Removal of senators

COC4IN3

Name: [MoeC O C 4 I N 3] ~ Base ops COL Wersock ~ CT PVT Wersock 

Suggestion: Removal of senators. 

Implementation: Removal of senators on the base. 

Lore: In lore you never seen any senators giving out orders left, right and centre and should not be able to just walk on the base. 

Workshop content if applicable: NONE
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change the senator system to something more realistic or just completely remove them. 

Job: Senators 

Model: NONE 

Weapons: NONE

Other:

Right, so i know for a fact people are going to be a bit iffy on this suggestion but lets be real here... Would we see senators on the base running riot, not roleplaying properly or just giving out orders to troopers for like no reason? Not saying this has happened but at the same time I wouldn't like it to ever happen, I do know some people can get power trippy and pull out the senator card, which can be ridiculous.  I think a removal of senators would be  better for everyone as it makes no sense having them on the base.  I Just want a realistic point of view, I'm not sure what else people can have if it does ever get decided to get removed but I'm sure that's for some big boys to decide.  You may think I'm going off the rails but that's because i think i am but i want to see where this goes and i feel strongly of the removal, now lets see what you guys think. 

Edit: Could make them event jobs if people agree to it. 

Edited by COC4IN3

The reason for this is probably because too many people are able to be a senator. If we could go back to that one person rule. I wouldn’t mind it, and should be entirely separate from the clones. Maybe have Senate Commandos be a subunit of CG and there role is to be contacting senators and do what they do. I don’t think removal is the best idea.

Either go back to the one Senator rule, and if not then yes I Agree and would +1 this post. People shouldn’t have this power if they can’t be trusted. That’s why the one person rule is best in my opinion 

Former: Liaison

What would you suggest as a more realistic approach?

What about their connection to Palpatine/Mas Amedda? (Swithing from applications & a "chain of command" to - ?)

As far as event jobs, they could be used as encounter jobs when someone actually wants to roleplay and has an idea for a scene. This would allow anyone who understands the role of a Senator to step in and create roleplay [under supervision].

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Pythin said:

The reason for this is probably because too many people are able to be a senator. If we could go back to that one person rule. I wouldn’t mind it, and should be entirely separate from the clones. Maybe have Senate Commandos be a subunit of CG and there role is to be contacting senators and do what they do. I don’t think removal is the best idea.

Either go back to the one Senator rule, and if not then yes I Agree and would +1 this post. People shouldn’t have this power if they can’t be trusted. That’s why the one person rule is best in my opinion 

How can people have the power if the jobs are removed? your comment makes no sense bro

Just now, Zyner said:

What would you suggest as a more realistic approach?

What about their connection to Palpatine/Mas Amedda? (Swithing from applications & a "chain of command" to - ?)

As far as event jobs, they could be used as encounter jobs when someone actually wants to roleplay and has an idea for a scene. This would allow anyone who understands the role of a Senator to step in and create roleplay [under supervision].

What you said there is actually a good idea.. maybe they should be some sort of encounter job but people don't main it. Could be like a gamemaster that uses it to a scene for events or as such. 

Just now, COC4IN3 said:

How can people have the power if the jobs are removed? your comment makes no sense bro

No I am saying I don’t agree with the removal hence the minus one. I think they should go back to one person. That’s the best option imp 

but if they don’t then I would have +1 this suggestion 

Just now, Pythin said:

No I am saying I don’t agree with the removal hence the minus one. I think they should go back to one person. That’s the best option imp 

Oh right, maybe I read it wrong lol 

+1 even with the “fixes” they’re still inactive af and don’t make sense

• Agree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

I think there should still be main senators as jobs.

For example, we see Padme, Lux, Bail, Jar Jar, Mas Amedda, and Palpy in the TV show quite often. I believe those are the senators that should stay. Adding on to that, I agree with what Pythin said. We should reduce the numbers to 1 person / senator job and have that one person be extremely dedicated to that job. 

For now, I will remain neutral on this post.

• Agree 1

Zuko Fanboy

spacer.png

-1 I am cool with lowering the amount of senators to just a few, but removal?  Nah bro your snap back is falling.

• Agree 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

2 hours ago, COC4IN3 said:

I Just want a realistic point of view

Yes, because having 12 Battalions on 1 base, being on Endor 30 years before it was populated, and having Sith are all realistic.

• Funny 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

3 minutes ago, Finn said:

Yes, because having 12 Battalions on 1 base, being on Endor 30 years before it was populated, and having Sith are all realistic.

well no... not many things is realistic but having senators on the base is just way off the charts... 

17 minutes ago, CrazyFastNight said:

-1, when y'all dont give us a chance to do stuff, dont complain we do not do stuff

I'm sure there's plenty of roleplay things you guys can do with events... like have them as event jobs its better that way.

The jobs and positions have like 0 power over clones. If you see some prick running riot and getting to big fire their boots report them to Mas Ameda. Neutral. Leaning for -1. not really a proper suggestion its many potential solutions for a half problem that haven't been described the best and is full of some buzz words.

Edited by BigZach
  • Winner 1

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

3 hours ago, Pythin said:

One person jobs were terrible. It was a miracle to see a senator at all. It also a hard job to track activity as there are not many people with you and nothing to log like actual data of a recruit or something.

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

Senator is like the only role dedicated to RP only. I don't think it wise to remove them. Give mas amedda/clegane a chance to show what he can do, eh?

And like bigzach said, whoever the fuck is walking around stroking their senator cock shouldn't be doing so unless it's someone like gume saam who holds themselves high in character.

Edited by Jayarr

I see what you guys are saying but from what I have seen people who play as senators don't really do anything at all just mass amedda doing things that's all, personally I feel like senators shouldn't even be around but event jobs could see some sort of fit for them. 

Just now, BigZach said:

One person jobs were terrible. It was a miracle to see a senator at all. It also a hard job to track activity as there are not many people with you and nothing to log like actual data of a recruit or something.

Hence forth I said bring senate commandos. Put them as a subunit to Shock . Then senators have something for them to do. To talk with them. Or better yet add different senators that people could form there own image with. Don’t remove the senate. It is a good idea, and helps with a lot of stuff shock could do. That’s what they do. If you take that away. Shock only abuse people. 

Come on. If you give something for senators to do they will get on. 

Senators not doing anything is not a removal fault. Talk to them and see whats up, or maybe replace them for active ones who promote roleplay. When I was red guard they were so fucking good with no privileges. It all comes down to the senators acts. Personally I'd love to be one to bring back the old ways of before the split, icefuse level senators like dargon or ginyu.

Edited by Jayarr
14 minutes ago, Pythin said:

Hence forth I said bring senate commandos. Put them as a subunit to Shock . Then senators have something for them to do. To talk with them. Or better yet add different senators that people could form there own image with. Don’t remove the senate. It is a good idea, and helps with a lot of stuff shock could do. That’s what they do. If you take that away. Shock only abuse people. 

Come on. If you give something for senators to do they will get on. 

How many Captain Taggarts did we go through? The point of the past is to learn from it. If we had Senate Commandos we definitely couldn't have a one person job limit. 

11 minutes ago, Metro said:

-1 its the Command and the members of the Senate currently. Don't blame the positions, blame the people.

well all these people never seem to do RP then... its pointless having jobs if they aint being used right... there's just no real point to be honest.

5 minutes ago, COC4IN3 said:

well all these people never seem to do RP then... its pointless having jobs if they aint being used right... there's just no real point to be honest.

This wouldn't push serious RP it would be a removal of a promising Avenue to push serious RP.

• Agree 1

Don't remove them completely, cos in a few months time someone will post a suggestion saying "WHERE'S MY SENATORS?!"

Maybe all you need to do is remove their authority to give orders? Although, having a senator with no form of influence or power is kinda... weird..

Also, having senators gives players something else to aspire to play as, maybe what needs to happen is a chat with Mas Amedda and the next Palpatine, and through this discussion you can come up with more "realistic" ideas on portraying roleplay with the senators.

Cos let's face it, senators are cool, and they're different.

Also, I'm sure senators on the base is the least of worries, it's a GMOD server, not a movie franchise. 

Neutral, I like the idea but there is pros and cons.

Edited by Freck
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

British

9 hours ago, COC4IN3 said:

well no... not many things is realistic but having senators on the base is just way off the charts... 

Having senators on base is way off the charts, but having Sith and Jedi who hate each other occupy the same planet, fight together on occasion, and be totally cool with that is totally fine? 

17 minutes ago, YeetMeister said:

+1 all they do is boss people around and get kidnapped.

That's funny 'cause they are not allowed to boss people around, it's against the rules. If they are doing that then it's either in character reasons or they are just fucking retards and need to be removed.

7 minutes ago, Jayarr said:

That's funny 'cause they are not allowed to boss people around, it's against the rules. If they are doing that then it's either in character reasons or they are just fucking retards and need to be removed.

I can say on my behalf as C3PO I let others boss me around for rp lmao

I’ll give some insight on what Senators are supposed to be doing. Senators during my term were repeatedly reminded that they had no military power and could only suggest things for the clones to do. They also had no ability to AOS or forcibly make someone do something other than protecting them. Also, what you’re talking about is a removable offense within Senators. I am personally of the opinion that Senators is a good thing for the server to have, but needs to be kept on a short leash. There should never be a Senator who is breaking character or doing something that isn’t in RP. We started having base meetings where officers, Jedi, and naval would all come talk to us, similar to an actual Senate meeting.  

The whole point of Senators is to promote RP and if you’re saying that Senators are not, which could be, then you or whoever sees them doing something other than that needs to contact Mas Amedda and have them handled. 

Also, Senators are required to fill out a sign-in stating when they were on, for how long, and who witnessed them. This is done to keep them active and they can be removed for failing to fill this out. On top of that, they also have to fill out a form weekly stating what they did in RP that week, etc.

We have low Senator right now because tryouts needed an overhaul. Before the tryouts got changed and we wiped Senators for lack of RP etc, we had over 15 people. I have no doubt that this system works and js effective.

Edited by Quill Khan
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1
7 hours ago, GM-3022 Havok said:

Having senators on base is way off the charts, but having Sith and Jedi who hate each other occupy the same planet, fight together on occasion, and be totally cool with that is totally fine? 

I dont like how we have sith and jedi together, but having senators is just pointless...

2 hours ago, Quill Khan said:

I’ll give some insight on what Senators are supposed to be doing. Senators during my term were repeatedly reminded that they had no military power and could only suggest things for the bast to do. They also had no ability to AOS or forcibly make someone do something other than protect them. Also, what you’re talking about is a removable offense within Senators. I am personally of the opinion that Senators is a good thing for the server to have, but needs to be kept on a short leash. There should never be a Senator who is breaking character or doing something that isn’t in RP. We started having base meetings where officers, jed, and naval would all come talk to us, similar to an actual Senate meeting.  

The whole point of Senators is to promote RP and if you’re saying that Senators are not, which could be, then you or whoever sees them doing something other than that needs to contact Mas Amedda and have them handled. 

Also, Senators are required to fill out a sign-in stating when they were on, for how long, and who wotnessed them. This is done to keep them active and they can be removed for failing to fill this out. On top of that they also have to fill out a form weekly stating what they did in RP that week etc.

We have low Senator right now because tryouts needed an overhaul. Beforr the tryouts got changed and we wiped Senators for lack of RP etc, we had over 15 people. I have no doubt that this system works and js effective.

I respect that you have put it in detail for me but still doesnt really change my mind.

3 hours ago, Quill Khan said:

I’ll give some insight on what Senators are supposed to be doing. Senators during my term were repeatedly reminded that they had no military power and could only suggest things for the clones to do. They also had no ability to AOS or forcibly make someone do something other than protecting them. Also, what you’re talking about is a removable offense within Senators. I am personally of the opinion that Senators is a good thing for the server to have, but needs to be kept on a short leash. There should never be a Senator who is breaking character or doing something that isn’t in RP. We started having base meetings where officers, Jedi, and naval would all come talk to us, similar to an actual Senate meeting.  

Also, Senators are required to fill out a sign-in stating when they were on, for how long, and who witnessed them. This is done to keep them active and they can be removed for failing to fill this out. On top of that, they also have to fill out a form weekly stating what they did in RP that week, etc.

We have low Senator right now because tryouts needed an overhaul. Before the tryouts got changed and we wiped Senators for lack of RP etc, we had over 15 people. I have no doubt that this system works and js effective.

How would Senators be breaking character, They are never active cuz there is nothing for them to do cuz when they are on they cant do anything other than RP and honestly there isn't much to RP when they have no rank.

Edited by Josh Schneider

Senators have plenty of things that they can do. If the person behind the job isn't creative enough to come up with something to do for the day or even something to entertain themselves with, then that is the problem of them, not Senators. I personally had plenty to do as Lux, months ago. I would ask clones for check-ups., debate Republic law with troopers, or even yes,  get captured. It's up to you, as a Senator, to bolster the RP on the server. For those who can't handle that, then they resign or are eventually kicked for inactivity. The point of them having no rank is because they shouldn't have one. In Lore, Senators are merely politicians. They are nothing more than a civilian with a following and it shows in the show. We see characters like Padme fall in line with the drum of war and go off on missions for the Jedi. We also see plenty of Senators do a number of "non-senator" like things. It's up to them to find a way around the wall of "I'm bored and I don't have any ideas". The new Senator tryout is all about how well you can RP. If you can come up with all the things asked of you then, you should have no problem coming up with it once you get a job to play on.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

You guys actually think senators have to much power and authority now? LOL

You should have seen them when Max and I had our run, they were so overpowered you don't even understand. You could literally hold a public execution if someone ran into you, you also could AOS anyone and bail everyone out of jail. So the fact that people are saying they have so much power and authority that's nothing. What Quill said was very true and sums up the point pretty well. It is the person behind the character that makes or breaks the RP, if they aren't good then remove their asses, most people would kill to get a Senator position. Well atleast, back then they would, don't know about now. Welp, I will be keeping this open for a couple more days. Any shitposting or unnecessary comments will be hidden and the poster will be warned.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
20 minutes ago, Esitt said:

You guys actually think senators have to much power and authority now? LOL

You should have seen them when Max and I had our run, they were so overpowered you don't even understand. You could literally hold a public execution if someone ran into you, you also could AOS anyone and bail everyone out of jail. So the fact that people are saying they have so much power and authority that's nothing. What Quill said was very true and sums up the point pretty well. It is the person behind the character that makes or breaks the RP, if they aren't good then remove their asses, most people would kill to get a Senator position. Well atleast, back then they would, don't know about now. Welp, I will be keeping this open for a couple more days. Any shitposting or unnecessary comments will be hidden and the author will be warned.

So to your last part, if someone is shit posting on here and its competely out of my hands i can get a warning for that? Makes 0 sense bruh

• Retired Founder

This is way to close to call, if I did end up getting rid of them, most would become event jobs. And Palpatine would be the only playable class.

For that reason I am going to deny this.

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 2