Delta TECH 40 Fixer

RP Rank:
(Waived by Woeny) 1stLT

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:67176800

Battalion or squad you are applying for:
Delta LEAD 38 Boss

Experience:
(I will only list the experience that has been somewhat recent (past year-ish) and is MOST relevant or that has actually taught me something useful.)

-CMO (~4 months, ongoing)-

While it may sound trivial or as “just some Naval position”, being Chief Medical Officer has actually taught me many things about holding a position of authority. To reference a specific scenario, I was given false information about server rules and made an announcement regarding the information. What I didn’t realize was that I would be pulled by *founders* to discuss the situation and misinterpretation of the announcement. From this scenario, I learned that to hold a position of power means you need to make sure you are informed, as well as realize how your authority has consequences if you make a mistake. Otherwise, CMO has taught me how to manage a multitude of docs & systems which is still a useful skill to have for Squad Lead.

-Doom’s Unit Commander & REGL (~2 months CMD, ~4 months REGL)-

In 2020, I held a commander rank in DU, along ith REGL (REGL was for approx. 3 months). Both of these positions were the apex of my time as “high command” and introduced me to how being in a Commander+ position works on Synergy. During my time as REGL, I was evaluating many different branches as well as taking an “overseer” role to make sure Officers + Leads were operating with professional attitudes and met standards. As a Commander, I had experience with talking to many different CMD+s, discussing ideas for my battalion’s future and how to maintain and develop the battalion I was a part of. Overall, being a Commander + REGL in DU was my experience as a Commander+ as well as taught me lessons about professionalism and standards that need to be maintained as a CMD+.

-SOBDE Sev & Fixer (~2.5 months, ongoing)-

All of my experience in SOBDE has been in Delta Squad, the first time as Sev and the other as Fixer (current). While this has been a relatively short time, my time in SOBDE has come AFTER my previous experience as an Officer in other battalions. Thus, I have gone into SOBDE experienced and knowledgeable. I feel that my time in SOBDE has been ample enough to be able to run for a Squad Lead position. I have spoken with many previous Squad Leads and other SOBDE members about what SOBDE is, how it works, as well as how Squad Lead differs from other positions. Overall, with the exposure I’ve had, I believe that my time in SOBDE has been beneficial to my development/learning and I have gained enough to be a good Squad Lead for Delta Squad. Additionally, I've picked up on a lot of Delta Squad lore and customs that have made me a proud part of Delta and SODBE as a whole.

-104th Dash-29 ARCL + WO(~2 months)-
While my time in 104th wasn’t years, being a WO and Officer in the 104th was another source that gave my a valuable experience. In the 104th, I was treated to a whole new battalion culture as well as a new leadership structure. I was able to overcome many suspicions and skepticism when I joined as a PVT however I quickly climbed the ladder in ranks and become (at my height in 104th) 1stL Dash-29. I learned what managing a struggling branch (ARC) meant and how it was important to have clear and concise communication with superiors and subordinates. 

There are other experiences/accomplishments that I have achieved on Synergy, however, I feel that what I learned/gained was either not relevant or not incredibly noteworthy to put on this application. These are a *few* core experiences that I want to include, not everything ever.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

I believe that I am suitable for Boss, and I have already spoken to many different members of SOBDE about applying for Squad Lead as well as developed what I want to acomplish as Squad Lead.

"Kiddie SOBDE"
 Firstly, I want to flip what “Delta Squad” means on the server right now. The reputation that Delta Squad seems to hold is that of “kiddie SOBDE” or of “the easiest SOBDE squad”. This just totally devalues the work that so many people have put in for Delta Squad. A lot of very skilled and very valued members of SOBDE (and the community) have been in Delta Squad and have held positions of power within it. I want to attribute this partially to the “lack of modernization” of the current tryouts. Without spoiling tryouts or other squad tryouts, Delta Squad Tryouts have remained at a fairly low bar for a long time. I want to re-evaluate tryouts alongside the members of Delta Squad and SOBDE to ensure that they are different enough from other squads but also focus on the core values of what I want Delta Squad to uphold, professionalism, skill, and working as a team. Delta Squad was a very tight knit group that FELT for each other, and I want the Commandos in the squad to reflect that.

Being a Squad Lead
Obviously, being a Squad Lead means overseeing/leading about 3 other people. If we are being realistic, it is VERY different from being a BCMD of an attack, recon, or specialized battalion. The difference is the closeness and the personal connection between the squad lead and those in the squad. Firstly, I want to establish a full and operational Delta Squad that has an XO and all slots filled. This is the main priority of any Squad Lead and I am not skipping over that. Adding on, I want to make sure that all Delta members have met the standards of base SOBDE and keep that standard throughout their holding of positions. The last thing I would want would be for Delta to become the “SOBDE minges” and be wiped like they were in the past. In short, I want to keep Delta full of people that value their CHARACTER, not their position.

Tryouts
With my current Squad Lead and Squad members, I have been rigorously testing and developing a new tryouts for Delta Squad. if this does not go into effect soon, I will for sure implement it during my term. Tryouts, rather than focusing on computer performance or bullshit GMOD mechanics, will be tailored to what being a Delta Squad member means. I want new trainees to feel like they FOUGHT for their position, and that they EARNED the right to be that character. By raising the bar for Delta Squad, I hope that this creates squad members that feel a sense of accomplishment and a sense of pride by being in Delta Squad. In turn, by having squad members that are invested in the squad, they will remain more active and more willing to participate in SOBDE and Delta activities.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:
Yes. Delta Squad was a Republic Commando Squad that was assembled on Kamino with the purpose of carrying out missions that included: sabotage, infiltration, and assassination. Delta Squad was first deployed on Geonosis alongside the GAR and, unlike many other squads, stayed intact after the battle of Geonosis. The Squad consisted of: RC-1138 Boss, the assigned leader of the squad that maintained a professional attitude and kept Delta Squad together on missions, RC-1140 Fixer, the “by the books” soldier and the technological expert of Delta Squad who kept Delta focused on their missions throughout many different planets, RC-1207, the marksman of Delta Squad that was often described as having “psychopathic tendencies”, and RC-1262 Scorch, the demolitions expert of Delta with a lot of personality and humor, but also emotional and connected with the other members of Delta. All of Delta was trained by Walon Vau and would come to respect his strict and hard training as the reason they were able to work so effectively.

Availability:
Weekdays:
After 3pmCST freely, however, I am able to be on during school if the workload is light.

Weekends:
Basically at all hours.
Other:
Discord @ Cyan#4924 all the time.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:
Delta TECH 40 Fixer has played for 2695:08:16.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes.

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:
As mentioned, I want to flip the current narrative of Delta Squad into a squad that focuses on connections with each other and maintains a high bar for those that want to tryout for Delta. I will hopefully leave Delta Squad with all spots filled by people that genuinely care about the spot they hold. I also want to maintain the current outreach system, which is currently OPTIONAL but HIGHLY ENCOURAGED. I know that outreach work or officer-type positions are not for everyone, however, by encouraging outreaching (like how I am currently an outreach major to the 501st), it will make SOBDE members more involved with other battalions without sacrificing much. This will hopefully also create more dedicated and meaningful members of SOBDE going into the future.

Additionally, I want to ensure that squad members not only fulfill their hour requirements, but are actively engaging with Delta and the other members of SOBDE. RC spots are very highly sought after and having someone that is inactive or not meeting SOBDE standards is detrimental to not only Delta but also SOBDE as a whole. I want this practice to be relayed to all the other leads and XOs to properly ensure SOBDE is healthy going forward. Recently, an activity and rule enforcement issue has arisen and I want to be able to partake in resolving this. I want to be absolutely fair to every in Delta Squad and give equal treatment to everyone. In short, I want to encourage squad members to make their 3 hours MEANINGFUL, rather than just b-hopping around MHB for 3 hours. If your hours mean something to you, you are more likely to get on and have fun with SOBDE rather than AFKing or B-hopping.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:
Yes.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:
Yes

Thank you for reading, and please wear a mask. I've had COVID-19 twice and I wish it upon no man to have it.

• Agree 1

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

• Management

+1

I'll support both candidates as I feel they both want what's best for the squad. Delta is in a rough spot and no matter who get's the position I hope both you and Thunder will work together to not only better the squad but each other. 

Best of luck to you Cyan. 

spacer.png

• Funny 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 great dude and a great leader

• Friendly 1

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

+1

I can tell from your application as well as Thunder's that you both care about Delta and you both know what issues need to be addressed. A lot of your plans sync up with Thunders and that makes me believe that whichever one of you gets the position will be able to rely on the other to assist with making the changes. You're both good candidates, best of luck Cyan.

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

+1 Great guy. Can tell you can do work with the amount you’ve done in DU.

• Friendly 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

+1 good luck kid you’ll do great

• Funny 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Cyan, you’ve always been a reliable Delta member. You’ve been a big help to me, especially remaking and changing some of the things that needed to be changed. I agree with your plans and I wish you luck towards your interview and Thunder’s if both of you make it that far. 

May the best Delta prosper.

+1.

• Friendly 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

+1 great candidate 

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Congratulations, You have been Accepted for Interview
You have until the 6th of April to Contact a Director + to conduct your interview
//Locked
//Moved to Pending

• Funny 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

You will be contacted by a Director or relevant High Command for your denial reason.

You may apply for another commander positions after 30 DAYS from this post.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

• Pay Respect 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management