From the Office of High Command 11/14/2021

Conrad

Do you like how the server handles bail  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From the Office of High Command

11/14/2021

This is a general update document, detailing the things done by the Chancellor and the Marshal Commander. This document will be posted Bi-Weekly with updates on what they both have done. Please leave any feedback you have in the comment below.

From the Office of the Chancellor - Conrad

General Updates

Open Positions: As of posting this document Admiral Yularen, Specialized Regimental Commander, Grand Master of the Order Yoda, 21st BCMD Bacara, Dooms Unit BCMD Doom, 501st BCMD Rex is all open. In the next two weeks we have Mas Amedda (11/16/2021), and 41st BCMD Gree (11/19/2021) opening. If you are interested please have your applications ready!

So the big update of the last two weeks is the release of the training discord. This discord was meant to be a hub for all training that this server provides. This was meant to help show interest in each training, as well as help those that want the training get it easier by knowing who can train what. It seems like so far the server initial phase has gone over quite well and it is being utilized a good bit. It's cool to see some of the more niche training such as boarding and negotiations are very sought after. Thank you to @Jovanovic for his help with creating the discord and if you have any questions or suggestions for it, reach out to him or me.

Roleplayer of the Week

Last week's roleplay of the week was @Kryptos. Kryptos received it not for some big dramatic speech or conversing with a sith lord for 2 hours but through some of the everyday actions of RP on the server. Through a patrol with his fellow 501st his comm’s RP and the way, he led his men was truly within Roleplay, keeping the base informed on the situation and his men well taken care of. I hope this goes to show that not every roleplay interaction has to be large grand gestures, sometimes it's the little things that can make the difference.

For this week the roleplayer of the week is @Mavelle. Mavelle is a constant RPer around the server for both his job as wrecker and barriss. This week I started some RP with him while he was on barriss after he displayed some discomfort with the execution of a prisoner. This discussion felt like something that definitely could have in the Star Wars lead to barriss’s bombing of the temple. Watching mavelle play along with what I was saying and slowly become twisted in time to my words was very fun. I hope to see the temple bombed soon!

Question for the Community

What's your guys opinion on how the server handles bail for arrests. While working with CG and some discussions I’ve had I'm curious as to how you guys think the current ways we handle bail works, and how would you like to see it change. For this one I'll keep the voting simple to three basic changes, and a fourth change for people that have new ideas and want to post them in the comments. Please leave lots of feedback!

Clone Updates

We have lost/will soon lose quite a few members of the clone command structure. With @Stix’s resignation, and both @Dennis and @Marvel not going for a second term for their respective BCMD positions. Firstly I want to give a thank you to @Stix for being part of my High Command structure, we go way back to my first days on the server in 501st and it was truly great to get to know you again after all this time. I always love reconnecting with the old heads I knew from those days. As for @marvel, I’ll show a little bias, 501st is my oldest and longest home on the server. I’ve cared about that battalion for years and I never will stop, and at the end of the day, you did pretty well in your leadership of it. I’m happy to see you leave with some strong potential successors and proud to welcome you to the ranks of retired rex’s. And last but not least @Dennis for returning for his third term as doom. One thing that can’t be disagreed with by anyone is your dedication to Doom’s Unit over such a long period. You do truly care for it and have a passion for making sure it doesn’t fall into disarray. I don’t doubt that we’ll see you in this position again.

With that being said the one position that is opening that I want to point out here is Spec Reg. Right now we have no one who has applied for the position, and if there's anyone out there that's nervous about it or wants to talk about them potentially running please reach out to me. I am more than happy to discuss the position and help see if it's what's right for you on the server. One thing to remember when applying for positions, the worst thing that happens is you’re denied, you don’t get removed from your position, and as long as you take the criticism that is in your app well you could even walk away denied but a better person overall, so that when you apply again you’re exactly what the community needs for the position!

Lastly, the arrest Guidelines have been discussed with CG and are moved on to being reviewed by regimental and their equivalents. After this discussion is over BCMD’s will be given the doc to look over to ensure that everything is in place. Hopefully, we can have these out to the community by next weekend!

Navy Updates

The navy has been consistent the past two weeks and I haven't spent as much time with them as they start my term. They have been promoting some officers and filling ranks which is cool to see the Captain group fall into their own. I’m going to wait a bit to see how current applications for the position play out before I plan my next move for the navy. If we have an admiral soon then hopefully he can take over, if not I will probably come back to give a stronger hand like the beginning of the term to help have the next step in their regrowth.

Jedi Updates

Unfortunately, we lost @JaBaku as our Yoda yesterday. I am sad to see him leave as I loved working with him as Windu, we made quite a team and I believe implemented a lot of things that have helped the order and (hopefully) will be around for a while. Thank you, buddy, it was a lot of fun!

With that being said as of right now @Sixta is in control of the Jedi order as Windu, however, he is not alone, as he has @Clawand @Maras his overseers to help him out. Hopefully, we can get a chief instructor again soon as well!

Guild Updates

Over the past week, there's been some outcry about some things that have happened as far as clones’ commissioning bounties. With this, a new rule was proposed in the command discord by @Bactaabout not allowing clones to give bounty hunter money under the table for things like killing other members of the republic. CMD+ vast majority is in favor of changing the rules on this, and I have already had a talk with @Brooklyn about how we can edit some rules so that what equates to clones killing clones doesn’t happen anymore. I don't want bounties against players to be removed, and they won’t be as long as I have any say in it, but how they are gone about being created might change.

Senate

I don’t have a lot to say for the Senate right now. Senators are still something I see around the base a good bit and I commend @Willyworm1 for the work he’s done on helping to rebuild the current senate members. They currently have the position of meena tills open, as well as no senior senators. Hopefully, we can see some senior senators be promoted shortly to help out with senate leadership!

Notes

As always, I am more than happy to talk in TS or discord at any time about anything. Just send me a message!

From the Office of the Marshal Commander - Deku

G.A.R Updates: 

We have a couple things to go over here. First off, congratulations to Marvel & Dennis for finishing their Rex & Doom term respectively, this is a huge accomplishment to finish your term and we’re glad they both went as well as they did.

Secondly, congratulations to BigZach on becoming Wolffe! We hope that his term goes well and he’s able to grow 104th activity wise. We also hope to see more Negotiation trainings being hosted!

And Lastly, we have a couple applicable positions open on the forums:
Specialized Regimental Commander is open
Battalion Commander Doom is open

Battalion Commander Rex is open

Battalion Commander Bacara is open
Admiral Yularen is open

Grand Master Yoda is open

For this section, I’ll be giving the status of each battalion from my perspective. From an outside perspective looking in, as well as from a High Command perspective.

Attack Updates/Status

ATK: It seems the ATK Regiment has done quite well for themselves in the past two weeks. Activity has been “okay” all across the board for the most part. Of course, like the last report, I’d love to see some more trainings from this regiment.

501st: 501st seems to have been doing quite well. They’ve recently lost their BCMD as Marvel’s term was finished. But they’ve been doing well for themselves in terms of activity, it’s great to see.

212th: 212th also seems to have been doing well, they’ve had their moments where they’re the most active battalion on the server and then sometimes not so much. I’d like 212th to improve on staying on the server even after events/deployments, as it seems their members drop after something happens.

41st: 41st has been doing okay. The activity from their members can definitely improve during prime time but all-in-all, they seem to have made huge improvements on their Jedi program recently. It’s great to see the integration of Jedi within the 41st.

Siege Updates/Status

Siege: Siege seems to have been doing very well. The activity has been going great and they’ve gotten quite a few joint-trainings pushed out throughout the last 2 weeks. And of course, like ATK, I’d love to see more vehicle trainings being pushed out/advertised.

104th: 104th seems to have been pretty stable with the addition of their new BCMD Wolffe, BigZach. Activity hasn’t been the best on the server, but it’s been consistent and I’m happy with that. I’ve seen a lot of trainings from 104th and a lot of joint trainings, my only thing I’d like to see is more tank/negotiation trainings pushed out!

21st: 21st seems to have been doing okay, they’ve recently lost their BCMD and it seems they are slowly trying to gain their activity back again, which has been better compared to what it was. Although they may not have a lot of members during events or deployments, I’ve seen some great work from their SO group as of recently!

Doom’s Unit: DU seems to be doing alright, they also recently lost their BCMD Doom, Dennis, as he finished his term. Activity seems to be quite consistent during events/deployments, and I’d love to see more DU during times when there aren’t things going on!

Specialized Updates/Status

SPEC: I believe there is definitely some room for improvement from SPEC, of course they don’t need to worry about pushing out vehicle trainings… but I’d love to see some more activity and roleplay from this group of unique battalions!

Coruscant Guard: CG has been doing alright, their activity seems on the lesser side during downtime sometimes but all-in-all it’s usually pretty consistent. I really have no complaints about CG roleplay wise, I’ve enjoyed all of my interactions with the battalion in RP.

RANCOR: RANCOR is definitely a topic of focus for me. I’ve taken some time to look into the battalion and I have a few things that I’d love to see from them. Firstly, I would love to see a definite growth in their activity/recruitment numbers. I know this is no simple task but there is definitely room for more RANCOR troopers! Secondly, for the RANCOR that are consistently on the server, I’d love to see some interaction with other battalions including trainings, and just some passive RP!

Republic Commandos: RC has been doing okay recently. The activity has definitely fell a bit from the last report as it seems the battalion has been taking time to play other games, and quite a few members have gone on ROA/LOA recently. Other than that, they’ve done well for themselves and the RP has been pretty good as usual.

Regimental Challenge

My optional challenges for the next two weeks are as follows!: 

ATK Challenge: I would like to see a minimum of 4 TX-130 trainings & 2 BARC trainings in the next 2 weeks. Good luck ATK!

Siege Challenge: I would like to see a minimum of 4 AT-TE trainings & 2 AV-7 trainings in the next 2 weeks. Good luck Siege!

Specialized Challenge: I would like to see a minimum of 3 joint-trainings, 2 Interrogation trainings, 3 Tech or EOD trainings, & at least 5 ARC trainings. (Selections, W&T, or Leadership)

• Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Management
Management
5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

What's your guys opinion on how the server handles bail for arrests. While working with CG and some discussions I’ve had I'm curious as to how you guys think the current ways we handle bail works, and how would you like to see it change. For this one I'll keep the voting simple to three basic changes, and a fourth change for people that have new ideas and want to post them in the comments. Please leave lots of feedback!

I never understood why bailing is still a thing when 90% of the arrest reasons have been classified as non-bailable and a large portion of the server has made their groups non-bailable as well. I personally like the option to bail people however I don't believe there should be non-bailable reasons. A lot of the ones right now are also pretty vague reasons and they end up as non-bailable. Sometimes somebody was just goofing around or it was an accident and I personally believe having the ability to bail someone is nice however I also believe if the reason for getting arrested was a genuine accident or something of the sorts that just talking to CG normally solves the problem and from recent experience they have released people for said reasoning.

Either bailing stays and bail reasons and prices get fixed or a new system for releasing arrested people is made tbh. Primarily one that involves communication. This is my opinion personally

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

8 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I never understood why bailing is still a thing when 90% of the arrest reasons have been classified as non-bailable and a large portion of the server has made their groups non-bailable as well. I personally like the option to bail people however I don't believe there should be non-bailable reasons. A lot of the ones right now are also pretty vague reasons and they end up as non-bailable. Sometimes somebody was just goofing around or it was an accident and I personally believe having the ability to bail someone is nice however I also believe if the reason for getting arrested was a genuine accident or something of the sorts that just talking to CG normally solves the problem and from recent experience they have released people for said reasoning.

Either bailing stays and bail reasons and prices get fixed or a new system for releasing arrested people is made tbh. Primarily one that involves communication. This is my opinion personally

So i do agree with you on how its a little wonky on what is or isn't bailable, and that is definitely being looked at with the public arrest guidelines document. Right now FailRP is not bailable, however breaking NLR is. In my mind NLR is just a more specific version of failRP. At the very least small things like this are being addressed, and to speak on it more specifically, as of right now I'm going towards the "things that are targeted at another player" being non bailable, these are things like rdm, baiting rdm, and hate speech.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Tbh most the arrest I see are for CTs and normally for RDM. That should remain unbailiabke but I believe that's the only one that is. 

Specific battalion are unbailiabke unless the BCMDs says otherwise and pays them out (usually). Like 21st is that because you did the crime so you do the time.

I dont see an issue with it as most of the active player don't get arrested that often and again, the main on is RDM.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Its kinda stupid how the current system works. I haven't seen an arrest have the option of bail for such a long time. I remember one time I was arrested early on in my days on the server due to a misunderstanding of rules and I was bailed after being arrested because I now knew the rules. It just seems like so many times there is no chance for bail.

🌓🌙