Holocomms

Zyner

DISCLAIMER: While the file is only 0.007MB, the true decision will come from how it affects performance as the Add-On most likely has a script that repeats "Is Player Here?" and such when performing the video & voice link between the two Holocomms. The suggestion is mostly to see how you guys would feel about adding this as while it is very immersive, it is also very useless as it is only usable within reason. The testing of it will decide its final fate.

Name:

Zyner

Suggestion:

Adding a Holocomms device

Implementation:

Allowing Admin+ to spawn a Holocomms device to BCMD+ (or any rank with a worthy reason) during events when requested or approved by a Game Master. Could potentially add this to the loadout of all High Command jobs depending on performance after it is tested.

Lore:

There were Holocomms in Star Wars. Currently we just use /comms but with this it would allow more direct & immersive coordination & communication between High Command on the Battlefield or even in the base where immediate yet confidential information is required to be transferred.

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1693000098

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dID5JW1Dok&feature=youtu.be&t=40

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change:

Add the Holocomms Entity

Job:

All High Command Jobs (Either BCMD+ or REG+)

Model:

N/A

Weapons:

N/A

Other:

Holocomms Entity

As stated before, the adding of this entity to High Command would only be allowed if there is no performance impact from them having this item; Otherwise, it will be only able to be spawned by an Admin+ at the discretion of a Game Master during events/encounters (which includes the request of one even if below the rank within reason.)

Edited by Zyner
  • Winner 1
Banned

+1

If tested and found not to lag this would be excellent for RP.

47 minutes ago, Alexz said:

it would be abused by people. I think it should only be CMD+ so +1 overall

I’m sorry but how would calling someone be abused? 

The only jobs with holocom swep is all Commander,Officer,BCMD+ jobs

If you can’t trust officer+ to have a simple swep then you have to fix that lol

Edited by Arroyo
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, Arroyo said:

I’m sorry but how would calling someone be abused? 

The only jobs with holocom swep is all Commander,Officer,BCMD+ jobs

yeah I realized that now lol, I thought everyone had them. I agreed with you, but accidentally lol mistaked it.

+1

I saw this pop up near the top of workshop earlier and was  REALLY  impressed with how well it looks.     I think it should be limited to BCMDs and High Command to pervent abuse like OP and several other people have mentioned. 

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

Ayoo! This is a very cool idea! 

+ fukkin 1.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

• Management
Management

+1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Retired Founder

I do like the idea, My only concern is this is using a voice Convar, that is constantly being read through hooks. Im questioning how badly this will dip performance.

4 minutes ago, Joah said:

I do like the idea, My only concern is this is using a voice Convar, that is constantly being read through hooks. Im questioning how badly this will dip performance.

We could have a test phase of the Holocomm and see how it goes, remove it if it causes a bunch of performance issues

52946061-6923-4AFC-AEBA-9E28ED2BA75D-5.g

• Retired Founder
3 minutes ago, traditional said:

We could have a test phase of the Holocomm and see how it goes, remove it if it causes a bunch of performance issues

Honestly, That's what I'm thinking, Or possibly making this a donator perk to massivley reduce those who would have it. And allow game masters to spawn it for events maybe?

Or Possibly adding it just for BCMD's and Gamemasters?

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Joah said:

Honestly, That's what I'm thinking, Or possibly making this a donator perk to massivley reduce those who would have it. And allow game masters to spawn it for events maybe?

U could Make it a event server thing to start out with and than Gamemasters can use it for big deployments instead of comms

+1

+1 I do like the idea of this. At least for limited usage. It would be very fun to see this around different events and RP scenarios. I can imagine right now, having a call with a hostage taker while they show their hostage in the background and demand their terms. That would be pretty sweet.

Edited by [SR] Moros [NA]
4 hours ago, Joah said:

How about it just replaces the holocom swep not everyone has them

• Agree 2
5 hours ago, Arroyo said:

How about it just replaces the holocom swep not everyone has them

It’s like the arms Radio swep of you have ever played it.

It is just another way to communicate, however it is intensive, so I agree to test it

Former: Liaison

9 hours ago, Joah said:

Could do all of the above, honestly, depending on intensity. Although even if it drags a bit on the performance, I'd rather keep it even just as a gamemaster resource. Sending out a recon unit with someone acting as high command's eyes sounds like an amazing event.

• Retired Founder
1 minute ago, OneNiner6719 said:

Could do all of the above, honestly, depending on intensity. Although even if it drags a bit on the performance, I'd rather keep it even just as a gamemaster resource. Sending out a recon unit with someone acting as high command's eyes sounds like an amazing event.

I'm thinking about adding it in as a gamemaster only spawnable item

1 minute ago, Joah said:

I'm thinking about adding it in as a gamemaster only spawnable item

If just to test it, I can get behind that. Although preferably with ruling on that it can be spawned in for any legitimate roleplay that could utilize such a device, in such ways that would probably not lag the server.

• Agree 1
13 hours ago, Joah said:

Gamemaster for sure, my main intent for this Add-On would to be used during events. Otherwise, it would be to the discretion of the Gamemaster overseeing an encounter or someone requests it during passiveRP with a worthy reason.

As far as Donator Perk, it would certainly be unique and worth spending real money on over sweps. It has both utility and entertainment value but the cost of it would certainly be high, I'd even guess at $20, because of the necessary precautions - or perhaps make it "invite-only" so to speak? Where you allow it to be sold 20 times over the course of 3 months or so.

I was also suggesting BCMD+ to spawn with it so it's more common for them to use it on the battlefield and not have to hassel a Game Helper constantly for it, including respawns. The numbers of who have it is limited and they can easily be held accountable for when abusing it.

The testing phase is truly what I'm waiting for since that's what will decide the fate over this Add-On. I'd give one to every BCMD+ and see how it goes from there, start from heavy load then see how it gets better from there when lowering the numbers who have it.

Edited by Zyner

+1 i would say maybe shock as well so that we can let alk the comanders know if we have detained someone or so we could have a way to keep in contact with the high commander's so they know where we are during events 

20 minutes ago, Ragen said:

+1 i would say maybe shock as well so that we can let alk the comanders know if we have detained someone or so we could have a way to keep in contact with the high commander's so they know where we are during events 

This one is an interesting one. Based on performance, I would suggest to let a few high/active ST get it so if someone is FailRP/Minging, a person can call a ST and show them directly so there's no confusion over what may or may not have happened and ST takes swift action.