Mitchell's Kal Skirata Application.

Mitchell

Steam Name: Synr.gg | Mitchell

RP Name: Mereel Skirata

RP Rank: Captain

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:59607690

Battalion or squad you are applying for: Null / Kal Skirata

Experience:

Instead of explaining all my positions, I’ll list them out here, If you want specifics on what I did in those positions ask below.
104th: CMD, REGL, ARCL.
327th: XO, ARCL, REGL.
Null: Mereel (2x), Ordo.
Jedi: Jedi General, Sentinel Gate Keeper (2x)
Staff: Former GMC, TRM, and Current Director of Staff.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: I believe I should become a Squad lead due to my experience, and my ability to lead.
First off, experience, I have been in several command positions within the server, including being a former XO of Null. So, with this experience I understand what the standards should be of a CMD as well as the best way to handle situations and run things within the squad.
My ability to lead is shown through my positions I have been in. I have handled 2 large battalions in 104th and 327th as well as running the GM program. I have a lot of leadership experience from these positions over large amounts of players and people. These leadership experiences has given me the leadership skills I need to keep my squad in check as well as make sure Null it up to the standard it should be.
Finally, I believe my biggest strength is my ability to listen to other’s criticisms and adapt them in order to better myself and my squad. I plan on using this to make sure: the squad is up to standard, tryouts are fair but challenging, everyone has positive interactions with my squad, and that I am the best example I possibly can be for my squad.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?: The Null-Class ARCs are the original clone troopers developed. 6 lived past gestation and are the Current Null's we know. They are Ordo, Mereel, Jaing, Kom'rk, Prudii, and A'den. These 6 clones' had more augments made on them from the Jango Template, resulting in them being taller, stronger, and extremely independent. Kal Skirata, saved them from being slated for termination and raised them in Mandalorian tradition and named them after Mandalorian warriors. 

Availability: I’m on almost all day minus 3-4 hours due to workouts, and other IRL things. I'm always available in discord except when I’m sleeping.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: I have been in this community for 2 years and my current playtime is 4330:44:13.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:
As a Squad lead, there isn’t a whole lot you can do. But I want my squad to be active, healthy, and a fun experience for those both inside of it and those who interact with us. I want us to be promoting the roleplay that our positions entail, as well as helping around the server and making sure others have a positive experience with us through our outreach program.
Any specifics you want to know feel free to ask below!

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: Yes

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

1 minute ago, Life- said:

-1 Not that active, very disconnected from the rest of SOBDE we dont really know you that well. The only times I really see you is early mornings.

I still think your a great dude but I do think there are better options for this position <3

I just recently came off of a 5 Day LOA and haven't been on as much the last 2 days but here are a few sign ins from before that.
Mereel 6/23/20 12PM-2AM.
Mereel 6/22/2020 12PM-12:41 AM
Mereel 6/21/2020 11:30AM-12:30AM
This was 2 days ago.
Mereel 7/6/2020 6:30PM-2:41 AM Prince, Bleach, Crimson etc

Not all of this was active play time, but Im in TS the whole time and on the server at said times.
If this doesn't change your opinion that's fine but just explaining things so everyone can get the full picture :)

• Agree 2

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

Just now, Mitchell said:

I just recently came off of a 5 Day LOA and haven't been on as much the last 2 days but here are a few sign ins from before that.
Mereel 6/23/20 12PM-2AM.
Mereel 6/22/2020 12PM-12:41 AM
Mereel 6/21/2020 11:30AM-12:30AM
This was 2 days ago.
Mereel 7/6/2020 6:30PM-2:41 AM Prince, Bleach, Crimson etc

Not all of this was active play time, but Im in TS the whole time and on the server at said times.
If this doesn't change your opinion that's fine but just explaining things so everyone can get the full picture :)

Yeah but a lot of that time your doing staff stuff.

2 minutes ago, Life- said:

Yeah but a lot of that time your doing staff stuff.

Ah, as of late I have been busy with staff stuff due to alot of CMD applications being open and having to deal with the whole Palpatine situation.
I believe this is a situation of us not being on at similar times but I may be mistaken.
Again, if you hold to your opinion that's fine. Just making sure everyone gets both sides.

While I trust you with everything I could ever trust you with, and you were the only person I ever trusted to succeed me in the GM program I still have qualms with squad lead and high staff through my own experience, and it gave me a really short fuse as well as I was never really enjoying myself on the server, I was either doing events, shadowing someone, running tryouts, or babysitting (both staff and dumb dumbs in my squad <3) 

it’s not deep if you don’t make it deep for anyone seeing this and thinking damn Director and squad lead, with all my personal experiences with you I believe you can do it.

+1. 

• Friendly 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Banned

Mitchell, you were very helpful to not only me, but the battalion when I tried to mop up 327th after my time as marshal. It may not have succeeded in the end, but it was enough to show me that you knew what you were doing under the right circumstances.

As long as you keep active and do what you say you will, as well as you have the ability to juggle staff and squad leading, I believe this is fair all and all. I've seen it before, let's see it again.

+1

• Friendly 1
Forum Admin

+1, long time since a kal done their whole term so mitchell definitely isn't the guy for it :Pepega:

• Friendly 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

1 hour ago, Life- said:

-1 Not that active, very disconnected from the rest of SOBDE we dont really know you that well. The only times I really see you is early mornings.

I still think your a great dude but I do think there are better options for this position <3

i disagree with the activity, but i have to agree with him as you seem disconnected with us, i see you on in TS but your either AFK or doing something related to directors work. 

i probably should word it better.

Mitchell is currently a director, this could cause an issue because he already has a shit ton to deal with and while running a 7 man squad isn't hard I don't want it to end up in a scenario where he has to pick and choose. 

Edited by Lix
wording
  • Agree 2
Just now, Lix said:

but the issue is that it can get in the way, i am not saying it will but i dont want to end up in a scenario where mitchell has to pick and choose what he puts his time into. 

Real life gets in the way too. If we were to -1 anyone who had other obligations on or out of the server nobody would be BCMD. I'm sure Mitchell is mature and smart enough to manage his time correctly. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly 1

Not a Medal of Valour recipient 

+1 whomegalul

image0.gif

• Funny 2

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

11 hours ago, Matt-Matthos said:

2 questions for you. 

1. Have you discussed this with your fellow Squad Members and SO BDE?

2. Do you think you can handle being Kal, Director and a Jedi Master as you are a named character? And If you can how will you manage all 3?

Hey Matt,

The answer to your first question is sort of. All members of Null are capable of applying for Kal and when I let them know my intention was to apply I only received support from the guys. Seeing how the majority of SO BDE members have supported my app so far they are fine with me applying as well.

As for your 2nd question I may drop a named master depending on how things go. I’d like to stay a master but I have no issue with dropping to just a normal master.

Hope this answers your questions.

3 hours ago, Mitchell said:

Hey Matt,

The answer to your first question is sort of. All members of Null are capable of applying for Kal and when I let them know my intention was to apply I only received support from the guys. Seeing how the majority of SO BDE members have supported my app so far they are fine with me applying as well.

As for your 2nd question I may drop a named master depending on how things go. I’d like to stay a master but I have to issue with dropping to just a normal master.

Hope this answers your questions.

Yes it does thank you! +1 good luck!

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

Banned

I’ve known Mitchell for most of my time on Synergy. He is a hard worker and whenever he puts his mind to something he excels at it. 

great choice for Kal +1 good luck buddy 

r4ymo.gif

Let me just start by saying you are a nice guy and seem very attentive for what is going on in the squad and are always on top of things.

Unfortunately, I feel as though you just do not have a very good connection with some of us in SODBE. You never cause any problems and are enjoyable to be around when you interact with everyone but I don't feel comfortable with you becoming Kal. You are active by being in game for long periods of time but at the same time when you are on you are kind of just.... there. I feel like when you are playing sometimes you just kind of go off somewhere and do your own thing and never really stick around with some of the squad and just hang out. You either are doing staff stuff or afk or something else. I understand it seems wrong coming from me because I have not been active the past few days but this behavior is something that is not very new. Because of these reasons I will have to give you a -1. I believe this is what @Life- and @Lix were talking about but the way they worded it just came out wrong.

Anyways I still like you and I hope that if Omalic gets Kal you will stay because I think you would make a good Ordo just not Kal right now. 

• Agree 2

So. I'm not going to lie to you. Everytime I've spoken to you in the past. You came off as sour and upset over something. Could just be your voice tone, I don't know.

Last year, when you were Ordo we had a bit of an issue with you. I'm not going to bring it up again but you more than likely remember what happened back then. A lot of people that I like to talk to on the server here say you have changed a lot so I'm just going to take their word for it because as it stands, I haven't much interacted with you since my return about a month ago.

As you know, Kal, Null and the entirety of SO BDE are my babies. Null is my favorite child, the rest are behind. I've worked hard to make sure no one comes in and ruins it but everytime I step down from a position of power and go afk someone comes in and changes it up and it seems the thing I've worked on making really good easily gets turned around and ruined. Not saying you're going to ruin it but I'd like a question answered.

How well do you think you will be able to balance High command, server stuff, jedi, naval (Cuz all this comes with being director) and running a squad? I know it sounds easy. Making sure 4-6 people are not being dumb and have something fun to do?

43 minutes ago, Keo said:

Let me just start by saying you are a nice guy and seem very attentive for what is going on in the squad and are always on top of things.

Unfortunately, I feel as though you just do not have a very good connection with some of us in SODBE. You never cause any problems and are enjoyable to be around when you interact with everyone but I don't feel comfortable with you becoming Kal. You are active by being in game for long periods of time but at the same time when you are on you are kind of just.... there. I feel like when you are playing sometimes you just kind of go off somewhere and do your own thing and never really stick around with some of the squad and just hang out. You either are doing staff stuff or afk or something else. I understand it seems wrong coming from me because I have not been active the past few days but this behavior is something that is not very new. Because of these reasons I will have to give you a -1. I believe this is what @Life- and @Lix were talking about but the way they worded it just came out wrong.

Anyways I still like you and I hope that if Omalic gets Kal you will stay because I think you would make a good Ordo just not Kal right now. 

The last week and my LOA where the only real exceptions to me almost always being in TS talking with you guys, yes I tend to mute a lot but that's when I'm playing something else or I need to focus on something for a bit.
I don't really understand how I don't have a good conection with members in SO BDE when I talk with all of you daily and some of you for multiple hours? As I said to Life this may be a time zone or me just being more of a late night player than others issue. But I'm going to be honest with you Keo I don't know how you came to this conclusion when you first joined the squad me and you talked at length and hung out in game many times, and this only changed towards recently as your activity dipped and you've been on earlier in the day. It's also hard for me to interact with everyone when past 7-8 PM everyone tends to either be AFK or playing other games. I have plans to address the issue that Null tends to be a little too spread out in terms of us being on, with usually only 1-2 of us being on at a time.

21 minutes ago, Korm said:

So. I'm not going to lie to you. Everytime I've spoken to you in the past. You came off as sour and upset over something. Could just be your voice tone, I don't know.

Last year, when you were Ordo we had a bit of an issue with you. I'm not going to bring it up again but you more than likely remember what happened back then. A lot of people that I like to talk to on the server here say you have changed a lot so I'm just going to take their word for it because as it stands, I haven't much interacted with you since my return about a month ago.

As you know, Kal, Null and the entirety of SO BDE are my babies. Null is my favorite child, the rest are behind. I've worked hard to make sure no one comes in and ruins it but everytime I step down from a position of power and go afk someone comes in and changes it up and it seems the thing I've worked on making really good easily gets turned around and ruined. Not saying you're going to ruin it but I'd like a question answered.

How well do you think you will be able to balance High command, server stuff, jedi, naval (Cuz all this comes with being director) and running a squad? I know it sounds easy. Making sure 4-6 people are not being dumb and have something fun to do?

Hey Korm, I am aware of my past self and I can assure you that is the exact opposite of what I expect of my squad members and myself. As for me balancing out Director, SL and Jedi I already plan on dropping my named master should I get the position so I can be on the WL as much as possible. As for my director duties, realistically speaking with a Full HC and a very competent Marshal and Palpatine, my job becomes less intensive. The last week or so we had alot of drama happen and several CMD positions open up which we had to fill. Generally speaking however, I am starting to kinda ease off of things and I'm starting to learn that not everything has to be addressed immediately and with that approach me and Fizzik can share the workload more and take less stress off of me.
Hope that answers your question!

-1 I feel as if the other candadit is a better choice

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

Head Admin

+1, I believe both candidates are a good choice.

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

• Retired Founder

Unfortunately, you have not received the position of Kal Skirata.

You will be unable to apply for another applicable position for 30 days.

This is on 8/23/2020.

Reason: High Command felt that you presented well and a lot of good ideas, but your opponent painted a clearer picture.

• Funny 3