CT leadership

NOskillJustLuc

Name: Rook

RP Rank: 1SGT

Suggestion: My suggestion is to implement some kind of leadership role amongst the CTs. not for them to stay as one but for the trainings and RP aspect of the server. yes I do understand people that do this are minges but I am serious about this. I want to help guide new people in the server that maybe are not ready yet to join a battalion but to also give a place where they are not force to join one just feel accepted. it would be my job to be the helping hand they need to find the right battalion that fits them. I'm not saying we add all of this insane stuff to make a legit battalion of CTs but at least 2-3 head figures that can be in place to  help out the see if they are mature enough clone to be introduced into a full battalion or someone that has to be sent back to Kamino to undergo  more training.

Implementation: 2-3 leadership spots to help the CTs find battalions to join, to conduct trainings for RP aspect, help out the server but seeing what CTs are ready to make the next step and put colors on or see which CTs need more training and put back to Cadets, To work with all battalions on getting new member.

All I am asking is to give this a chance I know everyone has a mind set when it comes to the New CTs but I'm trying to help change  with proper guidance and the right people we can change how most CTs act on server  

• Management
Management

I just wannabe TR CT ARC PFC Elevator :(

I think the idea is pretty cool. This is pretty much what Sock was for the longest time before he got stinky General

My main question is are you suggesting that you get this position? Some of your wording suggests that you’d be in the position if implemented.

Also who chooses who gets the position? I imagine High Command.

And finally is this going to be a job or just someone on CT with a higher rank than PVT?

Edited by Marvel
  • Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

I feel like if this is put into affect it has to be a certain way. I feel this is just hinting to the fact of 101st again. But I mean as long as it is done correctly I can +1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

My main question is are you suggesting that you get this position? Some of your wording suggests that you’d be in the position.

He really wants this position

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

7 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I just wannabe TR CT ARC PFC Elevator :(

I think the idea is pretty cool. This is pretty much what Sock was for the longest time before he got stinky General

My main question is are you suggesting that you get this position? Some of your wording suggests that you’d be in the position if implemented.

Also who chooses who gets the position? I imagine High Command.

And finally is this going to be a job or just someone on CT with a higher rank than PVT?

I would like the position but i would want it ran through High Command to find the people such as my self will to take on the challenge it would be, i would like if there was leadership models for the people that are put into position just so you will be able to tell the difference amongst the CTs and there chain of Command

Edited by NOskillJustLuc

-1, I don't wanna be a debbie downer but there was a genuine reason 101st & ranked CTs were removed. It causes people to think they can progress outside a battalion, which they cannot.

The whole point of clone is to pursue a battalion and help those strive, I can understand the idea of CT leadership but this has already happened before and it achieved little to nothing. CT leadership has kept people in CT instead of in battalions, it pretty much always does this without fail.
People don't need to join battalions they're free to roam and do what they want but if they wish to progress they need to join one. I doubt this sorta thing would achieve anything really. People are always "mature" enough to join battalions, because the point of battalions is to join them and become disciplined and skilful.
And I don't see how you could help someone "find that battalion that best suits them" as a CT leader, if they wanna know they should just hop around battalions and see what best suits them. Second hand knowledge will never be as good or useful as first hand experience.
Another side note, you can't actually send people back to Kamino, like you can't re-train a CT. How mature they are is how mature they are and the only thing that will change that is proper experience and discipline.

As much as we all want it, you cannot have the best of both worlds. Either settle down as a simple CT PVT or join a battalion to actually progress, there is no in-between.  

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

7 minutes ago, Comics said:

-1, I don't wanna be a debbie downer but there was a genuine reason 101st & ranked CTs were removed. It causes people to think they can progress outside a battalion, which they cannot.

The whole point of clone is to pursue a battalion and help those strive, I can understand the idea of CT leadership but this has already happened before and it achieved little to nothing. CT leadership has kept people in CT instead of in battalions, it pretty much always does this without fail.
People don't need to join battalions they're free to roam and do what they want but if they wish to progress they need to join one. I doubt this sorta thing would achieve anything really. People are always "mature" enough to join battalions, because the point of battalions is to join them and become disciplined and skilful.
And I don't see how you could help someone "find that battalion that best suits them" as a CT leader, if they wanna know they should just hop around battalions and see what best suits them. Second hand knowledge will never be as good or useful as first hand experience.
Another side note, you can't actually send people back to Kamino, like you can't re-train a CT. How mature they are is how mature they are and the only thing that will change that is proper experience and discipline.

As much as we all want it, you cannot have the best of both worlds. Either settle down as a simple CT PVT or join a battalion to actually progress, there is no in-between.  

What i mean when i say send them back to Kamino is for the ones that come to minge and that's all if we see that they are just Fail RPing just strip them from CT and make Them  CC if they have any intention on being on the server to actually RP then they will understand hey i actually want to RP maybe i need to not act like this cause they see the the out come of minging as a CT they cant do harm and RDM or break rules as A CC is all im mean by saying that 

11 minutes ago, NOskillJustLuc said:

What i mean when i say send them back to Kamino is for the ones that come to minge and that's all if we see that they are just Fail RPing just strip them from CT and make Them  CC if they have any intention on being on the server to actually RP then they will understand hey i actually want to RP maybe i need to not act like this cause they see the the out come of minging as a CT they cant do harm and RDM or break rules as A CC is all im mean by saying that 

people have different ways of enjoying the server. But by actively punishing new players this harshly will just make them leave. 
A lot of really important community members were minges and they got really far. There is no reason to be this authoritarian about it. If they break the rules they get arrested and let go, they all eventually get bored or actually get invested. By punishing all of them early and forcing them to go through the torturous CC training (again) we're just killing off our future players.

Edited by Comics

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Firstly, and please correct me if I am wrong about this, but it seems like you are attempting to create this position almost solely so that you can hold it and have it as a status/rank. I am saying this namely from the way you have worded your suggestion and what others in this thread and the DU discord are saying. 

Secondly, as Comics and others are saying, I feel like this will create a lot of confusion for new players joining the server. They may feel that they can progress as a CT and not want to join battalions as a result (it's my understanding that the server pushes for battalion longevity, not for CT longevity). 

Finally, I don't see a particular need for the role you are describing. Admins already have the ability and power to temporarily ban minges, so the idea of putting them through CC training again doesn't really make sense to me.

Additionally, your point of seeing if a CT is "mature" enough to join a battalion is a completely unnecessary additional step in the process imo. We have battalion tryouts for a reason; the tryouts judge if the recruit is "mature" enough to join the battalion (if you want to put it that way) according to the battalion's standards, standards that change between battalions.  

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

4 minutes ago, Comics said:

people have different ways of enjoying the server. But by actively punishing new players this harshly will just make them leave. 
A lot of really important community members were minges and they got really far. There is no reason to be this authoritarian about it. If they break the rules they get arrested and let go, they all eventually get bored or actually get invested. By punishing all of them early and forcing them to go through the torturous CC training (again) we're just killing off our future players.

I do see what you mean by that, but it wouldn't be something done every time it was just a thought i mean i don't want to take away from CG or Admins doing there jobs it was some what of a suggestion 

Leaders in each battalion should be willing to lead CTs. As a matter of fact, leading a lone CT and commanding them to assist your battalion in events is a surefire way to gain recruits and is one of my favorite ways to. I promise, look for some CTs and have them join you in combat, they'll be the first to attend your next tryout 90% of the time.

• Agree 2

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

2 minutes ago, Harsh said:

Firstly, and please correct me if I am wrong about this, but it seems like you are attempting to create this position almost solely so that you can hold it and have it as a status/rank. I am saying this namely from the way you have worded your suggestion and what others in this thread and the DU discord are saying. 

Secondly, as Comics and others are saying, I feel like this will create a lot of confusion for new players joining the server. They may feel that they can progress as a CT and not want to join battalions as a result (it's my understanding that the server pushes for battalion longevity, not for CT longevity). 

Finally, I don't see a particular need for the role you are describing. Admins already have the ability and power to temporarily ban minges, so the idea of putting them through CC training again doesn't really make sense to me.

Additionally, your point of seeing if a CT is "mature" enough to join a battalion is a completely unnecessary additional step in the process imo. We have battalion tryouts for a reason; the tryouts judge if the recruit is "mature" enough to join the battalion (if you want to put it that way) according to the battalion's standards, standards that change between battalions.  

The last thing I'm trying to do is power grab its just something i feel could help i understand it looks as if I'm doing that but i not i would want it to go through High Command if it gets passed and Find the people the deem best for the position will to take on the role 

7 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

Leaders in each battalion should be willing to lead CTs. As a matter of fact, leading a lone CT and commanding them to assist your battalion in events is a surefire way to gain recruits and is one of my favorite ways to. I promise, look for some CTs and have them join you in combat, they'll be the first to attend your next tryout 90% of the time.

This is the best way. I used to find new CTs and show them around or hang with them. Even if they were minge I would teach them as we go. CT leadership would just be another role to fill. The people on the server currently in leadership positions(SGT+) can already teach people. See no point to this. 

5 minutes ago, Shake said:

-1 any ct willing can try to regal the cts do something can and if they really wat I don't doubt a Sgt + would clam something for them

Speech 100

• Agree 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

Banned
6 minutes ago, Shake said:

-1 any ct willing can try to regal the cts do something can and if they really wat I don't doubt a Sgt + would clam something for them

https://www.grammarly.com

-1 doe

Edited by Sixta
  • Funny 2

r4ymo.gif

As much as it would be nice to have CT ranks, the system your are proposing is not viable. The only thing I see is RP ranks strictly for RP with no real server power. And that is already a huge ask in it self. In an ideal world with everyone having a good head on their shoulders and the best intentions in mind, yeah this would be fantastic. But it ain't that world.

But I'm going to take a moment here, for all those saying it is the jobs of SGTs or Commanders or whomever to teach CTs, that simply DOES NOT happen. CTs who come on the server to just RP and aren't interested in joining battalions get treated like garbage, I would know as someone who mains CT for a couple months and still do to an extent. Until the moment members of the community realize who you are OOC, if you're an old member, you are never given the time of day. And in a rare instances, get told you can't participate in events, even on main (yes this has happened to me, just ignored them though). And one last thing, if your issue is that people would rather stay on CT than join your battalion, that's because it isn't appealing to join said battalion, and that is a battalion issue.

Alright so how i think this "CT Leadership" Should work

- Have them there as a Q/A Person for the CT's that just got trained 
- Recommend them to Join Battalions? (Inform what the battalions do)
- Help them to get to Places, I.e if someone needs to go to a Certain area for example "Null Tryouts at SHB" You can guide them there ig
- Lead in Events if any CT's, Allows them to know where they are going and what to do
- Deal with CT Arrests, I.e going over the rules and telling them not to do again (Can Bail)

Just a Concept.
+1

Aye I'm in 212th!

Y'all seem to forget, regardless of what armor you wear, you are all CT's. If i remember correct in Phase 1 battle of Geonosis, the CT's there were all white with the exception of Sergeants and commanding officers as depicted of Red, Yellow and i think blue armor. Point is, you are all CT's with Extra Curricular designations and trainings. 

ill still -1 because we dont really need this. CT's getting promote is a good idea to me but unfortunately not everyone thinks alike.

spacer.png

I don't really think having 1-3 battalion-less positions that attempt to make the server more welcoming for CTs is necessary or would accomplish much of anything.

As Baron points out, there is a problem with how CTs are treated- regardless of their level of maturity, discipline, and experience. Even just a few months ago I don't think I would've given a CT the time of day, but Baron opened my eyes and since then I've made an effort to approach them more and be more approachable myself (and I've had some delightful interactions). I think the best thing we can do for CTs on the server is have everyone open their eyes a little to how they treat CTs and newer players.

If the people who play on CTs (Ex: Baron) even disagrees with it. Then shit, that says it all. 

P.S.: Even if this did pass, Sock would probably be that position due to HC.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

Forum Admin

Why is this even still up lmao

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

-1 It would not end well

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.
If the same suggestion is submitted again within
60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

52946061-6923-4AFC-AEBA-9E28ED2BA75D-5.g