BVB: A New Hope (Episode 6)

Hello everyone!

The High Staff team are looking at bringing back Battalion v Battalion! However, we do not want it to be the same two game modes as last time so we are asking you for ideas!

Some ideas that we have come up with:

- Time Trials of a CIT run or Dupe 

- Build Battle on event server

- Roleplay challenge - Movie Scene re-enactment

- Dodgeball tournament

- A BARC relay race

Would people be interested in perhaps smaller weekly/biweekly competitions with smaller prizes each week instead of a grand tournament? 

Would people be interested in having it so you can choose your teams instead of having it just stuck to battalions?

Ideas do NOT have to be GMOD focussed, if there is a popular game that is FREE and could pose as an exciting game mode for BVB then let us know below!

104th Starwars GIF - 104th Starwars Clone Wars - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Freck
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Dumb 2

British

Forum Admin

I fuck with build battle heavy, like would come back just for that

There would need to be categories though fs, like a 3 day thing

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Banned

Two things I recommend for this BvB season:

1. Capitalize on handing out the promised rewards (if any are promised)
2. Don't make it run longer than it should. Months on end of the same event knocks a mofo out

Edited by Jayarr
  • Winner 1

I have always been a super competitive person so i would love the idea of a BVB focused on being the actual best battalion challenging all battalions with the help of HC/High Staff to ensure no bias, stuff that will challenge and help all battalions, most recruits, most quality roleplay, the only issue is i can see it to be the most toxic thing ever. 

I really do like the idea of having HC way more involved with the battalions, maybe the first round will be regiment V Regiment and then it goes to the finals, if it can be balanced enough with a good enough GM, imagine a round where you have to do a basic deployment with the least amount of kills/health lost.

PVP rounds, i feel its the easiest way for the event to get toxic as the battalion gets blamed, i would really want to see a BVB with no PVP at all,  having them fight to be the best quality is a much better idea for me personally. Imagine a 2 week heated competition of seeing the best battalion.

Edited by Bacta

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

18 hours ago, Conrad said:

Remove the battalion aspect. Make it player based only.

How would we organise this? Do we let people pick teams because that would be insanely unfair, if pull volunteered names from hats how will we know everyone will turn up and how will we know those people will willingly work together

Battalions, with all their flaws, provide the best basis for teams as they hold prior structure that hold them together and somewhat consistent numbers we can trust to turn up.

so players based only would really only work for non-team choices which very much limits what we can do with BvB 

not saying your idea is wrong it just seems hard to implement

Edited by Comics

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

1 hour ago, Bruise said:

I loved dodgeball when we did it a few years ago. Might be tough to set up but would be fun.

How did it work? I found that you can use gravguns to throw heavy props that can kill/knockout players and that kind of works for a dodgeball type thing (during a box-rp event a while ago they gave everyone gravguns and several people were accidentally killed in the process of throwing boxes).

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Just now, Shrimp said:

How did it work? I found that you can use gravguns to throw heavy props that can kill/knockout players and that kind of works for a dodgeball type thing (during a box-rp event a while ago they gave everyone gravguns and several people were accidentally killed in the process of throwing boxes).

So I remember we spawned in helicopter grenades and had everyone get grav guns. We lined up and went on the count of ten and just chucked the grenades at each other.

• Informative 1

- Your Local Headass, Bruise.

Former: Jedi Master,  BCMD Gree , Recon RCMD Head Admin , GMM, Adi GalliaCommander Faie X2, Cooker

• Director
Director

Sounds really good 

• Informative 1

Choosing teams/volunteering out of a pool doesn't sound good. Battalions typically are already made up of mostly friends so I don't think it's necessary to further that with one really OP group.

Using a map for PVE would be cool also instead of a CIT run or a dupe. Just spawn some droids in an area or something and have people clear it out.

Also can there be a tf2 match please (serious). And for the movie re-enactment challenge can the scenario be the Joker and Batman interrogation scene from the Dark Knight (also serious)

• Winner 1

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

On 3/22/2022 at 5:21 PM, Freck said:

- Time Trials of a CIT run or Dupe 

I don't think this is a bad idea as long as the course can be recreated exactly the same per run.

- Build Battle on event server

It could be a good chance to show off the creative ability of players.

- Roleplay challenge - Movie Scene re-enactment

Seems kinda iffy. What would they be roleplaying? Scenes related to their bat? What is the criteria? Will people lose to the guys that can do the really good clone voices? 

- Dodgeball tournament

Sure, it's different.

- A BARC relay race

As long as it isn't on a map with iffy hitboxes and the BARCs have higher than normal health, why not. But it probably won't be fun if all the contestants burn out in 20 seconds because they rammed each other taking a turn too hard.

Just placing my thoughts on each in red so the post isn't giant.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

Honestly, don't do BvB. Let that tradition finally die. I like the idea of doing non-pvp stuff for contests, or even doing other games, but don't call it BvB, don't even group them by battalions. The last 3 or 4 BvBs have turned the entire concept into arguing, elitism, and alienation of battalions, which is the opposite of what big events like these should be doing. 

Having this by 'anyone can create a group' would solve so many of the issues that BvB has.

Edited by Finn
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

23 hours ago, Finn said:

Honestly, don't do BvB. Let that tradition finally die. I like the idea of doing non-pvp stuff for contests, or even doing other games, but don't call it BvB, don't even group them by battalions. The last 3 or 4 BvBs have turned the entire concept into arguing, elitism, and alienation of battalions, which is the opposite of what big events like these should be doing. 

Having this by 'anyone can create a group' would solve so many of the issues that BvB has.

I really do think that the toxicity that comes from BVB is really just because it's PVP. I don't think anyone will be upset at like 212th if they have a guy who races BARCs better than some guy in SOBDE. Or if someone from 41st can build a massive purple cock the best

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 2

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

• 1 month later...