Removing Insta kills

Stroodle

Name: Stroodle

RP Rank: LTC

Suggestion: Ensure that no Purchasable/Kit weapon can insta kill a player at max stats and full health/armor to them.

Implementation: Insta kills in my experience do more to harm peoples enjoyment on the server than they do to help it. Its just not fun to play against so why keep something so easily fixable around that dampens peoples enjoyment of the server. Also, it would help make PvP an actually enjoyable experience rather than a battle of the wallets.

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: Require Development

• Agree 2
  • Friendly 1
Forum Admin

This is a touchy subject for most. Although I agree with you many will say "well I bought it". Tbh I don't think that's a valid argument. Many abuse the Mando sniper (fire 4 shots at nothing in rapid succession and save the last to beam someone) and I do believe it hurts a lot of events and such. It will be a +1 for me but im willing to have my mind changed.

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• Management
Management

Updating to a -1

I have recently bought the Mando rifle for a plethora of reasons (The triple damage on every 5th shot being one of them) and I find myself constantly firing 4 rounds to prepare the insta kill round for whenever I get into a skirmish with a hostile player. Possibly a rule against wasting 4 shots to prepare the insta round could be a solution of sorts if the insta shot was to stay. However if the Mando rifle lost the insta shot it should hands down receive a buff. It's kinda bad without the insta kill shot.

There is a good chunk of weapons that honestly ruin a lot of encounters on the server as of late. Personally I am not a big fan of the permanent weapons system but that's another conversation.

My points still stand and a founder stated that supposedly wasting ammo to get to the insta shot is already against the rules.

Edited by Marvel
  • Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1

Literally everyone with a Mando Rifle always charges their 5th shot, the other 4 gets no love. ;_;

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

8 minutes ago, Piff said:

-1 Lets be real, Snipers are usually going to be 1 shot or 2, Unless its made that snipers still can do 1 or 2 shots than sure, but if not no

Yea I taking two shots instead of one is what I want it gives a person time to react instead of dying instantly to somebody they never even saw which is no fun

Edited by Stroodle
Forum Admin

-1, there's currently only 1 weapon that is purchasable that is a constant 1 hit for CLONES that are at max stats (300/100) and it costs 150 million credits. 
The other weapon that isn't a constant 1 hit is the Mandalorian sniper, which is a Christmas exclusive weapon and costs 100$ and does 150, every 5 shots it does  a 3x damage shot which does 340 pure damage (not including armour).
I think for the exclusivity of the Mandalorian sniper being the first ever and possibly only around for this year ever, and the NT-242c which costs 150 million credits and if you were to buy all the credits for it using real money, it'd be around 1,000$.

If it really is an issue for events there could always be a rule put in place for the shooting 4 blasters and keeping last triple shot ready, or not allowing certain weapons for an event, but removing them completely isn't the way.

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

In a game which is part PVE and part PVP, there has to be a balance somewhere. Having a spammable shotgun that 1 shots you with good aim and a literal instakill with the mando sniper, sure, that might be realistic, but you have to bridge the gap to actually make the game fun for others. Every person with the overpowered weapons is going to cry if they get removed, but they have literally ruined the whole point of gathering in-game credits if they can just buy an all purpose weapon from the shop and destroy anything that comes their way. It's detrimental towards event jobs, it's annoying during entertainments, and the fact that GMs have to specifically ban the use of these weapons during their deployments speaks a lot for how much they change the way the game functions.

+1, either nerf the fuck out of the them or remove them entirely.

• Agree 1

hi.

-1 Watch the Mando and tell me how they fill about getting One shot. 

Edited by KillJoy
  • Confused 5

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

• Retired Founder
59 minutes ago, Marvel said:

+1

I have recently bought the Mando rifle for a plethora of reasons (The triple damage on every 5th shot being one of them) and I find myself constantly firing 4 rounds to prepare the insta kill round for whenever I get into a skirmish with a hostile player. Possibly a rule against wasting 4 shots to prepare the insta round could be a solution of sorts if the insta shot was to stay. However if the Mando rifle lost the insta shot it should hands down receive a buff. It's kinda bad without the insta kill shot.

There is a good chunk of weapons that honestly ruin a lot of encounters on the server as of late. Personally I am not a big fan of the permanent weapons system but that's another conversation.

Falls under FailRP as it is wasting resources (Tibana Gas used to fuel the weapon for ammo). This would also fall under the common sense ruling. If it was a written rule, people would be hounding eachother over it.

You also pay $100 USD to have that gun, I don't think it 1-shoting people is a huge problem... Consirdering there are permaweapons that also 1-shot.

We can always just remove the 5th shot doing extra damage instead?

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

shit bro. If this gets accepted ill lose business! -1

• Funny 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

I see a few different viewpoints on this, as someone who has been here for a long time, and owns all of the OP weapons.

First Viewpoint: Getting killed by 1 shot is not fun. When I'm involved in hostile situations as a BH or during CIS missions, NT users have the power to end it immeadiately, and they have in the past. I've had to change strategies completely in order to avoid a single clone just because they have a gun that can 1 shot, which means they'll wipe out everyone I brought to attack with me.

Second Viewpoint: I, and others, paid quite a bit of money and saved up for a long time in order to spawn with strong weapons. I was finally able to purchase the NT after the most recent update (245 dmg /me is sad). I saved up and purchase this weapon because it is a one shot kill. If the damage is changed, it's no longer what I purchased, and no longer worth the money. Same thing with the Mandalorian Sniper. 150 dmg/shot is not worth $100 without the 5th shot boost. It's not like CT PVT Billy played the server for three hours, then bought an NT and RDM'd you.

Overall: Honestly, it would've been better if one-shot weapons were never a thing. But they are. To me, it's not big enough of an annoyance to nerf the weapons. Yes, it can be frustrating at times, but mainly when people with these 1 shot weapons decide to be an asshole. These high damage weapons should not be the only gun you use. 

I have a bigger issue with people who use nothing but an RC shotgun. I think that's more of an important nerf than NT/Mando Sniper, but I digress.

-1 as the first person to buy the NT-242c when it did 600 damage i only used it against OP event jobs (sith, droids etc) or for bounties. I personally believe i have spent the time to have something like that. However, playing as the CIS i have to go out of my way to avoid people like @Brooklyn or others with it. It adds and removes gameplay aspects yes it has its ups and downs however, i'd rather see the Mado rifle changed then something i've spent basically 2 years playing for. 

• Winner 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

• Founder
Founder

To be honest here, I don't really see the problem with one shot weapons.

• Bounty Hunters are really the only faction I see potentially being harmed by one shot weapons. BUT I also feel by them having access to use these weapons  it balances out.
  • CIS faction can spawn in droids to assist or can bring large numbers.
  • Simulations can outright ban the usage of certain weapons.
  • GM's are trained to adapt and change things as situations happen. If that means more droids or more HP on event jobs then so be it.

I'd much rather see a forum suggestion page that is more towards critiquing the current state of the weapons and looking for community feedback to see how to change it for the better of the server.

• Agree 6

-1 Resons stated by Jad

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

-1, I agree somewhat with the statement, but how like most have said already the stats should be more or less nerfed slightly than having the entire weapon removed.

Current: Dumbass, Omega 15 CPL Fi (Again...)

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

I personally think that outright removing them is not the best way to go about it however they NEED to be nerfed in some sort of way. (I am counting the DC-17 shotgun as a one shot because it kills in under a second). one way to prevent getting killed in the blink of an eye is to make some sort alert. like the mando sniper having a glint (idk if that's possible but you get the idea) something that would say "YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET FUCKED, RUN". oh and also make the movement speed low

Edited by Spaghetti

Denied due to Community Feedback

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management