Adding a New Faction

Ping

Banned

Name: Ping, Darkk, Matt, Gale, Fyi, Mar, Roach

RP Rank: All of them are unknown

Suggestion: Almost 9 months ago myself and these 6 other members of the community had a sudden idea that we thought could work with the server for RP. It was known as the Order of Revan. Now we had taken time out of our days to do meetings amongst us so we could work long hard hours on ideas and documents that were comprised with good intentions. The whole idea was to make a "grey jedi" if you will, to be like the jedi for BH to work with and to join with in any task. While this may sound a lot like the Sith I still think that we could work this in and make this a operable faction to the community. The Highest rank in the Order would be the Master and the Council. The council will be made of a balanced amount of members for light, dark and balanced members of the force. At the very end I will have public docs from our workings however they are still in the works as is the ROE, induction and the Rules.

Implementation: They would be implemented right along side the BH Guild as well as the Jedi.

Lore: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cNq1O2pxclsPCT0i-0V2mDzfXc-5wZNRmzJeCG8zxhI/edit?usp=sharing

We are still working through this as well as the models and working them out

Workshop content if applicable: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hm2S2QTQslJKNreUdS1IEXQ2-VXHATAKgpvGIDIw6Hg/edit?usp=sharing
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development") I hope this all works out, let me know if there are any issues

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Order of Revan Jobs, please discuss with me and other founders if you wish to help us with figuring this out.
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: I honestly have none at the time since this is a faction

Slots: Working on it

Description: I think I over explained everything at the beginning

Model: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hm2S2QTQslJKNreUdS1IEXQ2-VXHATAKgpvGIDIw6Hg/edit?usp=sharing
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: Same lightsaber works as jedi, except include red crystals for the dark side balanced ones.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         (If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu) 

Other: This was the VERRRYYY FIRST DOC WE MADE ALMOST 9 MONTHS AGO BE KIND

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17PNqpfxF5JpfPXJGxiTR99fqx-zhoM8vAmuo3FGYXNg/edit?usp=sharing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look I know this was not much that I had typed however, I can see this thriving and there being a lot of potential behind the RP and the activity of the server.

Banned

We also have a discord already made and prepared however like I had stated we are still in the works.

• Management
Management

-1 No room on the server for another faction.

Edit: Honestly didn't even read the suggestion only the part where they would work well with BH and Jedi. Grey Jedi for starters isn't a real thing and was attempted in the past and was atrocious. I don't wanna be the dick but yeah this won't work out. This sounds like Sith with extra steps to ensure they don't get murdered by myself everytime I lay eyes upon them.

In lore the Order of Revan, also known as Revanites, were an order of both light and dark side force users who were in a completely different era and were definitely not sided with the Republic. You want them to be basically allies to the Republic and the Jedi whom they have completely different views from. The way you want them to be on the server sounds like a sub-unit for Jedi, basically edgy Jedi which sadly we already have on the server and they're called Jedi Shadows. 

I can only support a new faction if it were to replace one and had some actual good lore to back it's existence. 

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

So this was something I was anticipating for a while. Now this is no disrespect to all the people who collaborated on this suggestion. Now at first this idea stemmed from our return to Endor for that short bit, and it was all of us reminiscing of Sith and the good old days and how we wanted to maybe make something different but similar. And so we set meetings and made docs and created a discord. But over time we lost interest and it happens. And don't get me wrong I truly think this is a great idea but with the current state of the server we don't have the server pop or room for another faction, and ive heard that our box is almost full. But maybe one day something like this can happen. But for the time being this should be put at rest. And I think I can speak for most of the collaborators of this project. Best of luck

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

Maybe if bounty hunter wasn't a thing I would some what consider it but since that is not the case then -1

After reading over the doc it suggest they gets the right to use pure white crystals and currently the rule stands only previous windus and yoda's can use that and if that gets removed then all hell will break loose lol.

Edited by Clutch
Edit: Added a few things.
  • Agree 1

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

Dude, what. I don't think the server can handle another faction right now. Even if bounty hunters weren't around I would still give this a -1.  Grey Jedi have come and gone twice now I believe. They just don't fit well with the time period imo nor do they fit well with the mentality of the average SWRP player. It's been tried with 128 players and it still failed, should they be implemented again I don't think the outcome would be much different.

Banned

1. Might I add that we already have majority of the docs ready, 2. Let me get this straight, you don't want grey jedi or another faction or want to remove BH, BUT you want sith back because it was "fun" to have around. I heard numerous people complaining as to them wanting sith back. THIS IS YOUR CHANCE AND IT CAN BENIFIT THE SERVER. The last time we had another form of "force users" numbers were higher than I am seeing today, which is one of the points that I had provided in the beginning. Sorry for this I just find that this will be useful to sway the community either to -1 or +1. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THIS FIND ME IN THE BH DISCORD AND DM ME!!!

• Disagree 1

-1 From a developmental standpoint the server doesn’t have room for it in general, from a community standpoint we do not have the player base for another faction right now. Even if we got rid of Bounty Hunters the concept of adding a Gray Jedi esque faction just wouldn’t work due to the time period or the bases that we’ve been on. 

• Agree 1

-1, we don't need another faction first of all. Secondly No one ever likes grey Jedi. 

They are famous for being unpopular and constantly causing problems. I've already watched people celebrate as they got removed 2 different times.  And when we need to help keep BH alive, another faction won't help anyone.
Edgy Jedi Bad.

There is no way around it: This server hates Grey Jedi in all forms.

Edited by Comics

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Dude, why did you put my name if I haven't been a part of this project since it started.

The making of this project was to fill the gap created by Sith when Sith was removed. Myself and the others listed on the suggestion came together and began creating rules in anticipation for the community wanting something else other than Clone and Jedi to play on. This entire project was mostly made because we switched to Endor for a small amount of time, and since then the faction had been scrapped.

The problem with a faction like this is that we would need heavy management to accomplish it. Battalion officer corps are at a low, Naval is struggling and so is Jedi, to an extent. We cannot possibly fit another faction in, even if the community was on board. It would be a repeat of Grey Jedi/Sith all over again. Careless leadership leads to garbage rules being put in to attempt to get rid of the faction before eventually being removed altogether.

I literally have no idea why you posted this. The faction was supposed to be something that the people involved could work on IF there was a void in the server for a second faction. This was stupid, I'm sorry.

Edit: Looking at our discord, you literally didn't even CONSULT ANYBODY THAT WAS ON THE TEAM BEFORE POSTING THIS.

Edited by Fyi
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1

hi.

Forum Admin

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Forum Admin

-1, this is literally just a bad version of sith, nor do we have enough room for players to play as this faction and spread out playerbase to BHs, This weird faction, Jedi and Clones. :dumb:

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

-1 As of right now this is not needed

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

With the current state of the servers activity, in all reality another downsizing is needed maybe just 1-2 battalions. However, adding in “grey Jedi” “the order of revan” the sith or the CIS is not the move currently. 

Now me and my few college level business classes and my real life experience say this. 

Consistent development is the first step to keeping people around and getting new people. Our own custom version of annaxes or Endor needs to be made. 
second all the passed server suggestions need to be tested and implemented over time. 
third battalions that are in a bad spot will be lifted by this and possibly this new server box needs to be put in, either with the current host or someone else who will do it. 
fourth all of this requires a dev team or people to do it which is expensive, and yes trust me I know that sub and the guns currently there have made plenty of money, however, the amount of people doing dev work for free or little money is slim to none. The problems that face the server currently are large but I can be done with a large influx or care and cash from the founders to make more money at the end of the day. 

whoops sorry about the short ted talk thanks for reading. Btw it’s meant as no flame just from looking at the server as a business perspective.

• Informative 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Huh.. Jedi order heard nothing about this grey jedi in disguise thing. 

Look at server population and think again

• Informative 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

The sith were poorly managed, excessively edgy and just irritating. 

They were okay for Jedi but clones got annoyed with them. I dont want to deal with 12 year old talking like bane. "I was born in the dark, moulded by it"

They had their moments but so does BH. But the same issue with BH are magnified with Sith. We don't really want them on the base sometimes as they cause issues. BH are better now but sith always tried to steal stuff or kill someone.

-1 we have one faction and we are okay with that. We are also starting to like BHs.

Edited by Gadget
Spell check
  • Funny 3

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

So the issue with sith is they're just edge lords with no chance to really be interactive with the republic on a regular basis because they're sith. Yeah you can interact sometimes but the majority is gonna be stabby stabby kill kill.

The issue with grey jedi is they're too close to the order. Whats stopping me from RPing as a grey jedi but being apart of the jedi order. Outside of the small times where you where allowed to kill people as grey jedi basically nothing.

I feel like something like this is a great idea, however I don't think it can exist along side bounty hunters. I think one neutral faction is a good amount which we have in bounty hunters. I'd honestly like to see it tried, but i think we only have room for one neutral faction on the server right now.

spacer.pngspacer.png

I agree with Conrad. It would be cool to see added but the current server state and with BH it won't work out. -1 unless BH get's thrown out the window into the pile with Sith, 187th, 91st, 327th, RM, and Grey (or Gray) Jedi.

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8