[Directors] Remove the Ladder

Marvel

• Management
Management

Name: Marvel | Tracer

RP Rank: CSM

Suggestion: Unperma prop the ladder that goes over the base wall

Implementation: Bean it. It's stupid.

Lore: Why would a MILITARY base allow a ladder to be put up on the outside of their wall?

:FeelsTastyMan:

If Bounty Hunter's want into the base they should ROLEPLAY! That's the reason they are on the server right? Waste of perma props.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

+1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

• Retired Founder

As someone who has attempted to be in the shoes of the bounty hunters, both on Anaxes and on Felucia, plain and simple, people don't want to roleplay with them. Also some jobs that they have, such as the IG unit, are KOS and will have absolutely no chance without any extras.

The ladder was placed so that when people refuse to roleplay with the Bounty Hunters because of their personal opinion that "they should be removed", they still have a way of doing completing their roleplay. This is also useful for event jobs, when there's only 2 ways into the base without a Game Master opening up the rayshield for them or just teleporting them into the base.

If there is something that makes more sense for a way they can actually be a viable part of the server without having to rely on other players who at the current point won't engage in any roleplay other than "YOU BOUNTY HUNTER. YOU BAD. ME SHOOT.", we'd be open to that.

7 hours ago, Forseen said:

As someone who has attempted to be in the shoes of the bounty hunters, both on Anaxes and on Felucia, plain and simple, people don't want to roleplay with them. Also some jobs that they have, such as the IG unit, are KOS and will have absolutely no chance without any extras.

If there is something that makes more sense for a way they can actually be a viable part of the server without having to rely on other players who at the current point won't engage in any roleplay other than "YOU BOUNTY HUNTER. YOU BAD. ME SHOOT.", we'd be open to that.

I kinda want to address this as someone who loves BH on implementation but now adhore them.

Most BHs are idiots, especially on Anaxes. They would all crowd around the front and just say dumb things to get in base. I would rp that the reason isn't valid but they would then just start being irritating

Main gate buffer zone was just an awful place to be. BHs would wither exist peacefully or just kill people for no reason. IG units would just go out and RDM basically. They always wanted to be in the base and no one wanted to baby sit them cos they know they are gonna do something bad.

I just see a BH and I am just sad and annoyed. They are marginally better than sith as they don't have to be so edgy.

• Agree 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

-1, It does nothing but help create roleplay by giving a "backdoor" that otherwise wouldn't exist. Without it Bounty Hunters have no actual way to sneak into the base. Theirs no role play they can do to sneak in that doesn't involve them abusing admin mode to get inside otherwise. Without this theirs no chance of them having any fun interactions. Maybe if you want to replace their one way into base for the hostile category bounty hunters have it replaced with a better way for them to get into the base that isn't just "bUt RoLePlAy It", because that just doesn't happen.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Forum Admin

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

ur just mad cause you got owned by my shotgun

But nah I don't trust Clones to actually give me the time of day when I'm on my BH. Even when I'm on my friendly merc they're trying to kick me out. And it's always a DU for some reason... hmm...

They have no reason to trust me on any other job though to be fair. They're usually right about me being a bad boi.

-1 though. Gotta get shit done somehow.

• Funny 1
  • Winner 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

+1
It doesn't make sense for a military base to leave a ladder up on the fortifying walls. And Bounty Hunters who come on base without permission should either be killed or detained for unauthorized entry. Remember people we are on a hostile planet, during a war. You really think a military presence would be OKAY with leaving up a security breach? For RP or not, it makes no fucking sense. I am all for increasing RP but in ways that support common sense and the lore. 

• Agree 1

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

4 hours ago, Ratio said:

And it's always a DU for some reason... hmm...

Listen here buddy 10/10 times the only ones I ask are ruthless and freelancer, friendly or republic I could care less. It’s not my fault I want a military base secure, and the people on it to have the correct papers. 

imagine wanting to have a secure military base am I right :Pepega:  And no one wants to RP with a BH cuz you either get shot, they steal something or run off. 
+1 remove it 

Edited by Dennis
  • Agree 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

41 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Listen here buddy 10/10 times the only ones I ask are ruthless and freelancer, friendly or republic I could care less. It’s not my fault I want a military base secure, and the people on it to have the correct papers. 

imagine wanting to have a secure military base am I right :Pepega:  And no one wants to RP with a BH cuz you either get shot, they steal something or run off. 
+1 remove it 

Naw that's perfectly reasonable, was talking about the times this occurred on my Republic Merc. Tbf, it is usually done by newer troopers. But it is pretty funny how it's always a DU.

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

• Retired Founder
5 hours ago, Metro said:

+1
It doesn't make sense for a military base to leave a ladder up on the fortifying walls. And Bounty Hunters who come on base without permission should either be killed or detained for unauthorized entry. Remember people we are on a hostile planet, during a war. You really think a military presence would be OKAY with leaving up a security breach? For RP or not, it makes no fucking sense. I am all for increasing RP but in ways that support common sense and the lore. 

The ladder isn't there for RP. There is only so far the server can go with RP vs how much needs to be done for the server to work logistically.

@Forseen

What if we built a buffer zone like we did before. Either that or a series of outpost around the different planets to encourage motion of the player base and then meaning BHs can interact with clones outside of base where it's more natural then them knocking on a military bases door for something.

The outpost idea benefits all.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

we could move the ladder to the backyard maybe? theres basically nobody out there and it would add a bit of challenge in getting to ER or other vital parts of the base. this way the people who want to RP and get inside through trickery and deception use the front gate and those with more overt methods have to take greater risks with getting inside.

• Retired Founder
2 minutes ago, Dax said:

we could move the ladder to the backyard maybe? theres basically nobody out there and it would add a bit of challenge in getting to ER or other vital parts of the base. this way the people who want to RP and get inside through trickery and deception use the front gate and those with more overt methods have to take greater risks with getting inside.

You say that, but even getting into the ER can be tricky too, as well as if you get in, turn off the shields and then have to get out before people block up the ER door?

2 minutes ago, Forseen said:

You say that, but even getting into the ER can be tricky too, as well as if you get in, turn off the shields and then have to get out before people block up the ER door?

well ya know, compromises aren't always perfect

Or instead you could make the ladder prop invisible but keep the actual ladder tool there and have the bounty hunters RP that they used a grappling hook or magnetic claws/gloves to sneak into base rather than make the Republic look like incompetent fools for leaving an oh-so-obvious ladder prop propped up on walls so people can completely ignore the closed rayshield. This way it actually seems like they tried and succeeded to get into base rather than exploiting a dumbass weakness in our fortified walls.

5 hours ago, Ratio said:

Naw that's perfectly reasonable, was talking about the times this occurred on my Republic Merc. Tbf, it is usually done by newer troopers. But it is pretty funny how it's always a DU.

we Just out here doing our job ;)

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

seems like a pretty tough topic but until people start actually wanting to RP with BH instead of complaining about RP not existing then it should probably stay tbh

SAs don't take tickets lol so I'd rather have a permanent thing there, for insurance 

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Forum Admin

-1 I could give a less of a shit honestly whether or not BH’s could do their job. If you rp bring a ladder or whatever I’m fine with it, just feels weird kinda allowing a BH to just waltz up there. Good BH’s are sparse nowadays and to just enable them to do less rp I think is redundant.

• Dumb 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Banned

-4 (-1)

-1 most of the times I have been denied into the base for reasons such as "We don't need you or assistance" and there is not really much for BH's to do besides messing with the republic or interacting with them some way.

Current: GM ARC SSG | Former CG CMD & Stone

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
Head Admin

+1, dumb stuff lol.

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

On 6/23/2020 at 11:22 PM, Forseen said:

The ladder was placed so that when people refuse to roleplay with the Bounty Hunters because of their personal opinion that "they should be removed", they still have a way of doing completing their roleplay. This is also useful for event jobs, when there's only 2 ways into the base without a Game Master opening up the rayshield for them or just teleporting them into the base.

hmm sounds eriely familiar to something that was on the server about a year a go I just can't put my finger on it... :monkaHmm:

• Agree 1

This suggestion has been DENIED.

The ladder is a bit unrealistic in terms of RP, but it helps out Bounty hunters to actually be able to get into base and initiate RP.

The ladder can be edited / changed , just not removed.
//Locked and moved to denied.

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance: