Make Channel Admin Able to move VA and below

Spaghetti

Name:Spaghetti | Vice Admiral Shoan Killian

Suggestion: make people with channel admin able to move everyone up to VA

Where would this be implemented?: in TS

How would this benefit the TeamSpeak/Community?: it is a quality of life improvement for all the people with channel admin and the VAs

Have you asked for Feedback from others about this suggestion?: yes. Brace and Jack

Briefly explain why this should be implemented?: this should be implemented because VAs Can't get pulled but they also can't join channels so giving channel admin the ability to pull them would just make it simpler for everyone

Edited by Spaghetti
3 minutes ago, Chambers said:

I you talking about moving people into the channel or out of a channel?

Because if its moving someone into a channel thats not a channel specific permission and would be a TS server role to do that action I belive.

its both

Edited by Spaghetti

Basically the channel admin jobs can't move people of certain staff ranks or even intel rank. I believe its even SAs that can't be moved . 

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

• Founder
Founder

Intel ranks can for sure be fixed however VA's have achieved a point where they are trusted members of community and are given more perms than the average user. If you have an issue with a veteran admin or any staff member displaying poor/immature behavior in teamspeak communications or not abiding by your channel rules please report it to a head administrator. I can look into fixing Senior admin so you can move them out of the channel if you have CA.

• Agree 2
Forum Admin

Channel admin can move all Intel ranks except Intel Director. 

Edited by Naffen

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Forum Admin

Cant move BCMD ranks aswell. Can get comic's stinky ass out my channel ;(. Lmao +1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

On 9/10/2020 at 4:41 PM, Guac said:

Cant move BCMD ranks aswell. Can get comic's stinky ass out my channel ;(. Lmao +1

Fuck you

I am sick of not being able to move a tonne of people, it's like just random roles aswell.

+1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

• 1 month later...

+1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

• 1 month later...
  • Retired Founder

This suggestion is still open for discussion,

My thoughts;
I agree with Square here, VA's are supposed to be the more mature & rolemodel members of the staff team that are being looked at for a potential Head Admin position and if are requested to move to another channel wouldn't have an issue with it. If they are being unreasonable or being immature then they can always be reported up in the CoC. I don't feel this is needed at all.

Thoughts & Votes?

• Winner 1

I can say +1 just from my hassle in my perm channels, I don't keep a password for my personal channel. So every time a VA is in The Clover Crew or my Dungeon channels I need to remove my password, wait for them to move in, then re-smash my head on the keyboard to make an un guessable password. So I can understand wanting to give power to move VA. I had the hassle when I was Commander Wolffe as well. Anytime I wanted to talk to a specific person in the battalion that at the time was a VA I had to unlock my office just to move them in as I was an SA, it became quite annoying in various situations. So I do see both sides to this but ultimately agree that VA should be able to be moved by a channel admin.

• Confused 1

The Clover Crew Leader

spacer.png

+1 I don't join a lot of channels, but a lot of annoying people will join the CT HQ channel with no regard for the channel rules.  I would like this to be implemented primarily for the channel the admin is in, but if people want the extra then that's cool too.  

Edited by Stockings
  • Agree 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

Banned

I agree with Stockings +1

r4ymo.gif

I agree more with the +1 side of the argument, it's just unnecessarily tedious to require Channel Admins to jump through so many hoops- particularly when 90% of the time you're just moving someone into or out of your private channel, or moving someone into a channel as a higher ranking member of a battalion. I don't think I've ever actually had to move someone out of my channel for violating a channel code or for any other type of "disciplinary" thing. 

As long as it's not an insane hassle to implement, which I don't feel like it would be, +1.

• Retired Founder
7 hours ago, Lucky said:

I can say +1 just from my hassle in my perm channels, I don't keep a password for my personal channel. So every time a VA is in The Clover Crew or my Dungeon channels I need to remove my password, wait for them to move in, then re-smash my head on the keyboard to make an un guessable password. So I can understand wanting to give power to move VA. I had the hassle when I was Commander Wolffe as well. Anytime I wanted to talk to a specific person in the battalion that at the time was a VA I had to unlock my office just to move them in as I was an SA, it became quite annoying in various situations. So I do see both sides to this but ultimately agree that VA should be able to be moved by a channel admin.

5 hours ago, Foxey said:

I agree more with the +1 side of the argument, it's just unnecessarily tedious to require Channel Admins to jump through so many hoops- particularly when 90% of the time you're just moving someone into or out of your private channel, or moving someone into a channel as a higher ranking member of a battalion. I don't think I've ever actually had to move someone out of my channel for violating a channel code or for any other type of "disciplinary" thing. 

As long as it's not an insane hassle to implement, which I don't feel like it would be, +1.

I can just up their join power/lower the join power for the perma channels if that is an issue here?

This is more about moving them around, and to create a contrast, this would mean if a VA is trying to handle a situation that a Channel Admin would be able to move them out of the channel. (This would also effect Senior Admins also).

Its a real non problem.

Like I know I put a message already about this but like...

If this is one of the main "issues" we ha e at the moment the we on easy street ha ha.

I dont agree with you comment about VAs being the most mature and best role models... some VAs get the position just cos they do work and not cos they are good as a person/role model

But thats my opinion.

Edited by Gadget
  • Funny 1

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

2 minutes ago, Forseen said:

Did you have a stroke writing this...

We have at the moment then we are on easy street.

Also it almost 2 pm for me :3

i mean honestly. Please do this. VA's cant move themselves in without a password. And they cant be moved out by a CA. Its like the big dumb of both worlds

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

• Retired Founder

Seems as though the main problem here can be solved with simply allowing Veteran Admins being able to ignore passwords, so I have now enabled that.

I can see the side of the argument for moving them out, but at the same time Veteran Admins are the where we tend to draw the line in terms of maturity. If we have any issues with Veteran Admins not being respectful when handling themselves in Teamspeak, then that becomes an issue to bring up the a Head Admin.

ACCEPTED

• Winner 1
  • Pay Respect 1
  • 1 year later...