Trauma's Unit Battalion Suggestion

Duck

Ok, so the reason for this suggestion is due to this suggestion

Many argued and complained it made no sense for Rancor to be in charge of All ARF on the server, so I decided to make a suggestion that would be a decent compromise. With this suggestion Rancor would no longer be in charge of ARF, however I do hope every battalion would still get battalionized ARF Jobs.

Name:

Duck/Armand Isard

Suggestion:

Addition of Trauma’s Unit(ARF Battalion)

Implementation:
Add Trauma’s unit as a ARF battalion. With this addition Battalion Commanders would have to choose ARFL. In order for a ARFL to give a trooper a ARF position he most bring his nomination to a Officer in Trauma’s Unit(Doesn't have to be Trauma) At which point the Officer must approve of this nomination. This is to keep a stronger grip on ARF Troopers due to them all getting RPS-6. If a ARF Trooper were to fuck up, the ARFL of the battalion and the Trauma Unit Officer (that Approved the Trooper) would both be held at fault. ARFL Will still be held accountable to report to Trauma at least once every 2 weeks.(Let it be through discord messages or TS).Trauma can host mandatory ARF Trainings unless there is a dispute between Trauma and one of the Involved BCMDs.

Lore:

http://clonewars.wikia.com/wiki/Trauma%27s_unit

He died in 21 bby, either meaning he died just before(Months before) the implementation of phase 2 armor. Or He did in fact actually die during phase 2.

Workshop content if applicable:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1309424203

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change:
Add

Job:
Commander Trauma

Model:
models/player/clone/trauma.mdl

Weapons:

tfa_swch_dc15a

tfa_dc15s_ashura

Tfa_sw_dc17dual

Tfa_swch_clonelauncher

Other:

"Trauma" was the nickname of a ARF clone trooper commander in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Around 21 BBY, he fought alongside the Jedi Halsey and his Padawan Knox at the planet Devaron's Temple of Eedit.

Add or Change:
Add

Job:
Trauma’s Unit Officer

Model:
models/player/cmd/cmd.mdl

Weapons:

tfa_swch_dc15a

tfa_dc15s_ashura

Tfa_sw_dc17dual

Tfa_swch_clonelauncher

Other:

ARF Troopers, formally known as Advanced Recon Force Troopers, were specialized clone troopers who served during the Clone Wars. Their jobs included scouting and participating in recon missions.In terms of equipment, ARF troopers were often provided with Blaster Rifles and missile launchers along with thermal detonators. They wore also a light weight recon armor made of plastoid material.

Add or Change:
Add

Job:
Trauma’s Unit Scout Sniper

Model:
models/player/vcmd/vcmd.mdl

Weapons:

tfa_swch_dc15a

tfa_dc15s_ashura

Tfa_sw_repsnip (In the replace of the RPS-6)

Other:

ARF Troopers, formally known as Advanced Recon Force Troopers, were specialized clone troopers who served during the Clone Wars. Their jobs included scouting and participating in recon missions.In terms of equipment, ARF troopers were often provided with Blaster Rifles and missile launchers along with thermal detonators. They wore also a light weight recon armor made of plastoid material.

Add or Change:
Add

Job:
Trauma’s Unit Support Trooper

Model:
models/player/ltn_desert/ltn_desert.mdl

Weapons:

tfa_swch_dc15a

tfa_dc15s_ashura

Zeus_thermaldet

zeus_smokegranade

Other:

Add or Change:
Add

Job:
Trauma’s Unit Trooper

Model:
models/player/sgt/sgt.mdl

Weapons:

tfa_swch_dc15a

tfa_dc15s_ashura

Tfa_swch_clonelauncher

Other:

ARF Troopers, formally known as Advanced Recon Force Troopers, were specialized clone troopers who served during the Clone Wars. Their jobs included scouting and participating in recon missions.In terms of equipment, ARF troopers were often provided with Blaster Rifles and missile launchers along with thermal detonators. They wore also a lightweight recon armor made of plastoid material.

Add or Change:
Add

Job:
Trauma’s Unit Trainee

Model:
models/reizer_cgi_p2/clone_arf/clone_arf.mdl

Weapons:

tfa_swch_dc15a

tfa_dc15s_ashura

Other:

ARF Troopers, formally known as Advanced Recon Force Troopers, were specialized clone troopers who served during the Clone Wars. Their jobs included scouting and participating in recon missions.In terms of equipment, ARF troopers were often provided with Blaster Rifles and missile launchers along with thermal detonators. They wore also a lightweight recon armor made of plastoid material.

I'm going to state the reason for each job.
Trauma- Trauma is one of(If not the only) known ARF Commanders, so it would make sense for Trauma to have his unit with him in here if we were to do a ARF Battalion.

Trauma’s Unit Officer-Almost every battalion need a Officer Job

Trauma’s Unit Scout sniper- So it makes sense in exchange for a RPS, the ARF Troopers have a trooper who can over watch them with a Republic Sniper(In exchange for a RPS)

Trauma’s Unit Support Trooper - So in Lore ARF Troopers were known to use Thermal Dets, however I added smokes cause this can help mask there movements if they were to be caught. They would get this Utility equipment in exchange for their RPS.

Trauma’s Unit Trooper- Pretty simple in it self

Trauma's Unit Trainee- This is so When PVTS come into the battalion they dont start with RPS-6

Why Do I think this will succeed

I believe this will succeed because in the past before(from the server we previously came from) it had succeed, actually having one of the most numbers on the server. The reason it was removed was due to the Battalion Commanders Minginess. This battalion Has the Model Appeal, and Equipment Appeal(Armor looks nice and they get nice weapons). They provide great utility and arent too broken.

Last of all, battalion bonus. I think the battalion over all should get a 20% run-speed bonus.

20% run-speed bonus will boost the base run-speed from 240 to 288(giving a bonus 48 points). If you think this to fast they can still be easily outran by CG's base run-speed is 350. I believe they should get this big of a run-speed bonus due to them being a Type of Trooper that should excel in recon. However this bonus could still be discussed if this suggestion was accepted. The only important suggestion of this post is the Battalion itself

Edited by Duck
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

After looking at this suggestion I think it's the best of both worlds +1

• Agree 1
  • Founder
Founder

+1 Seems like a good thought out plan.

4 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

Neutral on this. Lorewise trauma is dead in our time (-1 cause it wouldn't make sense)

But i really really like the idea on adding things. (+1)

See, I would of put just "ARF battalion" Or anything else. But I felt it had to be trauma. Due to these facts.

Hes the only known ARF Commander
He died during Phase 2.(Or just before it)

As I said Trauma died in 21 BBY, The same year in which Phase 2 Armor began to started to be used as the standard armor

Edited by Duck
Just now, Duck said:

See, I would of put just "ARF battalion" Or anything else. But I felt it had to be trauma. Due to these facts.

Hes the only known ARF Commander
He died during Phase 2.(Or just before it)

I knoooow, i've been on other servers where ARF and ARC where two separate battalions, they did great. 

Buuuuut Trauma got oofed when Savage was introduced. 

Trauma being dead is not a valid point against this, quite a bit of troopers we use now are dead but we shrug and keep going forward.

What if instead of making it an entire new Battalion why not make it a unit off RANCOR similar to Keller's Unit (RIP) where they train out of Battalion troopers and Trauma has full authority over them as Commander while Blitz/Havoc/Hammer just make sure nothing goes crazy. The unit wouldn't have to interact with RANCOR unless beneficial, otherwise they do their ow thing.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

-1 dont need another battalion after 2 were just removed 

• Agree 1
Banned

If this is added I recommend you letting me make new models, I highly dislike these ones and they even have a 212th and 501st ARF in there. That is not good.

• Agree 1
9 minutes ago, woeny23 said:

-1 dont need another battalion after 2 were just removed 

612th

6 minutes ago, Jayarr said:

If this is added I recommend you letting me make new models, I highly dislike these ones and they even have a 212th and 501st ARF in there. That is not good.

@Duck i reccomen u take jayarr up on this his models are dank

+1 to this battalion! This is a very well thought out post and it should provide another dynamic to getting "Elite" jobs that could be added to every battalion!

48 minutes ago, Jayarr said:

Please do, Jayarr makes some amazing models and some of those that you linked look pretty garbo 

+1, Rancor currently isn't in the best position to be adding more responsibilities to themselves as the battalion isn't in a good state right now, nothing against Rancor I love them and they're my second favorite battalion I just think with the current state of Rancor this will be useful if we want ARF to function correctly - Acorn/Rex

7 hours ago, Jayarr said:

I agree I dont really like the 212th one, however there isnt a 501st one in there. The rest of them(Except for trauma) have a nice black and grey color digital color scheme to them, which is supported by this http://clonewars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_ARF_Trooper_Lieutenant_(Teth) and this http://clonewars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_ARF_Trooper_(Teth)

However I would highly like if you could remake the Support Troopers model(212th ARF model) to something else that would match the others color schemes. Also if you could redo the ARF officer(however quite bit of individuals like this skin) due to red really making it stick out from the color scheme of the others.

15 minutes ago, Vires said:

-1 tbh Trauma is already dead at this point and why are we going to remove a recon battalion to add another recon battalion? Seems just as pointless in my opinion.

Not gonna say anything about the trauma part, as many others already said stuff about it. And I also stated it in my main post

However I will dispute that recon thing. I originally brought to joah to replace 91st with ARF. 91st didn't fail "cause they were recon" They failed due to their battalion having no appeal. Their armor was basic. Their jobs were basic. There Battalions Specialty(Speeders) couldn't be used on the ship, or even outside the ship.
When you compare 91st to any other Recon batt. It was really on the bottom of the list when it came to "Having unique aspects."

ARF provide a much better overall Recon battalion. It has fantastic armor that can be customized many ways. It has jobs that get decent load-outs. Ex:Sniper,Thermal Dets, and rps(Which is supported by lore). Although there rockets cant be used in the ship, it can still be used in Sims and to shot at objects outside the ship. This battalion also allows for a proper structure for battalion ARF. Instead of having rules that depend on each different battalion.

Edited by Duck
49 minutes ago, Vires said:

-1 tbh Trauma is already dead at this point and why are we going to remove a recon battalion to add another recon battalion? Seems just as pointless in my opinion.

Well I can already tell you that its NOT gonna be a dead battalion. The reason is because to be an ARF trooper they have to train you like ARC do. But I dont know why they remove 2 battalion and a new one :/

• Agree 1

Adding on to this suggestion. Someone brought to my attention a important detail about this.

If the ARF Officer(Of trauma's unit) denies a person ARF, and the ARFL of that battalion feels the officer is being unfair/bias than the ARFL at that point can take it up to the regimental(Senior if no regimental). If the regimental of that sector approves of said person being ARF than they are put on a trial week for ARF. However with this addition, a ARFL of a battalion should not go above Trauma's Unit every time someone is denied ARF, only when they feel it is completely unfair/bias. If a ARFL is abusing this option than Trauma can have a chat with Regimentals+ to possibly remove this ARFL and the BCMD of that battalion has to choose another ARFL

Edited by Duck

If we do add it don't name it Traumas group or whatever cause he is dead and wouldn't be lore. I do like the idea of Rancor split into 2 because ARC and ARF. Until my issues are addressed I'm gonna -1 due to the issue with just removing 2 battalions.

• Disagree 1
34 minutes ago, AlextheConqustidor said:

If we do add it don't name it Traumas group or whatever cause he is dead and wouldn't be lore. I do like the idea of Rancor split into 2 because ARC and ARF. Until my issues are addressed I'm gonna -1 due to the issue with just removing 2 battalions.

Hitting on that, Trauma is the only known ARF Commander. He died right at the beginning of phase 2. making him more lore friendly than plenty of things on the ship. As for Rancor. I really dont like a battalion being responsible for both, as I don't think they can handle it(No offense to them).  Also there is no where at all in which rancor, in lore, controlled ARF.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for removing 2 battalions, here's the thing.
Both were removed for there own issues.The big problems for them wasn't really "there's too many battalions on the ship", it was more they had internal struggles and/or no appeal to them.

However 327th Couldn't keep numbers - the constant changing/leaving of there officers

91st- They had nothing special about them except for "Buzz light year" and Speeders(In which they could only use on event server. So they essentially never used them).
With ARF, they would essentially be replacing the 91st in the Recon Regiment. ARF as ive stated would have a purpose and could actually potentially get numbers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although there are quite a bit of battalions on the server, I believe a ARF Battalion could still work. As there are a total of 13 "Battalions" On the server(Including Naval and jedi). Which would mean in a perfect world that's 8 split between each battalion.Which obviously wouldn't happen however, it means there is still potential there for each battalion to have more than 4 members online at one time (Which in my book marks them as active)

Edited by Duck
1 minute ago, Duck said:

Hitting on that, Trauma is the only known ARF Commander. He died right at the beginning of phase 2. making him more lore friendly than plenty of things on the ship. As for Rancor. I really dont like a battalion being responsible for both, as I don't think they can handle it(No offense to them).  Also there is no where at all in which rancor, in lore, controlled ARF.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for removing 2 battalions, here's the thing.
Both were removed for there own issues.The big problems for them wasn't really "there's too many battalions on the ship", it was more they had internal struggles and/or no appeal to them.

However 327th Couldn't keep numbers - the constant changing/leaving of there officers

91st- They had nothing special about them except for "Buzz light year" and Speeders(In which they could only use on event server. So they essentially never used them).
With ARF, they would essentially be replacing the 91st in the Recon Regiment. ARF as ive stated would have a purpose and could actually potentially get numbers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although there are quite a bit of battalions on the server, I believe a ARF Battalion could still work. As there are a total of 13 "Battalions" On the server(Including Naval and jedi). Which would mean in a perfect world that's 8 split between each battalion.Which obviously wouldn't happen however, it means there is still potential there for each battalion to have more than 4 members online at one time (Which in my book marks them as active)

I think by adding them you are gonna kill of Rancor and there numbers. There whole system is based off ARF recruits later turning into ARC through training 

• Disagree 1
2 minutes ago, AlextheConqustidor said:

I think by adding them you are gonna kill of Rancor and there numbers. There whole system is based off ARF recruits later turning into ARC through training 

Which, and I quote Joah cause he said the same thing, "That is stupid". If ARF was added to Rancor that system would have to be removed anyways. You shouldnt have to be ARF to become a ARC trooper. That is not lore friendly and honestly some what retarded. ARF is no where near like ARC. This is why Joah suggested and even was willing to add a Rancor Trainee Job. Through the Rancor Trainee Job the Trooper would train to become one of the branches ARF or ARC(Even if my suggestion got added Rancor would keep there ARF Jobs however recruits becoming ARF when they joined the battalion would get removed)

Edited by Duck
On 2/22/2018 at 8:22 PM, Duck said:

However I will dispute that recon thing. I originally brought to joah to replace 91st with ARF. 91st didn't fail "cause they were recon" They failed due to their battalion having no appeal. Their armor was basic. Their jobs were basic. There Battalions Specialty(Speeders) couldn't be used on the ship, or even outside the ship.
When you compare 91st to any other Recon batt. It was really on the bottom of the list when it came to "Having unique aspects."

ARF provide a much better overall Recon battalion. It has fantastic armor that can be customized many ways. It has jobs that get decent load-outs. Ex:Sniper,Thermal Dets, and rps(Which is supported by lore). Although there rockets cant be used in the ship, it can still be used in Sims and to shot at objects outside the ship. This battalion also allows for a proper structure for battalion ARF. Instead of having rules that depend on each different battalion.

You realize we had Lightning too right? RPS-6, Shotguns, SS's with Snipers, etc. So basically all the "cool, unique" weapons this batt would get. While I do think 91st was under developed and under used, I agree this is basically going to kill RANCOR; also, they wouldn't be all that different from the 91st in most ways. So I'm gonna go with:

4 minutes ago, Marion said:

You realize we had Lightning too right? RPS-6, Shotguns, SS's with Snipers, etc. So basically all the "cool, unique" weapons this batt would get. While I do think 91st was under developed and under used, I agree this is basically going to kill RANCOR; also, they wouldn't be all that different from the 91st in most ways. So I'm gonna go with:

Lightning was not the base battalion however. It was a subunit that took quite a bit of time to get into. Lightning had really no appeal due to the main battalion not worth joining in the first place. You are comparing the Subunit of a battalion to that of a battalion. If Lightning had been its own battalion and not apart of 91st(Ex: Like how we have Green company right now) It could of possibly worked.

I also do not understand the "This is going to kill rancor argument" as Rancor would keep there arf troopers with this suggestion passing or not. I do believe at that community meeting when ARF was being discussed in the first place Joah stated that Rancor was going to have to find a job to replace ARF as there trainee job anyways.

Also a "Mainly ARC Battalion" should not be killed due to a ARF battalion being added.

Edited by Duck
  • Disagree 1
On 2/22/2018 at 3:09 AM, Scribbles said:

Neutral on this. Lorewise trauma is dead in our time (-1 cause it wouldn't make sense)

But i really really like the idea on adding things. (+1)

so is Waxer yet we still use him as a lore charactor xD   +1  I love the idea :)

On 2/22/2018 at 8:22 PM, Duck said:

Not gonna say anything about the trauma part, as many others already said stuff about it. And I also stated it in my main post

So what makes it unique is it's armor and the weapons??? Makes sense. Weapons could be given to any Bat to make them more interesting, didn't have to be ARF, once again even from your description it seems completely pointless.