ARF Equipment talks (Motion Tracker)

shadowlegion11

Name: Sixes

RP Rank: Ghost Company ARFO 1SG

Suggestion: new equipment for ARF Implementation: I believe this is something arf has been missing, a recon tool. I was looking for a heartbeat sensor or a threat detector grenade. This is the closest I got, the Alien Isolation Motion Tracker. which works exactly the same. though the only balance I ask is that people can not chase after invisible targets. I have not tested whether cloaked targets get tagged or not. in the case it does all I ask is for people to not meta game people who are cloaked us ARF are not stealth detectors, but this tool I do believe will help us greatly for PVE and recon deployments.

Lore: ARF troopers have a motion tracking radar built into there helmets to track anything in front of them that is unable to be visually seen by them to better track or avoid a dangerous target or creature while on recon or tracking duties.

Workshop content if applicable: motion tracker = https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329001415

Edited by shadowlegion11
  • Management

Hmm. I'm a bit skeptical of this one. It's a cool idea and all but idk if it would make the most sense for ARF per say. If it can detect cloaked people then it would definitely be a really good idea to give to individuals that can actually see cloaked people allowing for the actual possibility to locate cloakers. I honestly see this more as an RC tool tbh.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

26 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Hmm. I'm a bit skeptical of this one. It's a cool idea and all but idk if it would make the most sense for ARF per say. If it can detect cloaked people then it would definitely be a really good idea to give to individuals that can actually see cloaked people allowing for the actual possibility to locate cloakers. I honestly see this more as an RC tool tbh.

ik ur right but like come on man we are on life support for tools and arf has this tech already in lore. integrated in helm, so it fits them as well. cant we apply it to both if thats the case. that way arf gets something and SOBDE does as well cause honestly its rough for us we need something cool at least.

Edited by shadowlegion11

This seems more like an SO ARF or SOBDE item, if it didnt detect cloakers though im all for it. +1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

37 minutes ago, Mystik said:

This seems more like an SO ARF or SOBDE item, if it didnt detect cloakers though im all for it. +1

I'd argue if the logic for SOBDE getting it is detecting cloakers then it should just be put on every job capable of doing so such as RC, 21stSO, Assassin Droid, and any others I've forgotten at the moment. Jedi as a maybe but their detection is forced based so idk.

Edit: Also as a note, I'm not really sure what this would do to drive up ARF numbers. It's cool, but it won't really do much since your starting post says specifically not to track invisible targets and most of the time you can hear something shuffling if they're on the other side of a wall. I could see a few situations where it might be useful, but overall it seems more like a tool for the sake of having something new.

Edited by Dyn
  • Agree 2

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

+1 a motion tracker that utilized some type of sound wave would totally be able to pick up a cloaker and honestly it’s fine. When you cloak, your still there, just invisible. You can still be bumped into or detected on a motion sensor. This would be a great balance to people just being able to cloak and do whatever. 

spacer.png

On 2/17/2022 at 4:36 AM, Dyn said:

I'd argue if the logic for SOBDE getting it is detecting cloakers then it should just be put on every job capable of doing so such as RC, 21stSO, Assassin Droid, and any others I've forgotten at the moment. Jedi as a maybe but their detection is forced based so idk.

Edit: Also as a note, I'm not really sure what this would do to drive up ARF numbers. It's cool, but it won't really do much since your starting post says specifically not to track invisible targets and most of the time you can hear something shuffling if they're on the other side of a wall. I could see a few situations where it might be useful, but overall it seems more like a tool for the sake of having something new.

yep i agree. ARF seems to have a crazy amount of numbers anyways, the real issue i think the person is trying to bring up is the fact that ARF is no better than default troopers aside from the fact they get a DC sniper.

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

I think it is made to be for SOBDE or troops who can detect cloacked enemies.
I also don't see what the current issue is with ARF. Heavy just has an extra weapon, medics get medical tools, support gets more tools and most of them are fixated on RP and ARF gets a sniper which is actually fine.

Edited by Eagle

spacer.png

I do not think ARF should be given the power to detect cloaked hostiles. I'm guessing this would be either given to SOBDE and SO, or they would remove their ability to see cloaks. Personally don't like that. Secondly it opens up the possibility for an unlimited sized group of people to see cloaked enemies, also don't like that.

• Agree 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 2/23/2022 at 9:24 AM, Conrad said:

I do not think ARF should be given the power to detect cloaked hostiles. I'm guessing this would be either given to SOBDE and SO, or they would remove their ability to see cloaks. Personally don't like that. Secondly it opens up the possibility for an unlimited sized group of people to see cloaked enemies, also don't like that.

Even if this item doesn’t detect cloaked enemies, I do think it would fit better with SOBDE/SO as you said than ARF, and this is coming from an ARFL.

• Informative 1
  • Confused 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

This is definitely cool, however the potential for abuse of this is out of this world. I can think of literally a million ways to abuse this not only for detecting cloakers, but if it made a fucking sound, you could slap this around corners when it doesn't need to be. Placed everywhere and it would just be so much more annoying rather than useful. -1 on my end Im sorry.

On 2/17/2022 at 12:48 AM, Marvel said:

How are you always the 1st or 2nd response on every single suggestion? Do you have an email or some shit everytime someone posts?

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

• Management
4 hours ago, TheCyan said:

How are you always the 1st or 2nd response on every single suggestion? Do you have an email or some shit everytime someone posts?

I am a certified forums gremlin

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

7 minutes ago, Taz said:

sobde mfs when they see a suggestion for something that could instead be given to them

spider-man-yoink.gif

literally no one in SOBDE has labeled this an SOBDE tool.

• Dumb 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

-1 I suggest reposting and making this for SO and SOBDE or just just for the server itself as a whole. Its decently cool but i definitely dont wanna give it to a practically infinite slot job like conrad said

the Darman Keller guy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.