RP Name: Jake | Kal

RP Rank: Major

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:88765992

Battalion you are applying for: SOBDE

Experience: 
212th Commander
41st Major
SOBDE Major

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: The reason that I believe that I should become BCMD is due to the extensive amount of time and experience that I have within the community. I am someone that has the level of maturity and professionalism that is required of a position of this station and I know that I have the ability to stay level-headed during difficult moments. I also know that I have what it takes to exercise due diligence when making decisions. While I may not have the time on the server that some of my peers do, I make up for it with my ability to consistently be available to help everyone in the community, whether they are in my battalion or not. I believe that I am an approachable individual who is compassionate and understanding.
In terms of experience, I feel that my time on the server has led me to gain so much knowledge. When I first started off, I had some prior experience in a leadership role, but Synergy has been a whole different beast. I remember when I was rising through the ranks in the 212th, I encountered some tough situations that I never had to experience before, especially the kind of situations that end up in the hands of HC from time to time. For instance, I remember when we had BvB, 212th seemed like a group of animals that Merril, Guttler, and myself had to wrangle and calm. We promoted simulations and events that focused on PvP and team building to help prepare the battalion for the upcoming fight. It is due to these efforts, I believe, that we ended up having an actual shot at winning, and we in fact ranked quite high.

Availability: 24/7 on DIscord
In game availability - Monday-Sunday 6PM-12pm

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: 4 years

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

By the end of my term, there are four main things that I want to see out of SOBDE. First, I want to ensure that relations are improved between SOBDE and other battalions by promoting greater interaction and joint trainings with other battalions. We are often closed off from the other battalions and don't really engage with them much, which I think is a shame. Second, I want to increase our in game activity by putting great emphasis on PvP and RP-focused SOBDE events. I believe it is important for us to focus on the things that we do best and make sure that we are maintaining our current skill levels. Third, I want to improve the relations between Squad Leads and Squad XOs by providing more freedom and access to the Squad XOs. I want to allow the Squad XOs to have more of a say in things and get more hands-on experience with running things in the battalion. Finally, I want to get people more interested in going for a specific squad, a specific character and not just joining the battalion because they are bored or want a challenge. Too many people have joined recently without knowing where they want to end up in the battalion, to its detriment.

Public Relations
Throughout my time in SOBDE, it has had its periods of ups and downs. I have noticed that there is a decline in the perception of the battalion to those outside of it. I would like to have SOBDE in a position where it has those positive relations with other battalions and have them view us as a group that the whole server can work with and enjoy their time on the server with. I want to do this by promoting more joining in other battalions during deployments and trainings, whenever possible, and not hiding in our own channel, cut off from the rest of the server’s populace. I feel the best way to do this is by selecting a squad to join up with another battalion during an event/training and have them get to know that battalion and interact with them.

Promoting Activity

The biggest issue with activity in SOBDE at the moment is that they tend to show up for tryouts but are not really seen outside of that. This is a shame, since the squad is made up of only lore characters and as such, should generally be a more active group. To entice the battalion to be more active, I want to have more PVP-centric activities and more RP focused events for SOBDE and other battalions to promote overall cohesion and activity.

Defining Roles

Oftentimes in SOBDE the Squad XO doesn't always have the input that they should. Right now, their position is mostly relegated to training to be replacements and not getting to provide much input in the direction the battalion is heading. For such an important position, I believe they should have more say in the battalion's future, both in hearing what is going on and where they want to see it go. But they should also gain more responsibilities since currently 1 sim is not something that takes much time and they can be given more responsibilities. I want to leave them in charge of handling more disciplining actions while still seeking guidance from squad lead since as of late there has become a tinge of elitism taking a resurgence within SOBDE that I feel XO’s could definitely squash as well as hosting tryouts by allowing XO’s to host tryouts after being within a squad for a certain length of time.

In the battalion, I believe that it would be advantageous to have our commanders take a step back and take on more of a supervisory role, to help mentor and guide our Squad XOs so that they may one day become Squad Leads themselves. Sometimes, it feels as though some XOs sit in their spot after the Squad Lead leaves to wait and see if they can actually learn what they need to so they can take over the Squad Lead position, which is not how it should be. They should feel comfortable in their training to just assume the role, once it opens, and free up their spot for the next person to take command, learn, and grow.

Desire for a Lore Character

Recently, we've had a much larger influx of people that want to join SOBDE overall without knowing which direction they want to head in. They attend a difficult trial or are bored and don't care what character they ultimately end up with. This causes problems because they eventually end up seeking positions within other squads that other people are already trying to go for, thus creating strife. I want attendees to seek positions they actually desire, not chase a position out of boredom. I want them to enjoy the group they try for, enjoy the character that they want to be. Right now, I am currently brainstorming ideas on how I can make these changes to the battalion work in a way that makes sense for us, without being too limited.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: Yes

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Honestly just a great person for this role and I think he would fit the standards and needs for SOBDE as of now so I mean what else could I put on this app?...... +1

Former Wrath of the Sith
Former Grey Jedi Master
Former BCMD of Special Operations/Shadow Company
-Aust (austistic)

+1 good guy. Im finna get his bounty tho

Current: Havoc ARC Overseer / Rancor MAJ  

Ex: Alpha-22 Aven Sage Manager

spacer.png

Veteran Admin

+1 Hes the guy we need for SOBDE <3

+1.

He went through a short burst of activity issues and quickly recovered and rose through SOBDE and has been outstanding to talk to and RP with. Even when he ignores my jabs at him.

Best of luck my man

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Head Admin

Short app, plays a short character, short list of issues. 

Short. 

+1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

GM Leadership

+1

Best choice will do amazing

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

Veteran Admin

+1

Current: 501st Commander | TC Kano | Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager | Quest Master TRO
Former: 332nd Captain Vaughn (x2) | Torrent Company Commander Appo | 501st Regimental Advisor | 332nd Officer Vyse (x3) | TC Officer Kano | TC Officer Tup | TC Dogma

96e1f283745a8d13665184e2f4d1c2c787303b42
IM BATMAN

Bro knows what it takes to run SOBDE. I have total confidence in him!

+1

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Director
Director

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

You will be contacted by a Director or relevant High Command for your denial reason.

You may apply for another commander positions after 30 DAYS from this post.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

• Confused 1
  • Dumb 6