Grappling Hooks For Ghost Company

Fishy

Name: Fishy

I have been in Ghost Company for almost my entire time on this server and I would not be lying if I said that something was lacking. 2ndAC gets jetpacks and currently our specialization in the battalions is boarding. Shouldn't "the elite" of the 212th Attack battalion also have a way to take out the cruisers from on them other than the 2 options we have currently (that being getting of someone's head that has a jetpack or having a jedi jump or throw us up.) So, I propose that Ghost Company gets access to this grapple hook belt or any grapple hook that the devs see fit. 

Lore: All clones had grapple hooks in their belts according to season 3 episode 1 of the clone wars series.

Edited by Fishy

Current - Six-Ten

Longshot - Peel - GCO - GC - SupL - ArfL - HVYL - Oddball - Waxer - Boil

As much as this would be nice, I'd have to say -1 for the following reasons.

We've tried grapple guns before this one not tested but they were abused and buggy.

Were they fun, yes, but I think it would take away server performance unfortunately, and if they could grab players I could also see the issue of abusing it that way.

Good idea, I just don't see them getting another chance... just like plantable/throwable RBC's.

• Informative 1

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

Yes it was Guac. Kaiser and I talked briefly about it in DM's.

Current - Six-Ten

Buzz, although I can't say anything for the performance because I tested it in single player, I can say that it drops on the ground and every time i dropped it the ability to hook entities was off. You can access it by holding C and right clicking on the entity when its on the ground before being picked up.

Current - Six-Ten

Would have to disagree monty. 104th already has priority for ATTE and TX130's. 212th Currently has priority boarding and according to the new boarding docs LAAT's shouldn't be used to board the muni prop ships due to the cannons on the sides shooting down the LAAT. So that leaves jedi throwing us or 2ndAC to take care of it.

• Agree 1

Current - Six-Ten

-1 Change the boarding rules so that you can be carried up in a LAAT rather than try to grapple from ground level up to a ship up in the sky. Not only are you hurting your own battalion with that rule but you’re hurting SUP server-wide with that. Something like this would be way better suited for ARF server-wide (if there was no performance issues) so they can climb the rocks on the map rather than getting added just for your subunit. 

Edited by Keegan
  • Agree 2

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

-1. Boarding was LAAT and Jetpack based for years. If you guys decided to change your own rules and hurt your own BoardingRP, i don't think that quite warrants a server suggestion. Just allow LAATs to fly to Munis.

Besides, How is grappling to a ship that should be in our lower atmosphere anymore unrealistic than flying a Low Altitude Assault Transport into low atmosphere to board a ship?

• Agree 2

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1 just because the ghost company class just like any "elite subunit" in any battalion doesn't have anything special going for it besides cool armor

• Confused 1
  • Dumb 2

FormerTorrent Company Commander Kano/Fives, WO Appo | FormerWO Mortar, Lieutenant Dash-29

Former: GCO WO Waxer

4 hours ago, Ccmonty said:

-1. grappling hooks have caused problems in the past and if anything should go back to 104th

nerd dog Meme Generator - Imgflip

Yeah this basically minus the 104th part because who gives a fuck plus they're stupid. 

Edited by Bleach
  • Funny 2
  • Bruh 1

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

Clones did not board ships as they was mostly on the defensive side in the war. Only time I can think of clones boarding capital ships is in the battlefront games where you board during a mission in the older game which a LAAT is used and in the game mode Capital Supremacy where the clones also use a LAAT to board the CIS capital ship so -1

Edited by Deathtiger
Spelling
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

DEUS VULT

The Wannabe's Corner | qipaos: Knightfall trailer aesthetics (x) ...

Honestly 104th should be able to have the grappling hooks as well. So i going to be -1 this. 

Current:  Retried

Past: 2Del, x10Boomer, x3Anakin , x2Eeth Koth, Lumi, Quinlan, Adi, x2Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, 501st CMD, 91st CMD, Kano, Hawk, 2xAppo

-1, Just use a LAAT to board enemy ships and stuff. That utility alone gives Pilots a role to fly instead of having events where it relies on just dogfighting. 

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

-1 Reasons basically already stated

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Just have the grapple hook as a thing in the prema weapon store for about 14 mil +1. Everyone clone had a grapple hook attachment for their weapons 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Informative 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

-1 nah other things should be developed first 

• Confused 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

On 3/9/2023 at 4:48 PM, KillJoy said:

Just have the grapple hook as a thing in the prema weapon store for about 14 mil +1. Everyone clone had a grapple hook attachment for their weapons 

I do not believe that utility items such as this should be made a permanent weapon, let alone for that much. That would just take something that’s meant to add RP for a battalion, subunit, or specialization that any newer player could acquire and have fun with and lock it behind a paywall that most people would never get close to reaching. There’s already enough on the server for 99% of the “whales” to purchase.

• Confused 1
  • Dumb 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

• 3 months later...
Systems Dev

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife