Need show and movie suggestions!

• Founder
Founder

I work mainly from home and have been out of the loop when it comes to good shows and movies! For example; Last week I watched End Game as I finally caught up on most Marvel movies. Just found out I missed two spider man movies and plan on watching them soon.
Literally any genre I'll be making a list of priority to start watching.

If you could also provide a brief description on the show that would be amazing.

Breaking bad - Netflix. Drama. Drugs. Thriller

Obi-Wan - Disney+ . Starwars. Jedi 

Money Heist - Netflix. Really good show about robbing a bank, its also in spanish but its dubbed.

Then yea basically finish the marvel movies and your good

• Friendly 1

Whataburger

Why is my reputation so low?

• Founder
Founder
4 minutes ago, Whataburger said:

Breaking bad - Netflix. Drama. Drugs. Thriller

Obi-Wan - Disney+ . Starwars. Jedi 

Money Heist - Netflix. Really good show about robbing a bank, its also in spanish but its dubbed.

Then yea basically finish the marvel movies and your good

I've seen Breaking Bad and loved it.
I'm keeping up with Obi-Wan to prevent being spoiled by others
Never heard of Money Heist but I'll add it to the list.
Thanks!

Not sure if you have HBO Max but it is without a doubt the best streaming service. 

There are a multitude of movies new and old that you can find on there for anything you'd really feel like watching.

As for shows you have great ones like the Sopranos and GoT (Ya know season 1-5 good the rest gets mid and worse in S8), Barry, Succession and many other HBO and HBO Max Originals that you can find on there.

Some of my favorite movies in particular are Blade Runner, 7 Samurai, The Batman, T2: Judgement Day, Dune, King Richard, All the LOTR's movies. Etc.

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

theres some movies called Star Wars that are pretty fire, try those, The last 3 weren't as good as the older ones though

Seriously though, I heard Stranger Things got a new season, Past seasons were good might be worth a watch if you like Mystery/Drama/Scary mixtures. Though its not truly that scary.
Halo series kinda sucked but was a neat watch if you liked Halo. 
If you haven't watch the Conjuring series in order, its pretty sweet if horror is your jam
Or go back in time and watch some of your childhood cartoons! A sense of nostalgia is always something people can appreciate and can help tremendously in passing time/stress reduction

As for me, i don't watch much aside from Star Wars and Anime, If you're interested in anime i could help. But everything above is all i really have seen recently

Edited by Mystic
Added more

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Full disclosure this list is assuming you havnet watched any of these... Obviously.

So just to get some nerdy stuff out the way here are a few Disney properties you may like

First off Obi Wan Kenobi is probably the number 1 thing Id recommend keeping up on but you have already said you are up to date. The new episode was really good imo though.

I know you said you are already caught up on Marvel superhero mcu movies but if you have NOT watched any Marvel SHOWS, I'd recommend watching a few of them. I am going to safely assume you haven't watched them since you said marvel movies and not shows so if you did then my b. Loki is my personal favorite Marvel Disney+ show so far because of its quality writing and story. Along with that Moon Knight is a close second, has a amazing performance from Oscar Issac and is a pretty fun watch overall. Wandavision is a must watch if you plan on watching the new Doctor Strange film. That is if you have not watched the new one yet, I know you said most but I'm playing it safe. Other than that Hawkeye is pretty good, has a couple surprises if you like marvel stuff. 

OH actually, if you have not watched the Daredevil (originally Netflix but now Disney+) show yet I'd HIGHLY recommend watching that. That show is my favorite show of all time, great story, amazing acting, lighting and cinematography slaps, that show just has so much care in it its a work of art. 

Alright that's all of the Disney stuff here's a bunch of misc things you could watch if you haven't already

Tick Tick Boom: Its a musical starring Andrew Garfield, he was actually a nominee for the Best Actor award of the 2022 Oscars for that movie actually. Really good music, amazing performance, really good movie overall. 

Free Guy: TECHNICALLY Disney since its made by Fox but screw it Im putting it here. A really fun dumb movie to watch. Its a action film about a guy inside a video game world.

21 Jump Street + 22 Jump Street: These movies are almost like a decade old but if you have not watched them they are so good. They a buddy cop comedies starring Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. Its one of the greatest comedy's I have ever watched. If you just want a good laugh, watch those they are fucking ridiculous. 

Don't look up was interesting. Its a Leonardo DiCaprio film that revolves around how the modern world would react if there was a big asteroid heading towards earth. Leonardo surprisingly didn't get an Oscar for this which is shocking because every time he stars in something he gets like 500 awards.

Greenland is about another asteroid aiming for Earth although its about a family trying to survive it, not alert everyone as much as possible. I thought it was... OKAY. But its interesting to watch if you wanna watch like a junk food movie. 

The Devil All The Time was a okay film as well. Its thriller drama based off a book but it has some really good performances in it. Robert Pattinson's voice is no joke unrecognizable in the movie. I liked it although I know it got mixed reviews. 

1917 is a good ass war film about 2 soldiers delivering a message in 1917 to prevent a shit ton of casualties. It presents itself as a one take film. It really isn't one take but the cuts are seamless. 

Euphoria is a really dark high school drama about drug addicts. Its really good but its really REALLY dark. If you dont like dark stuff dont watch it but if you like dark stuff go right ahead.

The new Halo show is decent imo. Its a good scifi show but they are not game lore friendly at all. They are a little EU (like books n stuff) lore friendly but most of the lore is kind of botched. Its a good show regardless but its not afraid to do something completely different. 

Other than all that I'd recommend Baby Driver if you have not seen that at all. Its a action drama filled with a fuck ton of music. It's a masterpiece in my opinion.

These are the only 2 I have not seen...
Once Upon a Time In Hollywood is a 60s comedy that is about 2 actors or smth. that stars Leonardo Decaprio and Brad Pitt. I never watched it but it has A LOT of good reviews. I know bits and pieces of the film but its really interesting. Its a Quentin Tarantino film so if you like him you'd like this. 

Arcane is based on league of legends if you are into that and I heard its really good. 

Those are all the movies and shows I can pull out of my ass right now. Its 5AM and I need sleep, if you want more recommendations hit me up later today when I am awake.

• Winner 1

Synergy's Kryptos

spacer.png

• Founder
Founder

Seriously good recommendations so far. I super appreciate it!

• Agree 1

What burger best me to money hiest I’m cracked on that show 

ozark is also a crime drama thriller I fuck with hard

along with peaky blinders another older set crime show

along with recently just watched all the Harry Potter and magical beasts movies and those were good too

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Any Edgar Wright movie is some of the best pieces of films ever, Baby driver, Scott pilgrim its fucking insane

Utopia is such a fantastic show, Thorpy can tell you more, its a fantastic conspiracy theory tv show that puts you on the edge with the british.

Bobs Burger is GOATED WITH THE SAUCE best adult animation show by a long shot

Sorry to bother you  is fucking insane, if anyone here can watch 1 movie watch this its on netflix its crazy.

Its such a beautiful  day is one of those rare movies that made me cry, a thrilling experience watching the horrors of dementia.

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

Shows - Dark Matter, The Pentaverate (super recommend, it's really short and it's a Mike Myers production), Designated Survivor if you skip the last season, The Good Place, Ozark, Altered Carbon, Longmire, and Bodyguard.

Movies - 13 Ghosts, Imitation Game, Sand Castle, The Outpost, The Irishman, Level 16, The Platform.

^ All of the above listed are on Netflix in the US.