Squeaks' Guilt Tripped Admrial Application

Illium

==========[ Admiral of the Navy ]==========

Steam Name: Illium

RP Name: Squeaks

Steam ID (SteamID Finder):  STEAM_0:0:64118485

Experience:

I've led a medical battalion in the past, I've led a workers faction on a HL2 rp server, Right now I lead the Medical portion of Naval. 

Why should you become Admiral?:

People keep telling me I should apply so finally I decided to apply. Honestly. I don't know. People seem to believe that I have something so I assume that there's something that I can fix. Right now in Naval, the three groups within it are lacking in purpose. Naval  itself is also lacking in life. I'm sure there's something that I, and the other members of Naval can work together to mend. Actually, there are several items that I'd like to address if I become admiral. I've so far mentioned two but beyond that would be upping the activity of Naval, and giving players an incentive to actually play on their Naval! If I don't know the answer, I will ask and strive to learn what the answer is and if there is a problem I will work my hardest to solve it.

Do you understand the lore of the Republic Navy?:

I mean, It's fuzzy on the edges but like, I've got a good gist of what to do, I've been trained by Gene to run the full complement of weapons aboard the Venator. I'm not going to lie and say that I know everything because honestly I do not know all of it. I know enough to lead me in where I want to go and help those around me. I'm not afraid to ask questions when I don't know.

Availability:

Weekends are best but Monday-Thursdays are good late night, and Fridays are best as well!

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:

I've been made a TR of the week. Um. I made the TR guys a doc and right now I'm working on a new Doc for the Medics to work with. Um. Not much else. I accidentally called Max Emperor and told him to shut up when he was going to call me out on it once during a DB. Sorry Mister Max. :c

Do you have a microphone?:

Don't you have to have one to be a TR? *Thinking face*

Where do you want the Republic Navy to be at the end of your term?:

I want each group within the Navy to have a stable ACTIVE leader. I want it to be able to run on its own with minimal input from an outside force. I would like to see it ACTIVE, players enjoying their time instead of using it as a credit farm.

How do you plan to change the Republic Navy under your command?:

I plan to expand the role of the Navy and to fill the vacant slots that have been EMPTY basically since I got into the Navy.

• Expand the roles of Naval.
  • Fill the empty slots within the branches of the Navy.
  • Scheduled weekly training for each branch(?). - At the discretion of the branch leaders.
  • Incorporate more player involvement during events.
  • Modify how the recruitment is done so that more players are likely to pass instead of the current high failure rate we currently have.
  • Work with CG to instate a set of policies for Debriefs and Briefings. (Thanks Vanhorn)

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Boi, do I look inactive to you?

I mean... If I'm as active as Baller is does that mean I'm active? or... Um. Nevermind.

Do you understand that your position has a two month term limit and you must reapply after two months to maintain your Grand Master rank?:

WAIT WHAT? GRAND MASTER? I THOUGHT I WAS APPLYING TO THE REPUBLIC NAVY?!?!?!?!

Um I mean... Like. Yes? But I'm not applying for a Grand Master position, but okay.

Edited by Illium
  • Agree 5
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

+1 NYANNERS FOR ADMIRAL

Edited by woeny23
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, TTRaven said:

don't you have to be commodore+ ????

This was changed by Billiam for this round of applications. However, whether that is still in effect is beyond me.

Anyways, +1 you were the MEDL for the 91st for a quite a bit and you did a good job.

+1

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

Squeaks, ever since I met you on the server, you have been on the road for greatness. From one medic pack buddy to another, you have my +1. Just what ever you do, DON'T LEAVE YOUR CG BEHIND JEEZ. But no in all seriousness good luck and I got your back.

+1 could solve world hunger

However, I do highly recommend Squeaks be thoroughly led and advised for a smooth transition to Admiral if she succeeds. Being a recent Naval promoted to officer rank, she still has some ways to go in regards to the general management of Naval. She may be a great medical officer, but in NO way should one assume this will translate into greatness in managing Naval as a WHOLE. 

Edited by Praydoh
Adding on to my previous judgement
  • Agree 1

+1 

Squeak is an extremely dedicated and active Naval both on and off event, always staying productive, she does an outstanding job and without a doubt ready for Admiral!

-Senior Attack & Defense Brigade Commander Joe

• Agree 1

Retired:  OG of Synergy | Head Admin | Game Master Chief | Senior Attack and Defense Brigade Commander | #FirstCommanderAppToBeAcceptedOnTheForums.

3 hours ago, Illium said:

Modify how the recruitment is done so that more players are likely to pass instead of the current high failure rate we currently have.

Technodad admiral ptsd 2.0, send god

Ok, I am going to be brutally honest here, most people only know me as Gree but some know when I was a naval way long ago. Naval is unlike any other battalion out there. There are people that are ALWAYS trying to stab you in the back to get above you and also it is your job to manage most of the RP on the ship. I have not been involved in naval for a long while due to reasons of my own that I will choose to not say. From my experiences you need to have experience dealing with difficult situations and difficult people. Right now, naval is not in a very good place and that is due to some leadership issues and people not entirely being in it to help further the RP of the server (which is why the naval tryouts are supposed to be hard, so you only have people who REALLY want to be in naval for that reason) also, only apply for a position if you really want to actually go for it, if you don't go for something wholeheartedly, EVERYONE suffers (I've seen it happen with multiple battalions where someone is pressured into a position, they get burned out and the battalion fizzles out and dies and it is very bad.) For these reasons I am going to give a -1. You are a great naval don't get me wrong, you are a great naval but I don't know if you would be able to whip the naval back into shape quite yet with your current experience.

Good luck,

-Egg/Gree

• Agree 2
12 minutes ago, Egg said:

Technodad admiral ptsd 2.0, send god

Ok, I am going to be brutally honest here, most people only know me as Gree but some know when I was a naval way long ago. Naval is unlike any other battalion out there. There are people that are ALWAYS trying to stab you in the back to get above you and also it is your job to manage most of the RP on the ship. I have not been involved in naval for a long while due to reasons of my own that I will choose to not say. From my experiences you need to have experience dealing with difficult situations and difficult people. Right now, naval is not in a very good place and that is due to some leadership issues and people not entirely being in it to help further the RP of the server (which is why the naval tryouts are supposed to be hard, so you only have people who REALLY want to be in naval for that reason) also, only apply for a position if you really want to actually go for it, if you don't go for something wholeheartedly, EVERYONE suffers (I've seen it happen with multiple battalions where someone is pressured into a position, they get burned out and the battalion fizzles out and dies and it is very bad.) For these reasons I am going to give a -1. You are a great naval don't get me wrong, you are a great naval but I don't know if you would be able to whip the naval back into shape quite yet with your current experience.

Good luck,

-Egg/Gree

Egg, the problem is that basically no one passes and when they do they DON"T actually PLAY their Naval, they just use it as an AFK credit farm. A lot of the main naval guys have left for several reasons. Even some of the higher staff stated a while back that the tryouts for Naval were too hard. Making them easier doesn't mean we don't have to NOT be picky on who gets in and who doesn't. It just means making the whole thing less like tryout out for a battalion and more like you are trying out for the navy! the Space Navy! Honestly though when I tried out it felt too much like I was trying out for a battalion. The Naval are ship men, Medics, and Engineers. They're everything they strive to be but honestly. They are not a battalion. They're a Faction just like the Jedi are. And making their tryout more unique and less like Joining a battalion would drive that nail home. I understand where you're coming from though Egg, We don't want a bunch of minges in Naval, or people who don't want to put their soul into it.

Edited by Illium

Well, I guess it's my turn to say my opinion on this matter. Squeaks, I met you while you were only a SGT1 in 91st, ever since then you have become a great and sought out member of this community. I remember always saying hi to you as you walk through the halls crouched and ready for anything medical! Then you joined naval, it was a great day when you passed tryouts and then that would lead to you becoming one of the most active and well known naval we have. You started rising through the ranks of naval and became a LTJG and a CMO, this takes a lot of talent and dedication to bestow these types of things. Well, I do have to say that running the Medical branch is a lot different than running a whole team of Naval, you will need to adapt to these types of responsibilities and help the Naval as a whole. You are a great person and an even better friend, It's great working with you and talking in Teamspeak together. I think you and Baller both have what it takes to become and or stay as Admiral, I gave Baller my +support because he is an outstanding Admiral, even though he won't give me his music bot, Oof. I think you would make one too, but you just need more experience as a leader, because becoming Admiral is no walk in the park, it takes dedication, understanding, and most importantly being able to take advice and learn with the rest of the team of Naval. You and Baller are both great candidates, and however this goes, I'm glad to be friends and to be working with both of you. I'm going to stay neutral in this matter and I wish the best of luck to you and Baller <3

Edited by Esitt

I agree with the fact other sections in naval need to be sorted out and start doing things to do with their job in naval instead of just walking around in naval uniform on a high horse.

I do think you could make a great admiral but I'm going to be honest you seem to be too nice and kind towards people and I dont see you being strict for the job.

But for the benefit of the doubt I will +1 this application.

Good luck squeaks.

Post Scralone.

Edited by King_schowygee

I dont give my statement on these often and when i do i try to be completely honest and direct.

You are a great member of the community and a huge asset to naval but i feel you have not been in long enough as a high naval officer nor have you, from my perspective, been encompassed in more than primarily medical. Admiral to me should be an expert in all fields and have strong experience with each.

I would love to see you build that part up more.

So for this im giving a -1

Squeaks, you're a great player, and you've ran through the ranks of Naval like a tank going over a white picket fence, but....

What Gree said when it comes to backstabbing etc. I completely agree, I don't think you have what it takes RIGHT NOW to be the Admiral of the Server, I'm so very sorry but I'm going to have to

32 minutes ago, Fours said:

So I've read this, and while it is a good application. You do not reach the rank requirements to run for this position. It says you must be Commodore+ for at least one month. And I see nothing about given permission by Director+. So I have to -1.

Billiam waived it before he left. As he was director at the time, it still applies.

26 minutes ago, Fours said:

So I've read this, and while it is a good application. You do not reach the rank requirements to run for this position. It says you must be Commodore+ for at least one month. And I see nothing about given permission by Director+. So I have to -1.

I'll bet money that tumblr_lyy56ljH401qedb29o1_500.gif

2 hours ago, Fours said:

I mean... currently, this is a thing in the naval discord:

WBgPd6sxTImO3oP0OYAuMw.png

and it was immediately put in place after I resigned from naval.

52946061-6923-4AFC-AEBA-9E28ED2BA75D-5.g

Squeaks you know I hold you in high esteem and enjoy our limited banter and your unhealthy brownies that I end up throwing back at you after I take a small bite.

Your experience as a player, respect, professionalism are NOT QUESTIONED, your leadership and Mentorship are QUESTIONED. 

If you are going to be the next ADM and revive or strengthen Naval on the ship which is vital to maximize our experience as players, those qualities need to be forged and molded into your own unique style.  A leader who is not mentoring is more of a hindrance than a blessing and most young people today do no understand the implications of their decisions on others around them. 

If anyone including you can speak more on your leadership and mentoring ability thus far.

Right now I have to give -1. 

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Fours said:

That's advertising essentially. How is that allowed?

Essentially all they do is write an application in that discord channel and then they +1 or -1 that crap... instead of it being handed out to those who worked hard and did their job inside of naval like how I achieved my rank in Naval... I didn't have to apply for stuff. And I don't understand why it was implemented immediately after I resigned... Vice Admiral and Rear Admiral is not a rank you apply for... it's a rank you achieve.

52946061-6923-4AFC-AEBA-9E28ED2BA75D-5.g

-1 your a LTJG 

Spoiler

2ndAC Parjai-4 WO BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

Squeaks I am sorry to say this, and I know I will get hit hard on this, but -1

Theres tons of reason why, and you know most of them, but I don't feel like your fit for Admiral, you even said it your self, you weren't even gonna apply if those people didn't come into the channel and talked you up to it, the title of the post says it all....

6 hours ago, Fours said:

Again as it was said Billiam waived it but @Zander or @Forseen can hopefully comment here about this

Edited by Kirara

I don't like the some of you are basing it off of a stupid rank you have to be which makes no sense at all it's all the same with oh you don't have the experience to be it or you don't have the rank, but I will say this you have to give people chances you can't just minus one for no reason at all and especially because of there rank. Squeaks is literally like the most active naval that I seen day in and day out, shes always holding debriefs because people only get on there naval when there is a high rank on which seems very power hungry to me.

+1 

The most active naval. Period. And does a fantastic job at being a naval in general. Might not be the most experienced in naval, but definitely the best fit for the job. Sure, she´s only a LTJG, but her capability exceeds that. She can learn as she goes-and while it might be a lil bit of a rough take off, through her hard work it will work out much better in the long run

- Kitsune

Edited by Captin_Blackfire
11 minutes ago, Zander said:

I waived her a while ago 

When apps first opened up 

Problem solved people.

Maybe you all need ask to see if she has been waived next time before passing someones app with -1?

Take the initiative, that's what it used to be to be a higher rank hmmm.

+1 Squeaks you can do it!

Edited by Stahl

+1 since it was waived, pretty damn active naval and a solid person. good luck. Although I do have a problem with people pressuring you into this, that is kinda nonsense. As someone who went into the Yoda position in a circumstance where I was convinced to do so by other Masters, you should really go into it because you want to, not because other people want you to. There is my two cents.

• Agree 1

I may have not been active, but from what I understand, being Admiral is daunting and I do not think you are ready for it.

Due to this, I will be NEUTRAL for now. Regardless, I bid you good luck in your application though.

Y'all probably thought by scrolling all the way down I will say something like "lol JK, +1 u hav my sup! lov ya". But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

It will remain NEUTRAL, because I CAN AND I WILL

fck, I'm lonely...

Edited by aStonedSparks
DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN