Whats so bad about Null/RC tryotus

Cipher

Okay everyone Null and Rc have noticed something very worrying. we  are reaching record highs for tryout rounds. Everyone keeps failing the first tests (Faces, Formations, Trigger discipline.) and those that even pass end up failing at rp or pvp. .So I have to ask guys whats wrong or whats going on because we really want people in these spots but no one seems able to step up to the challenge?

• Agree 1
Banned

they're all pussies

• Coordinator
Coordinator
2 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

I'll try and attend one of these so I can find out what the issue is. My general guess, and I really mean guess, it probably isn't fun. I'll find out for sure, however. Lmk when the next tryouts are. 

Tbh the faces exepect one arent that hard im just confused if it were rp it would make more sense buts its literally faces  and they are trying out for a spot only they can have so it really isnt suppose to be fun 

Edited by woeny23
  • Coordinator
Coordinator
Just now, Core said:

I think they're all fine, just people don't know how to properly do faces and formations. Trigger discipline is different same with PVP/PVE that takes skill and coordination with yourself.

I agree pvp/pve we could change cause we may grade to hard but people dont even get that far

For me I was never properly trained for TECH or EOD because the RC who did it went blazing fast and never gave me the chance to jott everything down. Everything else is fine. Trigger discipline is good, faces and formations are good, pvp and pve is good, just the RP is what fucks me over. 

27 minutes ago, Cipher said:

Null/RC tryouts aren't supposed to be fun the real fun is when you get into the squad

Bingo then, I don't even need to tryout. It needs to be fun, or else people won't be fucked to continue on. I haven't played actively in a while, but I remember back in my day when RC tryouts and even punishment RC PT was fun because it was supposed to be. This was in the golden age, but the original tryouts really were fun. Kinda cut back on the hard-ass-ness, make it fun. It's a game. 

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

• Coordinator
Coordinator
1 minute ago, Fizzik said:

Bingo then, I don't even need to tryout. It needs to be fun, or else people won't be fucked to continue on. I haven't played actively in a while, but I remember back in my day when RC tryouts and even punishment RC PT was fun because it was supposed to be. This was in the golden age, but the original tryouts really were fun. Kinda cut back on the hard-ass-ness, make it fun. It's a game. 

Its hard to make things fun when  people cant get past faces idk how to make faces fun

• Agree 1
  • Retired Founder

ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴛᴏᴛᴀʟʟʏ ᴀᴘᴘʟʏ ғᴏʀ ɴᴜʟʟ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴄᴜɴᴛ, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʀᴏᴀsᴛɪɴɢ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ɪs ᴍʏ ғᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ᴘᴀss ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴀᴍ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴀᴛ. ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴛ, ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴀs ɴᴜʟʟ ʟᴏʀᴇ ɪs sᴏʟɪᴅ.

ʙᴜᴛ ᴊᴇsᴜs ғᴜᴄᴋ, ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴄʜᴀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ғᴜᴄᴋ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴄᴇs.

There's no problem. The tryouts are like a hard boss on a game. At first you get caught off guard and suck. Then as you keep trying you start mastering the different stages until you finally make it to the end and beat it. Not saying they are insanely hard but it just tricks you up a lot.

• Agree 1
  • Coordinator
Coordinator
12 minutes ago, Rush Cat said:

There's no problem. The tryouts are like a hard boss on a game. At first you get caught off guard and suck. Then as you keep trying you start mastering the different stages until you finally make it to the end and beat it. Not saying they are insanely hard but it just tricks you up a lot.

shouldny take 40+ rounds for people to pick it up thought :D

• Coordinator
Coordinator
Just now, Fizzik said:

Maybe by being less of an asshole?

I mean i myself dont think im an asshole in tryouts until now cause of this issue but i dont see how the makes its fun most people still are worried coming in about failing

40 minutes ago, woeny23 said:

I mean i myself dont think im an asshole in tryouts until now cause of this issue but i dont see how the makes its fun most people still are worried coming in about failing

I mean in Roleplay. 

These squads are meant for the best of the best, people who don't just accept failure and will put in the hours to make themselves better so that they may pass one day. When I first tried out for RC in the age of RedHawk and Hydra, tryouts were much harder than they were now, and look at the people it generated from their legacy. It took me 2 attempts the first time, then when I went on LOA for a while, it took me 3 to get back, and I kept working my way up. Then with Alistair, it took me one try because I wasn't fucking retarded.

• Agree 4
  • Coordinator
Coordinator
21 minutes ago, Chris said:

These squads are meant for the best of the best, people who don't just accept failure and will put in the hours to make themselves better so that they may pass one day. When I first tried out for RC in the age of RedHawk and Hydra, tryouts were much harder than they were now, and look at the people it generated from their legacy. It took me 2 attempts the first time, then when I went on LOA for a while, it took me 3 to get back, and I kept working my way up. Then with Alistair, it took me one try because I wasn't fucking retarded.

True just tilting when it takes 40+

The tryouts are not meant to be fun, they are meant to be hard. The real fun is when you get in, a sense of achievement after passing the hardest tryouts on the server, as for the attitude after you are in, Yes NULL were assholes in lore but there has to be a balance, just don't let it get to your head.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

its because people are fucking retarded and dont take their time... they rush what they are doing and fuck up... literally take my advice i passed RC tryouts 4 different times 4 different tryouts... take your god damn time with what your doing whether it be parkour faces or trigger discipline your not expected to be sonic fucking fast to do them your expected to know them and do them properly its not a race how fast you can finish i may be autistic at times but im not fucking retarded

Edited by Fido™
1 hour ago, Fido™ said:

its because people are fucking retarded and dont take their time... they rush what they are doing and fuck up... literally take my advice i passed RC tryouts 4 different times 4 different tryouts... take your god damn time with what your doing whether it be parkour faces or trigger discipline your not expected to be sonic fucking fast to do them your expected to know them and do them properly its not a race how fast you can finish i may be autistic at times but im not fucking retarded

Real talk if Arb (who lost his vocal cords and 15% of his brain, leaving him mentally disabled in Iraq) can pass RC tryouts several times despite having the brain capacity of my left testicle anyone can pass them assuming they actually understand what the role does

I'm sick of heating about null haha.

But let's be serious though, null tryouts are supposed to be hard and strict as they are one of the most elite units there is! 

If people moan about not passing then they should either learn more about null or they should consider a different battalion because maybe null isn't for you.

Null is doing just fine in my eyes.

49 minutes ago, Faoeoa said:

Real talk if Arb (who lost his vocal cords and 15% of his brain, leaving him mentally disabled in Iraq) can pass RC tryouts several times despite having the brain capacity of my left testicle anyone can pass them assuming they actually understand what the role does

ye ok but arb wasnt retarded and arb didnt lose his vocal chords last time i remembered he talked occasionally but he still wasnt retarded like many other people

24 minutes ago, Fido™ said:

ye ok but arb wasnt retarded and arb didnt lose his vocal chords last time i remembered he talked occasionally but he still wasnt retarded like many other people

IT'S A MEME

Let me express my experience because I believe when I first joined the server I was in a null and RC tryout they were in the same day, First off in response RC were assholes on Icefuse let me just establish that, but I think you guys take that to a new level, and it is not being a pussy and can't take it, to be honest I cringed a lot. When you have the whole server come by and say you aren't going to pass it is kind of annoying at that point. As far as the actual tryouts I can't speak for Null as I got out when my game lagged (I moved a bit) on faces. However the RC tryout they killed me for looking weirdly when I was front facing (Like off to the side), Now Personally if I was and didn't fix it I wouldn't have a problem with it; However when I sit there and I look like I am front faced on my screen and still get killed and he someone say "Square the fuck up" it is a bit unappealing. Finally that was all I can say so far, but Something I can say for why people don't show up, that might be an easy question they might already be content in their own battalion, like I am in the RM. I hope maybe I helped you a bit, if I didn't then I Apologize.

Edit: I will say though the idea of doing the tryouts are appealing, I am always tempted, but I don't want to leave RM ;-;

Also didn't put this in my main text when I typed it, but don't make tryouts fun, yeah it's a game, but it's tryouts. You can have fun in the battalion.

Edited by Nyon
  • Agree 1
9 hours ago, Korm said:

We have a right to be assholes about our RP.

@Joaheven said so.

I mean, you guys are asking for ideas. I'm throwing ideas out there and you're refuting them, maybe you're a little too entitled to your "right to be an asshole"? 

First, about the whole being-a-dick RP thing, that's perfectly fine because it's character 

However, it has conquences. It makes your PR, especially towards new players, awful. I've heard plenty of "I'd go to Null tryouts but they're just a bunch of dicks. They're probably all cutthroat with each other" (Not an exact quote but something along those lines)

Which isn't true. But the time they establish connections to realise that isn't true, they're already a high rank, and are generally reluctant to leave their battalion 

Some have a bit of a different problem. They just don't quite have time 

What will happen, is some get caught on one part- the further it is, the worse it is, because in order try again,they have to make their way through the whole tryouts again(which is just long) + the time waiting for the next round. So about an hour-ish between attempts. We only have so much time in a day. So it's not hard per se, as much as it is tedious. And if it's not fun to redo, they aren't going to redo for long, because it's a video game and they play to have fun

Though I have no idea why people fail faces consistently. I understand fucking up once or twice but come on. It's really not that hard.

Edited by Captin_Blackfire
17 hours ago, chhing said:

For me I was never properly trained for TECH or EOD because the RC who did it went blazing fast and never gave me the chance to jott everything down. Everything else is fine. Trigger discipline is good, faces and formations are good, pvp and pve is good, just the RP is what fucks me over. 

@chhing Galactic Marines has been conducting open Basic EOD to all hands over the past 3 weeks and will continue nearly nightly with that.

Basic TECH will be completed this weekend and should start next week to all hands also.

Advanced EOD and TECH will follow and should be ready by the end of the month. So Null/RC tryouts with that aspect should be a cake walk.

the reason is that most people are taught the super nit picky things now dont get me wrong this isnt on null or rc its on the tr program and battalions is see people failing constantly over faces and formations and less on trigger discipline. its due to you guys knowing the little things and the server not informing them on its importance. but it has to change on one side or the other and i know rc and null tryouts havent changed i always attend knowing ill fail but that says something im a cpt and i still cant get it i had commanders who couldnt get it because it wasnt stressed to them and noone uses formations on the server which makes the proccess harder honestly your best bet is to go through the initial training and just practice trigger discipline and repeat these till you can do it with out thinking

the tryouts aren't a problem, its the people that tryout, i know majority of the server that attends these NULL/RC tryouts get nervous as fuck and it eventually gets to them and then they end up failing. When I first came to the server back on august, it took me 2 tries to pass Fixer, you just need to let the being nervous go and people can pass, tbh I think its because all the people that know how RC/NULL tryouts work, already were RC/are current RC, so the people thats currently trying out don't know what the fuck they're doing. 

And now I'll float back to my cave and go play other games

• Agree 2

Heres my suggestion: dont include anything in the tryout that you dont do when in actual pvp.  Dont do extroadinary faces like LLLLLLLLLLLLL or something, cause you wont have to come over a scenario requiring for you to do that in actual combat.  The best tryouts only consist of skills that will actually be used once your in null/rc.  In an event, no one is going to be like: "alright guys  LALRLRLALFLFLRALFLL". Even if it is a "retard test", someone may be a god at pvp and roleplay, but not good at faces, because faces are literally never used for anything but tryouts.  Also, dont include formations you dont actually do in events.  make EVERYTHING practical.  Since when in an event will you have to form a single file line in 3 seconds or less?  The only formations that require speed are combat formations, not columns nor double columns.  And even then, im nearly certain that null dont even use formations AT ALL during events.  The only time ive seen anyone use any type of formations is when theres a big ass battallion and they set up a firing line in MHB.  Since faces are nearly never used in events, then it wouldnt make sense to fail everyone on it, cause they wont even need to do faces in combat once they pass.  You might argue "we do faces to narrow down the options so that the pvp and rp doesnt take 10 years", well then just come up with a different tryout section, that can narrow out the people easily, and wont take long, AND is PRACTICAL to what null actually does during events.  My point is, only include sections in the tryouts that are actually PRACTICAL, anything that is in the tryouts, and never used once you pass tryouts, is a complete waste of time, and extremely impractical.  Doing this will allow you to make tryouts shorter, more people will be able to pass, and only the best in what null/rc actually does during events will pass.  No one will consider you "elite" if all you can do is move your mouse in accordance to the letters "L,R,A, and F" on a screen. Unless you can implement a practical use of faces in combat, then there is no point to have them in tryouts.

Keep in mind, its not limited to only what null/rc do during events, but just what they do in general.  This includes but not limited to: roleplay, combat, speed, agility, reaction time, critical thinking, etc.

When i used these techniques in 2017 when i was making tryouts for Lightning Squad (of 91st), lightning squad got good really fast, better than null (in some cases), we had a 2v5, the team of 2 was 2 people in lightning, the team of 5 was 2 people in null, and 3 peple from other batts.  The lightning squad team of 2 won the match.

Edited by Dadd

Honestly it took me 8 tries to get darman, but when I started I went for Atin and switched half way through. The faces where honestly the hardest part but got easier after I learned some of the little tricks. RP was easy PVP was fun and in the end everything I learned while going to tryouts helped.

Also, I understand that they pretend to be assholes (some of them don't  *cough*) but once I got in it was like a family... Jokes, laughs, calling one another stupid ass names.. It's worth the days I spent reading books about them or when I almost broke my vocal cords trying to act like smokes. 

.. long story short It was fun and worth every second and I hope I can live up to the name of Republic Commando.

I just tried out and maybe informing the user more about what they should be doing instead of not telling them anything and failing them cause they didn't know. 

For instance, someone doesn't use their mic cause they were never told they had to and they don't use it and you fail them.

Not salting, just giving some feedback.

On 1/14/2018 at 1:31 PM, chhing said:

I just tried out and maybe informing the user more about what they should be doing instead of not telling them anything and failing them cause they didn't know. 

For instance, someone doesn't use their mic cause they were never told they had to and they don't use it and you fail them.

Pffffft haha.

Well, that's some quality irony.

Edited by Captin_Blackfire
  • Coordinator
Coordinator
On 1/14/2018 at 2:31 PM, chhing said:

To be fair we do say its based on your comms and strats that kinda implies that tbh

for RC in paticular for me. I fuck up on the trigger disipline, it varies honestly for me. Sometimes I loose in the first 10 bullets or the last. Null I failed on the pvp 1 or twice but I have gotten to the RP 2 times and failed on lore. Granted I've played for 2 years now and I have literally everything ingraved into my head at this point. I dont think anything themselves is wrong with the tryouts, I just think its the players.

19 hours ago, woeny23 said:

To be fair we do say its based on your comms and strats that kinda implies that tbh

But they never told me tho. Like not even tell me it was based on comms. Cause nearly half the time, we were waiting for someone to get on to do the part. 

Edited by chhing
6 hours ago, chhing said:

But they never told me tho. Like not even tell me it was based on comms. Cause nearly half the time, we were waiting for someone to get on to do the part. 

That was my bad, but you know... Try again. You've got what it takes.

15 hours ago, chhing said:

Are we now supposed to tell you what you need to do to pass? If it's the leadership portion I'd expect it to be obvious that communication is needed to communicate to others, be it with a mic or typed. Also A'den and Trace are open.

Edited by Vires
8 hours ago, Vires said:

Are we now supposed to tell you what you need to do to pass? If it's the leadership portion I'd expect it to be obvious that communication is needed to communicate to others, be it with a mic or typed. Also A'den and Trace are open.

I think you're getting the wrong point here, all I said was to better inform the applicant. If you feel as if you want to get all aggressive about it you can. I did communicate by typing and still failed so I mean, your point is invaild. 

45 minutes ago, chhing said:

I think you're getting the wrong point here, all I said was to better inform the applicant. If you feel as if you want to get all aggressive about it you can. I did communicate by typing and still failed so I mean, your point is invaild. 

Not to start an argument and derail this post but how exactly is it invalid? I wasn't at your tryout so I can't be exactly sure as to why you fail, it could've been a number of things. Regardless there should be no reason why we should take it easy on the canidates to one of the hardest tryouts on the server.

10 hours ago, Vires said:

Not to start an argument and derail this post but how exactly is it invalid? I wasn't at your tryout so I can't be exactly sure as to why you fail, it could've been a number of things. Regardless there should be no reason why we should take it easy on the canidates to one of the hardest tryouts on the server.

No Korm told me Kal gave him orders to fail me cause I didn't use it. Like I said, not salt, just pointing it out.

• 4 weeks later...