Joyboy

Steam Name: Joyboy

RP Name: 501st CMD Joyboy

RP Rank: CMD

Steam ID: 76561198799744459

Battalion you are applying for: 501st BCMD Rex

Experience:

212th Attack Battalion: PVT-SGM

When I first joined the server about a year ago, I decided to join the 212th. It was my first time playing and I really learned a lot about how the server worked. As I got closer to the Officer core, I learned a lot about how to be a leader. During my time I joined the 2nd Airborne Company which was extremely daunting at the time since it was my first tryout for a subunit. Sadly, during my time in the battalion a hurricane came through and my PC ended up completely fried and I had to leave the server not of my own accord.

501st Legion: PVT-CMD

When I came back, I had some very defined goals in mind since I had some previous server experience. I wanted to become my favorite clone from the show and after about a week in the battalion I achieved this goal and took up the name of Kix. During my time as a Sergeant, I worked extremely hard to get the 501st back on its feet, even earning myself Trooper of the Month for the month of June. Not long after this I became TCO for Torrent Company and worked to bring more people into TC, then after this I began working closely with Zeros to revamp the tryout for TC and bring it to a better standard, my work with this would allow me to get the opportunity to become TCC Appo. My biggest goal with Appo was to keep TC on it’s feet and make sure that people were Roleplaying the character properly. I learned a lot from being TCO and TCC, it was great learning experience to manage a subunit. Upon getting Commander I decided to step away from Appo and TC, as I wanted to be able to open the position for someone new and let them get the experience under their belt as well.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

I believe that I would make a good Battalion Commander due to my dedication to the 501st. I think that I can see the issues that the battalion has faced since I joined and be able to come up with solutions to these issues. I also am good with taking criticism and listening to other people who may have a better idea at tackling these issues. I think being able to take in people’s suggestions is one of the best qualities of a leader, knowing that you may not always be right and knowing that you need another opinion. On top of that, I have good relations with everyone in the battalion and in general feel like I’m a likeable person. I think that having a good relationship with the members of your battalion is one of if not the most important thing to have in a leader, if the people you're leading don't like and respect you how can you expect them to listen to your commands. This ties into my approachability, I'm very approachable and listen to people's concerns to help them where I can. If you aren't approachable, no one will come to you with concerns, and then you may never know that something was ever wrong. I talk about this more later but one thing I always do is lead by example, I won't ever expect you to do something if I wouldn't also put in the same amount of effort, for example trainings when I became an Officer I didn't just stop doing trainings because I wouldn't expect the NCOs to take the time to host EOD or SIMs if I'm not also willing to. 

Availability

24/7 on Discord and I’m usually in game starting at 2pm EST

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:

Around 6 months and I’m at 970 hours currently.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term?:

I’m currently very pleased with where we are a battalion, but that’s not to say there aren’t things we can improve on!

Torrent Company: I think TC is in a very good position right now. Currently Tup, Kano and Hawk are open positions that I would like to see filled eventually. The only thing I would like to see from TC right now is more trainings as a company, which we started working on during my time as Appo. I would like to see a full TC by the end of my term, but I know that with Tup and Dogma being base troopers this can be a difficult hurdle due to most players wanting to be in a regiment, but I think there are ways to work around it. Something I considered while I was Appo that I never put into place was using Tup and Dogma as what I imagine unnamed slots being used for, which is to start off in and then after some time move them to the character in the regiment they desire. I mainly never put this into place because I wanted to prioritize filling the regiment positions with strong members from each regiment before putting something like that into place.

332nd Company: I’m also very happy with the position that 332nd is in right now, for a while they were a completely full subunit, and I would like to see them get to that point again. Currently the only issue I see is their activity has declined, but there are ways to help them out with this. Again, it goes back to getting company specific trainings rolling which will hopefully help promote activity and make it feel like a tight nit group, like how we felt in TC. I’ve talked with the current Vaughn, he is very pleased with where 332nd is and doesn’t really plan on changing much outside of pushing for more slots to be added.

Officer Core: I’m very pleased with the current strength of the Officer Core. We have a lot of strong Officers that are extremely active as well, which is a huge plus. I think Zeros has left us in a really good position on the Officer front. The only thing I would like to see from the Officers is them leading by example, currently once people get to Officer, they stop hosting trainings, and while that should primarily be an NCOs job, I can understand the position of an NCO looking at a WO who doesn’t do even 1 EOD training and not wanting to put in the effort. I would want to make sure that there is a difference between the ranks since right now every rank just feels like it’s the same responsibilities, but you go up one. Due to the battalion having a strong Officer Core, I would be putting a halt on 1-1 transfers into the Officer team, the highest that I would be allowing someone to transfer in at would be SGM. If they show the qualities that we’re looking for in our Officer team then they can get promoted to WO and start the journey again so they can gain an understanding of the way we function as a Battalion.

-Warrant Officer, I would like to keep Warrant Officer the way it is now which is a 3 week trial period to determine if they are fit for the Officer Core. During this trial period, it would be more about learning how to be an Officer and stepping up to learn different situations, instead of being thrust into the rank with only a training document and a talk.

Junior Officer, as of right now our Junior Officers are Lieutenant and Captain which I think works very well. These ranks should be the ones who step up and mentor the Warrant Officers on how to handle different situations. For example, situations regarding NCOs a Lieutenant would be the ones handling the situation or keeping a watchful eye over the Warrant Officer as they handle the situation and if a Lieutenant is unavailable then a Captain should step up to handle it. Captain would be primarily responsible for handling situations regarding Warrant Officers.

Senior Officer, right now Major is the only rank in our Senior Officer and this works unless more Officer ranks are added later down the line. I would want the Majors to oversee managing the Junior Officers and start learning about how things work on the backend of the battalion to prepare them for a potential time as Commander. This rank would also be in charge of situations regarding the Junior Officers, again I go back to the potential arrest of but this would also be if someone in the NCO or WO make a report of an issue within the Junior Officer core.

NCO Core: Right now, we have a big issue with NCOs being that a bunch of people are winding up getting semi ranked locked at SGM due to us not having the space for more WO. I plan to resolve this by slowing down their promotions, I don’t necessarily want to bring back quotas because I feel like that’s a bar people end up getting to and just stopping, it would be more based on overall activity and if they’re willing to go the extra mile. If we ask the NCOs who wants to take an event lead for example, and the same person is eager to jump up and try to lead consistently and is hosting trainings consistently then they’ll be more likely to get promoted than someone who does the bare minimum. These are all things I’ve already started applying so from here it’s more just making sure that there is a standard set for all the Officers to follow when doing promotions.

Jedi: As of right now we’re in about the same position with Jedi that we were in when Zeros started his term. We don’t have an Ahsoka currently which I would really like to see filled as soon as possible, but I also want to make sure that the person is dedicating their time to the 501st and not holding up such an important position. The biggest change I would want to see is more promotion of our Battalion in the Jedi Discord, since right now there is next to none.

Player Retention: For a while our activity was amazing, we had days where our battalion would fill the entire screen when you hit tab and scrolled to 501st. Currently, we’re back to only having 5-6 people on at the max which is super sad to see, but I think this really started when we made the big push for battalion of the month. I know a lot of the officer core struggled with burnout and I think the battalion suffered greatly for this. The only real way to combat this is to make sure that we are consistently keeping up with trainings instead of making a huge push at the end of the month.

Roleplay: I’m very happy with the way that the battalion has been handling roleplay, even one of our medics started up his own special project purely for the RP. I would like to see more situations like this from the Regiments and am currently working on some ideas for promoting RP within the different regiments, which I will start regardless of whether I get BCMD. I think on the subunit front they do a very good job of doing their roleplay, I especially know for TC that one of the big things we look for is people act as the character would consistently.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes, I understand

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:

Yes, I understand

Veteran Admin

+1 This guy has shocked us all in 501st by not only the work he has put in but the way he does it. Always a good guy to be around and I think he would make a great Rex.

• Pay Respect 1

Not my #1 pick, but if you do get the position im sure youre more than capable of keeping 501st going.

+1

• Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Head Admin
1 hour ago, Joyboy said:

The only real way to combat this is to make sure that we are consistently keeping up with trainings instead of making a huge push at the end of the month.

I like this. I hope you lead 501st to a good place in terms of RP and server interaction. +1

• Friendly 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

GM Leadership

You are a nice member of this community in general. Only had good interactions with you. I also know how dedicated you are to the 501st.. +1

• Friendly 1

Former:
Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager
CMD Alpha 17  | BCMD Gree 

This man has been very  dedicated, I just left to 104th and I was just within the 501st officer core, after working with him for months I believe he has the motivation and dedication to lead the 501st as our future rex. +1

• Friendly 1

spacer.png     

Current: 501st Ajax

Former: TC REGL Kano, TC REGA Dogma, TC Hardcase TC REGL Tup      41st Clanky,   41st Cooker WP REGL Sinker WP Mortar 332ndO Ross 332ndO Gunner

Veteran Admin

+1

You got this broski! Good luck brotha!

• Friendly 1

Current: 501st Commander | TC Kano | Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager | Quest Master TRO
Former: 332nd Captain Vaughn (x2) | Torrent Company Commander Appo | 501st Regimental Advisor | 332nd Officer Vyse (x3) | TC Officer Kano | TC Officer Tup | TC Dogma

96e1f283745a8d13665184e2f4d1c2c787303b42
IM BATMAN

Veteran Admin

+1 this is the guy we need 

• Friendly 1

Let me tell you about my first ever interaction with joyboy here he was a SFC about a month ago MEDL and kix i was HVYO in the 41st i decide fuck it imma fuck with him it turns the complete opposite away around he shows me med rp can be fucking hillarious we end up stealing a few kidneys this man is a leader through and through i mean look at him in a month he went from SFC to CMD this is a massive +1 he does great work for the 501st already

• Winner 1

spacer.png

+1 You’re always around doing stuff with the 501st which is great. Just try not to break PTS ;)

• Friendly 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1 

• Friendly 1

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Management

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

You will be contacted by a Director or relevant High Command for your denial reason.

You may apply for another commander positions after 30 DAYS from this post.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk