Make Base Commander Equal to Reg

Fizzik

Name: Fizzik

RP Rank: Captain in Rancor, MAJ in BO.

Suggestion: Make Base Commander equal to reg again.

Implementation: The Base Commander job is too grueling to be worth only BCMD. I personally think it's insane that the vote even passed. As someone who's done the duties of both BCMD and Base Commander, I can tell you that BCMD is FAR easier and more fun than Base Commander. One of the draws to putting up with the bullshit that is leading Base Ops is that you get the benefit of being High Command. Why is it that the leader(s) one donator branch, the Jedi, gets to be considered Marshal but the leader of the other branch be considered only BCMD?

Lore: Lore doesn't matter here but I guess you could say that it doesn't make sense that the commander of a base have information held from him but not the clones staying on his base.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

+1 it has more of a stake on the server than bcmd/squad lead while yes those two effect the server the base commander over watches the entire base and commands its own regiment that helps control the base. and it being BCMD has it having less power and oversight in the base as well as it would change the hierarchyy of certain things on the server

Edited by justuscloud5

Um, you say it's too grueling for a BCMD position. 

The Bacara position involves the constant work and maintenance into EOD, TECH, GMACTs and now SO and he's a BCMD.  Krennic has a similar work load, in some regards.

Also I thought he already was part of high command. Or did that change?

• Winner 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Just now, Gadget said:

The Bacara position involves the constant work and maintenance into EOD, TECH, GMACTs and now SO and he's a BCMD.  Krennic has a similar work load, in some regards.

He was demoted to BCMD

-1 keep him BCMD

16 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

Name: Fizzik

RP Rank: Captain in Rancor, MAJ in BO.

Suggestion: Make Base Commander equal to reg again.

Implementation: The Base Commander job is too grueling to be worth only BCMD. I personally think it's insane that the vote even passed. As someone who's done the duties of both BCMD and Base Commander, I can tell you that BCMD is FAR easier and more fun than Base Commander. One of the draws to putting up with the bullshit that is leading Base Ops is that you get the benefit of being High Command. Why is it that the leader(s) one donator branch, the Jedi, gets to be considered Marshal but the leader of the other branch be considered only BCMD?

Lore: Lore doesn't matter here but I guess you could say that it doesn't make sense that the commander of a base have information held from him but not the clones staying on his base.

Also why are you comparing Yoda to a base commander? lmao

Just now, Arroyo said:

Also why are you comparing Yoda to a base commander? lmao

Because they're both donation-tier jobs. I also didn't compare them 1:1, I think Yoda is fair as Marshal and Base Commander is fair as Reg.

5 minutes ago, Gadget said:

it was changed

We changed that last week as there is no real reason to justify it. And can't be that grueling remmber that guy who went from 1SG to BO CMDR with no prior experience.

Besides they have been issues in the past with previous BO CMDR's abusing the privilege that was the equal to reg by abusing the bypass to harras other's or join when they were not welcome.

The role functions as any other BCMD would so why should they have the  extra privilege.

And In lore the Jedi were the Generals of the clone army so the equivalency makes sense for them

Edited by Scarecrow
4 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

We changed that last week as there is no real reason to justify it. And can't be that grueling remmber that guy who went from 1SG to BO CMDR with no prior experience.

Besides they have been issues in the past with previous BO CMDR's abusing the privilege that was the equal to reg by abusing the bypass to harras other's or join when they were not welcome.

The role functions as any other BCMD would so why should they have the  extra privilege.

And In lore the Jedi were the Generals of the clone army so the equivalency makes sense for them

I feelclike the harassment would be a isolated incident but with how ive seen the behavior of base ops recently i dont think its out of the question change to minus 1

• Management
Management

Fat -1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

I'm going to pull a fat neutral due it got changed for a reason but also so where you are coming from 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Banned

LOL NO -1

r4ymo.gif

First off, we just changed it. So like? Come to a Commander Meeting and discuss it there, oh wait, you don't play the server. At all.

Second, the position is basically useless. The Base Commander is a glorified doorman. Why should he be able to be Marshal? Doesn't make sense at all chief.

Unbelievable.

Edited by Washington
  • Funny 2
  • Winner 2
1 minute ago, Washington said:

It was established at the High Command Meeting (voted unanimously) and then it was unanimously accepted at the normal meeting. 

The PEOPLE  wanted it changed.

Bruh chill.

It was a hold over from when it was Admiral so if they voted doesn't bother me.

Image result for Shrug gif

-1 its not really need TBH chief all BCMD's put in a lot of work doesn't mean they all get REG

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Honestly guys sorry if this suggestion seems dumb but when it comes to base commander, if you had to choose BCMD or Base Commander, I'm sure you'd choose BCMD every time. There needs to be some lure to Base Commander for it to be chosen so BO can succeed, being a member of High Command is that allure in my opinion.

Edited by Fizzik

So as stated by Fizzik, there needs to be some lure to Base Commander, and while I agree that is true, his rank equivalency shouldn't be it. He already has the final say on everything in the base, (correct me if I am wrong, but that was how it was put to me.) The server as a whole doesn't seem to agree with him being over BCMD's because, he doesn't do much.

Sure, he oversees the facilities and some trainings, but in terms of how these things are run, battalions tend to do more of the work in the regiments he has staff in, such as medical and engineering. All of these things could and more than likely should be run by the battalions, and that is so that they don't have to rely on four to five people that they don't share a group with, nor common playtime or easy access to communications with them.

In short, BO CMD shouldn't hold REG equivalency because the group as a whole shouldn't be included in the server, if not for the lack of need functionality wise, even more so because of the lack of lore that came along with adding this group. From what I can tell, clones themselves ran their own bases, with no single group in charge of the base. With that in mind, I can't justify them holding much pull in the hierarchy.

Edited by Thexan
My sentence didn't make sense.
38 minutes ago, Thexan said:

So as stated by Fizzik, there needs to be some lure to Base Commander, and while I agree that is true, his rank equivalency shouldn't be it. He already has the final say on everything in the base, (correct me if I am wrong, but that was how it was put to me.) The server as a whole doesn't seem to agree with him being over BCMD's because, he doesn't do much.

Sure, he oversees the facilities and some trainings, but in terms of how these things are run, battalions tend to do more of the work in the regiments he has staff in, such as medical and engineering. All of these things could and more than likely should be run by the battalions, and that is so that they don't have to rely on four to five people that they don't share a group with, nor common playtime or easy access to communications with them.

In short, BO CMD shouldn't hold REG equivalency because the group as a whole shouldn't be included in the server, if not for the lack of need functionality wise, even more so because of the lack of lore that came along with adding this group. From what I can tell, clones themselves ran their own bases, with no single group in charge of the base. With that in mind, I can't justify them holding much pull in the hierarchy.

I can agree with you there. Honestly I've wanted clone high command to have that level of control for a while but right now Base Ops is here and that's part of the role they play. If their role is to be changed I can understand the BCMD rank, but that's a different discussion really. Being excluded from high command, however, means they won't have the final say on the base. Honestly I'd say the regimental rank is more warranted for admiral than it is base commander since there's a lot more going on the ship than the base, but it's gotta be one or the other when it comes to that since it interchanges. Do you agree?

I mean heck if any bcmd should be equal to reg then i would say cody because in lore he was the Marshall commander 

-1 comanders chose to not have them equal and iv seen it where one of the kreniks told us hey im equal to reg now so ill order executions of troops for you thats not needed on the server

I mean this was changed for a reason, from my own personal opinion Base Ops commander isn't exactly difficult to get Base ops has been pretty lacking for a long while and usually if anyone steps up and does above average work they normally have a shot of Base Ops commander, I don't like the idea of being bossed around by someone who has been on the server for a month or less because they rose up the ranks super quickly in BO. 

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

Wasent this change just made to make him BCMD, -1 from me.

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

This may sound rarted and I might be dumbed to Oblivion, but what if there was a separate rank for base commander. Right between BCMD and Reg. Just enough control over the base that they have some pull, because it is their base right? 

2 minutes ago, Peace said:

This may sound rarted and I might be dumbed to Oblivion, but what if there was a separate rank for base commander. Right between BCMD and Reg. Just enough control over the base that they have some pull, because it is their base right? 

I mean thats kinda how it is now, They are equal to BCMD but if something concerns the base I would assume they have power over a BCMD but not a Reg.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

2 minutes ago, Nade Jones said:

I mean thats kinda how it is now, They are equal to BCMD but if something concerns the base I would assume they have power over a BCMD but not a Reg.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Idk because we haven't had one since the rank update. But I know that on a ship yularen had that type of thing. In fact one of the old krennic told me they were only topped by palpy, but that was husky so...

Banned

-1 we already voted sorry live with the results 

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.