Quill's Rex Application v.2 (waived by Directors)

Quillhan

Steam Name:

[SR] Quill Khan [SA]

RP Name:

104th MED ARC SGT Quill

Steam ID (SteamID Finder): 

STEAM_0:1:47561524

Battalion or squad you are applying for:

501st Legion

Experience:

501st Commander and the ranks prior

501st ARC Leader and the ranks prior

Trainer Manager and the ranks prior

Game Master Officer and the ranks prior

Veteran Administrator and the ranks prior

501st Intel Director and the ranks prior

104th Medic

104th ARC

104th SGT and the ranks prior

Attack Regimental Commander

I would be considered a veteran of the server by now I would assume, I spent roughly 3 months in the 501st working my ass off to make that battalion great. I rose through the ranks and held a number of titles in the 501st. I was the Intel Director, ARC Lead, CMD, and Rex himself. I was Rex, for just under a full term before I moved on to ATK Reg. During my time on Synergy I played over 2000 hours in 5 months. I was extremely dedicated to the 501st and it showed. Numbers grew and my reputation on the server grew. I was able to bring back some old 501st and even solidify the battalion as a whole, before leaving it in the hands of the next Rex, Joah. I kept people in line, while still maintain a fun, yet respectful space to be. I credit a lot of my success to my mentors, who helped me work through the problems I faced and actively leaned on my battalion, as well as outsiders, to give input. I tried my best not the be biased and overall I left the 501st in a better spot than it was when I inherited the mantle of Battalion Commander. 

I resigned from the server for roughly 7 weeks, before I made my return. I immediately joined the 104th, my favorite lore battalion, to hang out and play GMOD with the boys. I have made a mediocre return and have tried to have fun, while keeping a relative serious outlook on the server and it's community. I have used my experience to give insight when asked to give input, but mainly just sat back and enjoyed the game while I have been here. I love these guys and this battalion and I will be back if I get this position. I get on a decent amount and I try to interact with the other NCOs, give them advice when I can.

Before I resigned from staff back in the day I was a TRM and a GMO. I am currently back in the staff team as of today, opting to be a GH and an SA. My aim now is to just help the server and make some good events, host sims when I can. Being staff for so long allowed me to take a perspective on the server that non-staff can't. I was able to interact with a number of battalions and people, while also being in charge of pivotal parts of the server. I was able to run my programs well before I resigned.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

I'm not coming back to mess around. It hurts me to see this battalion in the state that it is and it will not stay that way if I get Rex. I don't want to see this battalion die and it won't if I get the position. I proved in my past term as Rex that I am capable of the position and I can do that again. The battalion needs a leader and someone they can trust to make the right calls, I can be that man. I made some tough calls as Rex and ultimately they helped the battalion. I wiped officers, I wiped NCOs, I did what I needed to do to keep the battalion running. Despite all that I was loved and respected by my fellow 501st, as I felt the same about them. At no point was I ever deemed unfit to lead and I tried my best to make that battalion the best one on the server. At one point we had over 30 people on for a BvB and bolster good numbers throughout my term. All the regiments were functioning well, and the Intel Team did their jobs. The most important thing that I feel makes me a candidate for Rex, is that at no point was I unapproachable or unreasonable. I never made people feel bad about themselves and I everyone to feel like they could bring something to my attention without negative repercussions. I love this battalion and I wouldn't be coming back if I didn't.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:

Yes.

Availability:

I play roughly 30 hours a week. My activity is good, but I am not going to be on 24/7.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: 

7 month anniversary is today!

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes.

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:

The Legendary members of the 501st all agree that this battalion needs to change, no matter who gets Rex, somebody needs to step in. The goal would be to get the battalion to a point, where the right candidate could inherit my position as Rex. I am here to help someone get to the point where they can run a battalion and get the battalion to the point where activity and interests in joining are high. I would like to tackle the lack of members, activity, and current stigmas of the battalion. By the end of my term, the battalion should be active, respected, and running efficiently enough for me to leave it in the hands of someone capable. I am confident that with the help of High Command, past 501st members, and the current battalion members that these goals can be accomplished. Too man things have been left untouched and unregulated.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:

Yes.

Edited by Quill Khan
Directors* not High Staff and I forgot about my time as HC.
  • Agree 2

HOLY COW

Deadass the dedication this man put into making the 501st one of the best and friendliest battalions on the server was phenomenal. During my time as a CT there have been few battalions that have continuously been friendly to the new players of the server that are CTs. And honestly, I attribute all of that to Quill. He not only made my time as a new player enjoyable but he always balanced the serious rp with having a FUCKING GOOD TIME, which a lot of people on the server have not been capable of.

+1 The respect I have of the 501st from you will never fade.

• Winner 1

:)

+1 Quill has hands down been the best Rex I have played with in a long time, and I’ve been under a number of Rex’s in the past. I was sad to see him go for ATK Reg but knew it was for the best. Best of luck brother and Ik you’ll do your best as always.