. It is not a controversial drama starter.

So because I -1 a suggestion that will from my personal experience only cause more drama I am the one that’s afraid of being called out? Quite opposite in fact, I don’t want people to look like idiots by calling out people constantly in public db when there is no need to.

-1 because this WILL cause drama that is unneeded.

• Agree 2

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

Ok how I feel is if this dies becomes a thing it will start with arguments in the middle of debrief that will then carry over to other RP/TS/OOC. I wish it would not, but It will because people get thier "feelings" hurt and they bitch. Adding on to that when people feel that someone disrespected them they call an AOS and then CG have to deal with your bullshit "feelings". CG then have to make a call on if you where bullying or not and what we think/do about it may and will piss a lot of people off.

"Reee he was not picking on him reee." "Reee Yes he was he said im and idiot reee." "Reee dont arrest him for that reee."

Add this if yall want it I wont stand in the way I just feel its more shit CG have to deal with on top of all the other shit.

/me makes Une edit the CG bible because new rules got added for the 16th time this month and that shits out of date.

Update: -1 This is more stuff for CG to have to deal with that is not needed. You should not call someone out when you can just talk to them in game or in TS one on one like an adult.

Edited by Shakes.
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly 1

I get it but honestly calling out anyone in public is never good, first of all the person may feel humiliated or something along the lines which will create a responce, If you have a critique its always better to let the person/people known in private, publically addressing mistakes and fault will always cause a reaction from the other party which will probably be in OOC which just causes more drama. The briefing room is a professional setting and shouldn't really be for call outs, but thats just my opinion

• Agree 1

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

+1, I agree, this is a Serious RP Server, People Fucking up during engagements would be called out on every debriefing! This Would have to be in character and only done ONCE! If someone already called the person out for fucking up. Well You're too late. If its only said once, everything should be fine, and NOT Considered Bullying.

• Agree 1

I am reading a few comments stating that they are staying quite when they have been Team Killed why do you need to call them out in Debrief? Why not go to the Battalions CO who was on at the time and make them aware of it most battalions have a way of dealing with all that.

It will ultimately add more onto CG in that you then have to define what is considered to be over the top and what isn't so that CG have a clear guidline of what is allowed and what isn't and overall I just think that it is giving people a safety net to just blanket over anything they say in Debrief.

This isn't about people "Hurting people's feelings" It is about if this does go through A] Why aren't people already going through the apropriate means of communication that a Battalion sets up to report something about an individual that requires them to call one person out in Debrief
and B] What guidlines are going to be set up to stop someone going over the top and will help CG out in defining whether someone should be arrested or not

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

All I see on the 2nd page of this is "This will cause more drama reee drama reee"

Bruh

Drama happens almost everyday at this point. Not like anything is gonna change. Drama is what you define it as. If calling someone out because they fucked up then so help me Lord you need thicker skin. Life ain't all sunshine and rainbows boys and girls. People will call you out for shit your entire damn life. Better you learn what it feels like here and get a taste of it then get clapped on your ass the first time someone gets in your face.

+1 Make Debriefs Great Again

Edited by Tristan
On 11/1/2018 at 11:55 PM, Quill Khan said:

If I was younger, emotional, or someone who has something going on, then I wouldn't continue to play.

I am younger, and emotional, but I haven't left the server yet, and ohh boy in the early icefuse days I was hit with so much insults, whether it be for in character or PT, but I never left the server.

( @Zander and @Tomas know the PT, lol, without discipline and criticism about stuff, I wouldn't be on the server right now, and people need to learn from mistakes through this, count this as an add on to my approval of this post earlier )

Edited by Bolt

bolt

7 hours ago, Bolt said:

I am younger, and emotional, but I haven't left the server yet, and ohh boy in the early icefuse days I was hit with so much insults, whether it be for in character or PT, but I never left the server.

( @Zander and @Tomas know the PT, lol, without discipline and criticism about stuff, I wouldn't be on the server right now, and people need to learn from mistakes through this, count this as an add on to my approval of this post earlier )

That's great, but that might not be the majority.

Banned

+1

+1, Let’s drop some spicy tea, sis.

• Funny 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

I am all for call outs but this will create some intense butt hurt. Plus bullying is subjective. You could call me a god damned retard and I would agree, however, someone else might lose their shit and reeeeeee all the way to kingdom come. Now I am not saying calling someone a retard is a proper call out but I can see the butt hurt coming a mile away even if said call out was constructive criticism.  NEUTRAL. 

• 2 weeks later...