[Accepted] Pot's - Ban Appel

Coal

Name: Pot
Steam ID: 76561198275969072
Ban Reason: MRDM
Date of Ban: 10/20/2023
Length of Ban: 5 Days
Staff Member(s) Involved: Kaiser
Reason(s) why we should accept your appeal: It was cleary was a accident, I wasn't aiming at any trooper I thought It would go over people.
Evidence to support your claims: 
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1zBcV4IAJoe15o/d1337Vq8inzY?invite=cr-MSxDTTQsMTgwMjQ3ODcs

It is difficult to remain unbiased in this since I am also in the 104th with you and you were talking about the incident itself and talking about the process of writing your appeal, but I will give my honest thoughts on the matter based on the clip itself.

Even though this was an accident, I do believe you should be a bit smarter with an explosive weapon such as the Ion Disruptor. You were in the middle of a huge group of people with people running/flying in front of you constantly, you should try to be aware of your surroundings more with that. I accidentally killed people during the event, however not to this extreme, and that was mostly due to the AOE of where it landed, not because I was shooting next to people or right over several peoples' shoulders. As you can see in the clip, a 212th even runs right through your line of fire a very small time before you shot, this was not a smart place to shoot from.

Because of this, I do not believe a full 5 day ban is in order for this, so perhaps a reduction would be the best course of action. The lack of much effort into this appeal also make it harder to +1, and lack of taking any responsibility makes it even more difficult. If I was in another battalion I would -1 a full unban with a +1 for a reduction, so I am forced to be fair here and do the same.

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Banned

Being an ARC trooper you have to have better trigger discipline. 

• Agree 3

r4ymo.gif

Considering this was the frame he saw when he shot
image.png?ex=654596c0&is=653321c0&hm=363
I'll +1. It's the fault of the person who gave you the gun anyways on such a tight map. 

This gun has a fucked hit box and honestly while it shouldn't have been used here, you did nothing wrong intentionally, and there isn't even a trigger discipline issue here. it hit a hitbox on the railing in front of you. 

+1

• Disagree 2
  • Dumb 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

So here is the thing with an ion disrupter. It has an AOE hitbox even when TRAVELING to the point. Which it something not a lot of people think about since the RPS and PLX doesnt have an AOE hitbox.

I dont know how you got an ion disruptor, but this is why it shouldnt really be spawned in casually. Imma +1 this as I know the pain first hand of the AOE Travel Effect. You know it has it now, and I doubt you'll make the same mistake twice.

• Informative 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

I dont know how you got an ion disruptor, but this is why it shouldnt really be spawned in casually.

Was "found" in a box during event, most of 104th got them.

Edited by Keegan

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

The Classic staff argument is always how to handle accidents in most situations.

PERSONALLY, I think it should just be reduced, you should be weary of what a gun is, and be more careful,  regardless of dogshit hitbox it's not hard to be more cautious when you're carrying a weapon like that.

But then I think if a CT did this would they have had the same ban as more "established players"? Just food for thought, personally I'm gonna vote in favor of just a reduction but I think this is interesting to think about.

+1

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

+1 I feel like this should have been like a 1 day ban, because it was clearly an accident and that he was not familiar with the weapons hitbox.

Formerly: 104th BCMD Wolffe, Wolfpack Warthog, WPXO, Dire Squad Tracer, 104th REGL, 104th CMD, 104th SUPL, 104th SUPO, Senior Admin

Ghost                    Elijah                 Hamm       

spacer.png   

• Management
Management

Congratulations! Your ban appeal has been ACCEPTED.
You may be contacted by a Director+ to discuss your return.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO BAN APPEALS - ACCEPTED

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk