[DIRECTORS] Adding clearance cards to server.

Naffen

Forum Admin

Name:Bonk/ Based Medo IA 2ndlt Naffen /Meena Tills

Suggestion:adding clearance cards 1-3

Implementation: i was thinking of adding security cards like in most servers, so officers would have clearance pass 2 or something and could open a Ray shield door to exit the base and enter but clones up to csm would have clearance pass level 1 meaning they can't  could add a lot of RP and event stuff. so to open the gate at the gate you have to have clearance level 2 or higher to leave and enter, clearance one don't work.  Officer jobs or better/higher get clearance level 2 or higher, base ops get clearance level 2 or depending on job higher etc. This can be really helpful as base ops aren't took active at the moment and sometimes are holding back on Roleplay. This won't make base ops play the door simulation game and can allow us to improve on other aspects like activity whilst everyone can do their duties.

Clearance level 1- permission to stay in base and live there etc. PVT-CSM

Clearance level 2- permission to leave the base, use the meeting room etc. WO-Commanders

Clearance level 3- over rule orders or immune to orders from clearance level 2 or below.  Can leave base with please. BCMDs, senators and XO or higher

These are just some ideas me and Palpatine gathered together.  +1/-1 and give me a reason please, also ass your own suggestions too!

I know high command was thinking of some ideas so I thought why not think aswell

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

-1 what about situations where you have to go somewhere but you dont have a card.

not to mention you’d have to manually give people cards at the rank of WO or whatever

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

Banned

-1 cards give me aids

On a serious note how would these be distributed we can't put it on a job because then everyone would have access to them regardless of rank.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

33 minutes ago, Nade Jones said:

On a serious note how would these be distributed we can't put it on a job because then everyone would have access to them regardless of rank.

Most battalions have officer jobs I think

Edited by Stern
3 minutes ago, Stern said:

Most battalions have officer jobs.

What about the ones that don't? It has to apply to all battalions on the server 

Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore - "Pressure makes diamonds, Ease makes decay"

2 time Rancor BCMD, 3 time Commander Havoc

Banned
1 minute ago, 104th Spartan said:

+1 increased immersion, and a better experience for the players

How would adding cards create a better experience for the players? 

r4ymo.gif

Forum Admin

Can you atleast give reasoning? This is just a basis idea it can always be altered

-1, We have IDs lmao just peeps are too lazy to edit them after a promotion

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

From all the -1s I see come from people saying “Oh this is lazy” 

“Oh this is unnecessary “ 

You dont realise that this means you can exit the base with out permission. This takes stress away from base ops low numbers atm and means there will be more of a flow to PTE abd PTL. With the key cards means that the gate can stay open until events start. And if you have a card you dont have to rely on base ops “door men” to open and close after you.

Edited by Stern
6 minutes ago, Stern said:

From all the -1s I see come from people saying “Oh this is lazy” 

“Oh this is unnecessary “ 

You dont realise that this means you can exit the base with out permission. This takes stress away from base ops low numbers atm and means there will be more of a flow to PTE abd PTL. With the key cards means that the gate can stay open until events start. And if you have a card you dont have to rely on base ops “door men” to open and close after you.

I understand, but we've gone without this kind of thing for a long time and have been fine so far.
Also, logistically, giving out the cards to people who need them would be fucking difficult as hell. You can't just give them to certain jobs because some people might be an officer and use a job that isn't the officer job (most people in my experience). You would have to give them out in a case to case basis and that sounds like a complete hassle.
My -1 stands.

I will remain neutral until these questions are answered as they are my primary questions and concerns about it in general:

In distribution of said cards, one can be a CMD on a HVY job the same as whatever a bats lowest rank for HVY is (normally like SPC or CPL). So would we simply force players to be on different jobs or would we have cards that mean nothing anyway since we would have to RP they had a higher clearance level due to which job they selected?

Allowing people to leave base would still require some amount of monitoring from ST and BO. If there is another way that this will be handled, how would that go?

Why is this something that seems a good idea when it can kind of take away from a portion of RP that isn't necessarily too flawed in a direct sense (not the ranks fault they can't leave the base is what I mean. It's activity)?

How could this work in events? Such as fabricated/stolen IDs and such. ST can see the /me shows fabricated ID or whatnot and try to roll for inspection and things go from there.

Neutral It could be interesting would think it would be good for ease of in and out of the base to replace the PTE PTL but then distribution how you could guarantee someone gets the right one for the right rank constantly bugging admins about no having the right one as for the officer class subjection not all batts have a officer job and using a officer job just to open and close door wouldn't be that fun

Forum Admin

I wanted it to be like the actual cards we could get and put them on officer jobs or higher, but for people who don't have officer jobs we could put it on their job like directly by their steam ID I guess?

45 minutes ago, [SR] Naffen [A] said:

I wanted it to be like the actual cards we could get and put them on officer jobs or higher, but for people who don't have officer jobs we could put it on their job like directly by their steam ID I guess?

That’s near enough impossible, if not extremely hard

• Founder
Founder

Suggestion Pending

This suggestion will be reviewed

• 5 weeks later...