Diplomatic Services Weaponry Addition

Name: Stonebridge

RP Rank: DSL SGM Stone

Suggestion: Addition to weaponry DP24 for DS Troopers and Lore characters of DS reason for this suggestion is DS is unable to complete the mission of Defending senators and important Republic Items with the current weaponry available to them which consists of the DC-15a and DC-15s fighting the combatants we have to deal with proves to be difficult with our current kit.

Implementation: Adding DP24 to DS trooper kit and DS lore characters

The DP24 won't fix this issue. You would need a bigger punch trust me. 

The DC-15A does 49 damage a shot with an RPM of 250.
The DP-24 does 23 damage with an RPM of 668. 

It takes two shots for the DP-24 to do (close) to the same damage as the DC-15A. Which effectively means 1 bullet of the DC15A is 2 bullets of the DP-24. 
With that being said, the DP24 has bad bloom and poor hit registration on Gmod. The DC15A would be a general better use weapon than the DP24. 

Everyone deals with the same weapon issues as you. 

Also, Don't your lore characters get seperate loadouts? Why give them the DP24 if they already have a kit?

+1 for unique sub-unit weapons,

but not this, it won't fix your issue.

Edited by Mystic
  • Agree 3

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

27 minutes ago, Mystic said:

The DP24 won't fix this issue. You would need a bigger punch trust me. 

The DC-15A does 49 damage a shot with an RPM of 250.
The DP-24 does 23 damage with an RPM of 668. 

It takes two shots for the DP-24 to do (close) to the same damage as the DC-15A. Which effectively means 1 bullet of the DC15A is 2 bullets of the DP-24. 
With that being said, the DP24 has bad bloom and poor hit registration on Gmod. The DC15A would be a general better use weapon than the DP24. 

Everyone deals with the same weapon issues as you. 

+1 for unique sub-unit weapons, and this if you guys REALLY want it but this won't fix your issue.

While yes the DC-15A dose 49 damage a shot and 250 RPM
The DP-24 dose 23 Damage has 80 rounds at RPM of 668.
This will allows us to have a greater volume of fire making greater chance of hitting the target and neutralizing the threat four DS or more with this weapon is 320 rounds and 2,672 Rpm we have tested this in sims and believe it will become a vital piece of our kit 

6 minutes ago, Stonebridge said:

While yes the DC-15A dose 49 damage a shot and 250 RPM
The DP-24 dose 23 Damage has 80 rounds at RPM of 668.
This will allows us to have a greater volume of fire making greater chance of hitting the target and neutralizing the threat four DS or more with this weapon is 320 rounds and 2,672 Rpm we have tested this in sims and believe it will become a vital piece of our kit 

You're also missing the fact there is an inherent damage reduction on everything on the server. So the DP24 doesn't do 23 damage., and the DC15A doesn't do 49 damage. So you're missing alot more damage on those blank shots than you can count.

Either way it goes you can't accurately test any weapon on Garry's Mod. So the stats were throwing around probably aren't even accurate.

Unfortunately my opinion doesn't change.  I think DS may need buffed, but this gun isn't the buff you're looking for. It also lacks range which is something the DC pair has on the DP24

Edited by Mystic
  • Informative 1

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti

I am currently in between whether to vote on this or not, while I do personally think Diplomatic Services need a weapon for something such as to deal with BH, I don’t think this would be the best weapon for this, I think a weapon more like a shotgun instead would serve a better purpose. (Also both Dire Squad and Diplomatic Services having this would be kinda goofy because then both DS abbreviated squads would have the same weapon lol)

Future Adult!

16 hours ago, Mystic said:

You're also missing the fact there is an inherent damage reduction on everything on the server. So the DP24 doesn't do 23 damage., and the DC15A doesn't do 49 damage. So you're missing alot more damage on those blank shots than you can count.

Either way it goes you can't accurately test any weapon on Garry's Mod. So the stats were throwing around probably aren't even accurate.

Unfortunately my opinion doesn't change.  I think DS may need buffed, but this gun isn't the buff you're looking for. It also lacks range which is something the DC pair has on the DP24

So what other weapons are options for me to get for my men I cant get commando weapons cant get arc cant get enemy weapons cant get store weapons as far as I can see my options are DP24 DP23 if you have suggestions for something better I'm all ears 

8 hours ago, Edgar said:

I am currently in between whether to vote on this or not, while I do personally think Diplomatic Services need a weapon for something such as to deal with BH, I don’t think this would be the best weapon for this, I think a weapon more like a shotgun instead would serve a better purpose. (Also both Dire Squad and Diplomatic Services having this would be kinda goofy because then both DS abbreviated squads would have the same weapon lol)

the only shotgun that I can get is the DP23 and it is not a good weapon its worse than the DP24 if you have a suggestion for a shotgun I'm not aware of I'm all ears 

17 minutes ago, Stonebridge said:

So what other weapons are options for me to get for my men I cant get commando weapons cant get arc cant get enemy weapons cant get store weapons as far as I can see my options are DP24 DP23 if you have suggestions for something better I'm all ears 

There is a whole weapon pack on the server you can go through. SR Basic is usually the pack people dig through. The DC17M and the Westar arent the only weapons on the server

Forum Admin

I don't think this will solve your issue regarding a PvP balance.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

19 minutes ago, Aeon said:

-1 DS is just for RP not combat

Me telling this to the president's secret service "no the guns don't work they're for RP purposes"

-1, a worse gun won't improve the server or personal issues DS has

• Pay Respect 2

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Hm, I do think that some good points are made here from all sides. I would think that a better thing would be to utilize your shields more often. Also, the DP24 is not going to do much against the shotgun or some of the other weaponry available to people willing to fork out the money for it. 

As someone primarily guarded by SG and DS, I do think some improvement could be made, however most of the time I see attacks from Separatists / NPCs affecting us rather than by BHs. I've heard and seen that the hitbox on your shield is very bad when it is being held by DS until it is placed. Perhaps a better avenue would be to improve the protection offered by the shield when it is being held or when people are moving around with it, which would make the shield something used much more often and taken advantage of both for you guys and if/when DU comes back (until that time, the shield is something totally unique to DS and is a cool draw that I feel is underused). It's shown in the clone wars to be extremely good when being held and offering near total protection to those using it, and I see it being used well during trainings, but I very rarely see it used in events or during normal times due to these lackings. Not going to vote as either way would be a benefit to some extent for you guys, but that is my take on the matter: Rather than add this weapon (which is by most accounts, mine included, a downgrade to the DC15A/S) improve the shield's hitbox and protection which would enable much more RP and tactical combat!

• Informative 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Ok well it obvious to me no one is going to agree with this so if i make a new suggestion with this shield in it where we can actually shoot while holding the shield what is your opinions on this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2120369947&searchtext=star+wars+shields it requires two addons though so dont know if that would be problem if I was to make a new suggestion for this shield but want opinions 

Edited by Stonebridge
Forum Admin

Make another suggestion 

• Agree 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Head Admin
On 3/14/2023 at 4:05 AM, Stonebridge said:

reason for this suggestion is DS is unable to complete the mission of Defending senators and important Republic Items with the current weaponry available to them which consists of the DC-15a and DC-15s fighting the combatants

Adding a weapon with higher RPM and way lower damage isn't gonna fix your issue of not being able to do the RP job you have, -1

DC-15A, shooting at a player
image.png

DP-24, shooting a player 
image.png

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

Head Admin
7 hours ago, Stonebridge said:

the only shotgun that I can get is the DP23 and it is not a good weapon its worse than the DP24 if you have a suggestion for a shotgun I'm not aware of I'm all ears 

I actually think the DP23 is an amazing weapon you can get on the base kit! Here is an example of what it can do. The first screenshot will be from close range. Think about 5 meters. The second one is the distance of the gap between medbay and the first set of boxes on the sim room side

image.png
image.png

If you wanna test it you can always ask an admin in game for it and see how it feels, or personally, I can set you up with some encounter like sim and you can run in that with it to test it's use case in an actual scenario you may encounter :) 

• Agree 2

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

the job I have comes with the DP-23 and I use it a lot more at close ranges than I use the DC-15A or S. it is a good gun when the server pop is low but once there are more than 50 people on the server only 60% of your shots will actually register and the S is a more reliable option. I like the idea of DS getting a new weapon to deal with BH but I also think it should be a more "specialized" weapon like a sniper, shotgun or the shield that you can use while shooting that StoneBridge posted about. so -1 to this weapon

14 hours ago, Stonebridge said:

Ok well it obvious to me no one is going to agree with this so if i make a new suggestion with this shield in it where we can actually shoot while holding the shield what is your opinions on this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2120369947&searchtext=star+wars+shields it requires two addons though so dont know if that would be problem if I was to make a new suggestion for this shield but want opinions 

That addon is bad and hardly works. Current shield is better and just needs some development to help improve it when you’re moving with it. 

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

• 1 month later...

+1 I don't see this as an issue, let them have something as it isn't asking for a whole rework. It is a simple gun that is already in the server and is only used by the Officer whitelist which hardly gets used.

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

• 1 month later...
Systems Dev

This suggestion has been moved to REVIEW PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been accepted by the community vote or through Founder approval and a concept is being created by the development team)

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife

• 4 months later...
Systems Dev

This suggestion is in the process of being  IMPLEMENTED.
(Suggestions that have been implemented into the server)

• Winner 1

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife