My First Deployment

Synergy

• System

Name: Wildfire

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:460144846

Who helped (If applicable): Cubby, Mystic, Jake, and Tusk

Link to Event/Encounter Document (optional): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rm1eAwezOXVCRP740az_AbA57t9gf8uDr558ZULVRv4/edit?usp=sharing

Description of event/encounter (required if no document provided): The Republic was sent to investigate some illegal substances being sold in corascant. The Republic went in there and found out the Jawa was the Death Stick Dealer. When they realized this, the Death watch were called in by the Jawa, all the civilians were killed, and the death watch eventually got wiped out.

Did any Bounty Hunters Participate:

Please rate using this scale

unknown.png

Please Rate 1-5 on each of the below categories (5 being perfect, 1 being horrible)

Gameplay:

Care and Effort:

Server Performance:

Systems Dev

1/1/4

I really had no clue what was happening, just walked around and shot some things here and there. Could have had more of a story, rather then theres some food sticks here and there illegal get them

Edited by Wosy
  • Agree 1

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife

3/2/4

The event was boring if I'm honest. All the action had to be located at the bar or one specific area, meaning that you either had to deal with the crowded and loud bar, or do nothing and just run around. The event also didn't seem to have much care behind it, it was sloppy at times. And seemingly organized last second. I hate to say it but it just wasn't that great of an event.

• Agree 1

Former: 187th 1stLT | 104th 1st LT Warthog | 2ndACC REGL CPT Barlex

spacer.png

Gameplay: 3/5 - For a full server deployment it would be better to give battalions or regiments individual jobs rather than everyone doing the same thing. Led to a lot of people standing around.

Care and Effort: 3/5 - Map was poorly utilized. 501st and a lot of other battalions were doing recon and patrols in the outer areas, and there was nothing out there for us to do.

Server Performance: 5/5 - No issues

• Agree 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Head Admin

3/5/5

• Agree 1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

2/2/5

Really rough map to pick for your first deployment.   It's overused and rather too large for newer GMs.   

So many people didn't know what was going on.   I think the worst thing was focusing it all on one area while several battalions ran around bored.   It also didn't help someone ran a deathstick event on this map before it was removed from the pool for several weeks. 

Edited by Zensras
  • Agree 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

• Management
Management

@Edgar

I really appreciate you stepping up to host the deployment today and despite how it may seem to not go very well I commend you for pushing for a more RP orientated event rather than yet another mindless laggy shootemup where people would have complained regardless. Coruscant Underworld is a difficult map to keep track of everything and people don't tend to sit still and typically run off to areas where nothing is going on and wonder why nothing is going on when everything is more focused in one area.

My advice for the future is to build and streamline the map so that the players are forced towards the RP that way they don't run off and get lost. I also really loved the implementation of trainings like Alien Translation for 41st to use and Negotiations for CG. Wish more GMs would implement these into their events so battalions get something unique to do.

Sadly I was in and out of the event as I had family over and other situations pop up so I'm not going to rate as I really didn't get to play in it rather I was mostly just kinda spectating at times. Again really appreciate the effort and hope to see more events from you in the future!

• Winner 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

GM Leadership

3/4/5

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

I mostly just walked around the map but the burger RP before the event started was fun and I had fun bullying the jawa with Luke/Sinker and Woods who also really enjoyed themselves and getting to do RP with the twilek and the jawa. RP focused events dont really work with full server deployments because one or two battalions is going to be doing all the fun stuff while everyone else just sits around bored. Not bad for a first deployment back though