More Skills

Turtle

Name: Turtle | Wolffe

RP Rank: BCMD

Suggestion: Add some more skills to spend skill points on, example: Reload speed, Armory discounts, More starting ammo, Accuracy, etc

Implementation: I'm not a coder or what ever so I couldn't really tell you all the specifics on how it would work, but in my head, you go in and make the new skill, code it so that it does what it's supposed to do, find a nice picture for it to use as the display, and boom.

Lore: No lore, all I could really think of is with training and experience (money), troopers learned how to improve their own set of skills. 

Workshop content if applicable: Requires development

Feel free to give some suggestions for other skills!

Edited by Turtle
Spelling Error
  • Winner 1

Current: Free man
Former: Lotta things (Notably HA and Wolffe)

+1 and while we're at it, tone down the prices of skill points. To me, it's kinda weird that we expect new players to scrounge up over 2 million credits to level up their skills. Let's tone down the prices, or make it based on EXP so people can level up their skills as they wish while normally playing.

Definitely think starting ammo and reload speed would be very cool, and potentially different skills for other factions, like higher force regen on Jedi?

• Winner 2

hi.

• Coordinator
Coordinator

+1 PLEASEEEE

• Winner 1
2 minutes ago, Fyi said:

+1 and while we're at it, tone down the prices of skill points. To me, it's kinda weird that we expect new players to scrounge up over 2 million credits to level up their skills. Let's tone down the prices, or make it based on EXP so people can level up their skills as they wish while normally playing.

Definitely think starting ammo and reload speed would be very cool, and potentially different skills for other factions, like higher force regen on Jedi?

Something I just thought of, the same way that we get skill points for jedi by killing things, why dont we have it that way on clone as well, might be challening tho.

• Coordinator
Coordinator
20 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Reload speed, Armory discounts, More starting ammo, Accuracy, etc

More starting ammo definitely possible. Not sure how the sweps are going to be handled.. but you might be able to do something

Banned

+1

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif

Big +1

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

I'm gonna play devils advocate on this one because I see some HUGE flaws with this, despite thinking it might be a good idea in some way shape or form.

I'm gonna be honest I don't see how Accuracy and Reload speed could work long super well. Accuracy and reload speed would just be really really broken. Could you imagine just LMG's and Assault rifles pinpointing people from across the map at full auto. The whole point of having the spread of weapons being what they are now is that each weapon has its own purpose. You don't use your dc-15a to snipe people, you use the 15X, they don't step on each other's toes that much, but this could end up changing that to the point where high fire rate guns are king over all.

More ammo seems like an alright one, but also just kinda buy more ammo  in the f4 menu. Kind feels like the same thing to me.

Vendor Discount, i mean, good luck. I don't see this happening.

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be cool to have more unique skills and stuff, but I don't think buying them is the answer. I would personally thing a whole new system for health/armor/movespeed/jump height be implemented. One based not on putting credits into it, but leveling up more like the jedi system. You get levels for killing people, and can invest those into your class to give you more things specific to your class, kinda like jedi. I'm sure this is even more impossible then your idea tho.

If you're just looking for more things to buy in general, a datapad could be a cool addition, or some basic sweps. I just don't want to get to the point where people are super strong feeling, because all that will do is make GM's spawn more/stronger droids to compensate, which makes  people want themselves to be buffed, its a bad cycle.

• Agree 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

+1 bruh this is it

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

18 hours ago, Conrad said:

I'm gonna play devils advocate on this one because I see some HUGE flaws with this, despite thinking it might be a good idea in some way shape or form.

I'm gonna be honest I don't see how Accuracy and Reload speed could work long super well. Accuracy and reload speed would just be really really broken. Could you imagine just LMG's and Assault rifles pinpointing people from across the map at full auto. The whole point of having the spread of weapons being what they are now is that each weapon has its own purpose. You don't use your dc-15a to snipe people, you use the 15X, they don't step on each other's toes that much, but this could end up changing that to the point where high fire rate guns are king over all.

More ammo seems like an alright one, but also just kinda buy more ammo  in the f4 menu. Kind feels like the same thing to me.

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be cool to have more unique skills and stuff, but I don't think buying them is the answer. I would personally thing a whole new system for health/armor/movespeed/jump height be implemented. One based not on putting credits into it, but leveling up more like the jedi system. You get levels for killing people, and can invest those into your class to give you more things specific to your class, kinda like jedi. I'm sure this is even more impossible then your idea tho.

If you're just looking for more things to buy in general, a datapad could be a cool addition, or some basic sweps. I just don't want to get to the point where people are super strong feeling, because all that will do is make GM's spawn more/stronger droids to compensate, which makes  people want themselves to be buffed, its a bad cycle.

I very much agree, with the skills that would affect gameplay such as reload speed and accuracy, of course they shouldnt be drastic, at ABSOLUTE MOST 7%, the reason I wish we had more skills is because maybe after a month of playing the server, you kind of forget that they even exist because you have maxed them out already. At the end of the day, it's just an idea. I got inspiration from a youtuber that did a review on the server.

20 hours ago, Luther said:

+1 this is actually a very good suggestion, also I agree with what Fyi said about turning down the price of skills points or even better making skill point based off of playtime, experience.

Playtime discounts… thats a hot idea me and my 9k server hours.

+1 for starting ammo and the simple stuff 

however I think if you did certain other ones like vendor discount it would need to be a price increase for it being more expensive as that is an end game type situation. However I think some good ideas could come outa something like this 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

In theory, the reload speed code could be something attached to the weapon, and a variable to the player

(not exact because i dont code but:)

if Reloading == true then

play anim.reload

wait(Basereload - (PlayerReloadBoost*0.01) `So if you had 25 reload speed, you would take .25 seconds off the base reload with this formula`

ammo = maxammo

end

It works on roblox and gmod is basically adult roblox so +1

This is a tough one. From a player enjoyment perspective this is a no brainer. however from a GM and balance perspective this could cause problems.

for example: anyone who has done PVP with me recently knows im a fan of the rockets and my main opening is right after i use one and im reloading it while jumping around like a doofis. reducing reload time would be better for me but it would make me much harder to kill which might be unbalanced.

another is example is NPCs. Faster reload and better accuracy would mean GMs would need to compensate somehow and the only way to do that would be to buff up the NPCs HP and AI which. 

However the biggest problem I see with this is that it widens the gap between new players and regulars. I love this server and I dont think its dying anytime soon but new players till need to be able to close the gap between them and us and with perma weapons pricing so high and only 2 of the base classes (medic and support) having decent class weapons, adding new skills could widen the gap even more.

At the end of the day I am gonna give this a +1 because building a character to be powerful is always something I enjoy in a game but just keep the things i listed in mind

TL;DR for admin team: good suggestion, has flaws, still gonna +1

Edited by Ccmonty
  • Informative 1

I remember a while back someone named Clockwork who did a Review on our server came up with similar ideas he posted on his video. He gave the idea of a market skill to decrease prices and a Marksman to increase fire rate / reload speed / damage / etc. Just some ideas. 

Although a very good suggestion +1 

Will be able to post a picture on what Clockwork's ideas were for these, this is like a year ago so gatta find it.

• Optimistic 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

I think skill points are a small part about the server that could bring something unique to synergy. We could do a lot of things with this  and I think it's a great thing to start talking more openly about.

Maybe some skills could be exclusive to other skills so you'd have to pick (dunno how you'd work the refund stuff maybe a cool down to prevent abuse) it's a great place to see what simple things could maybe be expanded. Devs would have to take a lot of time balance testing so it would be pretty hard to look for what could be improved but I see this as a great place to start

+1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

On 3/14/2022 at 11:31 PM, Conrad said:

^ See i agree with conrad, I mean I would love too add new stuff but I just dont see it affecting gameplay a lot more and giving people more advantages with a higher reload speed and the other ones. 

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this

7 hours ago, Maxwells said:

^ See i agree with conrad, I mean I would love too add new stuff but I just dont see it affecting gameplay a lot more and giving people more advantages with a higher reload speed and the other ones. 

At the end of the day, all it really is, is just an idea. If there is a way to implement it then cool, if not, oh well.

• Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been ACCEPTED.

// LOCKED

// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - ACCEPTED

• 1 year later...