BigBoss goes Bacara or Bust

BigBoss

Steam Name: BigBoss, of Clan Uukraak

RP Name: Keller's Unit Colonel Charger / Republic Advisor GROUNKLE

RP Rank: Colonel

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70671430

Battalion or squad you are applying for: 21st Nova Corps
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Experience:

• Former SOBDE N12-A’den
  • Former CG RIOT Lead CPT
  • Former DU Col (and head of intel),
  •  Former 21st Galactic Marine Elite Assault Lead (GMEAL) [Ranked LTC]
  •  Former Guild Cabinet Member / Banker
  • Former retard
  • Current Keller's Unit Charger (2nd In command)
  •  Current Palpatine’s Grandson GROUNKLE.
  • I don't know the time frames. I'm old, sue me.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

I believe I should become a Battalion Commander due to my experience and service over my time spent within not only the 21st, but with the community as a whole. I believe I have a good understanding of what it takes to be a leader people will not only listen to, but one that people will respect and look up to. Not only do I have literal years of experience leading troops in game, but I also have 4 years of U.S. Army Leadership education that I consistently employ within my commands given to those who serve me. Using my experiences within my service to the 21st, and what I have seen that works with the position of Bacara (and what doesn’t), I will do my best to uphold all expectations and go above and beyond in my service to the 21st, and the Grand Army of the Republic as a whole. I also have 4 years of U.S. Army Leadership education that I consistently employ within my commands given to those who serve me. Using my experiences within my service to the 21st, and what I have seen that works with the position of Bacara (and what doesn’t), I will do my best to uphold all expectations and go above and beyond in my service to the 21st, and the Grand Army of the Republic as a whole. 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:

Absolutely. The 4th Sector, 21st Nova Corps was led by Marshal Commander CC-1138 “Bacara” and was involved in multiple campaigns in the Outer Rim during the Clone Wars. Within the 21st, there were 4 total units that served under Bacara; The Nova Corps, Galactic Marines, Special Operations, and Keller's Unit. The Nova Corps were the basic units within the 21st, serving as infantry alongside Galactic Marines during their outer rim sieges. These units specialized in spaceship infiltration and sabotage, Explosive Ordnance Disposal, CQC, and operation of Armored Assault Vehicles (Such as the UT-AT). Apart from the main forces of the 21st, were 2 specialized Units; Special Ops and Keller's Unit. Special Operations (while in cannon, their own battalion) served as a recon and stealth force to provide support and intelligence to the rest of 21st, acting under the command of Commander Jet and Commander Blackout. Lastly, Keller’s Unit; This unit was a specialized group of Galactic Marines who were hand selected by Commander Keller himself to be a part of his ranks. These specialized marines wore distinguished Galactic Marine uniforms with white, blue, and gold colorations. Keller’s Unit was considered “The Best of the Best” out of all the 21st. If there was a task that no other unit could accomplish, they would be able to get it done swifty and precisely. 

Availability:

Any day after 5pm EST. My work schedule is “USUALLY” 0730 to 1630 EST daily and Sundays off. Alternating Saturdays are off as well. I do like to take a day or two at a time to hang out with my other friends outside of the community, but I will do all within my power to get on at LEAST 2 hours daily throughout the week.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:

3 ¾ Years with some breaks here and there.

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:

By the end of my term, I want to have the 21st in a much better position than where it currently stands. From outside sources, I have heard that the 21st is looked down upon due to in house elitism, Toxicity, and all around lack of commitment to our Code of Conduct and what it means to serve with the 21st. When I finish my term as BCMD, I would like 21st to be a battalion people want to have the privilege to serve in and be a part of. 
[The following are some things I would like to work with the rest of 21st to implement during my term to ensure my goal as stated above.]

-Implement a system of "Checks and Balances" to ensure no one person has the ability to do more than what they're supposed to in the absence of those above them.

-Work on implementing incentives for our other branches (MED/JET/HVY) to flush out and restore their numbers.

- Implement a "Near-Zero" tolerance policy for IRL Substance Abuse while playing on the server to prevent unneeded situations.
- Revisit old documents and revise them for current and future use for the 21st.

-Update and release GMACT 1-3 for current and future use.

-Update and release BT for current and future use.
-Many more subtle and small changes with the approval of my battalion to improve quality of life. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Affirmative.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:

Affirmative.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
spacer.png

Edited by BigBoss
  • Friendly 1

Why am I still here?

tFzBhdd.png

Forum Admin

+1, from what i've seen you've been an active member of 21st and implemented majority of the new Tech training. App is a bit bare but I think an interview will give a better opinion than me.

• Informative 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Banned

Huge +1! 

• Agree 1

r4ymo.gif

3 hours ago, BigBoss said:

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

I believe I should become a Battalion Commander due to my experience and service over my time spent within not only the 21st, but with the community as a whole. I believe I have a good understanding of what it takes to be a leader people will not only listen to, but one that people will respect and look up to. Not only do I have literal years of experience leading troops in game, but I also have 4 years of U.S. Army Leadership education that I consistently employ within my commands given to those who serve me. Using my experiences within my service to the 21st, and what I have seen that works with the position of Bacara (and what doesn’t), I will do my best to uphold all expectations and go above and beyond in my service to the 21st, and the Grand Army of the Republic as a whole. I also have 4 years of U.S. Army Leadership education that I consistently employ within my commands given to those who serve me. Using my experiences within my service to the 21st, and what I have seen that works with the position of Bacara (and what doesn’t), I will do my best to uphold all expectations and go above and beyond in my service to the 21st, and the Grand Army of the Republic as a whole. 

I am indeed +1! He has done so much for the 21st in a whole. He has written countless documents for the 21st and has reformed so many things within the 21st to make it better. Also for anyone wondering why I quoted what is above is because he has the same thing twice and it just looks redundant to me but other then that huge +1

+1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

10 hours ago, BigBoss said:

-Update and release GMACT 1-3 for current and future use.

-Update and release BT for current and future use.

yikes another training rework, seems like 21st is always reworking their public trainings, but maybe that's just me.

A few questions as well.

1. What are you going to do to bring the separation of GM and SO to a close? From what i have seen and experienced as spec reg SO always felt like an outside group or another battalion within its self even though its a sub unit of the battalion and is treated as a full on battalion with another sub unit in a sub unit (jets unit)

2. How do you plan to set up a stable future for the battalion? As mentioned above it always seems that every BCMD wants to re work GMACT and BT. 

3. Does your battalion take you as a serious leader? From what i have heard there are some issues currently within the 21st and with legacy members having a bit too much say, how do you plan on dealing with this?
4. How do you plan to not burn yourself out while doing all of this. I'm going to be very blunt here the 21st has struggled to stay conistent for a very long time. It has been plagued by activity issues and leadership issues. Do you plan on waiting to fill your command slots and wait for the right people/ do you think you have the current people to fill the needed gaps? 

• Agree 2

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Your Goals are set and we need someone that can help us bring numbers back to 21st so a MASSIVE +1

• Friendly 1

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA

On 12/28/2020 at 4:54 PM, Flytape said:

I am indeed +1! He has done so much for the 21st in a whole. He has written countless documents for the 21st and has reformed so many things within the 21st to make it better. Also for anyone wondering why I quoted what is above is because he has the same thing twice and it just looks redundant to me but other then that huge +1

LMAOOO

I tend to type stuff twice. oh well

Edited by BigBoss

Why am I still here?

tFzBhdd.png

18 hours ago, Dennis said:

yikes another training rework, seems like 21st is always reworking their public trainings, but maybe that's just me.

A few questions as well.

1. What are you going to do to bring the separation of GM and SO to a close? From what i have seen and experienced as spec reg SO always felt like an outside group or another battalion within its self even though its a sub unit of the battalion and is treated as a full on battalion with another sub unit in a sub unit (jets unit)

2. How do you plan to set up a stable future for the battalion? As mentioned above it always seems that every BCMD wants to re work GMACT and BT. 

3. Does your battalion take you as a serious leader? From what i have heard there are some issues currently within the 21st and with legacy members having a bit too much say, how do you plan on dealing with this?
4. How do you plan to not burn yourself out while doing all of this. I'm going to be very blunt here the 21st has struggled to stay conistent for a very long time. It has been plagued by activity issues and leadership issues. Do you plan on waiting to fill your command slots and wait for the right people/ do you think you have the current people to fill the needed gaps? 

Answers:
1. As of right now, I have Butters and Mav to thank for getting the ball rolling on this. During one of our meetings, they sat down and discussed this very question. Our solution was to allow Branch Officers positions (For S.O Branches [ ARFO & PLTO]) to no longer be RESTRICTED to S.O. We had a situation earlier this week where a trooper had to decline KU tryouts because he would loose his position in a branch if he joined us, that right there creates a divide, so hopefully this small change will be the first of many to fix it. The most difficult thing about SO and GM is they both specialize in very different styles of combat. GMs are badass balls to the walls fighters, whereas SO are very sneaky breeky. I could get with my officers and devise a few combat scenario plans to utilize during events and trainings that would play each unit to its strengths to accomplish one larger goal.

2. What I meant by "Rework" GMACT and BT is to review the doc, find any information that is inaccurate or out of date, and fix it. Essentially a good coat of wax on an old car to make it shine like it used to. As far as stability goes, that is something that (through the use of communication and meetings with my REG, Battalion, and CMDs) we will slowly build as everyone kinda adjusts and settles in from the culture shock 21st faced when EOD and Tech were transferred to SOBDE. 

3. As of late, I would say that the 21st definitely does consider me as a competent and serious leader. Ever since I have joined the battalion after my community departure, I have been trying to mentor and help them grow as leaders, and I think Ive been doing a pretty handy dandy job. As for the legacy members having too much say; it has been dealt with. Legacy members no longer have sway over battalion votes/changes unless they are CURRENTLY ACTIVE within the battalion. With "Shadow Company" in the past, it became a safe haven for legacy members to change things in the 21st without even BEING in the 21st. 

4. I have a full time job and plenty of other games to keep me from being burnt out from GMOD. My current schedule is 9amEST to 6pmEST. Ill be getting home around 7pm, then eating dinner, so I'd say its safe to say if I play from 8pm to 10/12pm for anywhere from 4-6 days a week, I will have plenty of time to lead my battalion and build it for the future. Ive been playing gmod for almost 8,000 hours, Ive come to understand how I get burnt out and how to manage it. Activity right now is understandably low, a lot of my troopers are adults with jobs or Teens who are away for the holidays. We plan on improving our public image to everyone on the server to eventually convince people who wish to join 21st, to actually have a good reason to now. I have 2 new CMDs picked out and and currently discussing those candidates with my Reg. (If) I get Bacara, I will wait till the time is right, and go ahead with those promotions. 

Thank you for the questions! :)

• Informative 1

Why am I still here?

tFzBhdd.png

+1; Never met you, but from your application and your responses to the questions posed, you seem to be a qualified and reasonable individual. Good luck with the 21st!

• Friendly 1

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

On 12/28/2020 at 6:27 PM, Dinaric said:

+1 this guy right here man smh

”uH tHiS aPP iS tOo bArE” man stfu, this man has enough experience to lead a battalion it LITERALLY doesn’t matter. You can write a long-ass app but still have no experience it don’t matter.

No one has yet to state that above you so I don’t know why you said that but aside from this

Bigboss +1 from me

• Funny 1
  • Winner 1

Aye I'm in 212th!

• 2 weeks later...

It seems as though some people think there wasn't a lot of thought going into this decision, the following outlines or process so the community can see it with full transparency.

Reasons for this Decision:

1.  Two Discussions to understand viewpoints and opinions regarding the battalion that did not have clear plan or view point on the current standards and issues within 21st.
  2. Failed to take action on certain things and uphold 21st own standards regarding punishment or improvement of the innerworkings and outlook to the rest of the community of 21st.
  3. Seemed to be indifferent on thought process due to legacy and influence in the battalion.
  4. Culture and interaction with 21st did not see a problem in most cases when issues were brought up.
  5. Clearly did not have a defined role for command structure and implementation in the absence of highers.

Reasons for Deliberation Length?

1.  Fair and unbaised interview process with follow ups to understand the thought process and plan of action of the applicant.
  2.  Ensured Questions and concerns were addressed.
  3.  Given examples of current things being done inside the battalion and with a few tips of something that needs to be fixed.
  4.  Looked at his position and previous attributes and contributions.  Actions and conduct in all regards.
  5. Did mutiple Discussions with high commands at possibilities and outcomes both positive and negative.

• Winner 4
  • Informative 7
  • Pay Respect 1