Add citadel challenge to map

Glory22

Should the Citadel be re-added?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Name: Keegan

RP Rank: Vice Chair Mas Amedda 

Suggestion: Add the Citadel Challenge SIM room to the map.

Implementation: Rip the old citadel from the Synergy Venator (it is better than the Anaxes one, and if we ever start using that Venator again the dupes can be reused between maps) and fit it in an empty area of the map and put a teleporter to it. Otherwise, if it fits, try to place it next to the other sim rooms in one of these two locations:

image.png?width=1220&height=663

Add door in the green room and have the entrance there.

image.png

Add a door here with a hall going back and to the left with the Citadel there.

Lore: Citadel Challenge | Wookieepedia | Fandom

Workshop content if applicable: Require Development
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Banned

+1 I would love citadel back so admins (NOT SA) can host trainings more efficiently without needing a bunch of additional props that lag the server and have poor droid pathfinding. This would be a benefit for trainings and especially ones hosted by NCO's. This also would benefit ARC trainings/tryouts!

• Winner 1

Screenshot_20230225_024356.png

Former: Puddle WifeTorrent Company REGL COL Boomer

+1 i miss the Citadel tbh honestly was useful

• Agree 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Its a good idea but im not sure if it can happen, it would require edits to the map which you would have to pay Jayaar for, not sure if thats the main focus of our develolment team rn when it comes to their funds 

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

Banned

I'd like to clarify something before y'all go bananas with the map suggestions

I wanted to add a citadel, believe me, but theres a reason it didn't make it:
The map has currently hit a very very fine line on its brush limit? What does this mean? Think of maps like legos. You build the walls, the floors, the ceilings out of blocks and other shapes. Source has a hard cap on the limit of these legos (brushes) you can use to build your map.
We're not quite there yet, but we're something 40-80 brushes away from being there, which is not a lot of wiggle room at all!

Soltuion? If we want new rooms/areas, something will have to be downsized or removed.
It's inconvenient, but its just how source is. I've been bashing my head at a recent map project because I've hit the brush limit there too. It's annoying, and I wish gmod was on source 2 because of it

Proof I was in fact about to add it before it hit the brush limit. This was the anaxes one btw, I just cleaned up the textures to fit the base
a1xIQF6.png
zsKMHs6.png
mo09U6P.png

Edited by Jayarr
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1
7 minutes ago, Jayarr said:

I'd like to clarify something before y'all go bananas with the map suggestions

I wanted to add a citadel, believe me, but theres a reason it didn't make it:
The map has currently hit a very very fine line on its brush limit? What does this mean? Think of maps like legos. You build the walls, the floors, the ceilings out of blocks and other shapes. Source has a hard cap on the limit of these legos (brushes) you can use to build your map.
We're not quite there yet, but we're something 40-80 brushes away from being there, which is not a lot of wiggle room at all!

Soltuion? If we want new rooms/areas, something will have to be downsized or removed.
It's inconvenient, but its just how source is. I've been bashing my head at a recent map project because I've hit the brush limit there too. It's annoying, and I wish gmod was on source 2 because of it

Proof I was in fact about to add it before it hit the brush limit. This was the anaxes one btw, I just cleaned up the textures to fit the base
a1xIQF6.png
zsKMHs6.png
mo09U6P.png

Erm just add more brushes, ez

+1 if possible but as Jayarr said doesn’t seem very possible right now

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Jayarr said:

How much downsizing are we talking here? because I can think of a bunch of rooms/sections of the map that regularly go unused

• Management
Management

@KeeganIn your opinion what is worth being removed in order for this to be added? 

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

@KeeganIn your opinion what is worth being removed in order for this to be added? 

Well I am unsure how much is needed to be removed, but I think that some of the decorative areas that are only visible through glass (such as below the bunks area) could be removed. The second sector could be downsized a bit, with some of the areas being made to be more open by removing trees and rocks. Remove some trees on the main layer of the map as well. Also, I believe there are two dueling arenas (not sure), but if so one could be removed since I doubt there'd often be two going on at a time. I could think of others but I'm unsure how many brushes are really needed and how many this would get back. If more is needed, please let me know so I can put some more thought into it. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

• Management
Management
45 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Well I am unsure how much is needed to be removed, but I think that some of the decorative areas that are only visible through glass (such as below the bunks area) could be removed. The second sector could be downsized a bit, with some of the areas being made to be more open by removing trees and rocks. Remove some trees on the main layer of the map as well. Also, I believe there are two dueling arenas (not sure), but if so one could be removed since I doubt there'd often be two going on at a time. I could think of others but I'm unsure how many brushes are really needed and how many this would get back. If more is needed, please let me know so I can put some more thought into it. 

Oh yeah I honestly have no idea how much would need to be removed to accommodate this change I just wanted to gather your thoughts on the subject since I know you've wanted this change for awhile now.

• Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Banned

Things like trees and rocks won’t matter, they’re props and the limit on those is significantly higher. Things in the base, like the glass areas and so on, are really some of the only viable areas, which shows how limited we are. Among other things, the outpost and the one round bounty hunter building are the only structures to utilize brushes outside of the base, and I highly doubt either can be removed, so it’s a bit of a touchy area unfortunately. The base would ultimately need radical restructuring to possibly avoid the issue

• Informative 2
11 minutes ago, Jayarr said:

Things like trees and rocks won’t matter, they’re props and the limit on those is significantly higher. Things in the base, like the glass areas and so on, are really some of the only viable areas, which shows how limited we are. Among other things, the outpost and the one round bounty hunter building are the only structures to utilize brushes outside of the base, and I highly doubt either can be removed, so it’s a bit of a touchy area unfortunately. The base would ultimately need radical restructuring to possibly avoid the issue

In that case if those glass areas would not cut it, then I am not terribly sure on what else could be done as I am not really a mapper nor staff so I can't really get good up-to-date images of the map to really inspect in that sense. Are there some things currently on the map that are brushes that could be converted into props? For the citadel, I think the barricades and towers could be made into props if they were not already, which would probably lower the number of brushes needed by a lot.

If the Community has any feedback on areas that could be shrunk or simplified in terms of geometry that could be helpful as well!

12 hours ago, Jayarr said:

radical restructuring to possibly avoid the issue

12 hours ago, Keegan said:

If the Community has any feedback on areas that could be shrunk or simplified in terms of geometry that could be helpful as well!

we could always remove one of the CSRs and move the bunks back to the lobby where it was originally or combine DB and bunks, sector two could be a little downsized, lost contact could be moved to the large space underneath the bunks, the area above the brig/DB lobby could be removed (seriously even if you put npcs shooting each other up there people still dont look up there),

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Head Admin

@JayarrI don't know anything about mapping and how hard this is or what not, but seeing as you said only stuff inside base (besides the 2 exceptions) are brushes how would this idea be:

Removing this room and pushing that blastdoor upto where the doorframe is currently (see next few pics and my amazingly drawn door)
image.png
Room I am talking about ^

image.png
New door ^

With that, remove the current armory and place it in this hallway so it has a purpose, like the pics amazingly show below:
image.png
Armory ^

image.png
No armory ^

With that, also deleting this area above brig:
image.png
Above brig^

And place the citadel here, or wherever it is best to place:
image.png

Would love the feedback on this idea as it just crossed my and another player's mind. 

• Agree 1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

Banned
1 minute ago, Rohan said:

Would love the feedback on this idea as it just crossed my and another player's mind. 

this was basically what i was gonna do if this suggestion passed

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Systems Dev

This suggestion has been moved to REVIEW PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been accepted by the community vote or through Founder approval and a concept is being created by the development team)

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife

• 8 months later...

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.