Naval Report

Dragon

-VOID-

I want to start this off by saying this not a personal attack against Freck, but this needs to be done.

Second please read this thoroughly before commenting. Leave it to +/- 1 only, there is no need to argue, and please add a reason for your rating.

Your Name: Dragon

Your Steam IDSTEAM_1:0:31617729 

Your rank/position in the battalion (if applicable)?: Not applicable - I am not naval

Battalion Commander(+)'s Name: Freck

Battalion Commander(+)'s Steam ID (OPTIONAL IF UNABLE TO FIND):

Battalion/Squad/Regiment/Brigade: Naval

Why should this Battalion Commander(+) be demoted?:  The main issue is that Naval tryouts are harder than they should be.  This affects the ability to maintain numbers.  Naval is not elite, they are there to enforce roleplay on the server.  The tryouts should be as easy as youngling trials.  It should be almost all roleplay, as this is the main role of the Naval.  The current tryouts consist of nearly impossible faces, which faces should be basic just to weed out the people who are incompetent.  Formations, which have to be performed in under five seconds, which is RC level.  Roleplay, which is definitely a necessity.  Lastly there a lot of lore questions and other types of questions.  Lore is something that should in the tryout, but not too much of.  There is also the test on debrief procedure and formations.  This is not something that should even be in the tryouts regardless of how easy it is.  They should not test you on something they are supposed to teach you. Delving deeper into Naval, two of the branches are completely dead; Quartermaster and Engineer.  While Quartermaster is not the most important branch, Engineers are.  Talking with community members, there has been a big absence of Naval engineers.  This is the most important branch of Naval since Medical is now shared with the Republic Medics.  While these two branches are completely dead, the only branch that has significant members is Flight ops.  Easily the least important branch in all of Naval; considering that people rarely fly on the main server, and Naval have no control over flight while being deployed.  However, this is the only branch with numbers in it.  There is also the cause for concern with the fact that Naval do not do much with their men, hence a lot of people are not playing on their naval as it is very boring.

Has this Battalion Commander violated one of the rules for demotion?: Yes.  “Inability to maintain numbers within his/her battalion”.  As stated above the only branch with significant numbers is Flight ops, one of the least important sections of naval.  Other branches such as Medical are low in numbers, while quartermasters and engineers are completely dead.  Not only does this affect naval, it also affects battalions that are losing on roleplay.

Evidence against the individual?: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1299047700 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1299051290  

This is a screenshot today at around 7:45 pm EST, a time considered by many as primetime, at this point the server is at over 120 and there are no naval.

Suggestion for new Commander of that Battalion (OPTIONAL)?: I believe that removing Freck will not solve the issue; therefore I am requesting a Naval wipe until someone is chosen to lead the naval, with a Director or founder stepping in for the meantime.

Edited by Dragon
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 16

Naval tryouts are hard? Do you not remember Max's tryouts that 99% of people would fail? I actually said to a ton of people that I would love to see Max's tryouts again because it made me actually want to be Naval. I felt if I passed Max's tryouts than I was the best of the best. 

We had 12+ Naval on yesterday. Naval and Freck are doing great, way better than any of the past Synergy Admirals.

Edited by Dargon
  1. Naval tryouts aren't hard, you're just not googling fast enough.
  2. And Naval are meant to be competent, they run the ship.
  3. Quartermasters aren't dead, they just have nothing to do since shit was removed from our RP such as bunk inspections; get over it.

Like, get the hell outta here with this shit.

• Agree 3

Naval members have lives, and the simple fact that you think that if and only if they are on when you are is an acceptable reason to say that he needs removed, you need to open your eyes. 12 members of naval were on yesterday and 4-5 this morning at around 8am est. You need to work on your eyesight.

• Agree 2

-1 Sorry bud but from what I see this is a "they aren't on when i'm on so there is no one and everyone is inactive" and also i wanna point out what medic said you have 37 hours in the last what 2 weeks so your opinion is invalid, Also stop trying to powerplay people just because you didn't pass the tryouts because you are to bad to pass them. Also you said you "aren't naval" so how the fuck would you know if the branches are dead. Like honestly Just go back into your hole and leave the server you cause way to much drama for no reason at all.

• Agree 2
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

-1 I like this meme it was really creative gotta say having a previous ORDO SKIRATA complain he cant pass naval tryouts LUL 

• Agree 2

-1, naval tryouts under Max I guarantee were harder, don’t make a report on someone because they made their tryouts to hard it’s childish. Freck has a vision for naval and it’s obvious that vision only includes people who can pass the tryouts if naval is good and online which they are there’s no problem here - Acorn/Rex

• Agree 1

+1 Naval tryouts are notoriously difficult. People who BUY VIP should be allowed easier access to naval. Its retarded that people fail these tryouts 10+ times when they spent money to become one. The full naval system needs redone. I don't care if i get negative rep for this, but this has been an issue forever! Its naval NOT RC. Like I said people PAY MONEY to get a chance at naval. As for the amount of naval there is close to none. A lot of there training programs are dying or none existent because no one runs it consistently. I myself failed a tryout because i didn't know where the hell venators were mass produced. Everyone is reading a wiki while doing this test why give stupidly hard question like that. I passed everything else from RP to stances to faces with flying colors. Because someone doesn't understand literal to the point lore they shouldn't be denied. I doubt any naval in star wars was required to know things like that. They applied for the position like many working class citizens do. I can understand making admirals take a difficult test but a crewman doesn't need all of that info.

TL;DR Naval tryouts are ridiculous. Naval is dying. People PAY MONEY to be naval. Fix your shit!

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 6
  • Retired Founder

+1

I actually agree with this comment.

Naval tryouts are not supposed to be impossible... they should at least be reasonably hard but not impossible. Most of the Naval branches are in fact dead. 
I've had multiple players come to me complaining that it is close to impossible to pass and they even have screenshots of a black box that traps you in where you can't even tell where you're facing while doing faces.

Naval is not RC... they're Naval, it's an intensive roleplay role, not something that is supposed to be in depth with combat. It's supposed to promote seriousness and roleplay. It's not supposed to be Null and RC where you feel like an elitist. That's not even close to what it needs to be.

If there wasn't a problem with Naval why is it that you never seen more than 3 or 4 on the standing weekly. It's rare to see a bunch of Naval on at one point. It does happen but it's rare.

Most of the branches are suffering which is correct. Also calling 40 hours bad is kind of cancerous. That defines as part-time in a work definition. I challenge you to sit in a room for 40 hours and stare at a wall and really understand how long 40 hours is.

Naval is majorly hurting and it's sad to say but the only reason Roleplay is being promoted on the server is that of the military hierarchy and the Game Masters. Naval have 0 to little influence onto how to roleplay is conducted on the server. For those of you -1'ing you're simply backing Freck because undeniably he is a good lad and definitely a strong friend. But as someone who has run multiple communities and has stood as a leader for a long time, I can tell there is a major problem within the Naval itself. It's not the roleplay role it's supposed to be and it has become entirely irrelevant and disrespected.

You guys did not take the time to really think this through on Dragon's complaint. I for one agree with Dragon heavily and this is something that should not be taken lightly considering I almost ALWAYS disagree with Dragon.

Best of luck to the Naval, Best of luck to the Server.

Hopefully, this stands strong coming from a community leader

-Love from Joah.

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 5
2 minutes ago, Joah said:

+1

Naval tryouts are not supposed to be impossible... they should at least be reasonably hard but not impossible. Most of the Naval branches are in fact dead. 
I've had multiple players come to me complaining that it is close to impossible to pass and they even have screenshots of a black box that traps you in where you can't even tell where you're facing while doing faces.

Naval is not RC... they're Naval, it's an intensive roleplay role, not something that is supposed to be in depth with combat. It's supposed to promote seriousness and roleplay. It's not supposed to be Null and RC where you feel like an elitist. That's not even close to what it needs to be.

If there wasn't a problem with Naval why is it that you never seen more than 3 or 4 on the standing weekly. It's rare to see a bunch of Naval on at one point. It does happen but it's rare.

Most of the branches are suffering which is correct. Also calling 40 hours bad is kind of cancerous. That defines as part-time in a work definition. I challenge you to sit in a room for 40 hours and stare at a wall and really understand how long 40 hours is.

Naval is majorly hurting and it's sad to say but the only reason Roleplay is being promoted on the server is that of the military hierarchy and the Game Masters. Naval have 0 to little influence onto how to roleplay is conducted on the server. For those of you -1'ing you're simply backing Freck because undeniably he is a good lad and definitely a strong friend. But as someone who has run multiple communities and has stood as a leader for a long time, I can tell there is a major problem within the Naval itself. It's not the roleplay role it's supposed to be and it has become entirely irrelevant and disrespected.

You guys did not take the time to really think this through on Dragon's complaint. I for one agree with Dragon heavily and this is something that should not be taken lightly considering I almost ALWAYS disagree with Dragon.

-Love from Joah.

i literally got in on my first try like 12 hours ago, it ISNT hard

Edited by Narvisius
  • Disagree 1
  • Retired Founder
1 minute ago, Narvisius said:

i literally got in on my first try like 12 hours ago

Grats I got Padawan Knight in the same day during impossible tryouts, do you want me to bow to you, or suck your dick. I'm not sure?

Just because one person can do it doesn't mean the rest can.

• Agree 7
1 minute ago, Nix said:

How can naval tryouts be that hard if this man passed it like come on

An RP Heavy position, just had one of the mingiest kids pass Naval Tryouts. Two complete polar opposites. I have to agree with this statement. If Nightmare can pass naval tryouts than its not too hard.

"Its just a game why you gotta be serious"-Nightmare

"If you get shot you better fuckin scream through your mic"-Naval

Edited by Duck
9 minutes ago, Joah said:

+1

-Love from Joah.

Solid agree, though I think this should just be a serious attitude change within Naval than a serious removal - Max's Naval succeeded despite the smaller manpower because Max nolifed the shit out of naval and made sure he was promoting battalion relations and doing stuff - Medical/Engineer training was constant.

I love Freck to death but Dragon is right

+1.

(side-note I've +1'd every single commander report on an Eastern Commander that I've posted on, so I'd like to apologize to all of the British and Euro boys I've shit on <3)

Edited by Faoeoa
Just now, Pyle said:

Nightmare only has a 15 minute memory span.

If that was true he wouldn't remember Knight Council my dude

It's all trauma sustained from the dark ages of being a Master under PJ.

I'm gonna -1 this..... Why  well yes as @Joah has stated. They shouldn't be impossible. However removing him just because you get salty that its hard is kinda stupid when the easy fix is to discuss it with him as I know Freck wouldn't mind listening. Yes, Some parts of Naval are dead. Congrats. What? His job is to run ALL of Naval. Some things take time. That's like saying remove a BCMD bc most of the regiments are dead LOL    some things are not so easy to fill up. The simple fix imo is as I stated. Have a sit down with Freck. The man is a great Admiral. get off his dick and let him do what he does.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
13 minutes ago, Joah said:

+1

-Love from Joah.

Hate to do this to my boys but +1 gotta agree with Joah

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 4
Just now, Pyle said:

It's the trauma from Medieval RP

That's why I'm retarded, too.

I'm gonna point out now that intelligence/level of autism also doesn't equal the competence of how you handle trials in a video game.

Ok so-1

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

The main issue is that Naval tryouts are harder than they should be

I passed first time, no strikes. This seems like you just failed tryouts and are angry...

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

The current tryouts consist of nearly impossible faces, which faces should be basic just to weed out the people who are incompetent.  Formations, which have to be performed in under five seconds, which is RC level.

It's been like this for a WHILE, under Baller it was like this, and you seemed to have no issue then.

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

Lastly there a lot of lore questions and other types of questions.

Questions... in a tryout... which are difficult? NO WAYYYY MANNNN

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

There is also the test on debrief procedure and formations.  This is not something that should even be in the tryouts regardless of how easy it is.

You should be able to know how debriefs work if you have to run them...

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

Evidence against the individual?

Wait a minute... this evidence... is retarded. I can send screenshots of stuff too.

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

a Naval wipe

How would a wipe fix anything? Sorry to be disrespectful, but thats pretty retarded

Overall, this better be a meme

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
21 minutes ago, Washington said:

thats pretty retarded

Wow. Calling me retarded. That's so rude and I disagree with this one section of what you wrote without including the rest of it.

See what I did there. Anyone can take snippets out of an argument and destroy it. The challenge is coming up with an argument for the entire thing, not just little quotes that are taken out of context when not read with the rest.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
Just now, Dragon said:

Wow. Calling me retarded. That's so rude and I disagree with this one section of what you wrote without including the rest of it.

See what I did there. Anyone can take snippets out of an argument and destroy it. The challenge is coming up with an argument for the entire thing, not just little quotes that are taken out of context when not read with the rest.

If you look at context, you can see it says that A wipe is. Even Oxen has stated that. But overall it is what your arguement is

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
6 minutes ago, Ruzom said:

@WashingtonIn all seriousness Naval crewman/petty officer or whatever the low rank is should be given to all like jedi youngling is SINCE PEOPLE PAY FOR IT. Then give people training then on. Would fix all the issues.

Then it would have to be like youngling as well. No Power. Cant do anything. Cant order battalions. Shouldnt even be allowed on bridge. Or ATC. if you think they should get "some power" then let me hit you with that big "Donator should not grant you all the power in the world" instead it grants you the option to go into a role, however you still have to earn that role. Meaning just like Jedi Youngling they have to go through tryouts(Not trials) to go up

Edited by Duck
38 minutes ago, Ruzom said:

@WashingtonIn all seriousness Naval crewman/petty officer or whatever the low rank is should be given to all like jedi youngling is SINCE PEOPLE PAY FOR IT. Then give people training then on. Would fix all the issues.

Yea no. Naval are the people that have control of the ship. That would be a complete mingefest

2 hours ago, Karma said:

I'm saying this as a peaceful matter please do not start argument with each other please take it to pm and don't gang up on a person please  

I understand your concern, and I appreciate it. But for future reference I wouldn't back-seat moderate. Let the moderators do their jobs, and if they're not please submit a report.

Just as I go on LOA.... Nice.

You see dragon, if you had been straight up honest with me and said that yano, you think Im not doing good cos of the tryouts, I would have changed them. Instead you have put this up and over exaggerated what could have been sorted in a simple conversation.

- I will change the tryouts

- I will make the tryouts easier

- Please feel free to message me about any other concerns you have... thank you.

• Agree 5

British

5 hours ago, Ruzom said:

I would also like to point out that certain naval have been giving free passes to naval without tryouts. I will not mention names but the system is also corrupt.

You need to message me about this NOW

British

Okay after reading everything i really would like to say...

FUCK OFF!

If you can't pass naval tryouts go re train yourself or just ask anyone who passed them for help.

Naval tryouts took me some time but i was preparing myself and i DID it wow!

Naval tryouts are hard beacuss we dont want minges in naval. 

Also i wont be using colors and sizes for shit  like this. @Sir Freck is doing AMAZING job in naval. 

Big -1

~Black

Edited by Black

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

From my standpoint of being a Naval Officer (Lieutenant Junior Grade) there are a few things I can agree but most of it I highly disagree. It took me 6-7 times to pass tryouts. Each time I failed I went back and tried again, showing that I am dedicated to improving on what I failed on as well show that I can learn from my mistakes. 

The main reason that the tryouts are "difficult" is because we DO NOT want non-intelligible people in the Republic Navy because you are expected to do tons of work as a Naval person, this can range from Roleplay to Knowledge and more. As a Naval member, you are held to a high standard as you are in-command during battle situations when they occur. If you do not have the capabilities to lead or be able to make a spilled-second decision. Then Naval isn't for you. 

Removing @Sir Freck will solve nothing. A naval wipe will just kill Naval entirely and take too long to re-build as the Founders / Directors are focusing on projects of there own, correct me if I'm wrong :) Only a simple conversation with the Fleet Admiral would of solve this issue with NO DRAMA.

Basically, a massive -1 

So many opportunities to meme about former RC and former temporary CC to Vice Admiral.

But instead ill say this report as most is a show of poor leadership. 

Dragon and all others with an issue, please contact Freck with issues and solutions to help make Naval what you think it should be. Reports bring change from chaos which is never good change.

But legit faces? Lol 

• Agree 2

Also, shouldn't a commander report literally be the last thing you have to do? I'm pretty sure before a report you are to speak with the person in question. In which you did nothing of the sort. This whole report seems like you are just trying to cause drama for the hell of it. A simple talk about this whole situation with Freck would have been sufficient but NO you have to make a report and try to wipe all of Naval and make the problem you are stating worse.

I love you Dragon and you know it but it's you're being a bitch lmfao. As explained in your report itself naval are there to enforce roleplay on the ship and their tryouts test everything roleplay wise on the server, I know this due to my tries to join naval in the past and because I'll admit my roleplay skills don't stand out I failed and wasn't surprised, if naval tryouts would have been just a LITTLE bit easier I'd be shocked, there's no need for that. Your screenshots of low numbers just make me go in "gtfo" because just yesterday around 5PM EST I was in the 212th channel and all I heard was "holy shit there are a fuckton of naval, this is amazing" and all I thought was "I'm proud of you papi Freck". Regardless of all that, all of this could've been resolved by simply going to am admiral (Rear+)... This is ultra-mega-super invalid and just a waste of a forum thread. If Freck gets touched for that report I'm fucking done. #FreckDidNothingWrong.

-212th Battalion Commander Cody/BlackMamba/Freck's brother (I wish)

Edited by BlackMamba
Misspelling
  • Agree 1

alright id like to start this with a No -1. Freck is an amazing Admiral he has made naval into a battalion that is strong the reason trouts are "Hard" is because we need people who are strong and not week if you'r a minge you'r not passing if you are lacking in confidence  you'r not passing the only way to pass is to A) Revise over everything you can on Naval making notes and B) Actually bother to do work.

Now the branches, Yes it is an issue that there is only 1 branch that is big (FO) but im seeing some Engineers come on daily and doing their jobs yes QM might be dying but As the QMO im trying to revive my branch to make it at least as popular as Medical. But i cant help what people chose they are not robots and i cant control what they say so if they say flight ops O'well who really cares.

Naval is thriving right now and ive never see this many people in naval on all the servers ive been on. I'm happy to serve under freck and so are most people in Naval and i would never change the Admiral even if i had to.

`Weevil does not approve (-1)

Edited by Weevil
  • Agree 2
12 hours ago, Ruzom said:

There are no naval to begin with. Thus this report was made. ITS D E A D

Sir, Do we need to even discuss your server activity lately? If it's dead then you are decomposing. 

Thanks, 
Head Commander Longshot/CBlake of the 212th Attack Battalion 

Edited by CBlake
typo
  • Agree 4

Hey people, have you heard a thing called work and dedication? Hmm, that's what it takes to get to Naval. If there are issues contact Freck or some of the higher Naval. Remember, communication is key.

-BCMD Neyo/ Buzz Thorison

• Agree 3

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

Ok going to put my two cents in:

As I see it, tryouts/trials for any battalion, jedi order, naval, and senators is on the person running that program to decide the ease or difficulty of it. 

If the person, in this case Freck, decides that he needs more numbers, he can make the standard easier.

I do not understand why some of you guys think requiring someone to make their tryouts EASIER has any real sway.

It would be like anyone else saying, oh becoming a knight is too hard.. booo hoooo, I want to be a knight, I paid to be a jedi; I have tried to make it for like 3 months, make it easier, or give me the rank and let me grow into it.  

If we were talking about another battalion being forced to change their tryouts because the rest of the server thought it was TOO HARD, well frankly FUCK OFF, it is the BCMD to decide how easy or hard it is. Same as Yoda for Jedi, Palp for Senators etc.

• Agree 3
16 minutes ago, Oxen said:

Ok going to put my two cents in:

As I see it, tryouts/trials for any battalion, jedi order, naval, and senators is on the person running that program to decide the ease or difficulty of it. 

If the person, in this case Freck, decides that he needs more numbers, he can make the standard easier.

I do not understand why some of you guys think requiring someone to make their tryouts EASIER has any real sway.

It would be like anyone else saying, oh becoming a knight is too hard.. booo hoooo, I want to be a knight, I paid to be a jedi; I have tried to make it for like 3 months, make it easier, or give me the rank and let me grow into it.  

If we were talking about another battalion being forced to change their tryouts because the rest of the server thought it was TOO HARD, well frankly FUCK OFF, it is the BCMD to decide how easy or hard it is. Same as Yoda for Jedi, Palp for Senators etc.

Well spoken Oxen. If someone comes in and expects a tryout to be up to their expectations, they can fuck off. You’re not trying out to meet your expectations, you’re trying out to meet the expectations of the admiral/BCMD/etc. and if you can’t meet their expectations and pass their tryouts, then you fail. Simple as that. I’ve failed on faces in Naval and RC/NULL tryouts. Happens to everyone. Just suck it up.

Edited by Ryx

The tryouts will be changing to fit all. We will be removing the concept of the black box and basically have it so you know what a front face is (there will be no cover) meaning people should be able to feel more confident in trying out.

British

12 hours ago, Ruzom said:

Have you seen how autistic majority of younglings are? Would you really want Naval to be like that? I sure wouldn't, that would be complete aids.

• Agree 2
Just now, Vires said:

Have you seen how autistic majority of younglings are? Would you really want Naval to be like that? I sure wouldn't, that would be complete aids.

so help me god, the next autistic youngling i deal with is going to make me kill myself.

WAS MEDIC

@Sir Freck

1. Have tried talking to you about this issue before.

2. Others I know have tried talking to you about this before.

3. Talk to me in TS when you can. I still love you.

4. @Oxen As a director you are not supposed to comment on stuff you decide.  You are supposed to stay neutral and look at all the facts. 

5. @Zim This is the goal I was hoping to achieve, I hereby void this report. Please Close and move it to completed reports.

Edited by Dragon
  • Disagree 2
14 hours ago, Faoeoa said:

Solid agree, though I think this should just be a serious attitude change within Naval than a serious removal - Max's Naval succeeded despite the smaller manpower because Max nolifed the shit out of naval and made sure he was promoting battalion relations and doing stuff - Medical/Engineer training was constant.

I love Freck to death but Dragon is right

+1.

(side-note I've +1'd every single commander report on an Eastern Commander that I've posted on, so I'd like to apologize to all of the British and Euro boys I've shit on <3)

Then again at the time RM wasn't a thing. RM took most if not all of the things Naval would be able to do medical wise and about engineer training, you remember what happened to 38th right? I think Naval are doing good by adapting to move to a more flight ops and general ship crew section. I don't believe that it is fair to compare them when the situations they had to deal with is completly different due to some major aspects being removed from Naval.

@Dragon  As a player and NOT AN INACTIVE ONE, I have my opinions and can comment on them as I see fit. I did not add as a DIRECTOR I am going to do this or that. Again I stated my opinion as a Battalion commander and I noticed you did not refute what I said.

That being said, it is up to Freck as he already stated to make changes. Good luck to you all in getting into Naval for those interested.

• Agree 4

Not gonna lie, seeing the amount of pages and posts the were on this thread made me rock hard. Knowing that there was going to be so much dumb shit and complaining made me just want to jerk one off right there. 

For real though, I’ve failed Naval tryouts like 5 or 6 times now and all I can say is, I’ve failed on faces for all of them because I’m fucking retarded.

- Nejuani / UrMumGay CMD

10 minutes ago, Oxen said:

@Dragon  As a player and NOT AN INACTIVE ONE, I have my opinions and can comment on them as I see fit. I did not add as a DIRECTOR I am going to do this or that. Again I stated my opinion as a Battalion commander and I noticed you did not refute what I said.

That being said, it is up to Freck as he already stated to make changes. Good luck to you all in getting into Naval for those interested.

Jesus Christ who left the grill on? I can smell the roast.

Edited by Medic
  • Agree 4

WAS MEDIC

43 minutes ago, Vires said:

Then again at the time RM wasn't a thing. RM took most if not all of the things Naval would be able to do medical wise and about engineer training, you remember what happened to 38th right? I think Naval are doing good by adapting to move to a more flight ops and general ship crew section. I don't believe that it is fair to compare them when the situations they had to deal with is completly different due to some major aspects being removed from Naval.

I've noticed Naval has started making more people medical - I don't think that clones being dedicated medics or engineers should instantly invalidate the Naval - being an SMB (now WO) in 38th I can tell you I did understand my dude.

Granted, you raise a really good point - Naval being closer to bridge crew and flight ops is infinitely better than having them slave over Engineer and Medical roleplay, honestly; though maybe it's just me that wants a weird amalgation of RM and 38th in a single battalion as 'Republic Auxillary Corps' or something.