Buff the Z6

Name: Monty

RP Rank: 1SG

Suggestion: MEANINGFULLY Buff the Z6 by buffing the accuracy. The 7 damage increase buff doesn't matter if you can barely hit anything even while crouching

Implementation: buff the Z6 to be VERY accurate by drastically reducing its spread while moving to something like the DC-15s has. Also increase the damage up to a even 20

Lore: The Z6 has always been shown as super accurate and deadly, able to fire torrents of blaster bolts into a single enemy with ease (I couldnt find any other good videos of the battlefront 2 Z6 just go to about 00:10)

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2436706742
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Edited by Ccmonty

we currently have a suggestion out that will be a HUGE buff to heavies in terms of who they are on the server. Personally I’d like to see that one implemented before we go to buff weapons again when the much better alternative of making the regiment more unique is already Suggested . 

• Disagree 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

we currently have a suggestion out that will be a HUGE buff to heavies in terms of who they are on the server. Personally I’d like to see that one implemented before we go to buff weapons again when the much better alternative of making the regiment more unique is already Suggested . 

while thats a fair point but the weapon heavies get for their class also needs to be good.

In DBFZ Frieza can turn into golden frieza which buffs his speed and damage output and is good thanks to it being buffed multiple times, however to turn into golden frieza you have to play as base frieza whos kinda just bad. The devs didnt understand that no matter how much they buff golden that regular frieza still has to be good.

same case here. while giving shields to heavy is a really good buff it doesnt fix the already existing issue that heavies look really ugly (except CG who got a good looking helmet for some reason) and their class weapon sucks. How are you supposed to effectively make sure of a shield if your main weapon can barely hit things at point blank. THE DUAL DC-15S IS A DIRECT UPGRADE FROM THE Z6 AND ITS 595MIL LESS THEN THE UPGRADES Z6 WHICH STILL CANT HIT ANYTHING

Edited by Ccmonty
55 minutes ago, Ccmonty said:

In DBFZ Frieza can turn into golden frieza which buffs his speed and damage output and is good thanks to it being buffed multiple times, however to turn into golden frieza you have to play as base frieza whos kinda just bad. The devs didnt understand that no matter how much they buff golden that regular frieza still has to be good.

I had to read this 3 times, but i think i get what you're trying to save and I don't believe the analogy works here. You don't need to shoot the z6 200 times in order to unlock the shield. You just get both. You can use either whenever. One is not locked behind the other.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Founder
Founder
5 hours ago, Heart said:

+1 it takes ~150 z6 rounds to break a glass panel prop, when a hunter shotgun can do it in 3-4

This sounds like a hit registration issue, which would explain a lot honestly.

5 hours ago, Ccmonty said:

Suggestion: MEANINGFULLY Buff the Z6 by buffing the accuracy. The 7 damage increase buff doesn't matter if you can barely hit anything even while crouching

Implementation: buff the Z6 to be VERY accurate by drastically reducing its spread while moving to something like the DC-15s has. Also increase the damage up to a even 20

Lore: The Z6 has always been shown as super accurate and deadly, able to fire torrents of blaster bolts into a single enemy with ease (I couldnt find any other good videos of the battlefront 2 Z6 just go to about 00:10)

I wouldn't mind looking into accuracy, but damage would have to most likely remain or lowered if absolutely necessary to ensure the weapon isn't ridiculous . Regarding the Lore section, I tried my best to keep most guns "Lore Accurate" with how they fire, but exceptions have to be made when balancing between PvE and PvP. If we were running on Unreal or Frostbyte I could get behind recreating weapons to match almost as a direct copy, but with the limitations Garry's Mod imposes on us we have to be pretty strict when making design and balancing choices.

Note: I'm not saying I'm against "Buffing" the Z-6, I'm just stating it's a delicate line between being overpowered and being well balanced.

Edit: The suggestion is also kind of confusing as to what you're entirely asking for, I'd just rename it to "Buff the Z-6"

• Winner 3
15 hours ago, Ccmonty said:

while thats a fair point but the weapon heavies get for their class also needs to be good.

Overbuffing multiple sections at once is very rarely a good idea. I agree with maybe increasing their accuracy, but I'd much rather wait for the shield buff to get a response to gauge the HVY effectiveness (damage is not the only measure of worth).

Okay, so... we're doing this. Anyone who doesn't care about fighting games can skip to the end of the segment. In DBFZ, you utilize multiple characters in a tag team of 3. This is commonly referred to as Point (primary meterless char), Mid (2nd or auxiliary character) and Anchor (heaviest meter eating character). Frieza is typically the latter and pops off with meter (though there are better chars, most of the dlc roster). And no, you don't have to even play as golden frieza to get golden... you just have to build meter on your other chars and get a hard knockdown into install.

Similar to the different equipment a trooper's kit might have (DC-15a, Z-6 Rotary, shield if given) you do not use only one part but all these parts in conjunction to measure the worth. Your analogy is that because an aspect of a kit is really good, you need to buff the worse off aspects to compete. 

same case here. while giving shields to heavy is a really good buff it doesnt fix the already existing issue that heavies look really ugly

Subjective

and their class weapon sucks. How are you supposed to effectively make sure of a shield if your main weapon can barely hit things at point blank.

In a game with not great hit registration, latency, etc it is really hard to keep a weapon about pumping out as much firepower as possible relevant with a damage scaling as well as keeping it relevant in the overall metagame of the weapons. If we buff Z-6 damage and it turns out stronger than the ARF sniper in DPS, do we buff that next? Do we buff the SUP shotty in response to that? Also if you can't hit things at point blank then that sounds like a genuine skill issue.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

6 hours ago, Dyn said:

Overbuffing multiple sections at once is very rarely a good idea. I agree with maybe increasing their accuracy, but I'd much rather wait for the shield buff to get a response to gauge the HVY effectiveness (damage is not the only measure of worth).

Subjective

the damage buff would only add 1 point of damage per hit

your really gonna tell me that the CG Heavy helmet doesnt look better then every other heavy helmet?

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, Ccmonty said:

the damage buff would only add 1 point of damage per hit

I mean yeah. It's 1 damage more and it adds 1 damage per shot while increasing the accuracy would also increase the amount of shots that actually land their hits. I think with the proposed shield buffs, they'll already be pretty alright at anchoring a location but with increased accuracy, I think they could already be really good and wouldn't need the damage buff. As discussed above by Jad, if I had to take one or the other I'd rather take the accuracy buff. 

2 hours ago, Ccmonty said:

your really gonna tell me that the CG Heavy helmet doesnt look better then every other heavy helmet?

I don't recall the CG helmet off the top of my head, but yeah. I mean like I said, it's subjective but I like the standard heavy helmet. Sorry if it doesn't line up with your preferences.

Edited by Dyn

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

+1 The Z-6 fucking sucks. Ask any Heavy main in the past year, because I have, and it's not hard to get the opinion of the Heavies out there. Unless the new NPC base supports suppression like it's Arma 3, then calling it a "suppression weapon" is stupid. It NEEDS some sort of buff. I'm willing to bet that everyone who says "the Z-6 is fine" hasn't used the Z-6 at all or in a very long time for an extended period. Spawning a Z-6 for yourself and killing a droid and saying "Yep, the Z-6 is good" does not count for anything. It takes a lot of time with the Z-6 to understand its strengths and weaknesses.

I understand it's difficult to balance weapons, but like I said before on the "Give the shield to Heavy" post, it just needs a bit of effort.

• Agree 1

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

• Management

Yes let me suppress GMOD NPCs and 12 year olds as Event Jobs with 5k HP. Surely they’ll cower in fear and stay in cover!

+1 How bout y’all suppress deez nuts

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

On 3/26/2022 at 11:11 AM, Conrad said:

we currently have a suggestion out that will be a HUGE buff to heavies in terms of who they are on the server

:pepeThink:  +1

Edit: I feel as if the buff should be just less spread, maybe even more recoil because of it but definitely less spread 

Edited by Misfit

the Darman Keller guy

I've been very quiet about this statement for a while, as I didn't really have that much modern experience dealing with the Z-6. However, after being HVYL for a week and having a lot of time to get accustomed to the Z-6 in that week, I feel like I can throw in my input. 

First off, the Z-6 isn't meant to be popular or very good. While it's supposed to be a heavy weapon, the Canon Wiki Page says enough.

"It was extremely heavy and required its user to stand still to be used with precision. On top of its weight, troopers equipped with the Z-6 would also have to carry its energy cartridges. Replacing the weapon's cartridges took multiple minutes, and would force its user to leave the battlefield during that time. Merr-Son engineers attempted to find solutions to these problems, but none of them were satisfactory, which tainted the Z-6's popularity."

Even in lore standards, the Z-6 was not the best. If that's not enough, the Legends Page only adds that it's supposed to not have good recoil.

"Despite its impressive firepower, the weapon had several notable limitations, specifically the high rate of energy pack consumption, significant weight, and powerful recoil."

After using the Z-6 for a bit, I can say that its spread it pretty trash, as well as a few other things. Though I have been able to mow down enemies with it. I'll admit that sometimes I wish it was better than weapons like the Clone Minigun, it's supposed to be less popular lore wise.

Now granted, I do believe the Z-6 should be buffed. I feel that compared to the other class weapons, the Z-6 is the worst of them all. The recoil is lore accurate, but in game retrospect, miniguns tend to have better spread and accuracy when crouched.

• Informative 1

I was the leader of the Dogma Balls movement
spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 HVY is a suffering branch on this server and it is largely due to Z-6 not being very good. I've heard that it used to be one of the best branches on the server yet it has fallen to one of the least played ones. I've been HVYL of 41st for quite sometime now and no one ever wants to stay very long. I believe a buff to the Z-6 could be beneficial for all battalions with in the server. <3 thank you and long live HVY's.

+1 do something jesus, The Z-6 is ass. I was a heavy main for like 6 months but in those 6 months ive NEVER felt more useless (and my current loadout has the DP24!!!!) . You can't suppress NPCs. and Event jobs just tank them or snipe you as you move slower than a turtle getting head. Whether you buff mobility, stability, fire rate, damage or hit registration im for it. anything works for the Z6. 

Edited by Mystik
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Banned
29 minutes ago, Mystik said:

in those 6 months ive NEVER felt more useless (and my current loadout has the DP24!!!!)

agreed easy +1

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif

+1 The heavies need something more appealing to the branch and this could really help.

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

+1 heavy was always a fun class, stuck with it for like half a year, it made my reg feel like tanks. i'd hope that heavies would wanna use their one special perk since all they really get is a gun. 

signature_alt.png
𝓞𝓾𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓡𝓲𝓶 𝓒𝓻𝓾𝓲𝓼𝓮𝓻 𝟝𝟘𝟝𝟚 🢩

• 1 month later...
  • Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been ACCEPTED.

// LOCKED

// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - ACCEPTED

• Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been IMPLEMENTED.
(Suggestions that have been implemented into the server)

• Optimistic 1