[Denied] Arroyo's Ban Appeal

Arroyo

Name: Arroyo
Steam ID:  76561198013586253 
Ban Reason: MRDM
Date of Ban: 5/17/23
Length of Ban: 5 days
Staff Member(s) Involved: Kaiser |  Ollie 
Reason(s) why we should accept your appeal:  During this situation, in the Coruscant Guard teamspeak I was joking around with another member in which they said I will get paid 3 mil to shoot the rocket. I was not going to actually shoot the rocket but I just pointed it at the floor and later swapped over to my hands in which the same time it shot the rocket as I swapped over to my hands.  In the sit I tried to explain that I swapped over to my hands and it was not my intention to shoot.  However, I was told that it was still my fault and not a server glitch.  In the own video, you can see that the rps gets holstered as it shoots simultaneously (timestamp 0:15).  I honestly do not know what else to say except that this was not an intentional mass rdm and instead something that should not have even happened.

Evidence to support your claims: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/19M8N1UmEZ0Tew/vQiUPDlv5zx3?invite=cr-MSxjeWMsMTg0NDIyNTY2LA

• Pay Respect 1
  • Management

I'll let the community vote and give any feedback they wish but I want to state something that's bugged me for a long time now with HVO and it's quite simple actually:

Zd0nUmEHa_avatar-ZyLnBIjvw.jpg

Too many people get this job and fuck around with it until they eventually slip up and find out. The rocket launcher isn't something to joke around with. It kills people. Too many HVOs just pull it out as a stupid joke 90% of the time or just simply walk around with it out for no reason. The only time an HVO should have their rocket launcher out is when they are going to use it on a vehicle or a large group of enemies. To me personally this has always been something that I thought would just fall under the 'Common Sense' rule but that hasn't been the case so it's sadly something that's probably going to have to end up a specific written rule over this.

Your decision to pull a rocket launcher out in the middle of a large group preparing for an event is on YOU. Not the server. You made the conscious decision to pull a weapon out that very easily killed upwards to 25 people for an extremely silly joke. I'm not just harping on you Arroyo about this every HVO is guilty to making these goofy jokes but it has to come to an end very soon.

Anyways everyone is free to vote or give feedback on the appeal. We'll try to have it sorted and contact you about it hopefully by tomorrow evening or Friday.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 3
  • Pay Respect 1
  • Dumb 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

3 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Your decision to pull a rocket launcher out in the middle of a large group preparing for an event is on YOU. Not the server. You made the conscious decision to pull a weapon out that very easily killed upwards to 25 people for an extremely silly joke. 

Summed up very nicely

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

sse.png.7f1ef70b99f7958aa48560ca3d0a1aa0

Ngl. Like Marvel said you fucked around and found out.

While i sympathize with the accidental MRDM It is still your fault for playing around. Now you'll know not to mess around with the RPS. 

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

-1, CG needs to be held to the same standard as everyone else

Edited by Fishy
changed mind
  • Agree 1
  • Confused 1
  • Dumb 1

Current - Six-Ten

Longshot - Peel - GCO - GC - SupL - ArfL - HVYL - Oddball - Waxer - Boil

-1 I agree with Marvel in the sense even if it's a joke or not you still pulled out the RPS-6 and fired it. 

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

+1 - Everyone needs to wake up and realise CG's job is difficult, accidents happen, grow up :D
Any other battalion that this could've happened to wouldn't have been disrespected or "held to a higher standard", they would be flooded with +1's. 

Edited by luci4
Had more things to inform people about.
  • Confused 2
  • Dumb 6
GM Leadership

-1 yall bringing battalion into this when it doesn't matter. Rules are rules everyone is expected to obey them.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Dumb 1

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

• Management

I don't know why CG was brought into this post as it has nothing to do with the battalion. For the people claiming CG should be better, don't be ignorant and for the people claiming this wouldn't of happened to anyone else I can guarantee you that even if this was a member of High Command the result would have been the same. Please keep votes and discussion relevant to the situation that occurred and the player in question, not any specific group or battalion.

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

23 hours ago, luci4 said:

+1 - Everyone needs to wake up and realise CG's job is difficult, accidents happen, grow up :D

so is this a -1 or a +1 bc i see both

I saw a -1 and a +1 post that's why I was confused 

Edited by Soccer
Added stuff
  • Confused 1
  • Dumb 1
  • Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)

-1 HVO's should know not to pull their rockets out in especially crowded areas. It should be made a point, regardless of what battalion. CG especially is needing to be held to a higher standard because of their role in the server.

Miclick or not you still killed a ton of people.

• Agree 1

Former: 187th 1stLT | 104th 1st LT Warthog | 2ndACC REGL CPT Barlex

spacer.png

+1 
I think despite this, and while I agree with what Marvel has said in this thread about the HVO job and how it needs to be taken more seriously.  We've seen staff members receive 0 punishment when blowing up debrief with the large cannon tool gun ability several times.  It's always irked me how some people who are renowned in the community or are staff members have had the chance to avoid being banned while killing/disrupting the server.  

I believe it's only fair that we enforce the rules for all instead of just on some. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

I do agree what he did was dumbbbbb but like many people have done the same thing and haven’t gotten bans like this i just don’t see this as very fair as punishments are so up and down with this pretty much depends who the person is who did it. 

+1 he’s human people make mistakes also it’s a video game 

Edited by Arizona
Worded my response more respectful
  • Agree 1

+1 a 5 day ban is way too long imo, a 1 day ban would have sent the same message while also allowing him to return sooner. I see long bans as a tool to keep minges away for a long period of time so they get bored and don't bother coming back. Before anyone says that we should treat minges like everyone else, I disagree in regards to banning. We ban minges because they will most likely be repeat offenders and their intent is to ruin the fun for others on the server.  Situations like this or what happened with gears are incredibly different as it was a one time thing that most likely won't happen again. Its not necessarily about their rank or time spent on the server, we just know that people who have played on the server for a while and done a lot aren't likely to attempt to ruin the fun for others.

I just think intent should be taken into account when banning

• Agree 2
14 hours ago, Marvel said:

The rocket launcher isn't something to joke around with. It kills people. Too many HVOs just pull it out as a stupid joke 90% of the time or just simply walk around with it out for no reason.

I dont get this. I remember this being the golden rule for being ARF or ARC back in the day. You dont pull out your RPS unless you intend on firing it. This was routinely beat into your head so you understood it. Whatever happened to this standard.

This Ban Appeal is a massive teachable moment, We should be stricter on fucking around. we need to bring back proper etiquette for pulling out weapons.

Now id be a massive hypocrite if I didnt +1 this. Arroyo is a long time member, I dont personally believe he did this in a malicious way. But we just had my ban appeal completely unanimous (besides the shitposters) saying that it was an accident and my ban was too harsh, yet here we are again and suddenly people are changing their opinion? I got 24 hours, I deserved the 24 hours for not taking enough care and plus I caused a massive headache behind the scenes. But 5 Days? Seriously? I feel my ban is no different to this situation.

This is Staff taking the max ban length and assigning it to every situation. The punishment guidelines say UP TO 5 DAYS, Why is an accidental MassRDM, who fucked around getting the same length as someone who would maliciously Mass RDM in the effort to cause an incident. Either Staff need to have their guidelines checked at or something needs to be done to the guidelines so that its not set to the maxinum ban length every time.

The guy fucked around, found out and got shit on for it. 48 Hour Ban at most. Let them man free. 

+1

Edited by Gears
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

+1 shit happens 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

• Management

Unfortunately your ban appeal has been DENIED.

For more information on why you were denied, please contact me or any Director+.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO BAN APPEALS - DENIED

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif