Add buttons next to exit gates

Fizzik

Name: Fizzik

Suggestion: Adding buttons next to the exit gates so they can be opened. Have the button operate on say a 15 second timer before it closes automatically.

Implementation: Map edit would be needed.

Lore: Not applicable. As for reasoning, this gateway has turned Base Ops into a slave battalion since we need to have someone in BCC 24/7 or else people lose their shit. Base Ops is a donator-tier regiment like Jedi, it should not be a slave battalion.

Edited by Fizzik
  • Winner 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

• Management
Management
2 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

Base Ops is a donator-tier regiment like Jedi, it should be a slave battalion.

Yes

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Management
Management

+1

I mean y'all never had a problem back when you boyos were Naval and being couped up in the Bridges.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

2 minutes ago, Marvel said:

+1

I mean y'all never had a problem back when you boyos were Naval and being couped up in the Bridges.

If you mean on the tamewater map, we were almost never in the bridge, we had no obligations, we could RP as we wished. 

• Winner 1

+1

Who gives a shit if minges or people leave the base. We still can tell who's supposed to be out and who isn't. Easy arrests. CT out of base? Probably not supposed to be there.

Base ops still have many aspects of RP such as ATC, med RP, bunk inspections, quartermaster, etc. This would not make base ops useless, this would not make minges any harder to catch then they are now, and those are pretty petty reasons to -1.

Edited by Jayarr
  • Agree 3
Banned

I mean what else would* Base Ops do? 

Neutral 

Edited by Sixta

r4ymo.gif

15 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

Lots of stuff we can do. We haven't been free to do those things and you guys rarely see it because of the gates. 

We rarely see anyone on gates. And when they are they're enlisted when you got officers and NCOs running around 

+1 Support

Frees up Base Ops to make the server even more RP focused, might give Shock more to do, and it means that it will be easier for battalions to leave the base in emergencies.

The suggestion isn't saying to remove the PTE PTL system, it's just saying to move the buttons.

The guy who got drunk and pretended to be a vacuum for an hour

3 hours ago, YeetMeister said:

-1 Just another way for minges to leave base, how is anyone +1'ing this. If this were to be added might as well remove Base Ops again.

This is just another excuse for Base Ops not to do their job.

Within the walls there are windows that you can jump out of already, there will be people in the courtyard to see if people leave. Base ops are more than just door men, like tf, they are more unique than most battalions because most battalions have the same job, shoot stuff.

Edited by IKE

JUST Making this Clear because  apparently no one knows this...

Base Command Center, can be Manned by Base Operations & Captain+... And if no one else is available Shock Troopers can run the BCC. BASE Operations do not have 1 Job which everyone thinks that battalion is only to man the BCC. Base Operations Run Engineering, Medical, ATC... It is NOT only there job to run the Base Command Center.

However I Would not mind a Second Button for the Blast Doors/Gate... I dont think location would work due to minges. However it is worth a Shot.

TLDR +1. But STOP Bitching at BO about the Gate ANY Captain + CAN Let personnel OUT!

• Winner 3

Huge plus one people who aren’t in BO have no idea what it’s like to sit in the BCC for hours actually makes me want to blow my brains out. Under the operations branch alone we have janitor, mining and QM. Adding this will free us up to do more RP around the base with medRP or QM stuff or hell even the janitors instead of them being forced into the BCC and people yelling at them when they aren’t there. Cpt + and knight + can run BCC. I would like to see you give it a try for hours on end. 

To help the suggestion a bit maybe add a switch in the BCC to activate those buttons near the gates so if the BCC is online the buttons don’t work something like that maybe. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Winner 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1

Although I don't believe this is necessary it would be a nice addition. I agree that's it's not the only job that base ops has. But isn't that one of your jobs? You run the base and that includes the gates. I understand that there are rank limitations for those who can man BCC within Base Ops. I would reccomend these be lowered to further allow RP within the base ops NCOs. Allowing for enlisted to prove themselves within the system of the BCC. It only takes one person to open the gates and man the ATC. And rarely do I see base ops doing any passive RP when that job is being done. Yes there's the odd bunk inspections, but rarely do I ever see any medical RP or QM. Yes the BCC limits their capability, but when that job is being handled, I urge that Base Ops put in more effort to truly RPing during down times.

Edited by Poe

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

Hmmm i remmber all those times people have tried to go man BCC and turns out base ops are up their not doing it (which fine i get it I've spent hours doing it myself) but then have yelled at the person saying they shouldn't be up their when all they wanted to do was man BCC (Officer + I am talking about not some randy NCO)

• Winner 1

-1. All it takes is one person to press a button in there. Its not like it takes the full regiment to press the button at one time. Just have a set station that rotates every so often like shock did back in the day. Quit being lazy.

Again literally takes just one person to press the buttons to open the gates. Not the whole battalion, leaving the rest of base ops available to go do your RP and shit.

Current Architect of Shadows Master Cal Vossen | Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

-1 Pressing/Opening gates does not make you a slave regiment. Damn I have gone up there and ran it myself with no problems, does that make my battalion a “slave battalion”? I have seen bacara do it before, does that mean he is in a slave battalion. No lie BO work has been lacking  when it comes to the gates, even joah said yesterday come on BO. RP is great and all but it’s really not hard to press 1 button and say granted 

• Agree 1

Minges can get out yes, but people who are new to the server wont know about going into the walls and jumping out, hell it took me 1 month to even know you cant jump out of the windows. All this suggestions does and take away the main reason Base Ops exists and making a more obvious way for people to leave the base without given permission.

Edited by YeetMeister

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, YeetMeister said:

Minges can get out yes, but people who are new to the server wont know about going into the walls and jumping out, hell it took me 1 month to even know you cant jump out of the windows. All this suggestions does and take away the main reason Base Ops exists and making a more obvious way for people to leave the base without given permission.

Base Ops' main job should not be being the gate bitches. People spent what, $25 on VIP? Why spend $25 to be a gate bitch? There's a lot more stuff we should focus on. The Jedi don't have anything remotely as monotonous as watching the gate.

I like the idea of having a switch in BCC to make the buttons work. That way when a BO is in BCC, they can stop people from minging.

Honestly, the shit BO gets has been a real turnoff for me when it comes to trying to be active on my BO. Most times after about 20 complaints in OOC that no one is in BCC, I'll swap on and let people out or in for 2 minutes, then sit there for half an hour not doing anything. I don't want to leave cause then people will bitch, but it just feels like I'm AFKing while I'm up there. 

I don't think anyone is saying BO should never run BCC, but in the times when no one is high enough ranked, or we're busy doing something else (engineer, medical, etc) it would be nice to have an alternative so people aren't stuck in the base all day (or CPT+ can do their job and man it themselves).

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

17 hours ago, Fizzik said:

Base Ops' main job should not be being the gate bitches. People spent what, $25 on VIP? Why spend $25 to be a gate bitch? There's a lot more stuff we should focus on. The Jedi don't have anything remotely as monotonous as watching the gate.

You also spend $25 for Senators, Jedi and Sith, Base Ops isnt the only thing you can do with VIP

Edited by YeetMeister

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, YeetMeister said:

You also spend $25 for Senators, Jedi and Sith, Base Ops isnt the only thing you can do with VIP

It's still a VIP job. Nobody that you listed play the role of being slaves excluding Base Ops. 

After reading other suggestions, I change to a -1

I understand BO want to do other things with their free time, but come on. It isn't all that hard to press a button. You don't need to wait around forever. You can go do other things, then when someone requests PTE, just go up and open the gate. This is coming from someone who gets it. It gets boring waiting up there, yes, but you can always occupy yourself with other things while you wait. Or you can, I don't know, communicate with the people outside, or roleplay with others in the same room, or do something OOC like listen to music. There is lots to do while you wait, and pressing a button and hitting a bind requires minimal effort. Base Ops are not a slave battalion. Base ops are meant to run the base. This means they are meant to run around and do menial tasks to keep the base operational. This includes them doing some pretty boring stuff, but in real life it would get boring. During events they don't go out and fight, they make sure the base is safe. They make sure the planet outside the base is safe.

TL;DR Its not that hard to hit a button. It doesn't take that long. It doesn't take that much effort. 

Edited by Eclipse

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

1 hour ago, Arroyo said:

Sith Acolytes, Citizens plating as slaves for Sith, clones doing the Jedi bidding. Shall I name more 

Playing ROLEPLAY as slaves...? That's completely different. Also, clones aren't a VIP branch.

• Retired Founder

I see this creating more conflict than it will help. Have a CO go up or a ST go up if no one is manning, it, not like you need to rush out 24/7 anyway. Also, We're to busy working on the Venator optimizations / change. Maybe I can suggest this for Sion when we're finishing up on the base.

Semi-Denied for now.