Bring back Mic Radius

Mystic

Name: Mystic

RP Rank: Jedi Overseer l Captain

Suggestion: Re-implement the ability to see nearby players when speaking/typing

Implementation: Requires development

Lore: Without this ability we leave uncloaking up to an honor system, which can't always be trusted. Without this it makes it difficult to enforce cloaking rules.

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

• Management
Management

If your issue is cloaking then I’d rather something be made to where people that can see cloaks can just actually see them rather than bringing this back which has led to a ton of meta gaming in the past not only with people that can’t see cloaks realizing that someone is cloaked near them and somehow using it to their advantage but with things like seeing who can hear you on the other side of walls, what someone’s name is without being able to see them and also using that to your advantage ie. Looking for an HVT during an event and searching the area but just using your mic radius to zone into their location. I was not fond of this when it was around.

Coming from someone that has been in positions that could see cloaked people for most of my time on Synergy and also being a staff member for most of my time as well I would much rather take a bullet in my RP position then have to deal with all the meta gaming incidents that would occur if this would return.

Not worth it.

Also to give a semi solution to the whole cloaking debate - The current suit zoom we have had an option that would highlight players and NPCs and would actually highlight people while cloaked. This has since been turned off for everyone but if there was a way to give it to RC and SO so they could properly utilize it I would be down for it. 

• Agree 5

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

2 minutes ago, Marvel said:

If your issue is cloaking then I’d rather something be made to where people that can see cloaks can just actually see them rather than bringing this back which has led to a ton of meta gaming in the past not only with people that can’t see cloaks realizing that someone is cloaked near them and somehow using it to their advantage but with things like seeing who can hear you on the other side of walls, what someone’s name is without being able to see them and also using that to your advantage ie. Looking for an HVT during an event and searching the area but just using your mic radius to zone into their location. I was not fond of this when it was around.

Coming from someone that has been in positions that could see cloaked people for most of my time on Synergy and also being a staff member for most of my time as well I would much rather take a bullet in my RP position then have to deal with all the meta gaming incidents that would occur if this would return.

Not worth it.

Also to give a semi solution to the whole cloaking debate - The current suit zoom we have had an option that would highlight players and NPCs and would actually highlight people while cloaked. This has since been turned off for everyone but if there was a way to give it to RC and SO so they could properly utilize it I would be down for it. 

i don't care how seeing cloaks comes back, its just tiring dealing with BHs who cloak into brig/BCC

this works

• Dumb 1

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

2 hours ago, Mystic said:

i don't care how seeing cloaks comes back, its just tiring dealing with BHs who cloak into brig/BCC

this works

Please report them if you catch them. They will receive a swift blacklist from Guild Spy and potentially more

-1 I agree with what Marvel said. There is already so much meta-gaming towards people cloaking now I don't want to give an easier way to do that.

Edited by Hanz

🌓🌙

-1 I can’t believe I’m gonna say it but marvel has the right idea 

• Funny 1
  • Dumb 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

6 hours ago, Marvel said:

Not worth it.

3 hours ago, Dennis said:

-1 I can’t believe I’m gonna say it but marvel has the right idea 

4 hours ago, Hanz said:

Please report them if you catch them. They will receive a swift blacklist from Guild Spy and potentially more

-1 I agree with what Marvel said. There is already so much meta-gaming towards people cloaking now I don't want to give an easier way to do that.

What would you three say is a good implementation to allow SO/SOBDE to see cloaks?

I have a few ideas, alsng with what Marvel mentioned but i think if we do push for something it may as well be unique. 

This was put up with other suggestions in mind, but i just fell back on what we used to have. I am definitely open to adjusting this accordingly as suggestions are also about feedback

-1 This was more of a crutch when it was in the server imo. If you find someone not abiding by the rules you can always ask staff to find out who it is via the spectate command. That way they can be reported and dealt with accordingly.

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

• Management
Management
5 hours ago, Mystic said:

What would you three say is a good implementation to allow SO/SOBDE to see cloaks?

I have a few ideas, alsng with what Marvel mentioned but i think if we do push for something it may as well be unique. 

This was put up with other suggestions in mind, but i just fell back on what we used to have. I am definitely open to adjusting this accordingly as suggestions are also about feedback

My only idea is what I said in my previous post. Not sure how it would be implemented or if it’s possible but idk any other way it would work either. Only issue with the binocular highlight is that there is essentially no range on it so they could spot a cloaked person from a lot farther. Better than an honor system imo but I can see people not enjoying that change.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

13 hours ago, Marvel said:

Not worth it.

thermic vision suggestion? :pepe5head:

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

16 hours ago, Mystic said:

I’d say it should be something that you have to be actively using it or looking for cloaked people. Not just passive anti cloak projected from your armor. 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

• 2 months later...
Systems Dev

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife